PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Olympus Camera Commercial

lakewake
04-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Skip the intro, then click 'commercials', then 'emergency'
The ad depicts an EMT stealing a camera from a crash victim"It's That Good"!
I have many Family members, friends and customers that are Police,Firefighters and EMT. This ad sucks and the product should be boycotted until they pull the advertising.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/getolympus/flash.asp

mickeyfinn
04-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Come on,.....Lighten up. Everyone wants to avoid being offended. It is a commercial. No way that was intended to be a reflection on EMT's. It was just to demonstrate that the product is good. People today think they have a right not to be offended. You can turn the channel, turn the television off, not visit their website or not buy their product, but please don't come whine in public because you are offended or we might start thinking your are some kind of liberal or something. :rollside:

CARLSON-JET
04-26-2006, 01:53 PM
I tried, It would not play. The others did. maybe you got your point across. R.B.

Run_em_Hard
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Ya the other two would work for me also but not that one...

Caribbean Jet
04-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Wouldn't work for me...

Phat Matt
04-26-2006, 02:10 PM
They must have already pulled it for you.

lakewake
04-26-2006, 02:13 PM
It looks as if they pulled it already. It was pretty bad even if done in fun. The BMW motorad forums I belong to and other biker groups hammered them hard since this morning when I believe it was released. It showed a motorcyclist down after a car accident,The paramedics climb out of their bus and run to the biker. The Camera is hanging from a lanyard around his neck.The EMT's look at each other,one cuts the lanyard and puts the camera in his pocket followed by the voice over"The irresistable stylus"

riverbound
04-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Skip the intro, then click 'commercials', then 'emergency'
The ad depicts an EMT stealing a camera from a crash victim"It's That Good"!
I have many Family members, friends and customers that are Police,Firefighters and EMT. This ad sucks and the product should be boycotted until they pull the advertising.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/getolympus/flash.asp
Would you like some French cries with that Whaaaamburger??
:rolleyes:

Jyruiz
04-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Being PC sucks.

Jordy
04-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Would you like some French cries with that Whaaaamburger??
You know, I think those EMT's left in a WAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance after they snatched the camera. :D

frdvschvy
04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
You hear that? I think the Whaaaaambulance is coming. Better make sure the rotten EMT's driving it don't take your camera.
Please let me know if this post (or any of my other posts) offend you, and I will remove them ASAP. :rolleyes:

frdvschvy
04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
You know, I think those EMT's left in a WAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance after they snatched the camera. :D
Damn, you beat me to it :)

lakewake
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
You hear that? I think the Whaaaaambulance is coming. Better make sure the rotten EMT's driving it don't take your camera.
Please let me know if this post (or any of my other posts) offend you, and I will remove them ASAP. :rolleyes:
Maybe for thier new waterproof camera they can pull some kid face down out of the river all blue and dead and take a water proof camera from her with the tag line " The irresisitable Stylus" Would that make you happy? It doesn't surprise me that you have to quote a Joe Dirt movie to make your point.

ChumpChange
04-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Do you know what offends me? junkyardjuice.com. Why is when I click on a link, it makes a gunshot? Isn't there already enough violence in the world? Why do you have to promote it? You should be ashamed of yourself.
We must all boycott junkyardjuice until this is CHANGED!!!!!!!!!

frdvschvy
04-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Maybe for thier new waterproof camera they can pull some kid face down out of the river all blue and dead and take a water proof camera from her with the tag line " The irresisitable Stylus" Would that make you happy? It doesn't surprise me that you have to quote a Joe Dirt movie to make your point.
Joe Dirt is my idol :rollside:

Jyruiz
04-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Do you know what offends me? junkyardjuice.com. Why is when I click on a link, it makes a gunshot? Isn't there already enough violence in the world? Why do you have to promote it? You should be ashamed of yourself.
We must all boycott junkyardjuice until this is CHANGED!!!!!!!!!
LMAO!

TheLurker
04-26-2006, 03:52 PM
I saw it the other night. The commercial did stay with me for a few moments while I thought about it.
I thought it was poor taste on Cannon’s part nothing else.
But like I said the commercial stayed with me for a few moments and if that’s what they want, they got it but it was a negative reaction. Not what I think they were after.

hoolign
04-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Oh come on...who here hasnt snatched jewelry of a dead relative?? my favorite watch came off my dear uncle Walter...
It wasnt like he was gonna use the alarm to let him know when the dead guy prank had gone far enough