PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Disco Bay

jackpunx
05-16-2005, 08:30 AM
First off I want to thank Stoker2001 and his wife for baby sitting us all day this weekendÂ… This was my first experience on the Delta.. All I can say is if you have never been there.. DonÂ’t go alone!!.. I had NO idea where I was.. I just followed Stoker2001 as close as I couldÂ…. We launched at Tower Park.. then he took us site seeing.. It was amazing.. He showed us where you guys do your hooky day.. and where RobbyRacer GPS over 135 in a little.. I MEAN LITTLE channel.. You NOR CAL guys are nuts!.. Ultimately we ended up in Discovery bay for the boat show.. We saw BoatMaster, Jetboat guru and Teabag..
So IÂ’m sitting there.. and start to remember this story that Hullshot tells me about the wind and the main channel.. and Im looking around.. thinking to my self.. we better get going.. We had our 20.4 Stoker with 6 people and Stoker 2001 had his Stoker 224 with 3..
We got fuel and headed out..
We ended up at hidden island (I think) it was a bar.. It reminded me of something you would see in parker.. We raced almost all the way back having a blast .. Then we hit the channel.. it was windy and pretty ugly.. it was probably 2-3Â’ waves.. Now remember.. we have little boats.. but.. they are STOKERS!...lol..
First off.. Between my woman and I we have two stokers.. I have a 224 with a car motor.. and she has the 20.4 with an OB.. We just bought a house and decided that we were going to sell the 20.4.. After this ride I looked at her and said.. There is NO way we are selling this boat right now.. LOLÂ…. I have driven this boat before.. but.. never in challenging water.. I donÂ’t have words for how well it handled.. I know how our 224 handles ugly water.. but unless you had your own experience.. you would never have any idea how the 20.4 handles the water..
Now I know how those guys made it back and fourth to Catalina in those boats..
I know she didnÂ’t want to sell it.. we love to boat together so we thought we would never use both boats.. Even though she drives my boat.. its not really a friendly application to say it lightlyÂ…and IÂ’m always over her shoulder.. With white knuckles.. (Not because IÂ’m an ass hole.. but because I have a 1200HP Stoker and its generally not a good idea to let people with out a TON of experience drive it).
Long story short.. We are keeping the little Stoker tooÂ… She is going to drive it with her girlfriends.. and weÂ’ll keep it for local boatingÂ….
BTW.. Im going to enter it in a 8hr race in parkerÂ… and maybe some ski racing too.. lol
I want to thank Kevin (Stoker2001) for a great day on the Delta and cant wait to do it again..
Mark

Jetboatguru
05-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Was there rough water out there? :D

jackpunx
05-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Was there rough water out there? :D
LMAO.. yea.. from what I heard... .you may have found some too :D
BTW.. thats a great looking 26.. Your going to have a blast with it

Jetboatguru
05-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Thanx Jackpunx,
We hit some big stuff on our way to Riverboat. I think were running 60-70 and the wind was howling. I am not real familiar with all of the delta. You can get lost in one turn. Great seeing you guys up here. Let us know when you are gonna be up again.

HP350SC
05-16-2005, 09:10 AM
JP- A map and topped off tanks are a must :D You may remember my story of an overheating motor, low fuel and no map :idea: I thought they would find me dead in my boat after driving in circles LOL :D
Fun place though, almost like a road race course. Really lets the turning ability of the Stoker's shine!

Dave C
05-16-2005, 09:16 AM
you got set of solid brass nuts.....
first 140+ mph in a stoker then you go out to the delta in that boat... WOW two feats of daring unmatched!!
You're the man!!!
jackpunx for president!!!

jackpunx
05-16-2005, 09:33 AM
JP- A map and topped off tanks are a must :D You may remember my story of an overheating motor, low fuel and no map :idea: I thought they would find me dead in my boat after driving in circles LOL :D
Fun place though, almost like a road race course. Really lets the turning ability of the Stoker's shine!
for sure.. I remember that story :2purples: .. I should have taken my GPS..

jackpunx
05-16-2005, 09:34 AM
you got set of solid brass nuts.....
first 140+ mph in a stoker then you go out to the delta in that boat... WOW two feats of daring unmatched!!
You're the man!!!
jackpunx for president!!!
LMAO.. Im not sure I would go that far.. have you seen Tony S drive his K boat?..lol
its all fun and games till someone knocks out an eye :D

Dave C
05-16-2005, 10:14 AM
there is a difference between big nuts and no brains.... lol
J/K BTW

Sherpa
05-16-2005, 10:33 AM
The delta is awesome......... it is like the James Bond movie in alot of ways..
And It's called "Lost Isle"....... my BIL owns it..... cool place, but my sister
hates it.......
Glad you had a good time............!
as for your "rough chop" you haven't got to experience Frank's Tract with
50mph winds, 8 foot chop in a Mastercraft prostar 190..... wet doesn't begin
to describe it..........
--Sherpa

jackpunx
05-16-2005, 10:58 AM
The delta is awesome......... it is like the James Bond movie in alot of ways..
And It's called "Lost Isle"....... my BIL owns it..... cool place, but my sister
hates it.......
Glad you had a good time............!
as for your "rough chop" you haven't got to experience Frank's Tract with
50mph winds, 8 foot chop in a Mastercraft prostar 190..... wet doesn't begin
to describe it..........
--Sherpa
we did have a great time..
8" chop?.. sounds like a 3 hr tour.. it also soundsl like something we might think twice about in a 36' cat

gnarley
05-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Sounds like you had a great time and you haven't come close to seeing it all yet, in fact after several years of going out there, I haven't seen it all yet. Even with the winds picking up most of the sloughs are pretty well protected and there isn't much chop and you can spend hours out there in relative protection. You ought to see the 4th of July from near Baron Hilton's place, it's F'n crazy with more then 4000 boats tied up or anchored at times and Lost Isle is only a 5-10 minute ride up the deep water channel. Be sure to watch out for the rollers coming off the big cruizers, you could launch off one and stuff it. The best part is you can always loose the crowds if you want!

jackpunx
05-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Sounds like you had a great time and you haven't come close to seeing it all yet, in fact after several years of going out there, I haven't seen it all yet. Even with the winds picking up most of the sloughs are pretty well protected and there isn't much chop and you can spend hours out there in relative protection. You ought to see the 4th of July from near Baron Hilton's place, it's F'n crazy with more then 4000 boats tied up or anchored at times and Lost Isle is only a 5-10 minute ride up the deep water channel. Be sure to watch out for the rollers coming off the big cruizers, you could launch off one and stuff it. The best part is you can always loose the crowds if you want!
we got a taste of some big rollers.. I can only imagine that it goes off there..
for me..its worth the drive up from LA.. as long as I have a tour guide.. :wink:

Jetboatguru
05-16-2005, 12:35 PM
The waves that get me are the huge ones that follow behind the big boats after you cross their outer wakes. They are spaced just enough apart to really jack you up. :eek:

gnarley
05-16-2005, 12:44 PM
The waves that get me are the huge ones that follow behind the big boats after you cross their outer wakes. They are spaced just enough apart to really jack you up. :eek:
Hey Tony, those are the rollers! Sometimes you don't even see a boat and suddenly you are on them without warning and they can go on for a 1/4 mile before they disappear again without ever seeing who made them.

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 12:45 PM
I got my Eagle 300 XP completely out of the water jumping one of those a couple of hundred feet behind the boat. They are enormous and perfectly ramped for a dukes of hazard jump. Please don't do this at home... :hammerhea

jackpunx
05-17-2005, 07:26 AM
Tony,,
I think you should try to double those rollers with your k boat :D

Dave C
05-17-2005, 07:38 AM
no kidding!
the rollers that follow directly behind, about 100 feet or so, the freighters and barges heading to Stockton....... those are the ones that will leave a friggin mark. :supp: :supp: :mad:
long time ago, we stopped and waited for a freighter to pass use. When the initial wakes subsided, we took off full speed... thinking it was OK but then 15 seconds later ..... yeeeehaaaaaa!! OUCH! :mad:
"Just the good ol boys... never meaning no harm".....
I got my Eagle 300 XP completely out of the water jumping one of those a couple of hundred feet behind the boat. They are enormous and perfectly ramped for a dukes of hazard jump. Please don't do this at home... :hammerhea

Aqua Boogie1
05-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Jack, I think I saw you guys at the Lost Isle. I walking to my boat and saw to Stokers pull in. They were really nice and had mentioned to my friend the there some people on the ***boats boards that have these. But I don't think one was you, they were both OB's. Well, anyway Im glad you guys enjoy my side of town!!!!!! Hope to catch you guys the next time up!!!! :D :D

jackpunx
05-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Jack, I think I saw you guys at the Lost Isle. I walking to my boat and saw to Stokers pull in. They were really nice and had mentioned to my friend the there some people on the ***boats boards that have these. But I don't think one was you, they were both OB's. Well, anyway Im glad you guys enjoy my side of town!!!!!! Hope to catch you guys the next time up!!!! :D :D
Yep.. that was us.. we have two Stokers.. One with the Car engine and the other with the OB.. I had the little one (blue,yellow white) and Stoker2001 had (red, yellow white) the bigger one..
we will be coming up again soon.. I'll post in advance and maybe we can all hang out next time..
BTW.. you guys are always welcome in Parker.. Let us know when your coming down and we'll have a party.
Mark

Aqua Boogie1
05-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Yep.. that was us.. we have two Stokers.. One with the Car engine and the other with the OB.. I had the little one (blue,yellow white) and Stoker2001 had (red, yellow white) the bigger one..
we will be coming up again soon.. I'll post in advance and maybe we can all hang out next time..
BTW.. you guys are always welcome in Parker.. Let us know when your coming down and we'll have a party.
Mark
Will do, and yes, give us a head up next time so we can hook up. :cool: