PDA

View Full Version : Every Parent in the US Should Have Seen...

burtandnancy
05-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Larry King tonight with John Walsh (Americas Most Wanted). As a grandparent of 6 young kids (all boaters) it struck a nerve. Lots to be said on the subject, but one thought especially caught me. According to John Walsh, there are 600,000 known, convicted sex offenders out of jail and living in our neighborhoods, but we don't know where 100,000 of them are. He pointed out that we can track Martha Steward, but don't know where 100,000 serious criminals are. What in hell are our lawmakers, politicians and elected officials thinking? How can something like this be taking place in our country in this day? Well, I hope this starts a lot of you thinking...

LVJAKAZ
05-12-2005, 06:14 PM
I didnt see the T.V.show but dosnt Meganslaw.com help? Ive used it

Boozer
05-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Not sure if you've been keeping up with the battle to protect children from sex offenders but as we speak congress is working on a bill right now that is going to require sex offenders to be equiped with GPS tracking devices 24/7. I'm not sure of the specifics but I know it is in the works.

Blown 472
05-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Not sure if you've been keeping up with the battle to protect children from sex offenders but as we speak congress is working on a bill right now that is going to require sex offenders to be equiped with GPS tracking devices 24/7. I'm not sure of the specifics but I know it is in the works.
30.06 round works alot better.

TheLurker
05-12-2005, 07:17 PM
30.06 round works alot better.
I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with Blown on something.
Did Hell freeze over when I was not looking?

racecar.hotshoe
05-12-2005, 07:19 PM
I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with Blown on something.
Did Hell freeze over when I was not looking?
I think it did...................... :D

dirty old man
05-13-2005, 07:14 AM
maybe the same cure as for the domestic cats above

Devilman
05-13-2005, 07:28 AM
Around here sex offenders get their pictures in the paper and are registered in the city & county databases. Can check on the net see if you got any around you. A few years ago, our next-door neighbors kid (guy my age) ended up on the list for statutory rape when he was 19. Lovely, ain't it? :supp: Like you say, that's just the ones we KNOW about!

LaveyJet
05-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Since you live in Rancho Cucamonga follow this link (http://www.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/public/meganslaw/meganslaw.htm).
It shows a map of where serious registered sex offenders are living in Rancho. You may be surprised.

LaveyJet
05-13-2005, 08:08 AM
here it is
http://www.sbcounty.gov/Sheriff/public/MegansLaw/maps/images/Rancho%20Cucamonga.jpg

CrazyHippy
05-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Around here sex offenders get their pictures in the paper and are registered in the city & county databases. Can check on the net see if you got any around you. A few years ago, our next-door neighbors kid (guy my age) ended up on the list for statutory rape when he was 19. Lovely, ain't it? :supp: Like you say, that's just the ones we KNOW about!
And sex on the boat if caught can end up as indecent exposure and land you on the list... :2purples:
Great idea, but the goverment has mucked it up...
BJH

WYRD
05-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Larry King tonight with John Walsh (Americas Most Wanted). As a grandparent of 6 young kids (all boaters) it struck a nerve. Lots to be said on the subject, but one thought especially caught me. According to John Walsh, there are 600,000 known, convicted sex offenders out of jail and living in our neighborhoods, but we don't know where 100,000 of them are. He pointed out that we can track Martha Steward, but don't know where 100,000 serious criminals are. What in hell are our lawmakers, politicians and elected officials thinking? How can something like this be taking place in our country in this day? Well, I hope this starts a lot of you thinking...
well if anything ever happens to one of my kids I speak the truth when I say there will be 599,999 known convicted sex offenders living.......................... :hammer2:

C-2
05-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Setting aside his ego, John Walsh has really done a great job.
As for the pervs, they've always been around. Good ole' fashioned activity checks by parole officers is what's needed, along with no tolerance sentences. The majority of these scum are repeat offenders and should be shipped to some remote island. Oh wait, they tried that already, gooday :hammer2: :hammer2:

Sherpa
05-15-2005, 06:15 AM
7mm for the pervert at 1000 yards..........
sprinkler for the cat at 10 feet.........
films at 11........
--Sherpa

MsDrmr
05-15-2005, 06:31 AM
that would help, I know right now they are supposed to report to the local police station on where they reside. However, just like the men who are supposed to report where they work for child support, these sex offenders simply never inform the police dept.....a tracking device of some sort would be great.
Then the ? comes in....where do we draw the line between freedom and who should wear a tracking device? If someone murders a few people and goes to prision he legally has served his punishment, but should we not know that there is a murderer in the house next door to us?
This has the potental (sp) to get very sticky

beyondhelpin
05-15-2005, 08:14 AM
I have one problem with the sex offender laws. If I had been drinking and decided to take a drain somewhere other than a non existant bathroom and was caught, I could go on the list as a sex offender. I am not talking about peeing in open public either.
Decided to take my wife to a quiet secluded cove and make love on the boat, Busted. We can both be sex offenders.
It is just to broad and needs to focus on the perverts and people who are dangerous to us and our children. Sexual predators. Not some way to normal person being a little bit bad. Kinda waters down a very important list if you ask me.
No I am not on the list, But I do know someone who is on it for peeing behind a business (closed) late one nite.