PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma - Poker Run or Boat Show

burtandnancy
04-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Well, Nancy see's this commercial on TV for the Lido Boat Show this week- end and wants to look at some more Sunseekers. If I go with her I have to give up my ride in the Poker Run. One way I'm happy, and the other she's happy. I think you know how this is going to turn out. But I also shot myself in the foot. After last years Desert Heat Poker run, I wrote a thread critical of the safety of the event and the starting proceedures (required by the coast guard). She won't let me forget, but I still have the same issues. Now I only have a day or so to make up my mind (or she'll do it for me).

TCHB
04-27-2005, 06:02 PM
NO Question Poker Run

GHTRIM
04-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Depends if she'll throw you the guilt trip or not.... :confused: Boat show this late in the year will be lame... :sleeping: Go to the Sunseeker website, then hop in the car and go to the poker run... Of course invite her if possible... :D

racecar.hotshoe
04-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Depends if she'll throw you the guilt trip or not.... :confused: Boat show this late in the year will be lame... :sleeping: Go to the Sunseeker website, then hop in the car and go to the poker run... Of course invite her if possible... :D
Come ride with us you can be our boat biatch!.............. :D

SBullet
04-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Poker Run...poker Run!!! :d

Rvr2Bch
04-27-2005, 07:38 PM
This answer is easy- I just got back from the Newport Dunes show- now the boat show is out of the way, and it's off to Havasu. So take Thursday off work, put the deposit down on the Sunseeker, and then head to the lake for the poker run. Also, remember that there are TWO boat shows in Newport. The Lido and Newport Dunes. Wednesdays LA Times Sports section had both ads next to each other. See you at the lake!

slowinhavasuskid
04-27-2005, 07:55 PM
My vote.... POKER RUN!!!!!

KACHINA KEN
04-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Poker Run, you already know you want the Sunseeker Preadator, get off the fence and come have one with us.

dirty old man
04-28-2005, 07:01 AM
take if from one DOM to another, keep her happy. but can't you do both?
take her to the boat show Thur and go to Poker run F, S and Sunday. what size preditor does she want?

burtandnancy
04-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Poker Run won out. Thanks for the input. Besides, she says the weather will be better in Newport on Sunday, so I need to get back.
Three drums of race fuel in the boat, bag packed, LHC, here I come...