PDA

View Full Version : Dad arrested after protesting 'gay' book!

NOTALENT
05-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Regardless of your standing on gays, the goverment practically forcing kids to accept it as normal and even promoting it is just unacceptable. Government school should teach academics, nothing else.
BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS
Dad arrested after protesting 'gay' book
'Our parental requests for our own child were flat-out denied'
Posted: April 29, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com
A father who protested a pro-homosexual book his 6-year-old son had been given in school spent a night in jail after being arrested by police.
David Parker, 42, confronted officials at Joseph Estabrook School in Lexington, Mass., Wednesday after his son brought home a copy of "Who's in a Family,'' a storybook that includes characters who are homosexual parents, the Boston Herald reported.
According to the report, Parker refused to leave a meeting after Lexington Superintendent Bill Hurley rejected his request that he be notified when his son is exposed to any discussion about same-sex households as part of classroom instruction.
Police arrested Parker for trespassing and he spent a night in jail before posting a $1,000 personal surety, Boston's WCVB-TV reported.
"Our parental requests for our own child were flat-out denied,'' Parker said in a statement.
Parker said school officials have continued to tell him he has no right to control whether or not his child is taught about same-sex marriage.
"What I am saying is, because of the same-sex marriage law, people are treating it as a mandate to teach the youngest of children. It is not a mandate to teach the youngest of children, particularly if parents say, 'Hold on, I want to be the gatekeeper of the information. It is not that I don't want my child to ever learn it, it is I want to control the timing and manner,'" Parker told the TV station.
Brian Camenker, director of the traditional-values organization Article 8 Alliance, told the Herald Parker also asked that his son be pulled from discussions involving homosexuality that arise spontaneously.
According to the Lexington Minuteman, Parker spoke at a school committee meeting Tuesday and complained that schools have "unfettered ... access to children's psyches."
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44026

IN2-IN2MX
05-04-2005, 10:53 AM
I should be up to the parents to decide when, where, why, etc., not the school system.

NOTALENT
05-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Exactly.. They should just teach academics and stick to that. Especially on somthing like this, you would have to know the parents are going to have mixed thoughts. They should have at least ran it by them.

lucky
05-04-2005, 11:03 AM
I eventually want my kids to know about homosexuals, but I think that 6 is too young (like they even care at that age) and I think it should be up to the parents to educate them on such topics.
yea -- wait till he's at least old enough to read "bench racing " :D

BoatPI
05-04-2005, 11:13 AM
I bet Bill OReilly will be talking about this tonight.

lucky
05-04-2005, 11:16 AM
I heard this was promted by neverland ranch :jawdrop:

RiverDave
05-04-2005, 11:40 AM
When in our society did it become PC to be gay? That shit shouldn't be in public schools period point blank. I don't care if other people want to live there lifestyle that way, but "encouraging" it and making it "the norm" is a little out of my beliefs..
RD

NOTALENT
05-04-2005, 11:44 AM
When in our society did it become PC to be gay? That shit shouldn't be in public schools period point blank. I don't care if other people want to live there lifestyle that way, but "encouraging" it and making it "the norm" is a little out of my beliefs..
RD
Well said RD...there trying to embrace it, which infact is gonna lead the kids to believe its O.K!! :mad:

Jbb
05-04-2005, 11:44 AM
RD
Dammit ...lol...If I only had access to my pictures right now.... :D :D

Tom Brown
05-04-2005, 12:09 PM
This Parker guy should keep his children out of Bench Racers.

AzMandella
05-04-2005, 12:46 PM
RD
Exactly right RD.I believe that a person has the right to their own sexuality whatever it may be.They deserve the same constitutional rights as the rest of us.But now they want us to believe that it is "natural" to be gay.And I will never buy that no more than it is natural to be retarded.It is a gentic disorder.To force these ideas on gradeschool children is absurd,and the parents have every right to decide what their children are taught especialy at that age.Is this same school handing out The Joy of Sex to 6 yr olds.I don't think so.So why are they trying to teach them homosexuality? I'd say that it's Mass. way of forcing children to accept it as "normal" when it is not.

all charged up
05-05-2005, 05:44 PM
How can schools be allowed to force our children to learn about homosexuality against a parents request. Try to force them to teach your kids about good christian values. They will put you in the same cell. What the hell is this country coming to. Tech 'em spanish, teach 'em to be gay, but don't teach 'em about God. Things have got to change. :frown:

mickeyfinn
05-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Unfortunately, this problem can be traced right back to us and our parents. I can remember when "faggots" first started "coming out of the closet". It wasn't treated with distaste, disbelief or any of the other "normal" emotions that come to mind. It was treated as humor more than anything else. This just like anything else (including the behavior a lot of folks complain about at the sandbar) that is tolerated by one generation is embraced by the next.
We would have been much better off to have slammed that closet door on their asses.

chub
05-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Well said RD...there trying to embrace it, which infact is gonna lead the kids to believe its O.K!! :mad:
Chub..... As said many times just not down with the gay.

cdog
05-06-2005, 08:20 AM
As with everything else in this country, those that have their own issues put so much more effort into their causes than do people that do not embrace whatever it may be as "it doesn't effect me so why get involved", until it's too late aaannnddd tttthhheeennn it does effect them.
It's the same old story whether it concerns our illegal mex problem, gun control, boat noise laws, offroad use laws, feminazi laws, fag laws, etc. Until it effects you personally you tend to 'look the other way'. Iffin I had any kids in school in this day and age- they'd be pulled out yesterday and put in private school where I could dictate what they will be exposed to.
If the agenda at issue is pounded into their little skulls full of mush long enough and hard enough then they will start to believe it. Ever heard of the term "PUPPY LOVE" ? Leave it up to our public school systems and it will have a whole new meaning!
Rio
Well said, The majority of teachers and educational systems have an agenda that is very far leaning to the left. They are controled by their unions that threaten teachers with paychecks and benifits. Teachers tend to be neo liberials these days. They ARE trying to push their system of over education because guess why? You keep coming back to be elightened by their sespool of BS knowldge. In a way they are ego maniacs. They force their beliefs and values, and anyone who does'nt play along or caters to their ideas gets a big fat F. My little sister went to ASU for one semester and had a history class taught by a black guy. He turned it into a black history class and race was the highlight of every subject and paper that was due. Now she's at Chapman U and she said theres lots of hispanic's who really are not up to par as far as education goes so they lower the level of expectation from the students. Sex has no place in grade school. But then again it all comes back to their agenda of social engineering. My kids (someday) will go to private school.

superdave013
05-06-2005, 08:37 AM
If I had kids in that school I'd get a grip of these shirts for 'em! lol :cool:
click click (http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/crazy-tshirts/Silly%20Faggot,%20Dicks%20are%20for%20Chicks!%20T-shirt.htm)