PDA

View Full Version : Will Gasoline Prices Affect Your Boating?

In2Deep
04-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Gas prices are higher than ever.
Between fuel for towing and trips, and for boat gas, these trips can create a substantial fuel bill each time out. So, a question for the forum:
1. Will high gasoline prices affect the number of trips to the lake or river you take? Will you be headed out fewer times?
2. If you plan on going just as often as ever, will you be spending more time on the beach...just to save gas?
3. Or, will you just suck it up, pay the freight, and go about pursuing your passion for boating as normal? Business as usual?
I2D

cole13
04-27-2005, 09:21 AM
I do not think it really makes that big of a difference. Lets say that gas went up .50, and you use a 100 gallons for a weekend out, including the tow to where you are going. it is only $50.00. Why would you stop doing what you love for $100.00 a month more, if you go twice a month.

Mandelon
04-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Going out on the water is such a welcome treat I won't give a shit. I might try to slow down a little and run where its most efficient.....but maybe not! :cool:

mirvin
04-27-2005, 09:52 AM
For me it's not so much the boat....but getting there in the 8 mpg motorhome ;)
mirvin

NuckinFutz
04-27-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm not planning any less trips, but might not run as far each day to conserve fuel. It don't take long at Powell to run a tank of gas out and last year it was $3.02 a gallon on the water to fill up. I don't even want to think what it will run this year. It makes Havasu more appealing since I don't burn near as much fuel at the zoo as I do at Powell.

BarryMac
04-27-2005, 11:07 AM
I will probably make more trips this year but will definitely be hanging on a Sandbar relaxing more, floating more and less RoosterTail... :D :D

djunkie
04-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Hasn't and won't stop me. Gotta pay to play. Now I just have to hit up my passengers for a little more gas money. :D

TPI
04-28-2005, 09:12 AM
It wont slow down any trips for us...........but it will slow down my boat a bit. There will definately NOT be as many Wide Open Speed runs for us. That motor gets very thirsty when you open it up..............too thirsty. Going to tame it down a bit soon. Lots of cruising and day camping........cant wait!

MOBrien
04-28-2005, 12:07 PM
fuggit. ya gotta pay to play. Fill 'er up with Super please. :cool:
I didn't buy my boat to be frugal....we'll probably use it even more this year.

dicudmore
04-28-2005, 12:30 PM
fuggit. ya gotta pay to play. Fill 'er up with Super please. :cool:
I didn't buy my boat to be frugal....we'll probably use it even more this year.
that's the attitude I like :D
When you dragging it down here for us to meet ya??

JetBoatRich
04-28-2005, 01:52 PM
For me it's not so much the boat....but getting there in the 8 mpg motorhome ;)
mirvin
you get that much, I might be around 5 MPG :cry:

Sweet Addiction
04-28-2005, 04:52 PM
WOT Baby. :2purples:

jbtrailerjim
04-28-2005, 05:06 PM
The cost is not going to keep me away. I'll just be a little more conservative with the throttle and maybe spend a little more time beached.

voodoomedman
04-28-2005, 06:10 PM
gotta go!!! We just bought a new car and will leave the truck at the Havasu house and that will save a bunch on gas and expensive tire wear. As far as the boat if you ride with us you pay with us.