PDA

View Full Version : My whole weekend is SCREWED

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Just got a call from Lakeland Marine... he said my prop is bent on three ears and they would not recommend using the boat until the prop is fixed. They then were cool enough to check and see if they had any to loan me and no luck.....
I bent the props last weekend at WINDSOR..... BECAREFUL THERE, as the water is very low. I bent them backing up........
Called DCB and they dont have any spares... BRyan said he would make a call and have his taken off his boat and I could use them for the weekend....
I thanked him, but passed. I would hate to ruin his personal props.....
With that said Im staying home.... Eveyone enjoy and be safe....

dicudmore
04-29-2005, 02:13 PM
BUMMER dude :cry:

mirvin
04-29-2005, 02:15 PM
That sucks Kilr.....at least you didnt' find out via a nasty shimmy shimmy shake shake :rollside:
mirvin

dexman38
04-29-2005, 02:17 PM
sorry to here that.

welk2party
04-29-2005, 02:20 PM
That really sucks! I have been fortunate to not have hurt my props in a couple of seasons. I am probably due.

tamalewagon
04-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Kilr...what kind of prop are you looking for?

Tom Brown
04-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Can't you just bang them back into shape with your plastic flashlight?

mirvin
04-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Tee hee hee hee....wait a second.....THAT'S NO FUNNY BROWN!!! :220v:
mirvin :smile:

phebus
04-29-2005, 02:36 PM
LMAO. That condenses about three threads into one. :D

Artv
04-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Sorry about that, now you can cum to the Scuba's and play some naked twister.

Tom Brown
04-29-2005, 02:43 PM
By the way Kilr, I'm sorry about your prop and the lost weekend. If it's any consolation, it's supposed to snow another inch in the next 24 hours up here and my lake will be frozen for 3+ more weeks.
:cool:

topless
04-29-2005, 02:46 PM
By the way Kilr, I'm sorry about your prop and the lost weekend. If it's any consolation, it's supposed to snow another inch in the next 24 hours up here and my lake will be frozen for 3+ more weeks.
:cool:Why don't you borrow Kilrs flashlight and chip the ice away? :D

HOOTER SLED-
04-29-2005, 02:51 PM
SHoulda got a jet Kilr. :D ;) Wanna go to Elsinore Sunday?????

Daytona100
04-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Just got a call from Lakeland Marine... he said my prop is bent on three ears and they would not recommend using the boat until the prop is fixed. They then were cool enough to check and see if they had any to loan me and no luck.....
I bent the props last weekend at WINDSOR..... BECAREFUL THERE, as the water is very low. I bent them backing up........
Called DCB and they dont have any spares... BRyan said he would make a call and have his taken off his boat and I could use them for the weekend....
Hey kilr where did you bang your prop? Near the launch? Wheres the shallow spot?You would think the water level would be up with all this friggen rain.Gonna be out there for the regatta in a couple weeks. Hope the level raises up by then. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Ducatista
04-29-2005, 03:12 PM
That sucks big time. You are not alone, I'll be working this weekend missing both the poker run & the AMA races....fricking sucks! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

phebus
04-29-2005, 03:13 PM
With all the outboard boats coming out of DCB, you would think they would have a set that someone nearby them could bring out.

spectras only
04-29-2005, 03:15 PM
With all the low water situation around there , I would buy a hovercraft :D . Sorry about your deal Kilr , time to invest in some spare props :2purples: .

ShowSumSkin
04-29-2005, 03:19 PM
SHoulda got a jet Kilr. :D ;) Wanna go to Elsinore Sunday?????
You guys are going to be in Elsinor on Sun?

ShowSumSkin
04-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news Kilr but you won't be the only one missing out on all the fun, I'm right there with ya :frown:

jbtrailerjim
04-29-2005, 03:25 PM
I'd say I feel sorry for you but I'm stuck at home also this weekend and I have to work tomorrow. So, I can catch up on some paperwork. I'll get out there sometime this season. :cry:

Phat Matt
04-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Just be a boat bitch. You don't want to miss this weekend. You can jump on our boat if you want.

MagicMtnDan
04-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Damn, I guess you'll just have to spend the "whole screwed weekend" with Mrs. Kilr. Just let everyone know if that ever gets old and there'll be a long line of guys outside your house :D

JetBoatRich
04-29-2005, 03:46 PM
That sucks :devil: have to stay home and work on your post count :rolleyes:

HCS
04-29-2005, 03:47 PM
It's suppose to rain here Sunday. No summer here yet either.
I guess I could just hit my prop with a hammer and bend it. Be the same affect. :cry:

HCS
04-29-2005, 03:48 PM
That sucks :devil: have to stay home and work on your post count :rolleyes:
Yes, I have to work tomorrow. Post along with me. Kilrtoy, gives me someone to post with. :)

chub
04-29-2005, 03:57 PM
I have to go in Saturday 2345 till Sunday about 0030. 45 minutes of work screwing my whole weekend. I'm not gonna cry about the 8 hours of double bubble though. ;)

HOOTER SLED-
04-29-2005, 04:23 PM
You guys are going to be in Elsinor on Sun?
Was thinking about it. Don't know wha the weather is gonna be like. I need to check.

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey kilr where did you bang your prop? Near the launch? Wheres the shallow spot?You would think the water level would be up with all this friggen rain.Gonna be out there for the regatta in a couple weeks. Hope the level raises up by then. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
This happened two weeks ago at windsor ramp.
I was directely behind the trailer(10feet off) at the launch ramp backing up....
The following wekend they posted a sign saying low water at ramps....
I was not happy...
The tip of the ears is barely bent, But they(lakeland) said it was bad and could cause a lower unit failure in turn could cause an accident at high speeds...
With that said Im getting the prop fixed and getting a new back up set.

Rvr2Bch
04-29-2005, 05:36 PM
How 'bout all of us fire up "Pegged" at 0930 Saturday and fix a Bloody Mary and we'll have our own poker run!

JetBoatRich
04-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Yes, I have to work tomorrow. Post along with me. Kilrtoy, gives me someone to post with. :)
I have tomorrow off :cool: but games until 2 or so :rolleyes: but will try to keep up with you all :smile:

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 06:04 PM
I have tomorrow off :cool: but games until 2 or so :rolleyes: but will try to keep up with you all :smile:
JBR, you better stop lying....
ILL TRY TO KEEP UP WITH YOU ALL

JetBoatRich
04-29-2005, 06:05 PM
JBR, you better stop lying....
ILL TRY TO KEEP UP WITH YOU ALL
:eek: :cool: :eek:

voodoomedman
04-29-2005, 06:41 PM
I know everyone says I should boycott but that is why I launch at the marina. Never have to worry about low water or wind or anything there. I am going to check out sandpoint though to get away from the crowds when it's busy. Don't need you speed demons in DCB's bouncing around my little boy. :D

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 06:43 PM
I know everyone says I should boycott but that is why I launch at the marina. Never have to worry about low water or wind or anything there. I am going to check out sandpoint though to get away from the crowds when it's busy. Don't need you speed demons in DCB's bouncing around my little boy. :D
LOL this DCB speed demon is mighty slow this weekend....

syke-o
04-29-2005, 06:44 PM
ya i bent my prop a few weeks ago there, gotta be on the look out

boatnam2
04-29-2005, 06:54 PM
look at the bright side your post count will probaly go up another couple thousand this weekend. lol

Mandelon
04-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Miguel, why not buy a couple of cheap three blade aluminum props? That would get you back on the water at least, :confused: then keep em for spares just in case your careless disregard for your new vessel causes you to damage them again? :p

Beer-30
04-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I was directely behind the trailer(10feet off) at the launch ramp backing up....
I was not happy...
The tip of the ears is barely bent, But they(lakeland) said it was bad and could cause a lower unit failure in turn could cause an accident at high speeds...
Depth finder didn't warn you?

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Miguel, why not buy a couple of cheap three blade aluminum props? That would get you back on the water at least, :confused: then keep em for spares just in case your careless disregard for your new vessel causes you to damage them again? :p
They will ruin the lower unit...
As for my disregard, I only hit the throttle when you were in front of me and I was trying to achieve ramming speed.....

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Depth finder didn't warn you?
I was on the launch ramp, backing off the trailer.....

BLOWN HOWARD
04-29-2005, 08:27 PM
ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just messin with ya since i am home this weekend also. Baby is due in 4days

hoolign
04-29-2005, 08:28 PM
I was on the launch ramp, backing off the trailer.....
Is the water there that dirty that you can't see the bottom in three feet ?? betcha won't do that agiain!

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Is the water there that dirty that you can't see the bottom in three feet ?? betcha won't do that agiain!
NO,
water levels vary as i am learning...
I launched in that exact spot the day before with NO problems......

hoolign
04-29-2005, 08:46 PM
NO,
water levels vary as i am learning...
I launched in that exact spot the day before with NO problems......
Expensive lesson..but as the ol man told me " Boy.. as long as you don't pay twice for being stupid twice" :D

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Expensive lesson..but as the ol man told me " Boy.. as long as you don't pay twice for being stupid twice" :D
Stupid NO,
If these bends were on a bravo, it would make zero difference and you could run it...
On these engines and speeds yes you cant run it....

boxscore
04-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Props keepin you off the water this weekend must make you ill. Windsor has done the same to me before. There's that shallow area just west of the ramp area...chock full of stones. Seems a natural place to go after pushin off the trailer...best to stay near the docks. Why do I have the feeling you wont be bored this weekend in Havasu?

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Props keepin you off the water this weekend must make you ill. Windsor has done the same to me before. There's that shallow area just west of the ramp area...chock full of stones. Seems a natural place to go after pushin off the trailer...best to stay near the docks. Why do I have the feeling you wont be bored this weekend in Havasu?
I was still travelling backwards, I was only 10 feet off the trailer... I had not even started to turn yet....
But yes it was the west side....
At least im not in havasu and Im lucky I got the word before i left town....
Albeit I was on the freeway leaving when I got the call....

boxscore
04-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Taking care of those 300 mills is priority numero uno.

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Taking care of those 300 mills is priority numero uno.
exactly, dont want to spend what 4 to 7K or what ever it is on a new lower unit....That is why i went with outboards to avoid loosing the lower unit.....

JetBoatRich
04-29-2005, 09:49 PM
look at the bright side your post count will probaly go up another couple thousand this weekend. lol
is that a low estimate Jim :jawdrop:

Daytona100
04-29-2005, 10:01 PM
I was not happy...
Thanks for the info.Gets expensive real fast. Hope to see you down there soon.Good luck . :cool:

HCS
04-29-2005, 10:34 PM
If you guys would quit spilling oil in it maybe we could see through it!

bfab33
04-30-2005, 05:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your prop Kilr.
I launched from windsor last weekend and was stressing on how low the water was. I could see how someone could hit.

ratso
04-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Buy a couple of spares Kilrtoy...
You could always come to the boat drags this weekend... in Waco. :D

Big Bear
04-30-2005, 07:44 AM
Damn Kilr!! I wish I would have known earlier. As I told you a week ago, I couldn't find anybody that did not have obligations this weekend. We could have taken my boat this weekend. I need to get out on Castaic Sunday to make sure everything is OK for my river trip in a couple of weeks.

sorry dog
04-30-2005, 12:28 PM
No sympathy for you Brown. I know of a few telemarketer postions you might be qualified for where you have year round Glastron weather.

LAVEYSABRE575
04-30-2005, 01:27 PM
kilr why didnt you just take your props to richard at the propeller co. in havasu he would fix them on the spot make them brand new...derek

cola
05-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Bronson Hill only. :rolleyes:

MAINEVENT
05-02-2005, 07:01 AM
Thats what you get biatch for talking shiznit :rolleyes: Sorry about the props :rolleyes:

barbigrl
05-02-2005, 07:12 AM
I was wondering where you were this weekend....

WYRD
05-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Sucks for you Kilr...............Not only did you not get to go to Havi but Hot Boat was down all weekend. :D :DWhat did you do?????

HCS
05-02-2005, 09:32 PM
After reading this thread, your right! Your weekend was screwed.
You didn't even post your wifes tits! :crossx:

TheLurker
05-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Launching at Windsor in the center of the south side ramp broke my hitch receiver earlier this year when the trailer tires dropped off the end of the ramp into a hole. I need to pose a pic of it one of these days.
I will never use the ramp on the south side any more. Going to stay with the north one.

Kilrtoy
05-02-2005, 10:18 PM
Launching at Windsor in the center of the south side ramp broke my hitch receiver earlier this year when the trailer tires dropped off the end of the ramp into a hole. I need to pose a pic of it one of these days.
I will never use the ramp on the south side any more. Going to stay with the north one.
YEP...
Day one smashed up my new trailer the first time I launched.... NOT HAPPY, yes on the south side

hoolign
05-02-2005, 10:39 PM
If you guys would quit spilling oil in it maybe we could see through it!
I'm quite sure you people can be held responsible for your own negligence
:notam: