PDA

View Full Version : Words of Wisdom..Show up to court when told!!!

NOTALENT
05-17-2005, 12:05 PM
I had gotten an extension after the 1st month..and when it came down to the day...I had something come up and wasnt able to attend..turns out they issued me a warrant! I went in today and found that out...Now I have to go to court!!! Damn it! So much trouble for something that could have been avoided!!! :burningm:

TheLurker
05-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Chalk that up to the school of hard knocks.
My advice never mess with the courts or the IRS.

Scream
05-17-2005, 12:11 PM
When I was younger and stupid(er) I let a simple fixit ticket go to warrant. Just thought it would go away...OOOPS!
This was back in the '80s and then a FTA was $450.00. :sqeyes:
Better to take care of it ASAP then to let it get out of hand.
Scream

my21advantage
05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
I had gotten an extension after the 1st month..and when it came down to the day...I had something come up and wasnt able to attend..turns out they issued me a warrant! I went in today and found that out...Now I have to go to court!!! Damn it! So much trouble for something that could have been avoided!!! :burningm:
What was the warrant for? I hope just a traffic ticket... :eek:

superdave013
05-17-2005, 12:15 PM
until you die the closest thing to god is standing in front of a Judge. Do not piss that guy off.
"I had something come up and wasnt able to attend"
Give me a break bro. Nothing can come up on court day. :hammer2:

Boozer
05-17-2005, 12:19 PM
All I can say is be thankful that you weren't informed of your warrant by a pissed off cop putting hand cuffs on you. Whether you go to jail for a petty traffic violation or murder you're treated the same way in jail and get to sit right next to guys who are in there for murder, assault, etc..

NOTALENT
05-17-2005, 12:20 PM
What was the warrant for? I hope just a traffic ticket... :eek:
2 stupid tickets...wrong place at the wrong time..thing...The one night im not drinking im carrying a open bottle of jeger for some girls through a parking lot to a friends car before a club..and I had to take a leak so I went behind a grocery store in a closed off Dumpster area because the line to the club was too long and they wouldnt let me in....I guess theres alot of trouble at the club so undercover narks patrol..so im in the area taking a leak and a chick cop comes up shines the light and says "can I have a word with u when ur done"...and they got me for both things.. :(

NOTALENT
05-17-2005, 12:23 PM
until you die the closest thing to god is standing in front of a Judge. Do not piss that guy off.
yes it can. my job is more important than a court date. no job no money..then where would I be??? smart ass.. :D

Her454
05-17-2005, 12:26 PM
True, so true. I got a fix it ticket for no front plate, THE LIGHT OUT ON THE REAR PLATE and I didnt have my drivers license with me. I sold that car 2 weeks later and also moved within a month. I never received the ticket in the mail, and forgot about it. This was in 02'.
I got another ticket a few months ago, for speed but in the same f**&ing county and went to court on it last month. The judge reduced it for me and when I went to pay it they asked me which ticket I was paying, the 2100.00 one or the 240.00 ?? I almost had a freaking heart attack. I JUST now made my court appt for next monday to clear up the forgotten fix it f' up. What do I do, just tell them I forgot and I cant clear it up now and hope he reduces it? I HATE GOING TO COURT, IT MAKES me sick to my stomach. :( Especially when I know I screwed up and let something slip.

LHC30Victory
Do you know the difference between a Federal Judge and God?
God doesn't think he is a Federal Judge :eek:

RiverToysJas
I suppose he might let you slide if you hooked up with two chicks at the same time!
RTJas :D

slink
05-17-2005, 12:28 PM
yes it can. my job is more important than a court date. no job no money..then where would I be??? smart ass.. :D
Make sure and tell the judge this :smile: They love a sense of humor

NOTALENT
05-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Make sure and tell the judge this :smile: They love a sense of humor
haha.nope..I take full blame and knew the outcome would be something of this sort.. but to hard to find a new job. Id rather pay a few extra bucks then lose a job..bankruptcy is not an option in my book :hammerhea

Ziggy
05-17-2005, 12:34 PM
One day you will learn........... :rolleyes: And as Slink said...make sure to tell the judge the same thing...
Kids :rolleyes: LOL

Boozer
05-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Is that what happened to you with that detective that was calling you a while back? What ever happened with that?
Totally different. The detective thing got squashed quickly after I gave my statement and the liar accusing me confessed to fabricating the whole story.

WYRD
05-17-2005, 12:41 PM
I have some more words of wisdom for you brandon...........when you go to court and they find you guilty.................don't pick up the soap :idea: :supp:

C-2
05-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Maybe you'll get lucky and have to appear before that judge who uses a stun gun in her courtroom. Elvira something..
The lady is off her rocker...one day myself and an attorney were standing in the hall when this freak went walking by - when court came into session, it was the freak on the bench! I later heard about the stun gun story, and yup, it was the freak.
Good luck and wear thick clothes.

THATJEFFGUY
Chalk that up to the school of hard knocks.
My advice never mess with the courts or the IRS.
I wish I woulda known that BEFORE this damn IRS audit ! :angry2:

NOTALENT
I have some more words of wisdom for you brandon...........when you go to court and they find you guilty.................don't pick up the soap :idea: :supp:
haha..I saw what they planned to bill me by mistake...it's not pretty..the public defender said he would have it dropped at least half.. :rolleyes: believe that when I see it...on the plus side..my boss said he is going to increase my bonus this month to cover it!!!whoohooo!! :cool:

Jordy
05-17-2005, 12:48 PM
my boss said he is going to increase my bonus this month to cover it!!!whoohooo!! :cool:
But he wouldn't let you off for a couple hours one morning to go take care of it? It's always silly excuses with you... :rolleyes:

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Better hope you dont get found guilty on the pissing in public charge. I am almost positive you have to register as a sex offender after one of those.

NOTALENT
05-17-2005, 12:50 PM
But he wouldn't let you off for a couple hours one morning to go take care of it? It's always silly excuses with you... :rolleyes:
nope..it would have meant possibly losing autzone as a customer..there a biiiiigggg account.

NOTALENT
05-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Better hope you dont get found guilty on the pissing in public charge. I am almost positive you have to register as a sex offender after one of those.
no its not..someone else brought it up..so I asked the judge..he said no. :D

jackpunx
05-17-2005, 12:52 PM
haha.nope..I take full blame and knew the outcome would be something of this sort.. but to hard to find a new job. Id rather pay a few extra bucks then lose a job..bankruptcy is not an option in my book :hammerhea
Your job security is so flimsy that you would loose it to take a day off for court?..

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-17-2005, 12:55 PM
no its not..someone else brought it up..so I asked the judge..he said no. :D
Thats good, That would be some chicken shit!

Jordy
05-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Your job security is so flimsy that you would loose it to take a day off for court?..
That, and then:
nope..it would have meant possibly losing autzone as a customer..there a biiiiigggg account.
You must have a great relationship with your customers too. :rolleyes: ;)

jackpunx
05-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Sorry didn’t get a chance to read this before I posted.. but all the same.. Sounds like you could do some preventive maint on these accounts so that they are not in such jeopardy..
I understand.. I work in the sales industry.. we have to jump through hoops to keep accounts.. But if you think that if your freedom comes anywhere close to keeping or loosing this account..
Go spend a holiday weekend in jail and watch your prioritize change right in front of your eyes
Not bashing. Just speaking from experience.. and .. well.. you did put it on the internet

ChumpChange
05-17-2005, 01:07 PM
I have nothing more to say than I hope you don't delete this thread like the last time you got flamed all over ***boat. These are some of the most fun threads to read.
Guess you're not above the law like you thought?

NOTALENT
05-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Sorry didn’t get a chance to read this before I posted.. but all the same.. Sounds like you could do some preventive maint on these accounts so that they are not in such jeopardy..
I understand.. I work in the sales industry.. we have to jump through hoops to keep accounts.. But if you think that if your freedom comes anywhere close to keeping or loosing this account..
Go spend a holiday weekend in jail and watch your prioritize change right in front of your eyes
Not bashing. Just speaking from experience.. and .. well.. you did put it on the internet
Should have clarified..not saying I would have lost the job...but a pretty damn good chance..It was a last minute meeting concerning there pricing and warrantys..unforutunatley it got pushed over to the wrong day. We just picked them up, took them from jasper. So we couldnt have prevented it. No worries on the bashing...I posted to hear thoughts and opinions..Theres just some people who tend to be so arrogant to think its because im young :D right..because only young people would have done this...and for them implying im a kid...haha..may look like one..but far from... :yuk:

superdave013
05-17-2005, 01:11 PM
skip court, get locked up because you showed the judge "NO RESPECT", loose job because he put you in the clink.
Now where are you? Prolly getting porked by some big tattoed guy. lol
Not hating ya bro, we've all been young and would all love to go back with what we know now!

NOTALENT
05-17-2005, 01:12 PM
I have nothing more to say than I hope you don't delete this thread like the last time you got flamed all over ***boat. These are some of the most fun threads to read.
Guess you're not above the law like you thought?
Why would I delete it...??? maybe u did not read..but I take full blame and knew the outcome would be something of this sort. I went to court the next week..not like I was hiding from it... :confused:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
05-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Do you know the difference between a Federal Judge and God?
God doesn't think he is a Federal Judge :eek:
i have an uncle who;s a federal judge. I can't wait to tell him that one!!

NOTALENT
05-17-2005, 01:18 PM
skip court, get locked up because you showed the judge "NO RESPECT", loose job because he put you in the clink.
Now where are you? Prolly getting porked by some big tattoed guy. lol
Not hating ya bro, we've all been young and would all love to go back with what we know now!
theres no possibility of getting locked up??? ur implying..I went to court 2 business days later... :confused:

TheLurker
05-17-2005, 01:18 PM
we've all been young and would all love to go back with what we know now!
Isn’t that the truth.

Boatcop
05-17-2005, 02:09 PM
People who don't take care of tickets and get warrants issued or their license suspended seem to have the WORST luck. :rolleyes:
Every one I've stopped and arrested for that are on their way to the court or the DMV to "take care of it".
Never mind that the warrant's been out for a year and the license has been suspended 3 times in the last 2 years. And their tags are expired for 8 months. We always seem to catch them on that particular day when they're on their way "to take care of it". (Even at 3:00 in the morning.)
Yeah Right! And I was born falling off the turnip truck last night.

NOTALENT
05-17-2005, 02:14 PM
People who don't take care of tickets and get warrants issued or their license suspended seem to have the WORST luck. :rolleyes:
Every one I've stopped and arrested for that are on their way to the court or the DMV to "take care of it".
Never mind that the warrant's been out for a year and the license has been suspended 3 times in the last 2 years. And their tags are expired for 8 months. We always seem to catch them on that particular day when they're on their way "to take care of it". (Even at 3:00 in the morning.)
Yeah Right! And I was born falling off the turnip truck last night.
haha..imagine that..fortunatley he just had to look at the dates to realize it. :D

mbrown2
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
How about go to jail = no money, no job, something turns from misdemeanor to felony due to lack of appearance and items turn to warrants=future backgrounds for jobs get screwed...... :sleeping:

cdog
05-17-2005, 02:47 PM
WOW......I had no idea I was in the presence of perfect law abiding citizens here on this board. Give it a rest.... Have you nothing better to do? How about me reminding you about drinking and driving next time I see one of you at the Zoo chugging beers. Lighten up.....

Jordy
05-17-2005, 02:49 PM
How about me reminding you about drinking and driving next time I see one of you at the Zoo chugging beers.
I think that subject is a couple threads over. :D

Dribble
05-17-2005, 04:03 PM
.so im in the area taking a leak and a chick cop comes up shines the light and says "can I have a word with u when ur done"...and they got me for both things.. :(
You should have showed her your wang and asked if she wanted to know how it feels to make love to a real man. Maybe she would have let you off. :rollside: