PDA

View Full Version : Havasu, 05/11-14...

slingingsmoke
04-29-2005, 09:35 PM
so can anyone recommend a good wax for my boat. I also need to polish all of the anodized aluminum and polish the chrome 4" exh. tips....
Can you guys/gals gimme some brands to choose from?
PS:Hope to see some of you all there! We'll be @ Crazyhorse I'll post further info as we get closer.
JON

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Cant help with your request , but we will be out there..
FRIENDS AND FAMILY party that weekend.....

slingingsmoke
04-29-2005, 09:43 PM
It'd be good to put a face with a name.....
BTW: hows the vette doing? I've seen a bunch come into Rydell Chev. in Northridge. Some make a funny noise w/ the serpentine belt?? Hope everythings going well.

Kilrtoy
04-29-2005, 09:50 PM
It'd be good to put a face with a name.....
BTW: hows the vette doing? I've seen a bunch come into Rydell Chev. in Northridge. Some make a funny noise w/ the serpentine belt?? Hope everythings going well.
You work there I see...
They checked it two weeks ago and it is all good, Im lucky.. But I know what you are talking about , with the harmonic balancer ....
now my truck is another story............

slingingsmoke
04-30-2005, 08:09 AM
no, I dont work there but I had to take the 2004 D-Max in for a hydroboost brake fitting that was leaking and my 2005 Colorado for some popping noise in the LF torsion bar..

slingingsmoke
04-30-2005, 11:31 AM
so can anyone recommend a good wax for my boat. I also need to polish all of the anodized aluminum and polish the chrome 4" exh. tips....
Can you guys/gals gimme some brands to choose from?
Bump...

LAVEYSABRE575
04-30-2005, 11:38 AM
SLING , I use CLR on the exhaust tips takes off all the calcium in seconds rinse immediately do not get the stuff on any anodized pieces it will fade them , for wax the best stuff ive found is DRIVEN marine wax then to keep the shine and remove water spots when im parked i use driven spray and shine the driven spray and shine works great on all your bezels etc. with no wax build up .,,enjoy..derek

slingingsmoke
04-30-2005, 12:09 PM
sweet. I'll try the CLR on the crome exh.
Do you think Mothers Mag/aluminum polish will work fine, How about regular carnuba wax for the gelcoat? Just wondering because I have an ass load of it in my garage and if I can use it insead of buying new "boat" wax!
JON

LAVEYSABRE575
04-30-2005, 12:50 PM
mag/alum polish takes hours, clr 10 seconds then rinse, carnuba for gel works ok i like the driven its easy to work with (wax on wax off) ...enjoy

hotlavey
04-30-2005, 12:58 PM
SLING , I use CLR on the exhaust tips takes off all the calcium in seconds rinse immediately do not get the stuff on any anodized pieces it will fade them , for wax the best stuff ive found is DRIVEN marine wax then to keep the shine and remove water spots when im parked i use driven spray and shine the driven spray and shine works great on all your bezels etc. with no wax build up .,,enjoy..derek
Driven is the right stuff. I've been using it for a number of years now on both the boat and the cars.Wax on, Wax off. Great stuff. I use straight white vinegar or "Ducky" on the chrome tips.

PBOCOP
04-30-2005, 01:09 PM
What is CLR ? I've been wondering this same thing for my tips. Heard different variations of what to use for different things.
One guy said he wipes the whole boat down with one tablespoon of Murphy's Oil with water and the whole boat shines. I also heard using Ducky on the tips and it takes the grime spots off.
What else do people use ?

LAVEYSABRE575
04-30-2005, 01:15 PM
CLR i dont know what the initials stand for you can get it at walmart, homedepot,target etc. the stuff is magic i pour it into a spray bottle squirt down the tips and rinse they look brand new ive tried tons of stuff for wax i like the driven stuff for upkeep (i must admit i use arizona reflections for a detail job every couple of months..derek

cc322
04-30-2005, 01:36 PM
I use Mothers products, the california gold 100% carnuba wax. Click on the link then go to paint care and scroll down for a picture.
http://www.mothers.com/products/products.html

Beer-30
05-01-2005, 07:30 PM
CLR i dont know what the initials stand for you can get it at walmart, homedepot,target etc. the stuff is magic i pour it into a spray bottle squirt down the tips and rinse they look brand new ive tried tons of stuff for wax i like the driven stuff for upkeep (i must admit i use arizona reflections for a detail job every couple of months..derek
C-alcium
L-ime
R-ust

voodoomedman
05-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Contact Warlock25. He has Waxing Frenzy and the stuff is the best. He also has stuff for chrome and all the good stuff and interior and... Do not use Car wax or carnuba wax. Fiberglass is a whole different story. You need something that was designed for it.

slingingsmoke
05-02-2005, 09:17 AM
would using CLR so many times (even if its for a short duration) damage the gelcoat around the tips???

Huckleberry
05-02-2005, 11:28 AM
I've used Driven for years also. Bought some Waxing Frenzy last winter and can't wait to try it out. I also use Driven's Quick Spray for wipedown. It cleans waterspots and puts a quick coat of wax back on the boat. Good stuff!
Driven Quick Spray (http://www.driventoperfection.com/shop/index.php?action=item&substart=0&id=13)

slingingsmoke
05-10-2005, 09:25 PM
alrighty then.....this weekend is approaching at light speed.....hope to see some of you at Havasu this weekend. I'll be staying @ Crazy Horse, so if anyones camping out stop by sites 7-9 on the beach. I'll have the black and silver 22' Marlin Jet and the Red F-250. Hollar "Slingingsmoke" in the Channel and I'll stop by. I'd really like to get to know more folks off of HB. It'll be a fun weekend.