PDA

View Full Version : To anyone looking for killer deals...

ROZ
05-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Tweeter closed 19 stores accross the country and sold everything in the stores to a liquidation company to blow everything out as quickly as possible. The remainder of the stores and distribution centers will be sending discontinued and open box items to the closing stores to blow them out. I have no idea of price structure or how long they expect it to last, but there will be some killer deals to be had.
Just thought I'd pass it on... 3 stores in so cal closing are Chino, Riverside, and Chula Vista. We have stores in other states closing as well, so I'll get try to get a list and post it for those who wish to take advantage of it...
The liquidation company bought inventory from us. We no longer own it and can not sell it. Deals are only good in the closing stores. Prices are likely normal now, but as with all liquidations overtime the prices will get marked down below actual cost...
This in no way helps me.... I just thought I'd pass on the info to those who wish to take advantage of it ...
:)

Jordy
05-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Does this affect Showcase at all??? :D

ROZ
05-04-2005, 08:40 AM
I think they closed the b&O store in Chandler...

mbrown2
05-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Tweeter closed 19 stores accross the country and sold everything in the stores to a liquidation company to blow everything out as quickly as possible. The remainder of the stores and distribution centers will be sending discontinued and open box items to the closing stores to blow them out. I have no idea of price structure or how long they expect it to last, but there will be some killer deals to be had.
Just thought I'd pass it on... 3 stores in so cal closing are Chino, Riverside, and Chula Vista. We have stores in other states closing as well, so I'll get try to get a list and post it for those who wish to take advantage of it...
The liquidation company bought inventory from us. We no longer own it and can not sell it. Deals are only good in the closing stores. Prices are likely normal now, but as with all liquidations overtime the prices will get marked down below actual cost...
This in no way helps me.... I just thought I'd pass on the info to those who wish to take advantage of it ...
When does the Chino store start blowing stuff out?

ROZ
05-04-2005, 08:42 AM
When does the Chino store start blowing stuff out?
All I know is that we have no control over the product and the liquidation company has already taken over....

RiverOtter
05-04-2005, 08:43 AM
:idea: What about TN?

ROZ
05-04-2005, 08:46 AM
:idea: What about TN?
Pretty sure the closed a store there... Nashvill, I think.. I'll check when I get back into the office...
I'm going to the sado masticistic dentist now... :(

Phat Matt
05-04-2005, 08:48 AM
How does this affect you ROZ? Are you cool?

bear down
05-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Roz,
I hope everything works out for you whether you stay with the company or not. Good luck and if you need any help just ask!!

ROZ
05-04-2005, 12:13 PM
As of today, the 3 people left in my division here on the west side are alright. Bcause my knowledge of the home/car/business systems we sell and install is fairly solid and growing, the VP has given me a lot of outside work... I guess you can say I'm good for now, but ya never know ;) Thanks for asking :)
There are going to be some good deals at the stores, so if you're in the area stop in to see what they have :)

Ziggy
05-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Glad you are ok for now ROZ...my mother-in-law will be needing a new TV very shortly....so I'll likely be contacting you soon.
Mine is still working with its crutch..LOL :D

NashvilleBound
05-04-2005, 12:23 PM
If the store in Nashville closed please let me know who I need to see or where I need to go............ BEFORE RO buys everything!!!!!!! :D

RiverOtter
05-04-2005, 12:36 PM
If the store in Nashville closed please let me know who I need to see or where I need to go............ BEFORE RO buys everything!!!!!!! :D
Curses! :burningm: Nashvillebound always nippin at my heals :D

NashvilleBound
05-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Get any info yet?? Roz has already saved me about 4K just on the plasmas I bought.... I need two more for my new garage.

RiverOtter
05-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Get any info yet?? Roz has already saved me about 4K just on the plasmas I bought.... I need two more for my new garage.
Sorry Nash, I bought everything they had :hammer2:

NashvilleBound
05-05-2005, 02:46 PM
I hate when that happens! :( :( :( :(

ROZ
05-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Here's a list of the stores closed and liquidating:
Arizona: Closing B&O showroom in Chandler
Florida: Tallahasee Sound Advise, B&O showroom in Wellington, and Electronics Interiors in Tampa
Georgia: Hifi Buys in Southlake, Douglasville, and Macon...
Illinois: Tweeters in River Forest and West Dundee
Texas: Mesquite
South Carolina: Spartenburg
Pennsylvania: Willow Grove, Northeast Philly, and Springfield.
.Tennessee:
.Rivergate(Nashville).... Gentlemen, Start your Engines :p :D
RO, Tell you brother they probably have the 61 Elite on Closeout! :D

NashvilleBound
05-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Brother???? WTF??? So do we go to the stores? If so were headed out tomorrow. RO, ready for a road trip? We could get a smoking deal if we go in together and buy a ton of stuff. I could call Throwerb too!!!

Rocky
05-05-2005, 03:25 PM
I think they closed the b&O store in Chandler...
What is the B&O store? :confused:

ROZ
05-05-2005, 03:37 PM
I think he wants 61" Plasmas in every room of that 13,000ft^2 house of his... :D
Beside, you know I'd hook ya up :cool:

ROZ
05-05-2005, 03:39 PM
What is the B&O store? :confused:
Bang and Olufson in the Chandler Fashion center..

NashvilleBound
05-05-2005, 03:43 PM
I think he wants 61" Plasmas in every room of that 13,000ft^2 house of his... :D
Beside, you know I'd hook ya up :cool:
I know you would always hook me up...regardless..and I thank you for that. So whats better? Your hookup vs. a closeout price..... any difference?

Nord
05-05-2005, 03:43 PM
I'll check out the Riverside store! Thanx BRO.

ROZ
05-05-2005, 03:52 PM
I know you would always hook me up...regardless..and I thank you for that. So whats better? Your hookup vs. a closeout price..... any difference?
There may not be at the moment, but I learned from someone here that everything is 10-30%off now... I'm surpprised it's hitting 30% so soon....
At some point the prices will be better than going through me...That's when you want to make a move....

RiverOtter
05-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Arizona: Closing B&O showroom in Chandler
Florida: Tallahasee Sound Advise, B&O showroom in Wellington, and Electronics Interiors in Tampa
Georgia: Hifi Buys in Southlake, Douglasville, and Macon...
Illinois: Tweeters in River Forest and West Dundee
Texas: Mesquite
South Carolina: Spartenburg
.Tennessee:
.Rivergate(Nashville).... Gentlemen, Start your Engines :p :D
RO, Tell you brother they probably have the 61 Elite on Closeout! :D
Will do, He's moving in tomorrow. :cool:

RiverOtter
05-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Brother???? WTF??? So do we go to the stores? If so were headed out tomorrow. RO, ready for a road trip? We could get a smoking deal if we go in together and buy a ton of stuff. I could call Throwerb too!!!
Ugghh Tomorrow sux! 3appts and an effin dinner party :notam:

78Southwind
05-05-2005, 05:45 PM
:cool: All I know is that we have no control over the product and the liquidation company has already taken over....

NashvilleBound
05-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Ugghh Tomorrow sux! 3appts and an effin dinner party :notam:
Tell you what....I'll buy the store and you can come up and buy what you want from me.....I'll have it all retagged by the time you get here. sound good?

NashvilleBound
05-05-2005, 06:11 PM
There may not be at the moment, but I learned from someone here that everything is 10-30%off now... I'm surpprised it's hitting 30% so soon....
At some point the prices will be better than going through me...That's when you want to make a move....
10-4. I will wait for your call....right????????? ...you will keep up on this for me.... right????????????

RiverOtter
05-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Tell you what....I'll buy the store and you can come up and buy what you want from me.....I'll have it all retagged by the time you get here. sound good?
:idea: Hmmm I've been duped by a developer :D

NashvilleBound
05-06-2005, 03:44 AM
:idea: Hmmm I've been duped by a developer :D
Come on now Brotha....I am on the same team. I bet we could buy the whole store out. You've still got that lakeside mansion to furnish....

Panic Button
05-06-2005, 04:06 AM
Closing the stores everywhere but in Vegas, they've just open 2 stores in the past couple of months.

HammerDown
05-06-2005, 04:12 AM
Wow Springfield store is right around the corner from me...good store, nice selection but with Best Buy and Circuit City also very close I new they couldn't hang on.
Guess I'll go see whay they got.

SCUBA STEVE
05-06-2005, 04:21 AM
As of today, the 3 people left in my division here on the west side are alright. Bcause my knowledge of the home/car/business systems we sell and install is fairly solid and growing, the VP has given me a lot of outside work... I guess you can say I'm good for now, but ya never know ;) Thanks for asking :)
There are going to be some good deals at the stores, so if you're in the area stop in to see what they have :)
No wonder why my timing was bad. :jawdrop: Sorry to hear about this, and hope you stay alive. ;)

RiverOtter
05-06-2005, 05:43 AM
Come on now Brotha....I am on the same team. I bet we could buy the whole store out. You've still got that lakeside mansion to furnish....
For sale again, found another condo project. :cool:

NashvilleBound
05-06-2005, 06:40 AM
For sale again, found another condo project. :cool:
Reallllyy?? No heads up for the B listers? No word on the SD project either...yet.

RiverOtter
05-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Reallllyy?? No heads up for the B listers? No word on the SD project either...yet.
If the cartel craps out I'll call ya. It's a big one. :cool:

NashvilleBound
05-06-2005, 07:39 AM
If the cartel craps out I'll call ya. It's a big one. :cool:
I guess thats what I get being on the "B" list.....;)

RiverOtter
05-06-2005, 07:40 AM
I guess thats what I get being on the "B" list.....;)
My brothers are hot on this one. I'll call ya about it. :cool:

ROZ
05-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Closing the stores everywhere but in Vegas, they've just open 2 stores in the past couple of months.
We have the one there off Charleston and will be opening the new one in Henderson pretty darn soon....
That store is outfitted pretty sweet!
Nice store, have you been yet? Brian, the 12v installer, is pretty damn good. One of his jobs is in our new 12v booklet....

ROZ
05-06-2005, 11:21 AM
No wonder why my timing was bad. :jawdrop: Sorry to hear about this, and hope you stay alive. ;)
I know you know that ya gotta do what ya gotta do... I'm good for now, but ya never know... Glad I have the other thing getting busier....

NashvilleBound
05-06-2005, 12:17 PM
... Glad I have the other thing getting busier....
Verizon makes the best aircard so you dont miss any of this action from your truck.... :notam: :notam:

ROZ
05-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Verizon makes the best aircard so you dont miss any of this action from your truck.... :notam: :notam:
I know I can count on you for this type of info! Thanks a million!!! :D

sorry dog
05-07-2005, 09:38 AM
So is it the overhead of the stores that makes it hard.
I've noticed that Circuit City and Best Buy have been struggling too.
CC usually has something like 50% markup over internet prices, and the salesperson usually don't know jackfock. They way they do it now doesn't make me want to back. Seems like back before internet days it was the best deal, but they local stereo shops seems to be a lot closer on price these days, and service actually exists.
Not saying it don't at tweeter, but went into Best Buy the other day looking for a bass tube and I had to explain to the guy what one was.
...so how about the Hoover store?

NashvilleBound
05-07-2005, 12:02 PM
I was at the vitamin shoppe today in the same parking lot and Tweeter looked closed. Are they still open normal hours?

ROZ
05-07-2005, 12:37 PM
I was at the vitamin shoppe today in the same parking lot and Tweeter looked closed. Are they still open normal hours?
I hear the hours haven't changed....

ROZ
05-07-2005, 12:48 PM
So is it the overhead of the stores that makes it hard.
I've noticed that Circuit City and Best Buy have been struggling too.
CC usually has something like 50% markup over internet prices, and the salesperson usually don't know jackfock. They way they do it now doesn't make me want to back. Seems like back before internet days it was the best deal, but they local stereo shops seems to be a lot closer on price these days, and service actually exists.
Not saying it don't at tweeter, but went into Best Buy the other day looking for a bass tube and I had to explain to the guy what one was.
...so how about the Hoover store?
The overhead in the stores we closed couldn't be supported by the sales generated in those locations. I know that the leases and locations for stores out here and a couple other areas were outrageous... 2 of the stores out here were bad moves from the start. A few of us here know that from the start. The store in Chino was never really given a chance, IMHO. The GM's there were 1 never given the tools to succeed and 2 never given a staff who could present the customers the type of service both Tweeter and customers expected. Too bad it had to be done. Nobody likes to see people loose their jobs :frown:
I think our store is the last commission based large consumer electronics companies out there. We train our people very heavily on product knowledge. Hopefully they use it as a sales tool.... CC, BB, GG, and Fry's are all hourly, so you probably shouldn't expect too much product knowledge from a person there, ulness the guy is really into electronics....
I think Hoover, Alabama store makes money, so we've kept it open :D

PHX ATC
05-07-2005, 08:22 PM
I hope my "timing" isn't bad, like my neighbor Scuba Steve. :2purples:

dc96819
05-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Never heard of Tweeter,is this like a circuit city

RiverOtter
05-08-2005, 04:56 AM
Never heard of Tweeter,is this like a circuit city
Waaaaay better than CC. They just carry the highend stuff. And they actually have the stuff advertized in stock and the sales people actually know what they are talking about. :D

v-drive
05-08-2005, 06:13 AM
Hmmmm! Didn't they recently open a store in Mission Viejo, down in the hole by the rail road tracks........v-drive

TheLurker
05-08-2005, 06:22 AM
Hmmmm! Didn't they recently open a store in Mission Viejo, down in the hole by the rail road tracks........v-drive
Funny you discribe it like that. Thats what I tell my wife when I go there.
"you know, the one down in the hole"
That place is a pain to get into and out of around the holidays.

v-drive
05-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Yeah it is a pain. We try and do our shopping in October. Holidays are a no no.......v-drive

ROZ
05-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Heard a roumor that someone bought a plasma at one of the closing stores for 1200.00.... don't know the details, but one of the delivery guys tells me some of the deals are getting good.... Too far for me to check out myself... just thinking of those in the areas of the stores...

NashvilleBound
05-19-2005, 05:59 PM
I will hit my local store this weekend. Wifey wants two more plasmas.....

Bryan Rose
05-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Went by my local Store closing in Macon and everythng was pretty much a scam.... Marked up then down.... not really a sale... I was looking for a Bose lifestyle system and they had 2 of them, Price was 2995.00 marked down to 2695.00 .... I can order it from bose for less money in the long run and get it new in the box, not a demo. I told the guy I am a serious buyer and have cash in hand ........ how about a better deal? " I cant make deals I am just a guy who puts out the sale stickers....... I call Bull shi...........
Oh and for the Plasmas ..... save you money they are floor models that run 12 hours or more a day and have been on the floor a long time..... Thet have a limited lifespan.
Bryan

ROZ
05-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Actually, anything marked off bose is a deal. Because of strict dealer agreements, we can't even sell it wholesale... But now tht Tweeter doesn't own the stuff anymore, the liquidator will be marking it down even more...
Stuff will be marked down.... Sorry you didn't get the screaming deal you wanted... I did say that what is at the stores is open box and display units...
BTW, all tv's have a lifespan. If you'r looking or a neverending picure, the best you're going to do is an LCD or DLP. Those type of tv's use a buld. when the buld goes out, its an easy consumer replacement :)

Perfect Mixer
05-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah, been there. Was looking to buy an entertainment/Nav setup for my Yukon. Poor guys ignored me in my flannel jacket and shorts, so I spent my $$$ elsewhere. At the time there where more sales people than customers in the store. I can see why they are having problems and closing down stores.

PHX ATC
05-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Everybody send me their TV's and I will conduct a study to see how long they last, what their shelf life is, how their picture looks and get back to you within 5 years.
I will return the TV to you in the original packaging after the agreed upon 5 years with a full written report.
I'm available to start today.
PM me for my address.
:D :D

NashvilleBound
05-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Went to the Tweeter in Hendersonville (Nashville) that they are closing and got another 42" Panasonic plasma for $1999...amongst other stuff. Pretty damn good Roz.... thanks again.