PDA

View Full Version : LAPD Flashlight Fiasco??

mirvin
04-29-2005, 08:45 AM
I know there's been alot of bashing lately but at the end of the day these guys are on OUR side and it really makes me angry when they get in trouble for doing their job. :frown:
mirvin

MsDrmr
04-29-2005, 08:51 AM
I agree, we all have to respect the good ones out there......they are there for us and don't get mad, just try to understand what position they are in. They don't want to ruin your fun, but they don't want to report any serious accidents either.

dirty old man
04-29-2005, 08:51 AM
They should have beat the bad guys with their battons instead of denting up expensive flashlites. Now that have to use wiffle bats

MsDrmr
04-29-2005, 09:04 AM
It's hard to damage a Mag Lite

mirvin
04-29-2005, 09:08 AM
I got pulled over by a CHP last year cuz my flip up rear plate was obscured by my trailer hitch.....anyway....he walked up to my window and sitting on the passenger seat was a big ol mag lite. He says "watcha doin with the flashlight"? I say's "flashlighting" he laughed his ass off, told me to remove my hitch so he could see my plate and sent me on my way:)
It was obvious HE was worried about the mag lite.....
mirvin

Tom Brown
04-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Mag lites rock. :cool:

OGShocker
04-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Here is the story (http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~20954~2841974,00.html)
The pirp was an EX-CON. I say they shoulda smacked him three more times! :hammer2:

callbob4homes
04-29-2005, 11:42 AM
I just don't understand the beating part. Why not do like all these mothers with screaming ass kids throwing tantrums do. "If you don't stop that, I am going to give you a time out" (in your harshest sqeeky mommy voice).
I can just hear it now........."Officer Kilrtoy was suspended without pay today for not giving a time out today to the dirtbag he apprehended in the act of stealing one of the wackas off of a boat parked in his driveway. Officer Kilrtoy instead, used his new departmental rubber flashlight to softly subdue the drug crazed thief and in the process left a small bruise on the wanted felons' arm. Film at 11:00". :hammer2:

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 12:07 PM
I just don't understand the beating part. Why not do like all these mothers with screaming ass kids throwing tantrums do. "If you don't stop that, I am going to give you a time out" (in your harshest sqeeky mommy voice).
I can just hear it now........."Officer Kilrtoy was suspended without pay today for not giving a time out today to the dirtbag he apprehended in the act of stealing one of the wackas off of a boat parked in his driveway. Officer Kilrtoy instead, used his new departmental rubber flashlight to softly subdue the drug crazed thief and in the process left a small bruise on the wanted felons' arm. Film at 11:00". :hammer2:
Too bad Mrs Kilr don't pack a flashlight

mirvin
04-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Too bad Mrs Kilr don't pack a flashlight
Uhhh huh huh huh huh......I heard she DOES pack a flashlight........
:supp:
Sorry :D
mirvin :hammer2:

MudPumper
04-29-2005, 01:15 PM
It's hard to damage a Mag Lite
Cops don't carry Mag Lights they carry Stream Lights. A mag light can't compare to a Stream Light. :lightsabe ;) :mix:

mirvin
04-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Cops don't carry Mag Lights they carry Stream Lights. A mag light can't compare to a Stream Light. :lightsabe ;) :mix:
Well there's the problem right there!!! I sure ain't gonna risk busting my $600 Stream Light on some doods skull.....sheesh:D
mirvin

BRSTQUEST
04-29-2005, 01:55 PM
It Is A Real Shame That 5 Or 6 Lapd Officers Face Days Off For Doing Their Job......the Discipline Ranges From A Written To Discharge, How About An "ataboy" For Doing Their Job Of Protecting Everyone From Parolees In Stolen Cars....i Think If You Are Bad Ass Enough To Steal A Car And Start A Chase, You Should Not Be Such A Pus%) When You Get Caught......and For This Guys Bottom Feeding Attorney I Hope You Sleep Well At Night Knowing Your Dirt Bag Clients May Go Free From Your Lies And False Statements Of What Happened......

BRSTQUEST
04-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Shockwavebob......first If You Look At The Totality Of The Situation The Response Of These Officers Is In Line With The Statutory Law, Case Law, And Department Policy And Training...they Were Involved In A Felony Car Chase In An Unknown Are To Lapd (compton, Patroled By Lasd) The Suspect Runs, And When Taken To The Ground Pulls His Hands Towards His Waistband...the Flashlight Strikes Were Not To The Head But The Upper Arm And Elbow Area Of His Right Arm....it Is A Technique To "swarm" A Suspect And That Is To Control His Hands Which Are The Tools Used By Bad Guys To Kill Cops.....the Strikes Were Used To Free His Hands And Allow The Cops To Gain Full Control Of The Suspect.....if You Saw The Booking Photo Or The Photos Taken At The Jail You Will Not See And Trauma Inconsistant With What Is Shown In The Video.....this By No Means Is A Rodney King Incident, But Criminal Need To Be Made Respnpsible For Their Actions

BRSTQUEST
04-29-2005, 03:10 PM
I Am Not Trying To Call You Soft Or A Bleeding Heart Just Trying To Let People Know What Cops React To And Sense As A Threat....a Fleeing Felon Who Runs In A Car, Then Runs On Foot, And Pulls His Hands Towards The Waistband Should Be Seen As A Serious Threat To The Lives Of The Officers.....the Reasonable Person Standard Is The Standard Which Agencies Use To Determine If Force Is Out Of Policy.....whould A Reasonable Person(not Officer) Believe That The Fleeing Felon Who Pulls His Arms Towards His Waistband Is A Threat???? I Would Guess That The Vast Majority Of Resonable People Would See This As A Threat And Would React In An Active Way.....just Because Something Is Filmed Does Not Make It So...remeber The Inglewood Pd Case, Those Officers Were Not Convicted Of Any Crime And Were Awarded Millions By A Civil Jury, Because They Were Victims Of Unfair Termination...and It Was All Caught On Film

BRSTQUEST
04-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Your Preception Is Just That, Yours....and Mine Is Mine.....my Point Is There Was An Uproar At The Onset Of The Inglewood Pd Case With The Mayor And Pd Chief Calling For The Officers To Be Fired Without Any Type Of Review.....the Case Was Accepted By The Da's Office And Tried At The Airport Court(lennox Area Of La Co), Not The Most Pro Cop Area Of La Co......the Da Could Not Convince 12 People That Something Illegal Had Occured, So They Tried It Again With The Same Result.....if This Is Not A Shining Example Of How Video Does Not Show The Entire Story I Am Not Sure There Is One

MudPumper
04-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Shockwavebob......first If You Look At The Totality Of The Situation The Response Of These Officers Is In Line With The Statutory Law, Case Law, And Department Policy And Training...they Were Involved In A Felony Car Chase In An Unknown Are To Lapd (compton, Patroled By Lasd) The Suspect Runs, And When Taken To The Ground Pulls His Hands Towards His Waistband...the Flashlight Strikes Were Not To The Head But The Upper Arm And Elbow Area Of His Right Arm....it Is A Technique To "swarm" A Suspect And That Is To Control His Hands Which Are The Tools Used By Bad Guys To Kill Cops.....the Strikes Were Used To Free His Hands And Allow The Cops To Gain Full Control Of The Suspect.....if You Saw The Booking Photo Or The Photos Taken At The Jail You Will Not See And Trauma Inconsistant With What Is Shown In The Video.....this By No Means Is A Rodney King Incident, But Criminal Need To Be Made Respnpsible For Their Actions
I remember watching the video and the first thing that I noticed was that the suspect had his arms and hands under his body as if to be reaching toward his wasteband. The first officer that was on him was visibly trying to yank his arm out from under him while the second officer delivered distraction blows to the arm and shoulder to gain compliance. After compliance was had, the officer stopped striking the suspect. Absolutely nothing wrong with how I saw the video but then again I don't view things as the average citizen sitting home watching the news does, and that is the problem with LAPD and the Civil Service Commission. You have a bunch of people who don't know shit about doing police work coming down on the department demanding policy change. Now we need to look at the bigger picture and that is the politics that are involved. As soon as the incident was aired, the BLACK community (and don't take any of this as racist im just stating the truth) was in an uproar as they always are when any blacks get in trouble. They demanded that something be done and Bratton as well as the Civil Service Commission and Mayor Hahn roll right over as soon as the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, Los Angeles Urban League and the list goes on and on start raising hell, instead of standing behind the officers. If the suspect was white, we would have seen the chase on the news and that would have been the end of it. Nobody would have complained that a white dude got hit on the shoulder 11 times after fleeing from officers. Bratton made the statements today at a Black Church, not at City Hall or in front of Parker Center. Why? He is trying to appease the black community. Mayor James Hahn, who had been critical of Los Angeles County officials when they refused to prosecute the officers in February, praised Bratton's decision. HE WAS CRITICAL OF OFFICIALS WHEN THEY REFUSED TO PRESECUTE THE OFFICERS. Give me a f'n break. Talk about lack of support and backing for the department. When LAPD shot the 13 yr old black kid who led cops on a chase and then tried to run them over, the very first thing Mayer Hahn did was come on TV and bash LAPD. He was completely unsupportive of the officers involved and the department. Before any facts were known about what had happened he was prommising that the officers involved would be brought to justice. What happened to innocent until proven guilty??? How about having some confidence in the officers that protect the city so you can get on TV and say stupid shit. It sickens me to see these people lay down whenever the Black commnity gets upset because one of their own does something wrong. Go ahead Bratton, take away full size flashlights and waste half a million dollars on rubber ones. The next step will be to take away the PR-24 and then the officers side arm. It will be just like England, cops with no guns because you are afraid they might actually use the tools necessary to do police work. :argue: I'll shut up now because this got me way too fired up for a Friday night.

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 05:04 PM
WOW Mudpumper.....
I agree........