PDA

View Full Version : Speeding ticket question for CHP

SCUBA STEVE
05-18-2005, 01:41 PM
A co-worker of mine got a ticket on the 10, going 85 in a 65 zone.
VC 22349. Her question is in the speed section, there is a box that says special, they wrote 259 in it.
What does 259 mean?
Thanks

TheLurker
05-18-2005, 01:47 PM
I don’t know but I’ll guess… " Fines Doubled in Construction Zone” You know the ones where no construction has gone on or it has been done for the past year.

SCUBA STEVE
05-18-2005, 01:49 PM
I don’t know but I’ll guess… " Fines Doubled in Construction Zone” You know the ones where no construction has gone on or it has been done for the past year.
LOL, That would suck. :p

lucky
05-18-2005, 01:49 PM
i'm thinking he did not give you a break and wrote ya for 15 mph over

Newcastle
05-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Could mean anything. If he got radar'd, could be the radar gun # he used that day. If he was paced, could be the Chippy's unit # he was driving. All that stuff can be brought up in court and Chippy man would have to provide last date of calibration etc...might just be notes for him

Waldo
05-18-2005, 02:15 PM
James "Bubba" Stewart's his favorite SX rider???

my21advantage
05-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Could mean anything. If he got radar'd, could be the radar gun # he used that day. If he was paced, could be the Chippy's unit # he was driving. All that stuff can be brought up in court and Chippy man would have to provide last date of calibration etc...might just be notes for him
I think it's the radar # also. Section 22349 V.C. only states exceeding the maximum speed limit (in this case 65 pmh). There is a different section 22350 V.C. - ecessive speed for prevailing conditions but this applies mostly to city streets. Either way you look at it, it's a speeding ticket :cry:

Hallett19
05-18-2005, 02:31 PM
its one of two things, either he was doing special detail doing speed only task force stuff or he was on overtime, probably because of the recent freeway shootings. hope that helps

SCUBA STEVE
05-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Thank you all. :cool:

Brooski
05-18-2005, 02:55 PM
I just talked to a CHP buddy of mine. That box is used for tracking some type of special enforcement i.e. airplane enforcement, area tracking, etc. More for statistical purposes.

SCUBA STEVE
05-18-2005, 04:34 PM
I just talked to a CHP buddy of mine. That box is used for tracking some type of special enforcement i.e. airplane enforcement, area tracking, etc. More for statistical purposes.
Thank you.
She was all worried that she was going to get some extra fine or something.
Myself I don't even pay attention to all that, just the speed part. lol

MudPumper
05-18-2005, 04:52 PM
There is a different section 22350 V.C. - ecessive speed for prevailing conditions but this applies mostly to city streets. Either way you look at it, it's a speeding ticket :cry:
22350V.C is the Basic Speed Law which states that no person shall drive faster than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at the speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.
This applies to ALL roadways not mostly to city streets. :)

my21advantage
05-18-2005, 05:24 PM
22350V.C is the Basic Speed Law which states that no person shall drive faster than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at the speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.
This applies to ALL roadways not mostly to city streets. :)
I know safe for prevailing conditions.... I was just being vague about it :cool:

Ziggy
05-18-2005, 05:31 PM
I know safe for prevailing conditions.... I was just being vague about it :cool:
What about the "Safe Speed" rule/law? Something a LEO once told me is that there is a way to legally exceed the posted limit if conditions are 'perfect' in all regards. Visibility, tires, weather, traffic and so on? Not that I want to test his story but I've often wondered if others have ever heard this?

Kokopelli
05-18-2005, 05:51 PM
What about the "Safe Speed" rule/law? Something a LEO once told me is that there is a way to legally exceed the posted limit if conditions are 'perfect' in all regards. Visibility, tires, weather, traffic and so on? Not that I want to test his story but I've often wondered if others have ever heard this?
Good luck with that one. However, the maximum speed code that Scuba's friend was cited for is an absolute. You cannot exceed the maximum speed limit and try the safe speed angle.

Ziggy
05-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Good luck with that one. However, the maximum speed code that Scuba's friend was cited for is an absolute. You cannot exceed the maximum speed limit and try the safe speed angle.
True, true......I think he was talking more about surface streets because I do recall that it did not apply to the Max. Federal speed limit or something like that....

Waldo
05-18-2005, 07:31 PM
waldo, great minds stick together, as soon as i saw that, i was thinking the same exact thing. i read the replies and saw you beat me to it, funny s hit right der !! :cool: - keyes
Yeah, that's too funny...I always relate everything to either motorcycle/motorcycle sounds (braaaaaaaappppppp) or boating/boating sounds (wa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa). My wife laughs at me all the time.

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 08:23 PM
So where is all the CHIPPIES... I know there is a ton of them on here.....

RidinRed
05-18-2005, 10:33 PM
i believe this is correct. The LEO may have been referring to "Prima Facia" (sp?), this is on the face of things and loosely refers to the posted speed limit. does not over ride the Max Speed Laws of the state. BoatCop? any others?