PDA

View Full Version : Chaparrel M.S. eat my a$$

Sportin' Wood
05-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Never in my life have I seen worse customer service. They will never get a cent of my money again.
My wife and I drove out to Chaparrel Motor Sports tonight to buy our son a CRF70 for his birthday. We had a ball buying $300 worth of boots and apparel and figured we would get the bike on the way out. We figured that the advertised price of the bike was fair and it would only take writing a check and wheeling it out. WRONG!
Price was advertised around $1300. That seemed fair and I figured another $130 for tax and lic. WRONG!
$800 more in b/s fees. Every thing from assembly and prep. WTF. Assembly and prep? One or the other, not both. They also double charged for tax and lic. They wanted $280 for tax and lic. not $ 140
On top of that they wanted 2% if I used my cash back mastercard. Angie says thats B/S what if I pay by check? He replies thats 2% also (check guarantee fee) What if I pay you cash? The asshole says "you want to drive around to save $20.00?" He said that if we didn't use their credit card, they would charge 2% more.
I say "Look dude, I was quoted a price of about $1500 o.t.d. by another shop."
"Maybe You should go there then!"
Guess what A$$ hole not only am I going to go somewhere else I'm returning the $300.00 in crap I just bought.
We go up to the counter and ask for a manager and the girl just rolls her eyes. Now I'm really pissed. Forget it just give me my money back!
Chaparrel If any of you are out there.... EAT MY A$$.
WTF does a salesman care if he can make a quick sale with no hassel? When I was in sales I would take any offer just write it up, get it done, and get back on the floor so I can sell some more. Not the clowns that work there. We had to interrupt two of the 8 that where standing around talking. BTW, isn't it the sales manager's job to tell me what the bottom line is?
Oh well I've vented. Anybody know a good shop that I can buy my kid a CRF70 without using a Honda card?

Sportin' Wood
05-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Pretty sure it's also illegal to charge double sales tax. Not positive, but pretty sure :D

little rowe boat
05-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Try Burts Mega mall in Covina.

cola
05-16-2005, 07:43 PM
John Burr in Fontana. 1 909 823-1338 ask for Kirt. Chaperral sucks.

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-16-2005, 07:45 PM
I hate that place. The only thing they have going for them if the "convenience factor" Forget about customer service, forget about calling them to check on a part, YOU WILL NEVER TALK TO THE PARTS DEPT. My suggestion is the support your local dealer and **** those greedy bastards. :devil:

boater72
05-16-2005, 07:54 PM
I believe, and I'm not for sure, that it's illegal for them to charge a credit card surcharge if they'll allow you to use other credit cards with no charge. They can discount for the use of their card, but not the other way around.
You are correct on this one.

Hallett
05-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Thats bs call tom goldbrick at whittier honda tell
him Bob stanfield sent you he will work with you.
he is the owner. its worth a try good luck.
562 945-3494

bchbum
05-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Our friends have bought many bikes from L.A. Honda , they show the otd in the trader . So far that's what they have paid

PHOTOGLOU
05-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Good luck on your purchase.... Just a little FYI normally advertisers are a loss leader and they will almost not service you if you want to buy one of the loss leaders or make you wait hours and hours to finally get it for that.... IF IT IS ADVERTISED they must give it to you for that price THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE QUICK but they have to give it to you.. Also check the fine print plus prep fee,plus tax plus lic etc if its not there in the fine print THEY CAN'T CHARGE IT... if you feel you were wronged PM me and if you want to take this further I might be of some help... Its the same in the car business try to get a advert. car and you just wasted 6 - 8 hours of your day to save 4 or 5 hundred even if you spend the time ( 6 -8 hours) someone who walks in and agrees to purchase the warranty (severly inflated) paint protection alarm wheels tire will get the car in less than an hour

77charger
05-16-2005, 08:12 PM
My boss was going to buy a busa from them years ago got the same thing ad price was no where near otd he left and bought elsewhere.
I had a bad experience at hahm motorsports too.went to oc honda and got the deal i wanted no hassle even at closing time on a saturday.

jeepinscott
05-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Never attempt to buy a bike from those jokers. They are pond scum of the thickest kind. I go there for gear and the summer sale of closeouts, but then it's just venders and not the pond scum. Good luck. Call around, get them working against eachothers offers. I had good luck at John Burr when I bought Brians CR 85.

termiteguy
05-16-2005, 08:19 PM
i glad to hear you returned all the stuff you bought from them and left the
store. integrity and honesty is all we have in life a lot and some times
it is diferance between us. if more people did what you did get pissed
and walked out places like that would not stay in buisness or they would have to change their ways :argue:

Jrocket
05-16-2005, 08:25 PM
That sucks to hear your story.Ive been riding for Chapparral for the last 5 years and havent had one problem.Every company has a problem now and then,sorry you had to have one of those problems.
Try John Burr,they will give you a good deal.

Sportin' Wood
05-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Good luck on your purchase.... Just a little FYI normally advertisers are a loss leader and they will almost not service you if you want to buy one of the loss leaders or make you wait hours and hours to finally get it for that.... IF IT IS ADVERTISED they must give it to you for that price THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE QUICK but they have to give it to you.. Also check the fine print plus prep fee,plus tax plus lic etc if its not there in the fine print THEY CAN'T CHARGE IT... if you feel you were wronged PM me and if you want to take this further I might be of some help... Its the same in the car business try to get a advert. car and you just wasted 6 - 8 hours of your day to save 4 or 5 hundred even if you spend the time ( 6 -8 hours) someone who walks in and agrees to purchase the warranty (severly inflated) paint protection alarm wheels tire will get the car in less than an hour
Thanks Jay, that wont be required. This was not an ad price it was on the bike just like every other bike in the showroom. Played the loss leader game before. It was not a loss leader.

bordsmnj
05-16-2005, 08:28 PM
just call LA honda and ask for out the door price. then go there with a check for that amount and you'll be out the door bike loaded up in 15 minutes.
no bullshit :cool:

H20 Toie
05-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Years ago they used to have great prices and service, but it seems that they have just got to big and your right they don't care about the customers anymore becuase they have the take it or leave it attitude, i would rather buy from a local shop than go there even if it cost more but when i bought my wife the kawi 700 a friend of mine went there and i was 1500 more buy the time they were done so he walked out but they had someone else ready to buy it so what did they care.

RidinRed
05-16-2005, 09:52 PM
just call LA honda and ask for out the door price. then go there with a check for that amount and you'll be out the door bike loaded up in 15 minutes.
Ditto's-
I picked up a Cycle Trader & made a follow up call. Presto deal done :)
They will email you if you inquire on line for you to print out but never heard of anyone needing to provide it when they showed up. Then you go to the parts dept. and buy anything you want at the new customer discount,
Geat dealership IMO!

racecar.hotshoe
05-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Thats were I got my sons bike at great people to deal with.....Good call Mike.

h2oski2fast
05-16-2005, 10:29 PM
And what makes you the authority? Oh wait, nevermind. :p :D :D :D

PHOTOGLOU
05-16-2005, 10:35 PM
And what makes you the authority? Oh wait, nevermind. :p :D :D :D
That's it next time your getting the retail warranty cost :sqeyes:

cola
05-17-2005, 06:38 AM
Thats were I got my sons bike at great people to deal with.....Good call Mike.
John was a friend, God Speed. He lived in Yucaipa also. We rode together at times & our kids rode all the time. They are a no BS shop. And if you need the extra bling for the bikes, call IMS Racing another Yucaipa boy.
Late, Mike

h2oski2fast
05-17-2005, 09:45 AM
That's it next time your getting the retail warranty cost :sqeyes:
Damn, no one has a sense of humor anymore, :idea:
BTW, are you going to make it down on Parker for Memorial?

Scream
05-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Good for you Jeff, just sorry you had to travel so far to get pissed off...
It appears you're sold on the Honda, but Yamaha of Cucamonga is a nice little shop, the owners are most of the staff and besides they're family...lol just an fyi
Scream

Hustler
05-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles SW. Give this guy a call on a used one. it's super clean for 1k XR70 (http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=44246&hl=xr70)

Boozer
05-17-2005, 10:03 AM
FWIW one of my buddies step dad owns Montclair Yamaha. I can get you a price at just over dealer cost. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you the info.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Thanks for all of your help. I talked to Kirt at Fontana and he was $400 less than the other place. If I drive to LA I can save an additional $200 out the door. Have to decide how much it's worth to sit in traffic, but either way they are both good deals. Thanks again everyone.

Hustler
05-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Mrs wood, did you look at that used one? I understand wanting a new bike and all but that one is really clean

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-17-2005, 10:17 AM
I did look at it, and if it was closer I would probably jump on it. (pun intended) I am just limited on time because we want to give it to him on Saturday and I don't think I can get out to San Pedro (or LA for that matter) before then.

Waldo
05-17-2005, 10:18 AM
L.A. Honda is great. It's where I purchased my Hondas.
I even picked them up at their storage yard and "assembled & prepped" myself. That's a bunch of horse$hit!!! All you have to do is unbolt the bike from the crate, put the front wheel, handlebars, fill with fluids. They knocked off those costs to boot. Plus, it was fun doing it.

phuggit
05-17-2005, 10:26 AM
I'll only go to Chapparal for riding gear, because they have a large in-stock selection. If I have a question about a part, no one at Chapparal will have any clue as to what I am talking about. I think the majority of the peeps working there have never even thrown their leg over a bike or quad.
For parts or sales I'll go to MSR or Callaway in Riverside.

IN2MX
05-17-2005, 10:31 AM
the best place to buy a Honda is
Los Angeles Cyclesports in Inglewood....The number is (310) 677-5800. Ask for Kevin Foster. He will give you OTD price over phone in about 10 seconds.....give him your info, he'll have everything ready before you get there, you will be in and out in 20 minutes.
He is, They are, the PHOTOGLOU of motorcycles.
I have purchased four bikes from them, two from him, always been treated the same way everytime. And, you get 20% off at the parts/accessory counter once you buy a bike there.

Captain Dan
05-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Whatever you do, don't buy from Temecula Motorsports - they are the biggest bunch of fuktards I've ever run across, (sales department and owner).
I buy all my bikes from Mid Cities in Paramount ( I drive from Murrieta to Paramount just to avoid the aforementioned worthless dealership in Temecula) - see Robin Krieger at Mid Cities, he'll set you up. :mix:

Scream
05-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Whatever you do, don't buy from Temecula Motorsports - they are the biggest bunch of fuktards I've ever run across, (sales department and owner).
I buy all my bikes from Mid Cities in Paramount ( I drive from Murrieta to Paramount just to avoid the aforementioned worthless dealership in Temecula) - see Robin Krieger at Mid Cities, he'll set you up. :mix:
I give this post my vote for most appropriate use of the word "****tard"...
Do I have a second...lol :D

Captain Dan
05-17-2005, 10:58 AM
I can't take credit for the term ***tard, I got it from someone else on this very forum(I think it was Hard Core Skier, HCS).
I liked it too - it seems fitting in certain situations. :D

jbtrailerjim
05-17-2005, 11:43 AM
I don't ride but have friends that do. They all buy from John Burr in Fontana and have always had great luck with them.

Dr. Eagle
05-17-2005, 11:50 AM
I give this post my vote for most appropriate use of the word "****tard"...
Do I have a second...lol :D
I'll second that...

PHOTOGLOU
05-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Damn, no one has a sense of humor anymore, :idea:
BTW, are you going to make it down on Parker for Memorial?
Trying to make it out there 1 day this weekend..... Alan has already mentioned it's not as safe for me to be on the water.... on those big weekends OK now back to normal bashing... If you are getting limited on time (like I said in a earlier post) I just sold a Duramax truck to one of the guys at chappareal I will call him to see if I have any influance (sp????)

HM
05-17-2005, 12:27 PM
That is the f'ing truth, and they have limited inventory. Their service department does their best to continue the focktard legacy as well.
And people wonder why people have such f'd up attitudes that are out riding. The only people that will buy from these assholes, are other assholes....which we seem to have a gigantic surplus of.

MUDXPRT
05-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Go to LA cylce (Honda) they will also deliver. I bought a XR100 from them about 2 yrs. ago I live in corona and they wanted apprx. $100.00 to deliver I asked them if they would do it for $50.00, He chcecked with someone came back on the phone and said yes they were going out in that direction anyway. I met them at the 15 fwy. & 60 fwy at Miliken off ramp paid the guy cash signed the paper work on the side of the road switched the bike from his truck to mine and on my way. Now that is service!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-17-2005, 01:17 PM
:idea: interesting
you guys are awesome, have I told you that today??? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_1_125.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm39696US')

KROOZIN
05-17-2005, 01:23 PM
That sucks to hear your story.Ive been riding for Chapparral for the last 5 years
Jrocket, are you a sponsored rider? What do you ride?

Phat Matt
05-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Chaparral is a client of mine and must be doing something right because they sell more bikes than most in the nation. Every year they get an award from one or more dealers stating they are the #1 dealer. Sorry you had a bad experience. I have sent quite a few people down there and they have had no problems. Of course I called ahead first though. :) If their service is so bad, I guess it pays to advertise, because people keep coming in. Who wants to buy some advertising? :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-17-2005, 02:01 PM
I think it's all about advertising. I have called 3 places and all 3 were at least $400 less than #1 was willing to take. Keep in mind, I was not really haggling over the price, but I was surprised when the add on fees were almost the same price as the bike. I think most people don't care if they are financing it because they are just so damm happy to get their hands on a motorcycle that they will take the credit card that goes along with it. I have plenty of cards (2), I don't need theirs. I'm not going to get another credit card for a lousy $2000.
It's the people who don't have any cash that shop there, I guess. And that is a large portion of the population. charge it , charge it, charge it.
It's too bad, because they had a really cute black lace up shirt that I wanted. :(

dicudmore
05-17-2005, 02:45 PM
I think it's all about advertising. I have called 3 places and all 3 were at least $400 less than #1 was willing to take. Keep in mind, I was not really haggling over the price, but I was surprised when the add on fees were almost the same price as the bike. I think most people don't care if they are financing it because they are just so damm happy to get their hands on a motorcycle that they will take the credit card that goes along with it. I have plenty of cards (2), I don't need theirs. I'm not going to get another credit card for a lousy $2000.
It's the people who don't have any cash that shop there, I guess. And that is a large portion of the population. charge it , charge it, charge it.
It's too bad, because they had a really cute black lace up shirt that I wanted. :(
Any chance of you going back and getting us a pic of you modeling said shirt for us Angie?? :D

Phat Matt
05-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah, go get the shirt. :D

2sand2
05-17-2005, 03:19 PM
your right Angie, it is amazing how prices change from vendor to vendor. being a buyer I se this day in and day out. like Matt said they are the #1 seller in the US but that doesn't mean they are the cheapest. sounds like the 400 less is the hook up. i would think by now the managment at Chaparall is aware of this flub and its now up to them to deal with it one way or another. hope your kid has a great bday, wouldn't we all have loved that for our bday at that age.. have a great day.

Sportin' Wood
05-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Any chance of you going back and getting us a pic of you modeling said shirt for us Angie?? :D
Thats the biggest bitch about it. That shirt was frickin hot. She was buying it just to go out in at that get together thingajig next month.
Thanks for all the advice guys. I was never trying to be cheap and would not have driven a 100 miles to save a few bucks. I just did not like the idea of the dealer charging $ 800 in extras on a $1300 bike.
La Honda is the hook up bar none. No hassle no bs bottom dollar price come get it. Fontana was a close second. In the end I walked into Temecula Motor sports on my lunch break today for shits and giggles. I have had bad experience dealing with Temecula merchants in the past but figured oh well.
I got great service and a fair price quickly. It was not La Honda good but then again it was local. They matched Fontana and gave me an 05 ta boot.
The sales men then offered me 15% off any thing in the store that I needed.
he ran me through the bike and helped me load it. Asked if i had any other questions, Shook my hand and was closing the deal on another in the time it took me to tie it down. Now thats a salesmen.
It took like 20 minutes and I was out of there with every thing I needed.
There was no bs. Just told me what they could do and did it with a smile. That is all I wanted from CMS. Not attitude from some smart a$$ kid who likely lives at home with his mommy.
Thanks again for all the help guys..
Damn I liked that shirt!

dicudmore
05-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Thats the biggest bitch about it. That shirt was frickin hot. She was buying it just to go out in at that get together thingajig next month.
I got great service and a fair price quickly.
It took like 20 minutes and I was out of there with every thing I needed.
There was no bs. Just told me what they could do and did it with a smile. That is all I wanted from CMS.
Damn I liked that shirt!
Glad the bike thing worked out...
Now about this shirt :D :D

wakemaker
12-06-2007, 09:30 PM
dont waist you time driving all the way to chapperall chances are you local shop can help you better and will defininatly care more about customer service this letter proved it to me. pass it on
OK in October I received some money for my birthday not a lot but enough to buy a few things. In your catalog #75 dirt 06 on page 75-96 there is an o'neal hydration pack #023-1425-103 listed for $30.99. I bought 2 plus another 5 or 6 items about $200.00 total. my son and his friend were there his friend spent another $60.00.
when I went to check out the pack was at the warehouse no problem I could go get it I was just glad you had everything and I got out in one trip. the cashier gave me the total and it seamed about $30.00 high so I looked at the prices in the computer and the packs were set a $44.00 ok price changes happen I understand so the cashier explained that there was nothing she could do I understand so a "MANAGER " comes over says "I'm sorry we must have new stock and they cost us more so that's the want it or not". Kind of shocked buy lack of customer care or service and again understanding prices change being in the automotive business myself, I asked for a 10% discount on the packs not on the other $120.00+ worth of parts that any shop in the country would give almost anybody, that would be what $9.00, minimal and I thought fair for find a mistake in the catalog.
with that the next response "no I can't do that ether do you still want them" instead of me storming out with four letter words I am famous for I just said ok. I guess I'll take them. its 10 to 6 closing time I went over to get a sticker I waited for about 5 minutes @ a LOCKED (wtf) sticker cabinet and gave up on that cause I was told if I wasn't at the warehouse by 6 I was out of luck. great now thing are really starting to eat at me to were I'm getting pissed.
Ok maybe I'm over reacting, but I purchased a motorcycle from Chaparral last year. I have spent thousands of dollars with Chaparral over the 16 years I have been shopping there because of the great service and prices there but now that you are so big that seams to have all changed I don't see the great deals on last years or out dated gear anymore. All I got was do you "want it or not" . Hopefully I can get over this but if that's the way you do business now I don't see you being around much longer anyway. Between the "hurry and get to the warehouse or they are going to leave". shows me they don't give a shit. and the you have 12 people behind you and want to close who are paying customers so I don't give a shit "do you want them or not".
Well thank for reading this I have never done a letter this long but I just think that whole thing was wrong
and if I don't at least here back from you I will have to go to more than one place to get my parts for my 3 bikes I have now and what ever I get in the future. I already ripped off the chaparral stickers from the 110 and put Temecula Motorsports ( that they gladly gave me free yours cost?) on the fender of my yz400f. they a least give me 10% and good service so most time I don't even ask. I don't know what will change my feeling but your reply will weigh greatly on my support and business with Chaparral.
Thanks again for you time,
yes i wrote it ya its bad grammer spelling etc . but i was pretty mad I dont normaly write letters to complain . support your local shop who ever you are comfortable with dont drive an hour you wont save anything. Im no pretty well in with 74 motorsports helpful people that accually ride.

Infomaniac
12-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Buy one online and have it shipped in..Or buy the 06 TTR - 125 LE we have here. :D
Never in my life have I seen worse customer service. They will never get a cent of my money again.
My wife and I drove out to Chaparrel Motor Sports tonight to buy our son a CRF70 for his birthday. We had a ball buying $300 worth of boots and apparel and figured we would get the bike on the way out. We figured that the advertised price of the bike was fair and it would only take writing a check and wheeling it out. WRONG!
Price was advertised around $1300. That seemed fair and I figured another $130 for tax and lic. WRONG!
$800 more in b/s fees. Every thing from assembly and prep. WTF. Assembly and prep? One or the other, not both. They also double charged for tax and lic. They wanted $280 for tax and lic. not $ 140
On top of that they wanted 2% if I used my cash back mastercard. Angie says thats B/S what if I pay by check? He replies thats 2% also (check guarantee fee) What if I pay you cash? The asshole says "you want to drive around to save $20.00?" He said that if we didn't use their credit card, they would charge 2% more.
Guess what A$$ hole not only am I going to go somewhere else I'm returning the $300.00 in crap I just bought.
We go up to the counter and ask for a manager and the girl just rolls her eyes. Now I'm really pissed. Forget it just give me my money back!
WTF does a salesman care if he can make a quick sale with no hassel? When I was in sales I would take any offer just write it up, get it done, and get back on the floor so I can sell some more. Not the clowns that work there. We had to interrupt two of the 8 that where standing around talking. BTW, isn't it the sales manager's job to tell me what the bottom line is?
Oh well I've vented. Anybody know a good shop that I can buy my kid a CRF70 without using a Honda card?

dmontzsta
12-07-2007, 12:45 AM
OTDcyclesports.com done deal.
Malcom Smith pulls the same crap with the assembly, etc...
It is illegal to charge for using a credit card though.

12-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Bert's Mega-Mall in Covina. Ask for Jason, tell him his Howard biatch sent you.
-----Rob

SummerBreeze
12-07-2007, 04:43 AM
Ouch! That sucks Im glad you took back everything. Merry Christmas:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-07-2007, 05:16 AM
LOL, this thread was brought up just in time for Christmas :D There is another shop in Temecula now, it just opened. They have a great selection of gear, not as much as the big C, but good enough for me. They also have bedroom stuff for the kids and kids sleeping bags with M/C riders on it, lunchboxes, etc. I don't remember the name, but it's right next to Bootbarn off the 15 in Temecula/Winchester off-ramp. They also have a repair shop. Temecula MotorSports still seems expensive, but I guess Jeff talked to the right person a couple of years ago. They charge all the bs charges. However, they didn't charge extra if you didn't use their card. I don't remember if Jeff paid by check or card, but I know there was no extra charge for it. Good luck everyone with your shopping.
PS, I haven't been back the Chapparel since and have no need or intention to. Plenty of other shops out there.

Cigalert
12-07-2007, 05:16 AM
I'll be handing out free spoons for an ass eating to anyone that has had their balls chaffed Chaparral Motorsports. The little elf looking fawker Joel can eat my ass first. That little fukstick doesn't know I made a copy of the paperwork he stole.
In fact it's 5:12 am...I'm going to send him a text message and wake his pointy nose up.
Text sent.

jdogginla
12-07-2007, 05:54 AM
http://www.otdcyclesports.com
La cycle is the above link. Very simple...go online, pick your bike they will send you a quote for an out the door price. NO haggling, nothing. I took their price and tried to get it beat at 3 other places....no once could come within 500 bucks of their price. Went there, loaded bikes up and was gone in 30 min.

48hr club
12-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Berts in covina does the same thing, but the info is on the price tag of the bike. my cousin in new york owns a bike shop and this is added mark up so you can haggle the price down a little so you feel like you got a great deal.
B.S. is right!

BoatPI
12-07-2007, 06:43 AM
It is against the bank and most all credit card contracts with retailers to charge for the use of the card or to impose a minium charge for use of Visa or Master Card/charge.

superdave013
12-07-2007, 06:51 AM
It is against the bank and most all credit card contracts with retailers to charge for the use of the card or to impose a minium charge for use of Visa or Master Card/charge.
So how does AM/PM get away with it? They dink me 0.45 every tank O gas. I see other places doing it all the time as well.

Pheelin Phroggy
12-07-2007, 06:53 AM
I bought my last quad at Sun Motorsports in Corona.. looked at Chapparral and they were dicks... but they had the "OTD" price I was looking for until they added the other crap.... SUN matched the exact OTD price with no extras and loaded it up for me.. they do not keep a large inventory.. but took care of us.

soupersonic
12-07-2007, 07:36 AM
In 2002 i bought a new Raptor 660, i saw an advertised price at this place on Scottsdale Rd that seemed real good,plus Yamaha had $300 in accessories. I went there to buy the bike and the little bastard didnt want to give me the $300 worth of accessories that Yamaha was offering. As i turned to walk out he said " fock you then " because i wasnt buying the bike. I had some choice words for him and his manager along with an invitation to finish the conversation out side.Then i went to Champion in Mesa, i ended up telling them what happened and the guy says "oh , we are their parent dealership" or something to that effect. Wrong answer skippy i ended up buying from a place in Star Valley near Payson. Four Seasons i think its called. Straight shooters and no city sales tax.

Sportin' Wood
12-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Buy one online and have it shipped in..Or buy the 06 TTR - 125 LE we have here. :D
Haha Look at the date, He stepped up to a TTR125 a few months ago.. Anyone looking for an 05 CRF 70 for christmas.. I kicked him off it before he was able to thrash it. I'll be happy to double charge for it, but I don't offer a Sportin' Wood credit card.:D
BTW Chaparel can still eat my Ass.

Caribbean Jet
12-07-2007, 07:48 AM
I've had the best luck with this store. Great people, great prices and great service I would also recommend LA motor Sports. They're worth the drive.

BiggusJimbus
12-07-2007, 07:56 AM
So how does AM/PM get away with it? They dink me 0.45 every tank O gas. I see other places doing it all the time as well.
That's a POS PIN transaction. Basically, an ATM style deal and not a "Credit" transaction. Subtle but important difference. Especially if you are buying something and want to take advantage of Visa or Master Card protection services.
Always sign when you are buying an object or service whenever possible. The seller will usually prefer you do the PIN transaction because their fees are often less. Not sure if that is still the case, merchant practices may have changed in the last couple years. I suspect Rex could speak to the accuracy of my statement.

BoatPI
12-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Most credit card providers and associated abnks chage anywhere between 2% and 4%. Small retailers often pay the most. Large retailers like Best Buy, have seperate CC agreements so they pay a preset percentage. As mentioned debit card transactions are a completly different issue. the place I was associated with was hit only 30 cents per transaction. It is generally a one time fee not a percentage of charge like credit cards. hence Arco charges abour 40 cents for a POS gas transaction and they do not accept credit cards only branded debit cards.

Dave C
12-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Ditto. The same company has a dealer in Norcal too. I bought two bikes
Price is as quoted on the web or by phone. In & out fast. Simple, no hassle transaction, NO B.S..... It was a pleasure doing business with them.
AND they even give you 10% off gear with your bike purchase.
http://www.otdcyclesports.com
La cycle is the above link. Very simple...go online, pick your bike they will send you a quote for an out the door price. NO haggling, nothing. I took their price and tried to get it beat at 3 other places....no once could come within 500 bucks of their price. Went there, loaded bikes up and was gone in 30 min.

Lavey5150
12-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Ditto, Chapparral can suck my ass as well...................

meaniam
12-07-2007, 09:24 AM
chappy blows. i bought my trx400ex at Bert's. saved $1800.00 don't know how they get to pull the shit they do with advertising. it is a clear mis rep. at chaparral you will go one a bike 500 below msrp. And when they are all said and done it is msrp plus 1000-1500 over on a year old bike. I have always thought about challenging this legally. it is unethical. you cannot even opt for a bike without assembly or prep.
Bert's has their fees for prep and assembly. But when I asked for otd. I didn't have to wait 4 hours. And it was still less then msrp. By a couple cents.
Chaparral is worse then any car dealer I have ever seen by far.
John burr is fair.
O.C. Honda is completive just Bert's was closer for me.
Another thing that pisses me of is chaparral has to special order almost every part. My quads are an 05 03 and 01. Why do they have all that space if they don't carry shit. and special order 2 days means 2 weeks.

Brewzed
12-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Kirt is the go to guy when it comes to dirt toys.

catman-do
12-07-2007, 09:35 AM
If you are looking at straight best price, I always find either LA Honda or HAHM Motorsports to be the best priced. Chap-my-ass always seems the most. Mountain Motorsports and John Burr are rip offs as well. Ask them how much a Rhino is, you will laugh all the way to your car!

bonechip
12-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Yes I agree, chaparrel suuuuuuuuuccccckkkksss.

Brewzed
12-07-2007, 09:59 AM
If you are looking at straight best price, I always find either LA Honda or HAHM Motorsports to be the best priced. Chap-my-ass always seems the most. Mountain Motorsports and John Burr are rip offs as well. Ask them how much a Rhino is, you will laugh all the way to your car!
I bought my Rhino at John Burr when they were hard to find in '06 for $10K OTD. I've bought 2 bikes from them as well and beat OTD motorsports price.
The best thing to do is get the email quote for OTD motorsports (which is usually the best OTD price you will find) and take it to a local dealer. 9 times out of 10 the local dealer will match it.

Mrs.charitycase
12-07-2007, 10:12 AM
That sucks. Great customer service is a must!!

Jordy
12-07-2007, 10:14 AM
That sucks. Great customer service is a must!!
Or at least some good eye-candy. :D :D :D

Mrs.charitycase
12-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Or at least some good eye-candy. :D :D :D
Yep....... :D :D

TeamGreene
12-07-2007, 11:00 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44700&stc=1&d=1197054295I know that this is out of the way for some of you but you won't find a better guy to deal with than Tony. Come on up the hill and support a local guy!!!!!!!!:)

dmontzsta
12-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Dont forget about West Coast Motorsports in Perris, CA.
They seem to be pretty decent.

Tom Slick
12-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Good advise, OTD has the best, no bullshit prices on Honda's anywhere in So.Cal, however most of the time you can get an email OTD price quote and take it to any of your local Honda dealers and they will match the price from OTD Cycles, because they want your business and don't want to loose it to OTD Cycles. Saves you a trip out to LA!

BoatFloating
12-07-2007, 12:00 PM
LOL, this thread was brought up just in time for Christmas :D There is another shop in Temecula now, it just opened. They have a great selection of gear, not as much as the big C, but good enough for me. They also have bedroom stuff for the kids and kids sleeping bags with M/C riders on it, lunchboxes, etc. I don't remember the name, but it's right next to Bootbarn off the 15 in Temecula/Winchester off-ramp. They also have a repair shop. Temecula MotorSports still seems expensive, but I guess Jeff talked to the right person a couple of years ago. They charge all the bs charges. However, they didn't charge extra if you didn't use their card. I don't remember if Jeff paid by check or card, but I know there was no extra charge for it. Good luck everyone with your shopping.
PS, I haven't been back the Chapparel since and have no need or intention to. Plenty of other shops out there.
Company is Power Sports Warehouse on Madison. next to Bull BBQ.

catman-do
12-07-2007, 05:37 PM
I bought my Rhino at John Burr when they were hard to find in '06 for $10K OTD. I've bought 2 bikes from them as well and beat OTD motorsports price.
The best thing to do is get the email quote for OTD motorsports (which is usually the best OTD price you will find) and take it to a local dealer. 9 times out of 10 the local dealer will match it.
When I was dealing with them, they wouldnt match what LA Motorsports had. I had called around to over 20 different places and went online to check different places, actually the best price was some place in either Louisianna or Wisconsin? and they delivered for cheaper than what it would cost out here. I (being the OCD freak I am) had a spreadsheet I was doing of everyones prices OTD, john burr wouldnt come close. They did try to argue the customer service part though, which I can honestly say they do have excellent customer service, but I work on my own bikes. All I care about is the bottom line.

Dribble
12-07-2007, 06:48 PM
OTD just opened up here and they're kicking everybodys butt on prices for everything.

boat boy
12-07-2007, 06:58 PM
I can tell you I bought the last thing from them I'll ever buy from there again. I need a ball joint removed and a new one pressed on. I all ready had this work preformed once at Beaumont Yamaha, they charged me $25.00 for the labor that took 15 min., bought another joint from Chapperel and went to their service department since I was there...gave me an estimate of 1 hr @ $80/hr...agreed that it would only take a few minutes and I could pick it up the next day as service was backed up...I left the parts with the agreement that there price was only an estimate...by God they charged me the estimated amount...told them they were full s+-h and vowed never to due business with them again.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-07-2007, 08:53 PM
AM/PM doesn't take credit cards (at least that's what they told me and why I don't shop there). They charge you that for your debit card.
I like to use my credit card to get free air miles. I don't have a visa/mc symbol on my ATM card. And I'm not going to pay them to use my atm card when I'm buying something from them. That's how they charge you 2 cents less a gallon. They make it up in the debit card service charge.

rcfan
12-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Call mid-cities in paramount. Ask for the owner chad, and tell him urr scenario, and I am almost sure he will take care of you. They are a family owned business, and are heavily involved with honda corp., and truly
believe in good customer service. But, go straight to him.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Company is Power Sports Warehouse on Madison. next to Bull BBQ.
That's it. Thanks.

Kokopelli
12-08-2007, 08:17 AM
John was a friend, God Speed. He lived in Yucaipa also. We rode together at times & our kids rode all the time. They are a no BS shop. And if you need the extra bling for the bikes, call IMS Racing another Yucaipa boy.
Late, Mike
Ditto for John Burr.
Mike, Wes (John Burr) is my nephew and lives two doors down.

westair
12-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Good advise, OTD has the best, no bullshit prices on Honda's anywhere in So.Cal, however most of the time you can get an email OTD price quote and take it to any of your local Honda dealers and they will match the price from OTD Cycles, because they want your business and don't want to loose it to OTD Cycles. Saves you a trip out to LA!
Tried that, didn't find any dealer that could match LA Cycle Sports price, one did come within 200.00 and I took cause it was only a couple miles from my house.

wakemaker
12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
dont waist you time driving all the way to chapperall chances are you local shop can help you better and will defininatly care more about customer service this letter proved it to me. pass it on
OK in October I received some money for my birthday not a lot but enough to buy a few things. In your catalog #75 dirt 06 on page 75-96 there is an o'neal hydration pack #023-1425-103 listed for $30.99. I bought 2 plus another 5 or 6 items about $200.00 total. my son and his friend were there his friend spent another $60.00.
when I went to check out the pack was at the warehouse no problem I could go get it I was just glad you had everything and I got out in one trip. the cashier gave me the total and it seamed about $30.00 high so I looked at the prices in the computer and the packs were set a $44.00 ok price changes happen I understand so the cashier explained that there was nothing she could do I understand so a "MANAGER " comes over says "I'm sorry we must have new stock and they cost us more so that's the want it or not". Kind of shocked buy lack of customer care or service and again understanding prices change being in the automotive business myself, I asked for a 10% discount on the packs not on the other $120.00+ worth of parts that any shop in the country would give almost anybody, that would be what $9.00, minimal and I thought fair for find a mistake in the catalog.
with that the next response "no I can't do that ether do you still want them" instead of me storming out with four letter words I am famous for I just said ok. I guess I'll take them. its 10 to 6 closing time I went over to get a sticker I waited for about 5 minutes @ a LOCKED (wtf) sticker cabinet and gave up on that cause I was told if I wasn't at the warehouse by 6 I was out of luck. great now thing are really starting to eat at me to were I'm getting pissed.
Ok maybe I'm over reacting, but I purchased a motorcycle from Chaparral last year. I have spent thousands of dollars with Chaparral over the 16 years I have been shopping there because of the great service and prices there but now that you are so big that seams to have all changed I don't see the great deals on last years or out dated gear anymore. All I got was do you "want it or not" . Hopefully I can get over this but if that's the way you do business now I don't see you being around much longer anyway. Between the "hurry and get to the warehouse or they are going to leave". shows me they don't give a shit. and the you have 12 people behind you and want to close who are paying customers so I don't give a shit "do you want them or not".
Well thank for reading this I have never done a letter this long but I just think that whole thing was wrong
and if I don't at least here back from you I will have to go to more than one place to get my parts for my 3 bikes I have now and what ever I get in the future. I already ripped off the chaparral stickers from the 110 and put Temecula Motorsports ( that they gladly gave me free yours cost?) on the fender of my yz400f. they a least give me 10% and good service so most time I don't even ask. I don't know what will change my feeling but your reply will weigh greatly on my support and business with Chaparral.
Thanks again for you time,
yes i wrote it ya its bad grammer spelling etc . but i was pretty mad I dont normaly write letters to complain . support your local shop who ever you are comfortable with dont drive an hour you wont save anything. Im no pretty well in with 74 motorsports helpful people that accually ride.
Once you go to a local store a few times they will know you are going to spend more there and will give discounts more and more. I 'm glad to see i'm not the only one who hates them:devil:

Bow Tie Omega
12-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Those guys are a friggen nightmare. I had a Big Yamaha SUV (the 4 seat wave runner). Cool ride, except for the fact that I kept burning up piston rings in the thing and would end up going down a cylinder. This was purchased brand new and happened 4 times within the first 50 hours of operation. I told them it was as if it was not getting oil, it was a two stroke, but was oil injected. They said it was fine. They finally told me they were done and it was operator error, no longer a warranty issue. Dicked around with the lemon law, except it does not apply with watercraft. Took it to Malcolm Smith, they called Yamaha and figured out there were 4 other Yamaha SUV's with bad oil injection systems. They made the proper repairs and never had a problem with it again.
Screw that place. Do not buy gloves from that place, they will find a way to screw you. I am suprised with all of the other reputable businesses out there that they have not been put out of business yet.