PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever stay at Black Meadow?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
05-03-2005, 07:18 PM
whats the 411? Is it good if you have kids? is it overpriced?

racecar.hotshoe
05-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Its great for the kids.We stay there and so do a few others.The guy that runs it is an A$$ but if you dont bend the rules you will be ok.My .02

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
05-03-2005, 07:26 PM
do you have a trailer or do you stay at the motel?

racecar.hotshoe
05-03-2005, 07:27 PM
We have a trailer there from April to Oct.

Mrs Luvnlife
05-03-2005, 07:44 PM
whats the 411? Is it good if you have kids? is it overpriced?
You're probably gonna hear alot of $hit talk about BML! We stay there for a week every summer....RV spot right on the water and we've never had any problems. We cruise our golf cart, kick it by the fire, drink and have fun with peeps and we've never been kicked to the curb. Now I've seen the maintenance man have it out with some lady in a high buck MOHO and told her she was outta there...never happened as far as I know.....I think if you keep it on the down low, don't get outta control and are not obnoxious you will have NO problems. Our kids have a great time with the water/sand right there at all times!! Not over priced as far as I'm concerned for the weekly fee.

racecar.hotshoe
05-03-2005, 08:00 PM
I launch there every week and so far no problems.With my 28fter :D

racecar.hotshoe
05-03-2005, 08:02 PM
You might want to reconsider when you get that 32'. :D
32 what 32 What are you talking about.......... :D

raff
05-03-2005, 08:05 PM
We have been staying there for a week every year and about to weekends a month for the last 8 years, Mrs Luvn Life had it right, you stay on the low down, you will not have a problem.
We stay in the Kitchen Cabins, not overpriced, has a full kitchen and a back yard. $95 a night on the weekends, $75 a night weekday.
Quite and great for kids.
We launch our 24' Ultra there no problem, just stay to the middle of the ramp and you will not have a problem. We saw someone launch a 28' Scarab there last weeken for the Poker run. He didn;t seem to have problem, we have seen magic deck boats launch also.
Mark out

racecar.hotshoe
05-03-2005, 08:06 PM
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/shutup.gif
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/whistling.gif

Mrs. casean
05-03-2005, 08:22 PM
We'll be there Memorial weekend! Can't wait! Never been, Can't wait!

HPLavey
05-03-2005, 08:25 PM
I think its a pretty cool place as lon g as you bring your trailer or motorhome. There facilities are pretty nasty

TheLurker
05-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I like the place my self that is if I get a waterfront camp site.
If you want to anchor your boat off the beach, it does get a little crowded. It also gets rockier the further you get from the swim beach.
Also if you want to eat in their restaurant bring along something to snack on while your waiting for your food. Their service has been known to be a little on the slow side.

JBmagic
05-04-2005, 09:52 AM
GO PAST THE FRONT GATE BEFORE CHECKING IN. Failure to do this will result in you being denied entry. :hammerhea
RUN STOP SIGNS. Failure to comply will result in your ejection from the park. :hammerhea
ELEVATE COMPLAINTS UP TO THE GENERAL MANAGER. This will result in almost certain ejection and non-reimbursement of money spent.
SPEED AND/OR DRIVE CARTS IN RECKLESS MANNER. Same story :hammerhea
COMPLAIN ABOUT CRAPPY FACILITIES TO MANAGEMENT. This will be percived as you "trying to start a fight" and you'll be ejected and not allowed back. :argue:
Think Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi", and you'll be good to go "No Camping For You" :mad:
Oh, yeah. One more: Don't eat the pork chops at the cafe after wednesday.
Other than that, its a fantastic place to bring your families.

jayd_jr
05-04-2005, 10:02 AM
GO PAST THE FRONT GATE BEFORE CHECKING IN. Failure to do this will result in you being denied entry. :hammerhea
RUN STOP SIGNS. Failure to comply will result in your ejection from the park. :hammerhea
ELEVATE COMPLAINTS UP TO THE GENERAL MANAGER. This will result in almost certain ejection and non-reimbursement of money spent.
SPEED AND/OR DRIVE CARTS IN RECKLESS MANNER. Same story :hammerhea
COMPLAIN ABOUT CRAPPY FACILITIES TO MANAGEMENT. This will be percived as you "trying to start a fight" and you'll be ejected and not allowed back. :argue:
Think Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi", and you'll be good to go "No Camping For You" :mad:
Oh, yeah. One more: Don't eat the pork chops at the cafe after wednesday.
Other than that, its a fantastic place to bring your families.
One more thing to add..... DONOT PARK in the fire lane.... WHich is all the roads leading in and out of the park...... YOU WILL BE BANNED! Even if you are just loading your stuff.
Also do not rent the apartments(rooms) they are disgusting even the kids with us didnt want to stay there...
Camping there should be wonderful. But facilities are scary as said before......

1stepcloser
05-04-2005, 10:08 AM
I have stayed there for 16 years. Loved the place, but got put on their "86 list" at the beginning of last year, due to a confrontation with the help while trying to reserve my monthly site for the summer.
The "pleasant" woman on the phone told me that "monthly sites are not available in the summer!" to whick I replied "Oh, sure they are, I have one every year."
Her: ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME MY JOB?
Me: No, of course not, it's just that I have been getting a monthly site there for years, so I know they are available.....
It went downhill from there, her telling me they didnt want "your type of people here" and she was going to put me on their "86 list" and I was no longer welcome in the park.
I was dumbfounded to say the least.
I tried to reach Sheri or George to make some sense of what happened but was told theyre not here today, and to try and call later.
I began to panic as it was already around the end of march, I called all the resorts in town to no avail.
I finally called Crazy Horse, they had a site available.
It's the best move I made. The convenience of being in the city is great.
But, all the time I was there I loved the place.

JBmagic
05-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Put it this way: The management knows that they have a cherry thing going. There aren't that many more places to stay on Havasu that don't have long wait lists. If you want to stay there, just be mindful of what is happening around you with the peeps you rolled with; put up with long times for check-in and the cafe and enjoy yourself.
They just bumped all of the rates for the year, also.
They do have a nice gas dock and shore pump, though.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
05-05-2005, 03:52 PM
i am considering the kitchen cabins for about 3 nights. i'll be keeping it low since it will be me, the wifey, and the kids. My 3 and 5 year olds like to party but the keep it cool!!!
I am getting mixed messages on the place. aside from their strictness, it should be alright. and if it sux, i won't come back!

TeamGreene
05-05-2005, 05:49 PM
How hard is it to get a site on the water? Can you reserve any site? Or is it first come first serve.

Mrs. casean
05-05-2005, 06:02 PM
How hard is it to get a site on the water? Can you reserve any site? Or is it first come first serve.
When I made our reservation for Memorial weekend, it is a first serve kinda basis in the row you want. Not sure if you can request a particular site you want... I'm looking forward to checking it out that weekend, it will be our first time so I'll just behave and obey the rules :D

Mrs Luvnlife
05-05-2005, 06:11 PM
i am considering the kitchen cabins for about 3 nights. i'll be keeping it low since it will be me, the wifey, and the kids. My 3 and 5 year olds like to party but the keep it cool!!!
I am getting mixed messages on the place. aside from their strictness, it should be alright. and if it sux, i won't come back!
Never stayed in the cabins so I can't relay any info. on that, but we have a 5 1/2 yr. old and a 2 1/2 yr. old and we've been there the past 2 years and we've NEVER had any problems. We party our a$$es off, but if you know how to be somewhat respectful.....I'm thinking you'll have no problems. It really isn't that hard (I dont' think)....maybe others tend to go a bit overboard...I don't know. I am a bit short for patience so if they piss me off you'll be the first to hear about it, I can assure you!! We've pulled up and I guess didn't cross the 'do not pass' line so we were o.k., I think we may have parked in the red zone, and didn't get booted.......give it a shot and like you say...don't go back if it isn't for you. We do the Motorhome thing so I have no idea what the kitchen deals are like, but take a chance and see what you think. :)

raff
05-05-2005, 07:39 PM
We stay in the kitchen cabins all the time,There not bad and the just remodeled numbers 1-10 new beds and some other stuff, so if you can try to stay in one of the lower numbers. Theres no Tv for the kid's so you might what to bring on with a dvd or vcr.. They do have some pot's and pan's, plates and stuff like that but you still may need to bring some with you.
And don't forget a BBQ.
Other then that you should have a good trip..
Black Meadow (http://www.blackmeadowlanding.com/html/lake-havasu-rv-parks.asp)
Mark out

riverroyal
05-06-2005, 08:06 AM
6 month spot,I love it,kids love it,good neighbors,never anyone on the ramp,which is fine now,the water is back up,launch a 28 no problem,drive in is kinda long ,its 10 miles from the dam,feels like 30..Never any golfcart issues with management.Rules are there to keep the place free of idiots,and I like that,you wont see 18 years old haulin ass in golfcarts or partying til 2am,and thats fine with me.Ive heard they will boot people for things that seem silly so just treat it like own the place.see ya,,only bad thing is theres not many 50amp service sites if you need it,like I do with my NEW trailer,,hehe,,JB you here?

Deano
05-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Ive been going there for years,
If you are the type of person that likes to hang out (low key) and not cause problems, you will be fine.
I also do the moho thing there but, I have done the Motel, Parkmodel, and had a trailer there for a year. If you arent camping, I wouldnt recommend anything other than the Parkmodels. Just bring a TV with you. They are only about $ 25 more a day and are pretty nice.
Its not a first come first serve but, they wont tell you the exact spot your staying in......unless you load em up with your company t-shirts, hats, and kiss some serious ass for the next time you call....It works great, I pretty much get the spot I request everytime.
and never...I mean never cross the do not go stripe at the entrance...They are like the soup nazis but, you just kiss alittle ass while checkin in and calling and youll have a great time.
As far as the ramp goes, I launch/retrieve a 28' boat with a 36' moho.. Just have the wifey hold the brake and bail out if anything happens :wink: Ive seen 40' boats being launched with out any problems....as long as you dont try to stop fast and short (its alittle steep)

JBmagic
05-06-2005, 08:47 AM
6 month spot,I love it,kids love it,good neighbors,never anyone on the ramp,which is fine now,the water is back up,launch a 28 no problem,drive in is kinda long ,its 10 miles from the dam,feels like 30..Never any golfcart issues with management.Rules are there to keep the place free of idiots,and I like that,you wont see 18 years old haulin ass in golfcarts or partying til 2am,and thats fine with me.Ive heard they will boot people for things that seem silly so just treat it like own the place.see ya,,only bad thing is theres not many 50amp service sites if you need it,like I do with my NEW trailer,,hehe,,JB you here?
I'm here - sort of - in order to post again, I had to re-register until HB sends me my forgotten password. Soooooooo, if you sent me any pm's, I haven't picked any up in about a month.
Hello, ***boat!

Waldo
05-06-2005, 09:01 AM
My 3 and 5 year olds like to party but the keep it cool!!!
When our 3 year olds get together is when the $hit hits the fan!!!
My buddy Brian and I stayed there with Steve and Pepper many moons ago. We were 13/14 and stirred it up a little. Only got yelled at, not booted.
It was a nice place to stay from what I remember and there's good water around there. Havasu Springs restaurant has decent food.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
05-06-2005, 09:02 AM
When our 3 year olds get together is when the $hit hits the fan!!!
My buddy Brian and I stayed there with Steve and Pepper many moons ago. We were 13/14 and stirred it up a little. Only got yelled at, not booted.
It was a nice place to stay from what I remember and there's good water around there. Havasu Springs restaurant has decent food.
are you going out today???

Waldo
05-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Nope, JD is still sick. He got something new yesterday. Homeboy has been sick WAY to F'n much lately. Doc says not to worry, he's just got a young immune system. Plus, we are supposed to camp at the beach with Danelle & Alex in their Weekend Warrior for the weekend. Obviously, depends on the family's health (mental too).
My dad and I are heading out next weekend to have a "work" weekend. Just some little things to fix and clean around the house.
What are you guys doing this weekend?

Mrs Luvnlife
05-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Rules are there to keep the place free of idiots,and I like that,you wont see 18 years old haulin ass in golfcarts or partying til 2am,and thats fine with me.
Exactly!!!!!!! ;)
It works great, I pretty much get the spot I request everytime.
We actually lucked out last year and this year by getting the spot that I've requested....hmmmm...maybe I'm doing something right!!! :idea: :D

JBmagic
05-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Exactly!!!!!!! ;)
We actually lucked out last year and this year by getting the spot that I've requested....hmmmm...maybe I'm doing something right!!! :idea: :D
A little trick...
they actually assign your spot when you book it; just hang up and call back in a day or so at a different time of day. You'll probably get someone different, just nicely ask them what # your in - #1 is closest to the store/z row - if it's too close, say something like "my kids are little, I'm scared of the traffic..." "Anything else?
Worked about 75% of the time.
JB>>>in so cal trapped in this new name>>>magic

riverroyal
05-06-2005, 02:38 PM
im making a round trip out tommorrow morning early,5ish,need anything from there?,I will take a look at your stuff,see ya

Mrs Luvnlife
05-06-2005, 02:41 PM
A little trick...
they actually assign your spot when you book it; just hang up and call back in a day or so at a different time of day. You'll probably get someone different, just nicely ask them what # your in - #1 is closest to the store/z row - if it's too close, say something like "my kids are little, I'm scared of the traffic..." "Anything else?
Worked about 75% of the time.
JB>>>in so cal trapped in this new name>>>magic
Thanks ;) . We like to be down a bit farther from the restaurant etc., and luckily when I've asked for a particular spot, we've been able to get that one....hopefully they'll continue to be kind to us :D :D .

riverroyal
05-06-2005, 02:46 PM
he is great guy there,always helpful

JBmagic
05-06-2005, 03:21 PM
he is great guy there,always helpful
RR,
did you get your bill from them today? Mine had an extra month's rent on it - Craig comes in tomorrow - no one else can fix it today.
Did you, by any chance, get my carpet?? If you're going to Magic, I'll take that from you. Otherwise, I don't need a thing.
PS The wifey made a up and back trip to Mammoth - left yesterday, gets home at about 8 tonight - nuts!

racecar.hotshoe
05-06-2005, 03:26 PM
RR,
did you get your bill from them today? Mine had an extra month's rent on it - Craig comes in tomorrow - no one else can fix it today.
Did you, by any chance, get my carpet?? If you're going to Magic, I'll take that from you. Otherwise, I don't need a thing.
PS The wifey made a up and back trip to Mammoth - left yesterday, gets home at about 8 tonight - nuts!
Hey JBm They came and pulled my power cord and the meter kept going so I didnt pay that bill............... :D

JBmagic
05-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey JBm They came and pulled my power cord and the meter kept going so I didnt pay that bill............... :D
Way cool. It's probably a good thing, 'cause that would have been a tough ride on that road for George in the back of an ambulance LOL :boxingguy

racecar.hotshoe
05-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Way cool. It's probably a good thing, 'cause that would have been a tough ride on that road for George in the back of an ambulance LOL :boxingguy
You know it........................ :hammerhea