PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid idea. Only in California.

HCS
04-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Bullets with ID#'s on them. Only for California. Now this has all kinds of holes shot in it.
Now what if some punk steals a bunch of ammo and goes out and shoots someone? Hmmm....who did it? I know, the guy that bought the bullets. :idea:
Or how about I go out of state and buy some ammo. Now there's an idea. :idea:
Sounds like another reason to raise prices and try and regulate sales on ammo.
When this doesn't work, then what? Quit selling ammo all together?

MsDrmr
04-27-2005, 08:19 AM
what are you saying about CA?? :wink: were pretty cool. stupid sometimes, but cool :hammerhea

moneypit
04-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Stupid. I wont even comment

HCS
04-27-2005, 08:42 AM
what are you saying about CA?? :wink: were pretty cool. stupid sometimes, but cool :hammerhea
I spent a $110.00 on a pair of RayBans. :cool:

mirvin
04-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Dood...everyone knows that criminals obey gun laws...that's why they work so well :220v: :yuk:
mirvin :confused:

HCS
04-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Dood...everyone knows that criminals obey gun laws...that's why they work so well :220v: :yuk:
mirvin :confused:
I knew it! There had to be some common sense to this.
What happens when the bullets get all mixed up? :D

mirvin
04-27-2005, 09:00 AM
You gotta understand the BIG PICTURE.....
The idea is that if they can muck up the gun laws bad enough then the only way to fix it will be to outlaw guns completely.
That's why we don't see laws that make sense.
mirvin :notam:

Dave C
04-27-2005, 09:03 AM
it makes perfect sense. The lefties, who want to outlaw guns (see frisco), cannot outright ban guns, so if they work towards the goal to ban ammo instead, it renders the gun useless... at least for law abiding citizens at least!

HCS
04-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Watch ammo sales go through the roof. I know I'll stock up.

CrazyHippy
04-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Good thing i know how to re-load :D
Wonder if they'll make me start etching serial #'s into my castings??
BJH :idea:

totenhosen
04-27-2005, 11:41 AM
reminds me of the Chris Rock video where he talks about raising bullet prices to $100.00 per bullet

topless
04-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Officer "Excuse me maam,are you missing any bullets"
Me "why yes officer"
Officer " We just found it lodged in your ex-husbands head"
Me "Oh thank you for finding it for me! How ever did it get there?" :confused:

spectratoad
04-27-2005, 12:04 PM
When this doesn't work, then what? Quit selling ammo all together?
SSSHHHHHHHH You may not want to say that too loud over there across the border. :D

HM
04-27-2005, 12:19 PM
it makes perfect sense. The lefties, who want to outlaw guns (see frisco), cannot outright ban guns, so if they work towards the goal to ban ammo instead, it renders the gun useless... at least for law abiding citizens at least!
That is exactly what they are doing to smokers. Smoking is legal, but they are making it illegal to smoke anywhere (especially in S.F.) Don't get me wrong....I am a non-smoker...never smoked....I hate smoke....I hate inconsiderate smokers....BUT, the precident of the laws being created is scary and being driven by a small fringe extreme group(happens to be the same group trying ban guns).
I have an idea, why don't they make murder illegal? What, it is illegal? How is that possible for people to continue to murder while it is illegal? I know, lets make more laws for these people to ignore because it makes us feel good, even though they really penalize the law abiding citizens.
:angry2:

Thunderbutt
04-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Are you sure it is the Ammo and not the Barrel. They were talking about all gun Manufacters to finger print the barrels. Which I think is a good idea.

djunkie
04-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Well if it's just for Ca. then buy your ammo out of state. I order mine online and they ship it to my door. It's usually cheaper too.

djunkie
04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Are you sure it is the Ammo and not the Barrel. They were talking about all gun Manufacters to finger print the barrels. Which I think is a good idea.
I highly doubt that will make any difference what so ever. How many criminals out there have legal guns. I'd guess that 9 out of 10 crimes with a gun involves a stolen gun. If that is the case it will lead to know where.

beyondhelpin
04-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Guns kill. Just like Rosie Odonnels spoon made her fat! :yuk:

HCS
04-27-2005, 04:09 PM
HCS, pay attention now, I posted the entire article aboiut 2 hours before you woke up!
Riodog
Ok, I'll go sit in the corner.