PDA

View Full Version : $50 Waiver at the Marina

Magic34
05-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Can anyone confirm that they were charging people a $50 waiver to launch and they would forget about the sound law for the weekend???
If so.......
Anyone have any proof??

Squirtin Thunder
05-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Can anyone confirm that they were charging people a $50 waiver to launch and they would forget about the sound law for the weekend???
If so.......
Anyone have any proof??
That sounds like a bunch of crap !!! Actually sounds like they are a bunch of flippin crooks !!!

Kachina26
05-02-2005, 05:55 PM
This was reported to me by a lurker, I hope they come aboard here.

Magic34
05-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Keeping at the top

INSman
05-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Michael,
I think the "waiver" was more for boat length (over 32') than anything else, but I am guessing that once you paid the extra $$$, sound was not an issue either. :messedup:

sidewound
05-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Sounds like some real entrepreneurs there! :rollside: :rollside:
Peace Man:cool:
CESAR

Magic34
05-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Michael,
I think the "waiver" was more for boat length (over 32') than anything else, but I am guessing that once you paid the extra $$$, sound was not an issue either. :messedup:
Well, is there anyone out there that paid it? I'm not trying to call anyone out who used the marina, but this has me really pissed me off and I need some info to ask my attorney. Enforcing their rules is one thing, buy a frickin buyout for a weekend, not right. There has to be something that someone can do now, just need to see the proof.
Anyone know if the marina can be bought? Something has to be done with the marina that is run like a shady business in Mexico.

Magic34
05-02-2005, 09:10 PM
This was reported to me by a lurker, I hope they come aboard here.
Will you PM them??

Magic34
05-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Doe everyone else not see how wrong this is? This is way over the top of noise testing.

Squirtin Thunder
05-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Doe everyone else not see how wrong this is? This is way over the top of noise testing.
I see it and raise it to the top !!!

sidewound
05-02-2005, 09:20 PM
I see the assholes and raise you the two assholes I'm arguing with in another thread. :D :D
Why is the world so full of'em????????????????/
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

boxscore
05-02-2005, 09:25 PM
The Marina is a mess. Well documented fact. But determine if they actually did charge some BS waiver for launching. So far, nobody here on the boards paid one or witnessed one to my knowledge. Their noise testing is BS, but let's get some facts regarding extortion before going off on them for that as well.

Magic34
05-02-2005, 09:32 PM
but let's get some facts regarding extortion before going off on them for that as well.
That is why I made no comment of the word "extortion" in my previous posts. If there is proof that a waiver was collected, then I want to do everything I can to look into the matter, but a few people on the boards saying that they heard it happened will not work in "real life" which is what we need.
I think a lot of people have been waiting for the marina to really "mess up" and I think this would do it if there is proof.

boxscore
05-02-2005, 09:36 PM
I think a lot of people have been waiting for the marina to really "mess up" and I think this would do it if there is proof.
I concur!.... also, plain and simple, if infact they were charging folks they deemed "unlaunchable" to go ahead and launch anyway... I see that as pure extortion. I would be very surprised if someone comes forward claiming this happened to them. BTW...where did most of the big boats launch this past weekend?

Magic34
05-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I concur!.... also, plain and simple, if infact they were charging folks they deemed "unlaunchable" to go ahead and launch anyway... I see that as pure extortion. I would be very surprised if someone comes forward claiming this happened to them. BTW...where did most of the big boats launch this past weekend?
I see it the same way, but someone PLEASE come forward if this happened to you, it would greatly help our cause.
I already see the marina's side if this is true.....
"we try to help these performance boaters with big egos, and allow them to launch on their big ego weekend, but try and just collect some money for our efforts, but they bitch and complain about that"
Well, I don't like business in Mexico, and this reminds me of it.

Huckleberry
05-03-2005, 05:41 AM
Back TTT

Magic34
05-03-2005, 08:11 AM
up

Essex502
05-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Definitely I am interested in learning the facts. It would certainly bolster our case against the Marina with the the State of Arizona Department of Land and the ongoing effort to correct this foul practice.

Magic34
05-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Definitely I am interested in learning the facts. It would certainly bolster our case against the Marina with the the State of Arizona Department of Land and the ongoing effort to correct this foul practice.
Essex,
Did you or anyone ever find out if this place could be bought?

Magic34
05-03-2005, 12:26 PM
staying alive

Magic34
05-03-2005, 12:51 PM
No offense, but it appears you're beating a horse that was never alive.
You could have at least waited until this got to the bottom of the page, and then made the comment. :boxed:
I figure that IF and only IF this did happen, the people that would have paid the fee are not everyday board members like you and I, or they are not willing to admit that they paid the waiver. If this did occur, it is not my intentions to question someone why they did it or beat them up on the forums, just want to know what the terms were and seek any proof. This thread just needs to stay close to the top for more than 16 hours. If I, or anyone is still bumping the thread in a few days or so, then I agree with your theory.

bordsmnj
05-03-2005, 02:01 PM
ttt
i never did pay those assholes a dime. never will either. :cool:

Kachina26
05-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Will you PM them??
I only got her real name, Debbie. Her husband was the lurker. I talked to him about meter usage, as they failed his buddy. I'm not trying to start any rumors (guess I already did). I just wanted to see if anyone else heard or saw this.

beer hunter
05-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Bump :D

Liquid Courage
05-03-2005, 04:11 PM
I can't confirm that one but I can confirm a 50 spot bypassed the 1 1/2 wait at Javalina Cantina Sat. night!! :eek: :eek: :D :D

Kachina26
05-03-2005, 05:20 PM
You mean that crap really works???? I'm gonna have to try that!

Magic34
05-03-2005, 05:45 PM
You mean that crap really works???? I'm gonna have to try that!
Yeah, but that is one very expensive burrito.

shueman
05-03-2005, 06:27 PM
No offense, but it appears you're beating a horse that was never alive.
Yep... :D Give it a rest...

SoCalOffshore
05-03-2005, 06:48 PM
I can't confirm that one but I can confirm a 50 spot bypassed the 1 1/2 wait at Javalina Cantina Sat. night!! :eek: :eek: :D :D
They quoted us over an hour wait and 10 minutes later we were sitting down at a table.

INSman
05-03-2005, 07:31 PM
I pulled that dealio at Barley Bros. some time last year, probably during Labor day weekend, and a pair of $20's got us right past that hour and a half wait !! We were friggin' starving !!! :2purples:

Magic34
05-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Well, since we aren't getting a response, it seems that the $50 waiver for an immediate table works just fine. :rollside: Does $10-$20 work as well?

INSman
05-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Well, since we aren't getting a response, it seems that the $50 waiver for an immediate table works just fine. :rollside: Does $10-$20 work as well?
Probably in that town, a $20 will get someone's attention :notam:

mbrown2
05-04-2005, 07:48 AM
I heard through a friend of a brother in law who had a sister who was not at the Poker Run but talked to her ex who was who launched at Windsor but talked to his father who was staying at the Nautical who talked to the Security guard who does not have a boat but heard someone was charged a waiver to launch a big boat at the marina.... :idea: :D

Magic34
05-04-2005, 07:53 AM
I heard through a friend of a brother in law who had a sister who was not at the Poker Run but talked to her ex who was who launched at Windsor but talked to his father who was staying at the Nautical who talked to the Security guard who does not have a boat but heard someone was charged a waiver to launch a big boat at the marina.... :idea: :D
So you know Bob too?
Nice, I'm still confused:D

Liquid Courage
05-04-2005, 11:51 AM
LMAO!!! That was funny sh!t!

Kachina26
05-04-2005, 12:09 PM
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Magic34
05-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Anyone seen a horse?