PDA

View Full Version : Three Hour Council Meeting Aarrrggg!

Not So Fast
05-04-2005, 03:36 AM
Sat thru 3 hours of council meeting babble just to hear what they city wants to do with the channel, I would rather be keelhauled on a barnacle encrusted sail boat, anyway, what they OK'ed (see post by The Bull "And you thought it couldnt get any worse") is such BS. the police want to take away large patches of mooring that I believe according to the slide show would total around 1200 ft of shoreline or more. Mind you not every other spot but 3 or 4 sections of 400ft of the best spots in the channel, and just say no boats allowed :yuk: THAT SUCKS!!!! If you want to crack down on nudity OK, Boat traffic OK, outrageous behavior OK, use the laws in place and just increase fines and punishment and the message will get out, but to take away that much mooring space in such large chunks is not reasonable period.
Then it gets better with mooring permits in the next phase, one even suggested a CHANNEL PASS (of course you have to buy that) just to be in the F---ING CHANNEL or cruise thru it,that didnt fly too well though, DUH :rollside:
I dont know what to say except that the changes nobody thought could happen and as bad as they are are upon us so the flood of E-mails to this city council had better come and fast or it will be too late because once the powers that be get the laws passed it will be very hard to change them back if at all :cry: :cry: NSF

dc96819
05-04-2005, 03:45 AM
Ill find somewhere elese to spend the $$$
I havent used the marina in a while

boxscore
05-04-2005, 05:12 AM
I find it incredible that if you criticize the dumbasses who can't behave themselves in the channel, then you get immediately flamed by them. We've all heard it... "don't bring your family around if banging my girl offends you".... "if you don't want you're 7 y/o seeing me smoke weed, don't bring her into the channel...go find a quiet cove" yada yada yada. Now their gonna take away large sections of beach. Great. Thx dumbasses who perpetuate the problems that exist.

rivrbrat
05-04-2005, 05:16 AM
I wonder what all the merchant's in the channel think about this. There goes all their $$$$$. The City Council are only hurting themselves by doing this. It's not like we can't find someplace else to hang out and spend our money!

jbtrailerjim
05-04-2005, 05:27 AM
I find it incredible that if you criticize the dumbasses who can't behave themselves in the channel, then you get immediately flamed by them. We've all heard it... "don't bring your family around if banging my girl offends you".... "if you don't want you're 7 y/o seeing me smoke weed, don't bring her into the channel...go find a quiet cove" yada yada yada. Now their gonna take away large sections of beach. Great. Thx dumbasses who perpetuate the problems that exist.
I could not agree with you more! I've been flamed also for voicing my opinion with the way some of these people act in the channel.
Well since some of the people would not listen and learn how to act and obey the laws, now the city is gonna enforce another rule on to all of us. It's just a fricken shame.
NSF,
Do you know where can we write to or send an e-mail to voice our opinion to the city council?

ClownRoyal
05-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Sat thru 3 hours of council meeting babble just to hear what they city wants to do with the channel, I would rather be keelhauled on a barnacle encrusted sail boat, anyway, what they OK'ed (see post by The Bull "And you thought it couldnt get any worse") is such BS. the police want to take away large patches of mooring that I believe according to the slide show would total around 1200 ft of shoreline or more. Mind you not every other spot but 3 or 4 sections of 400ft of the best spots in the channel, and just say no boats allowed :yuk: THAT SUCKS!!!! If you want to crack down on nudity OK, Boat traffic OK, outrageous behavior OK, use the laws in place and just increase fines and punishment and the message will get out, but to take away that much mooring space in such large chunks is not reasonable period.
Then it gets better with mooring permits in the next phase, one even suggested a CHANNEL PASS (of course you have to buy that) just to be in the F---ING CHANNEL or cruise thru it,that didnt fly too well though, DUH :rollside:
I dont know what to say except that the changes nobody thought could happen and as bad as they are are upon us so the flood of E-mails to this city council had better come and fast or it will be too late because once the powers that be get the laws passed it will be very hard to change them back if at all :cry: :cry: NSF
This is so Bullsh$t. Havasu is going to chase the boaters out of town. This town would be crap if not for the money boaters bring in each weekend. Yes you have the retired people and snowbirds but for the most part those people don't spend money - they are on a limited income.
Blocking of parts of the channel is totally stupid and will not do anything about the so called LE problems.
We regulars and resident boaters are getting the shaft and paying for the dumbfuc$s who are ruining it for everyone.
Where do we write?

Havasu_Dreamin
05-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Exactly! Too bad too many people have the "phuck you, it's a big lake, go somewhere else mentality". :confused:
Lake Havasu Mayor and City Council (http://www.ci.lake-havasu-city.az.us/mayor.htm)

Not So Fast
05-04-2005, 06:51 AM
I could not agree with you more! I've been flamed also for voicing my opinion with the way some of these people act in the channel.
Well since some of the people would not listen and learn how to act and obey the laws, now the city is gonna enforce another rule on to all of us. It's just a fricken shame.
NSF,
Do you know where can we write to or send an e-mail to voice our opinion to the city council?
JB, absolutely, just go to "Lake Havasu City" and you will find the city official cite and you can e-mail city council there. I'm trying to find individual email addresses because a couple of the council members made some intelligent comments while a couple of others really showed thier ignorance by thier statements. By all means EVERY ONE should tell at least 5 other people to start the bombardment of emails to complain about this absolutely horrible decision. NSF

welk2party
05-04-2005, 06:56 AM
This is definately NOT a solution. It will only make the problem boaters more hostile when competing for a space. The merchants will lose money because no one want to buy a pass to go to the channel. This will do what closing the sandbar does...squeeze the boaters to a different location and move the problem somewhere else on the lake. I guess the council would rahter have the problem out of sight out of mind.

Not So Fast
05-04-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks Havasu Dreamin, I'm not savvy enough to post things like you :cool: I dont know how they will do this first step of closing the mooring areas but if they make it permanent (the signs stating no mooring) will it mean every day, every weekend or just crowded periods?? If the channel is peaceful like on most Sunday afternoons and during the week is it still in force ?? This is such a crock of shit, we have laws already in place, just ENFORCE THEM and make it more severe punishment, WE DONT NEED MORE RULES AND LAWS :confused: This is the muffler thing all over because we all didnt pay attention and now they have given the authorities power to rule us even further. What surprises me is that most people on the boards agree about behavior in the channel but yet we are the same people to be penalized. IT JUST ISN"T RIGHT NSF

Mtg Pro
05-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Boxscore I couldn't agree with you more. We tend to use the channel as a gathering spot on our way to other destinations on the lake. I'm tired of some young punk making a rude comment to one of my 5 girls. I get a chuckle at the hypercrits on this board that call for more LE, yet complain when they enforce the laws on the books and ruin their time. I was in the channel 4/30, the exhaust from all the big boats was just too much. We also saw several accidents. The simple fact is there were too many boats in to small of space. I don't agree with many of the proposals that I have read. I would think that more LE to enforce the current laws on the books would curtail much of the problems around nudity, public drunkenness, and smoking of pot.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Mooring permits certainly does not seem like the way to go. I can only speculate as to what the logic behind the decision is. Perhaps they think by requiring you to purchase your spot this will reduce the number of boats in the channel because some people simply won't pay for it. However, what does that do to boats that just want to traverse the channel? Will they literally restrict access once a certain number of boats is reached? Therefore, not allow another boat in until a nother boat leaves? What about the people that have rooms at the London Brdige Resport and a slip to go with it? Will they be restricted from accessing the channel to get to their slip? Will they have to purchase a "channel pass" to get to their slip? What about someone that has a slip at the marina, will they be froced to go around the island instead of thru the channel to get to it. What if you're getting towed in from upriver and you need to get back to the Nautical or the Marina, do they have to tow you around the island instead of thru the channel? Although towing through the channel is not exactly the best idea IMHO anyway. What about the people that own the condos just south of the bridge? I know they are not guaranteed a beach spot in front of their condos, but what if they want to get back to their condo? Do they need to purchase a channel pass?
BTW, to all of you with the "Phuck you, it's a big lake, go somwhere else I can do whatever the phuck I want even if it is illegal!" mentality, thanks, that mentality is what is brining this on. Once again, the majority gets screwed because of the actions of the minority.

Not So Fast
05-04-2005, 09:21 AM
START THOSE E-MAILS, IT'S THE ONLY THING WE HAVE!!! And much to my surprise the council did in fact bring up that they were recieving emails on other subjects last nite, complaints about various subjects so they do read them. Believe me when I say there are some REAL STICKS IN THE MUD on this council :boxed: I dont want to be an alarmist but there is a faction here that says "JUST SHUT IT DOWN" and I would hate to see that because for all the problems with the channel it is still fun to be in it or just cruise it and people watch except on the bad days! We gotta fight this or they will take it away so get on those computers and start complaining. NSF

OutCole'd
05-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Just sent mine off.

That Guy
05-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Just sent mine off.
Me too.... :220v:

Essex502
05-04-2005, 11:42 AM
100% agreement here! Just past week or so some dumbasses were saying this exact thing...if you don't like what you see go elsewhere....now they will go elsewhere and pollute the more family friendly spots. Those A$$holes suck.
Here's the thread with all the mental midgets telling us to go elsewhere: Leave if you don't like it. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76503&highlight=smoke+channel)
And another: Stay away if you don't like it. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75860)

Mrs. 4-B
05-05-2005, 02:57 PM
This thread needs to be kept alive so we can keep the channel open for all.

OutCole'd
05-05-2005, 03:34 PM
100% agreement here! Just past week or so some dumbasses were saying this exact thing...if you don't like what you see go elsewhere....now they will go elsewhere and pollute the more family friendly spots. Those A$$holes suck.
Here's the thread with all the mental midgets telling us to go elsewhere: Leave if you don't like it. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76503&highlight=smoke+channel)
And another: Stay away if you don't like it. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75860)
Thanks for bringing these threads back up.

bigkyle
05-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Just sent my email off to the Mayor and Council. Believe me, residents or not, if we get enough of these emails, letters, and appearances before the Council, we might make a difference. I work in a local city and just few complaints, resident or not, will catch the attention of our Council. Then again, the Havasu Council isn't my Council.

bigkyle
05-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey Boxscore, another post! I'm getting up there.

boxscore
05-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Hey Boxscore, another post! I'm getting up there.
Way to go big boy.

Havasteve
05-05-2005, 09:18 PM
I imagine 400 ft swaths of beach where about 35 boats used to be being filled shoulder to shoulder with about 600 people on the beach and in the water. Does the city think that removing the boats and making room for more people on the shore line is the answer? I can see it now.

dc96819
05-06-2005, 01:04 AM
They should give passes to people staying in that vicinity,that would ease the crowds and everything elese. :coffeycup

outboardrick
05-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Just want to say thanks to notsofast for going to the meeting when some of us have to work and can't go (no stab intended nsf ). I for one will not let my lake use be determined by the skateboard, I have to be in front of your face and make you look at my ignorance, crowd. I think we should show our Arizona license with our Havasu residence address to be allowed into the channel. The rest of you can go to Lake Perris or Elsinore or where ever you come from. I know for a fact that I spend a whole lot more money living here than I ever did being a tourist and I've owned a home here for 12 years.
I will defend my town till my last breath. I will defend even my balls challenged neighboors if they don't stand up and protect our city.
I, with the utmost respect of all others who boat with the old rules, would submit for all of your approvial, a humble idea. How about if all of us like thinking boaters were to fly a flag, or t-shirt, or sticker, or ?, and come together and not allow the trash to screw up our domain. What if we took upon ourselves to monitor our own responsibilities? What if we, as a group, did not allow the trash to ruin our lake? What if we were to all stick together and stop the assinine city council from dictating where and when we can boat. How about we all stick together and watch each others back and take care of buisness.
I'm sorry for the Jerry Meguire moment, for I have had a few cocktails. I may be sorry for this post in the morning. But it is raw and from the heart. Feel free to bash me if you like.
Rick

C-2
05-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Feel free to bash me if you like.
Rick
Ahh, nevermind.

outboardrick
05-06-2005, 10:05 PM
C-2
:smile:

SDLifesaver
05-07-2005, 05:22 AM
Outboard Rick maybe onto somthing. I think everyone who has residence in Havasu should be exempt from any user fees that may come up in the future regarding the channel and can be proved by ID, License, ect. The real problem is the early 20's crowd that visits LHC and because in their narrow mind this body of water that has been there for 50 years or so is the best thing since sliced bread. If there were a SERIOUS police presence in the channel watching these idiots throughout the day and then rolling them up 1 by 1 or group by group alot of shit would slow down or stop. We have 3 kids and really like the channel for the safety that it provides from adverse weather on the lake and the beach for our kids to play on with other kids. We like the channel for all the same reasons everybody on Hot Boat likes the channel. Our friends are there, all of our kids can play together, there are clean restrooms for the ladies, trash cans, great meeting place, ect. I think the Hot Boat community as a whole needs to write the city council letters expressing their concerns, especially everyone who has a vested interest, ie. home owners, property owners, people who store their boats there, people who contribute to the local economy on a regular basis. Do you think these trouble making scum bags are the real bread and butter for this city? Hell no, it's us. The people who care. The city needs to hear this stuff because this town is doing really well right now. This city has grown tremendously in the last 5 years. Alot of this growth and annual revenue could slow down or stop completely if the City doesn't address this problem now and in the future and the water issues going on to the north in Needles with the PG&E plume of C6. Actually the water issues interest me more because if that stuff in Needles and the plume at the old chain saw plant in town contaminate the water this town will die faster than it was created. Everyone will own a basically worthless house in the summer. Snow birds will still retreat here because of the weather but Havasu is a summer time town as we all know.
Get active people, not just vocal on this thread that no one with any political mojo reads or cares about. My .02

Not So Fast
05-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Outboard Rick maybe onto somthing. I think everyone who has residence in Havasu should be exempt from any user fees that may come up in the future regarding the channel and can be proved by ID, License, ect. The real problem is the early 20's crowd that visits LHC and because in their narrow mind this body of water that has been there for 50 years or so is the best thing since sliced bread. If there were a SERIOUS police presence in the channel watching these idiots throughout the day and then rolling them up 1 by 1 or group by group alot of shit would slow down or stop. We have 3 kids and really like the channel for the safety that it provides from adverse weather on the lake and the beach for our kids to play on with other kids. We like the channel for all the same reasons everybody on Hot Boat likes the channel. Our friends are there, all of our kids can play together, there are clean restrooms for the ladies, trash cans, great meeting place, ect. I think the Hot Boat community as a whole needs to write the city council letters expressing their concerns, especially everyone who has a vested interest, ie. home owners, property owners, people who store their boats there, people who contribute to the local economy on a regular basis. Do you think these trouble making scum bags are the real bread and butter for this city? Hell no, it's us. The people who care. The city needs to hear this stuff because this town is doing really well right now. This city has grown tremendously in the last 5 years. Alot of this growth and annual revenue could slow down or stop completely if the City doesn't address this problem now and in the future and the water issues going on to the north in Needles with the PG&E plume of C6. Actually the water issues interest me more because if that stuff in Needles and the plume at the old chain saw plant in town contaminate the water this town will die faster than it was created. Everyone will own a basically worthless house in the summer. Snow birds will still retreat here because of the weather but Havasu is a summer time town as we all know.
Get active people, not just vocal on this thread that no one with any political mojo reads or cares about. My .02
I believe the next meeting concerning the channel and possibly the vote on the outline from LHPD will be Tues the 17th. People in the seats really helps, check on this date though or better yet the agenda for that nite by calling the city. I'll try to find out and post results. NSF

OutCole'd
05-11-2005, 07:25 PM
How is it going NSF? Anything new?

Not So Fast
05-12-2005, 11:07 AM
How is it going NSF? Anything new?
OC'ed Just talked with Brian Titullio (sp) the reporter for the Herald and he told me the next meeting concerning the channel would be on the 24th of this month. I will be there. :) NSF

OutCole'd
05-12-2005, 11:10 AM
OC'ed Just talked with Brian Titullio (sp) the reporter for the Herald and he told me the next meeting concerning the channel would be on the 24th of this month. I will be there. :) NSF
Look at me, I've got you working. :D :D
Thanks for watching out for us there, Deputy Bobby.

carbonmarine
05-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Liberty & Justice for "ALL"....... ** Does that mean anything anymore.....????
NOTE: TAKE A MINUTE and REPEAT, THEN DISSECT THAT TO YOURSELF ....
:cool:

Newcastle
05-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Just sent mine out...

Newcastle
05-12-2005, 12:50 PM
And they just sent me this in response...
The channel will remain open over the Memorial Day weekend; however, parking
will be staggered along the shoreline to minimize boat congestion. The
sandbar north of town is not regulated by the City, it is regulated by the
San Bernardino and Mohave County Sheriff's Departments. I believe that it
is usually closed during busy holiday weekends but remains open the rest of
the year. With the influx of boaters on our lake, the safety and welfare of
the general public is very important to us. If the channel remains to be a
problem then I'm sure alternative measure will be take to ensure the safety
of all lake users.

olc
05-12-2005, 12:52 PM
am i wrong or did the real problems in the channel only start after the sandbar was closed?

olc
05-12-2005, 12:55 PM
i meant when the sandbar was closed for holiday weekends... the channel used to be locals and regular visitors only - not porn companies and gang bangers etc...

Big Warlock
05-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Kind of seeing my vision now? I wasn't trying to predict the future or anything, but if this continues, you will see boaters leave Havasu. And you will see Laughlin Ranch, in Bullhead, gain lots of new residents. And if the "powers to be" continue down this road, and run the boaters out of town, AND do not market their little slice of paradise to "others" (retirees with a need for a 55' 3rd garage) you will see a drop in real estate prices in the Havasu area.
It's not what I want. It's what has a good chance of happening.
It's seems logical that LE needs to crack down on the law breakers using current laws on the books. And then throw the book at them. Get them to move on. However, this has come about because they close the sandbar and copper canyon during the holidays, forcing the party to the channel and other places.
I will tell you that my recent trips were spurred by events going on in Havasu and friends. I had not been there in over 20 years, when I used to be at the lake all the time, every other weekend, as a college guy with a boat. Things started downhill way back then when the wrong element started showing up to the lake and renting houseboats and drugs and crap started coming into the mix. I left then and hadn't come back since this spring break. There have been some great improvements with facilities and such. Next step is for LE to step up enforcement.
I know.....flame away........... :hammer2:

crf311
05-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Sure glad I don't live on the left coast. The only thing we need to do is make sure we are up to date with our safety equipment.

ClownRoyal
05-12-2005, 01:37 PM
It's seems logical that LE needs to crack down on the law breakers using current laws on the books. And then throw the book at them. Get them to move on. However, this has come about because they close the sandbar and copper canyon during the holidays, forcing the party to the channel and other places.
All I know is they are punishing 98% of us for the 2% idiots (I think I said this before somewhere). Just as you BW mention above, step up the LE forces and throw the book at the offenders. Make an example out of them.
As far as what happens to Havasu...ask me in a couple of years and I will tell you. Right now who knows. We can just make assumptions.
Regards,
Your friend ClownRoyal

Big Warlock
05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
It is what it is. But to be sure, we need to have as many people write in and petition the council to do the right thing. With the additional revenues from the sales of items and hotels in the summer months, they should be able to afford some additional LE. Heck, even the surrounding area cops would probably come in to work the weekend.
I hope for the best outcome though.
And for the flamers....there is a time and a place for everything. You can do what you like, doesn't bother me. But just do a little thinking first. There are still many discreet places on the lake you can go to. Party like you want to! Just don't be dumb about it.
LE, concentrate on the 2% and the rest will take care of itself.
Hope paradise comes through!!
:hammer2:

Boatcop
05-12-2005, 01:56 PM
L/E is stretched thin enough as it is.
On holiday weekends, San Bernardino brings in nearly their entire fleet of boats from everywhere in the County, as well as extra Officers from inland regions. They do keep some crews on the busier inland lakes, but the build up is at the River.
Arizona Game and Fish brings in Officers from areas without Lakes and has every single boat they own on the water.
Mohave County cancels all days off, beefs up patrols and works 12 hour shifts. Same for Lake Havasu City.
In Parker we also cancel all days off, 12 hour shifts, put all our boats on the water and additional offficers in the river areas. We also utilize Reserves, Seasonal/Temporary help and Volunteers, as do most of the other Agencies.
You have to remember that calls for service in other parts of the City, County or State also increase during holiday weekends. The emphasis can't be completely on the Water. There are still thieves out there, druggies, batterers, drunk drivers, car accidents, and other criminal and emergency elements that keep everyone busy.
We could add a hundred extra officers to the river area, and we would STILL be stretched thin.

OutCole'd
05-12-2005, 02:03 PM
L/E is stretched thin enough as it is.
On holiday weekends, San Bernardino brings in nearly their entire fleet of boats from everywhere in the County, as well as extra Officers from inland regions. They do keep some crews on the busier inland lakes, but the build up is at the River.
Arizona Game and Fish brings in Officers from areas without Lakes and has every single boat they own on the water.
Mohave County cancels all days off, beefs up patrols and works 12 hour shifts. Same for Lake Havasu City.
In Parker we also cancel all days off, 12 hour shifts, put all our boats on the water and additional offficers in the river areas. We also utilize Reserves, Seasonal/Temporary help and Volunteers, as do most of the other Agencies.
You have to remember that calls for service in other parts of the City, County or State also increase during holiday weekends. The emphasis can't be completely on the Water. There are still thieves out there, druggies, batterers, drunk drivers, car accidents, and other criminal and emergency elements that keep everyone busy.
We could add a hundred extra officers to the river area, and we would STILL be stretched thin.
I agree, it seems the L/E is strectched as thin as it can be. It looks like the only answer we can come up with for a cure is to add more L/E & become more strict on the 2%.
What do you believe is the answer for a place like the Channel? From an L/E perspective.

ClownRoyal
05-12-2005, 02:39 PM
sent mine ...

Big Warlock
05-12-2005, 02:53 PM
If they can make some of those pathetic boats "Auxilary Coast Guard" then we might think about deputizing a few boaters here and there. Maybe a "water posse." Joe Arpaio would be proud!!
:hammerhea :2purples:

Boatcop
05-12-2005, 03:20 PM
The ultimate solution would be common sense and courtesy on the part of boaters. But we all know that isn't going to happen in our lifetimes.
Even if we were able to saturate the River with hundreds of patrol boats and cops, everyone on here would be shouting harrassment, and revenue seeking, and that the strong L/E presence was driving boaters away, and Havasu City would dry up and crumble into the desert.
After all, you (generic "you") are all just having fun, right?
We're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't.
The Havasu City Council will do what they feel is in their best interest. Those of us on the job and on the water are just pawns in this big chess game, and we'll do what our elected or appointed officials tell us to.

Not So Fast
05-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Kind of seeing my vision now? I wasn't trying to predict the future or anything, but if this continues, you will see boaters leave Havasu. And you will see Laughlin Ranch, in Bullhead, gain lots of new residents. And if the "powers to be" continue down this road, and run the boaters out of town, AND do not market their little slice of paradise to "others" (retirees with a need for a 55' 3rd garage) you will see a drop in real estate prices in the Havasu area.
It's not what I want. It's what has a good chance of happening.
I will tell you that my recent trips were spurred by events going on in Havasu and friends. I had not been there in over 20 years, when I used to be at the lake all the time, every other weekend, as a college guy with a boat. Things started downhill way back then when the wrong element started showing up to the lake and renting houseboats and drugs and crap started coming into the mix. I left then and hadn't come back since this spring break. There have been some great improvements with facilities and such. Next step is for LE to step up enforcement.
Excuse me, not being a smart ass but were you not the one bashing away at LEO's for highway traffic enforcement not too long ago :idea: If you are not the same guy then I apoligize but if you are then all I can say is you can't cry about one phase of law enforcement and then ask for them to step it up on another, right?? IF YOU BREAK THE LAW YOU DESERVE TO BE PUNISHED no matter where it is, can't have it both ways! We do have laws on the books for the police to control the channel effectively so we DO NOT NEED MORE! What we need is to enforce these laws (especially behavior), much stiffer fines and punishment for a deterent JMO :D NSF

ClownRoyal
05-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Letter:
Dear Mayor and City Council,
As a resident of Lake Havasu for over 5 years I am writing to you concerning
the proposed new boating restrictions for the Channel and other parts of the
lake.
Why are you punishing the 98% of us for the 2% idiots? Do you have (I hope
you do) any idea what the Havasu economy would be without the income that
boaters bring in each weekend for 10 months a year? I would suggest you do an economic impact study before you implement your new 'experiments'. I would also suggest making a trip down to the lake on a Saturday and see for yourself how much revenue is floating on the lake.
Crack down on the 2%. Go after the problem. Don't punish us law-abiding
residents and visitors because you can't handle the 2%.
I bought my house in Havasu because of the lake and the boating. My Dad did the same. My best friend did the same. And so on ...
Drive the boaters away and your City will become a ghost town real soon.
Your town exists because of boaters...from the manufactures who create jobs
to the stores, hotels, gas stations, restaurants, etc. Don't shoot yourselves
in the foot!
Reply:
We have not enacted the items you seem so concerned about. We will be
receiving input from the Chamber and the Tourism Board.
Bob Whelan

Krumbsnatcher
05-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Around 40 boats tied up just outside of the naked turtle and we partied without any cops saying a word, just a thought and yes girls lined up on the beach to attend the party just like old copper canyon days.
Look for us!

shueman
05-17-2005, 04:36 PM
The ultimate solution would be common sense and courtesy on the part of boaters.....
Yup, pretty simple solution.... :(