PDA

View Full Version : Trident Twin Turbo Engine Candy

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 09:56 AM
In a world of stock power options, plastic covers, carburetors and outdrives... we are going to give you something really, really cool to pop the hood and look at.
Acres of polished aluminum and stainless!
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/turbo_install.jpg
Just a little sneak peek at our new stock induction system. Turns out that Carson Brummett builds a pretty bitchin twin turbo system. The motor is the Marine Assault 522 Merlin built by Infomaniac, and coupled with a very advanced injection system with computer controlled boost, timing and fuel. The exhaust will be stainless, jacketed and muffled as well.
I can't wait!
Just thought I would share...

Mandelon
05-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Is that the exhaust running off to the rear quarters? Off to the side instead of the transom? That ought to give them fits at the Havasu Marina....LOL

Hustler
05-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Looks sweet Wes. How come your not doing rail kits in there?

Tom Brown
05-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Looks beautiful. :cool:
Do you have polishing cloths with the Trident Custom Boats logo embroidered on? :D

lucky
05-19-2005, 10:02 AM
i'm more interested int the dual drives -- jets ????
very nice rig job :D

Dave C
05-19-2005, 10:03 AM
tease :p

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Is that the exhaust running off to the rear quarters? That ought to give them fits at the Havasu Marina....LOL
Yeah. Havasu marina is going to have an aneurism. They are going to love not being able to hit us. 1000+ horsepower on tap and quieter than any stock boat with through the hub exhaust.
The exhaust exits as low as you can get it, and totally out of any entrapped area like a swimstep or transom enclosure. This will be as quiet as you can get a boat. Turbos, mufflers, cats, below the waterline and wet tailpipes.

riverbound
05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Congrats.. looks good. Cant wait to see it on the water.

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Looks sweet Wes. How come your not doing rail kits in there?
We may. My motor attachment system is still in development. I like rail kits, but I need production volume install time. Plus, I haven't seen one I like yet.
We may be building something to suit.

sigepmock
05-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Looks amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 10:06 AM
i'm more interested int the dual drives -- jets ????
very nice rig job :D
Yes, Dual Drive jets. Great setup. I can't wait....

Scream
05-19-2005, 10:07 AM
That's gorgeous, I'd love to see one up close...soon me thinks, soon

Hustler
05-19-2005, 10:09 AM
So when are we hitting the water? :D

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 10:14 AM
So when are we hitting the water? :D
Soon as the dyno work is done. I am rigging the motor right now for the exhaust. I picked up the turbos on Monday and couldn't be any happier. What a good fitting kit. Well thought out and engineered etc...
Dyno soon. Memorial day is getting in the middle of the whole deal, but hopefully by the next couple of weeks we will be ready for getting wet.

trailerpark_tj
05-19-2005, 10:16 AM
So is the exhaust going to be located in the same position as your model? Looking good, I like the front fold down ramp too.
http://www.tridentboats.com/gal/data/2/1DSC04862-med.JPG

Sleek-Jet
05-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Wow... your crew never ceases to amaze, Wes.
Everyone at Trident should be proud of what they've accomplished.

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 10:17 AM
So is the exhaust going to be located in the same position as your model? Looking good, I like the front fold down ramp too.
Yes. More or less exactly. It gives us a lot of room for the cats and mufflers while really cleaning up the engine compartment.

Mandelon
05-19-2005, 10:19 AM
I dunno Wes, it kinda looks like a giant Seadoo....... :p :p

NashvilleBound
Looks great. Any pictures of the rest of the boat too?

Froggystyle
Wow... your crew never ceases to amaze, Wes.
Everyone at Trident should be proud of what they've accomplished.
In the words of Harvey Keitel as "The Wolf"...
"Let's not start sucking each other off yet."
We have a lot of work to go still, but I can see the end now.

Cole
05-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Wes,
what kind of performance difference are you expecting with the "dual jet vs outdrive"? I understand safety benefits with the jet, but if you are throwing 1000 hp at it will it have a top end any where near 100mph?

dirty old man
05-19-2005, 10:23 AM
very interesting project. I'm sure the exhaust will be jacketed when done, right? when is test date and where?

It's Only Money
05-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Interesting design. What is the expected price range for this boat? Has that been determined yet?

Cole
05-19-2005, 10:28 AM
I dont think that model does justice to the pics that I have seen!!!!
The real one does not look at all "seadooish"!!!

BarryMac
05-19-2005, 10:29 AM
The engine looks great Wes, I can't wait for the results of the wet test. I know it hasn't been on water yet but can you estimate with the power and hull what kind of speeds your going to see? Inquiring minds wanna know...

HCS
05-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Very nice eye candy. I've been watching for your updates. :)

h2oski2fast
05-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Did you get all the cam specs from Carson or did Info come up with the grind?

NashvilleBound
05-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Ya, I have to go along with that. The real boat that I have seen in person is nothing like the model. Its a very nice design, great craftmanship and I would happy to own one. Truth be known, the time frame of the Trident and my needs for a boat this summer just didnt come together. I think Wes is doing a top notch job on every aspect of this new boat.

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Looks great. Any pictures of the rest of the boat too?
Yeah... but not for you Magic boy! ;)
Here is some shots of the side and jets for everyone else...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/trident_rigging.jpg
And here are some shots of the seats we are building. The amps are in an enclosure in the rear, and the Marine Machine controls are in the armrest.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/seat_pics.jpg

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Did you get all the cam specs from Carson or did Info come up with the grind?
Carson and Ron came to an agreement on the cam choice together. This is a team!

Cole
05-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Is R&D marine involded with the dual jet production?

Hallett19
05-19-2005, 10:48 AM
.... and to think the morning I was sleeping in the guest room with the pizz you walked in saying "i'm going to build my own boat" and me thinking, "okay Wes, settle down, we'll go to starbucks in a bit buddy" .... and look at you now, got a f-ing SWEEEET looking boat almost ready for water time :D You make me so proud man !!

NashvilleBound
[QUOTE=Froggystyle]Yeah... but not for you Magic boy! ;)[QUOTE]
Whohhhhh Frogster.....lol...no name calling. (shaking my head)..."Magic Boy"..... :hammerhea :hammerhea I think thats going to leave a scar;)

Froggystyle
Wes,
what kind of performance difference are you expecting with the "dual jet vs outdrive"? I understand safety benefits with the jet, but if you are throwing 1000 hp at it will it have a top end any where near 100mph?
My official estimate is that the power and top speed will be "adequate" ;)
How fast does an Escalade go? Doesn't really matter does it? This is a party boat with an absolute pile of power for lower speed operation, skiing, wakeboarding, cruising with a ton of people in the boat etc... Top speed is icing on the cake for me. I am sure it will be plenty.
The big deal is that the boat is so light that with 14 hot chicks in it it will weigh the same as an empty magic, eliminator, conquest, ultra etc. Somewhere between 1500 and 2000 pounds lighter by all estimates.

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Whohhhhh Frogster.....lol...no name calling. (shaking my head)..."Magic Boy"..... :hammerhea :hammerhea I think thats going to leave a scar;)
Hehe... I understand completely Jeff. I have job to do though. I can't rush it at this point. Trust me, no one wants to see this thing selling more than me.

ROZ
05-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Looks great, Wes..... I was in your hood yesterday, and I'm pissed I didn't stop by to see this monster!!!

Cole
05-19-2005, 10:56 AM
so your saying that every Trident comes with 14 chicks!!!!
IM IN..........

NashvilleBound
05-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Hehe... I understand completely Jeff. I have job to do though. I can't rush it at this point. Trust me, no one wants to see this thing selling more than me.
And our time frames being different just didnt work out. I wouldnt rush it either.....you are doing the right thing! I still want a ride in one if you'll let me..... i will be in San Diego from @ the 3rd to the 10th of June.

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 11:05 AM
And our time frames being different just didnt work out. I wouldnt rush it either.....you are doing the right thing! I still want a ride in one if you'll let me..... i will be in San Diego from @ the 3rd to the 10th of June.
Interior depending, we may be on the water by then.
Right now my big hurdles are the interior, the front ramp and the engine tuning.

RiverOtter
05-19-2005, 11:07 AM
:hammer2: Nashville<=BigMoneyMagicBoy=>bound :hammer2:
:D

HCS
05-19-2005, 11:11 AM
You might want to have an optional extended rear deck for teak surfing.
I see the exhaust will be positioned right so that consumers will not have to worry about carbon monoxide fumes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Always got to be one in the crowd. :D

NashvilleBound
05-19-2005, 11:13 AM
:hammer2: Nashville<=BigMoneyMagicBoy=>bound :hammer2:
OK Ottster....enough from you. BTW....ready for Monte Eagle this weekend? I need some snails....(I will call ahead) :rolleyes:

BADBLOWN572
05-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Who are you planning on using for the interiors? Is Cuting Edge still doing all of the billet hardware?
Looks Sweet, BTW.

RiverOtter
05-19-2005, 11:16 AM
OK Ottster....enough from you. BTW....ready for Monte Eagle this weekend? I need some snails....(I will call ahead) :rolleyes:
We are free Friday night :D

ROZ
05-19-2005, 11:21 AM
i will be in San Diego from @ the 3rd to the 10th of June.
You must have heard the Bizarre in oldtown is closing... That means there's a Mexican Food place shuttin down :cry:

NashvilleBound
05-19-2005, 11:28 AM
We are free Friday night :D
Tomorrow...7pm?

NashvilleBound
05-19-2005, 11:28 AM
You must have heard the Bizarre in oldtown is closing... That means there's a Mexican Food place shuttin down :cry:
Perfect timing..... :supp: :supp: :supp:

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 11:41 AM
Who are you planning on using for the interiors? Is Cuting Edge still doing all of the billet hardware?
Looks Sweet, BTW.
We are doing our own interiors. All of the seat backs, foam and covers (no wood) are cut by CAD/CAM and sent to us to assemble. Katzkins is doing the covers.
Cutting edge is not currently doing any of our billet, though the shop that it emerged from did quite a bit for us initially.

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 11:42 AM
You might want to have an optional extended rear deck for teak surfing.
I see the exhaust will be positioned right so that consumers will not have to worry about carbon monoxide fumes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Always got to be one in the crowd. :D
Depending on how easy it is to get in and out of the boat we may add another swim step off the back over the jets.

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Looking good Wes! :cool:

RiverOtter
05-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Tomorrow...7pm?
Just tried to call the boss. Can't find her. She doesn't understand the concept of the power button on her cell phone :rolleyes: But I'll be seeing here in the next 30 min or so. I'll call ya. 7 sounds good to me.

RiverOtter
05-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Tomorrow...7pm?
We're on 7PM :cool:

Sleek-Jet
05-19-2005, 12:30 PM
In the words of Harvey Keitel as "The Wolf"...
"Let's not start sucking each other off yet."
We have a lot of work to go still, but I can see the end now.
"It's all about the merchandising"
-Yougurt in "Spaceballs"

HCS
05-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Depending on how easy it is to get in and out of the boat we may add another swim step off the back over the jets.
That would make for a good sun/party deck. You wouldn't want to sacrafice looks though....... :)

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 12:38 PM
That would make for a good sun/party deck. You wouldn't want to sacrafice looks though....... :)
The one I would build would be fiberglass gelcoated to match, and would be actually in the water at rest. It would look fly.

dbddbd
05-19-2005, 12:39 PM
You got that right mr. Style :D

HM
05-19-2005, 12:47 PM
The one I would build would be fiberglass gelcoated to match, and would be actually in the water at rest. It would look fly.
What about one that folds down like the one in front, but have it so you can walk on it in the up or down position?

Jordy
05-19-2005, 01:49 PM
That's sick. Can't wait to party test it. I'll bring my A game. :D

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 01:56 PM
That's sick. Can't wait to party test it. I'll bring my A game. :D
You'll need it.

boosted350
05-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Nice setup! Good to see someone realized the potential of Turbos with an electronic fuel injection set-up :D

Cs19
05-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Which dual drive intake are you using? Looks like something Harold Bruce was doing for a while..

jdogginla
05-19-2005, 02:19 PM
What's the ball park on this rig? :cool:

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 02:25 PM
What's the ball park on this rig? :cool:
We aren't setting pricing until we finish with all of the dealership relationship stuff, but it will be just over $160K all said and done.

ahhell
05-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Yes, Dual Drive jets. Great setup. I can't wait....
ok ...start bagging on jets now.... :D :D

Dr. Eagle
05-19-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm with you... I think it looks cool. Besides just think how you could whup ass on one of those Sea Doo boats looking for a race... :hammerhea
Not seadooish at all.

RiverDave
05-19-2005, 04:09 PM
The turbo's are the icing on the cake. Nice Job Wes, I hope everything comes together well for you. :) Incidentally I'm still sour on the whole jet thing.. ;)
RD

ROZ
05-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Incidentally I'm still sour on the whole jet thing.. ;)
RD
Because it won't work backward? :D

HCS
05-19-2005, 04:16 PM
The turbo's are the icing on the cake. Nice Job Wes, I hope everything comes together well for you. :) Incidentally I'm still sour on the whole jet thing.. ;)
RD
Makes me wander how those jets are going to make the boat handle.
I am not familiar with the duel jet set up at all. What is the turning capability going to be? At higher speeds that is.

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Because it won't work backward? :D
No. Jet envy mostly. ;)

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Makes me wander how those jets are going to make the boat handle.
I am not familiar with the duel jet set up at all. What is the turning capability going to be? At higher speeds that is.
Same as any other jet boat I imagine... stellar.

HCS
05-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Same as any other jet boat I imagine... stellar.
So say on smooth flat water for instance. Your counting on a flat quick smooth turn. Or with a quick punch of the throttle a fast turn where the back kicks around?

Phat Matt
05-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Looks good Wes. Get that thing finished so we can do some partying!!! :cool:

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 04:28 PM
So say on smooth flat water for instance. Your counting on a flat quick smooth turn. Or with a quick punch of the throttle a fast turn where the back kicks around?
Not sure how the inner tunnel wall will work for a skidding turn. I think it will want to track nicely through the whole turn. V bottom jets skid because of the force of the thrust and the fact that they will skid. I don't remember my Daytona ever skidding though. I don't think it would. I imagine if you were trimmed all the way down though and had nothing but throttle in it on a tight turn you may blow the rear... who knows???
Not flat either. We have turning/lifting strakes designed to lift the outside of the boat in turns and slide the outer sponson around. It will turn on the inside sponson, which should lead to an inside lean in turns. Should be very confidence inspiring.
Great question though. We will find out in a couple of weeks I am sure.

RiverDave
05-19-2005, 04:32 PM
No. Jet envy mostly. ;)
In your dreams frogman... LOL :D
RD

mike37
05-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Froggystyle
gota say thats a damn good looking boat :D and a bad ass motor to

wsuwrhr
05-19-2005, 04:53 PM
RD
So you like blowing up outdrives?
Brian

RiverDave
05-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Brian
There's several propulsions available that would work fine with that package.. To be honest I'd bet the boat being as light as it is, would probably work with a built Bravo style drive.
RD

HCS
05-19-2005, 09:22 PM
There's several propulsions available that would work fine with that package.. To be honest I'd bet the boat being as light as it is, would probably work with a built Bravo style drive.
RD
With 14 people on board? :D ;) lol.

XtrmWakeborder
05-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Test it on the 4th at parker froggy!!!! haha looks sweet man! did i miss something, why did u change from superchargers?

Freak
05-20-2005, 03:57 AM
I vote for billet.

riverrunner
05-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Looks like it's finally coming together. I'm sure it's going to work bitchin with the jets.. It's looking great! without trying to sound like a total ass hole, do you really think you'll be on the water in a couple of weeks this time? I seem to remember hearing that you were going to be testing in about two weeks for the past year and a half.

Boozer
05-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Test it on the 4th at parker froggy!!!! haha looks sweet man! did i miss something, why did u change from superchargers?
I think he had an issue with Whipple. There's a thread here somewhere where he mentioned it. Personally I think the turbo option is a far better one anyhow. Considering that turbo's are using energy that would normally be wasted they are far more efficient then super chargers. Not to mention nothing sounds better then two big ass turbos spooled up and whizzing away.

Froggystyle
05-20-2005, 09:19 AM
Looks like it's finally coming together. I'm sure it's going to work bitchin with the jets.. It's looking great! without trying to sound like a total ass hole, do you really think you'll be on the water in a couple of weeks this time? I seem to remember hearing that you were going to be testing in about two weeks for the past year and a half.
Well, frankly I have been 90% done with 50% to go for quite some time. Development is a total bitch. Nothing goes smoothly. This would have been very easy to get "on the water" but not easy at all to do it my way. Everything is different when everything is different! The interoperability issues, the systems engineering, the sourcing, selecting components, removing components that didn't look or work right etc... for example, right now Brian (wsuwrhr) is going to be milling up a rail kit very shortly because of the fallout on the other thread in just jets. I wanted a rail kit, development was a bitch but we have decided it should have rails and a CNC'd motor setup. That means designing and producing the rail kit, removing the motor, installing the rail kit, removing the rail kit, sending to powdercoat, receive from powdercoat, install on motor, re-mount motor and go from there. All to be essentially right where I am right now but with the finished part.
I personally don't think there is a strength or looks issue with the Glenwood mounts. They are nice polished aluminum pieces, built in starter mount and bell housing and a four point stringer mount. Other than trick... I don't know what I will gain from a rail kit.
We have always erred on the side of trick though, and when a thread comes up with a pair of polished snails and a bitchin new boat that nobody has ever seen before and the topic of conversation is the motor plates... you need to step up and go trick.

novaguy
05-20-2005, 11:53 AM
We are doing our own interiors. All of the seat backs, foam and covers (no wood) are cut by CAD/CAM and sent to us to assemble. Katzkins is doing the covers.
Cutting edge is not currently doing any of our billet, though the shop that it emerged from did quite a bit for us initially.
Holy Shiat!!! It is looking great Wes...You mean to tell me that D&S isn't doing your interior?:D

Taylorman
05-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Is the ride plate going to be as long as the one on the model in the picture?

Froggystyle
05-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Is the ride plate going to be as long as the one on the model in the picture?
I believe so, yes. Harold is putting that and the jets together shortly.

RiverDave
05-20-2005, 01:31 PM
We may. My motor attachment system is still in development. I like rail kits, but I need production volume install time. Plus, I haven't seen one I like yet.
We may be building something to suit.
What is it that you don't like about all the rail kits that you've seen?
RD

Froggystyle
05-20-2005, 01:48 PM
What is it that you don't like about all the rail kits that you've seen?
RD
How deep they go in front. I need to keep it off the floor some since we have a 1.25" thick cored bottom. Most jets keep the front rail just an inch or so off the bottom if installed properly. My oil pan damn near sits on the intake bolts.

schiada96
05-20-2005, 02:06 PM
How deep they go in front. I need to keep it off the floor some since we have a 1.25" thick cored bottom. Most jets keep the front rail just an inch or so off the bottom if installed properly. My oil pan damn near sits on the intake bolts.
You could use a Z extrusion for the rails

MAXIMUS
05-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Well, frankly I have been 90% done with 50% to go for quite some time. Development is a total bitch. Nothing goes smoothly. This would have been very easy to get "on the water" but not easy at all to do it my way. Everything is different when everything is different! The interoperability issues, the systems engineering, the sourcing, selecting components, removing components that didn't look or work right etc... for example, right now Brian (wsuwrhr) is going to be milling up a rail kit very shortly because of the fallout on the other thread in just jets. I wanted a rail kit, development was a bitch but we have decided it should have rails and a CNC'd motor setup. That means designing and producing the rail kit, removing the motor, installing the rail kit, removing the rail kit, sending to powdercoat, receive from powdercoat, install on motor, re-mount motor and go from there. All to be essentially right where I am right now but with the finished part.
I personally don't think there is a strength or looks issue with the Glenwood mounts. They are nice polished aluminum pieces, built in starter mount and bell housing and a four point stringer mount. Other than trick... I don't know what I will gain from a rail kit.
We have always erred on the side of trick though, and when a thread comes up with a pair of polished snails and a bitchin new boat that nobody has ever seen before and the topic of conversation is the motor plates... you need to step up and go trick.
If I may step in here & offer some sound advise! Forget the engine rail bull shiat & get the damn thing on the water! When you go into production then you can dimension the engine in the boat & fab from there... You can & will drive yourself crazy trying to please everybody with the proto type. I would assume you will have your hands plenty full just working the bugs out of the dual jets, that motor & a proper hardware set up... I would "rough" the boat out first, then drive the piss out of it. Shake down all the bugs then go back & glam it out! :cool:

Tom Brown
05-20-2005, 03:36 PM
If I may step in here & offer some sound advise! Forget the engine rail bull shiat & get the damn thing on the water! When you go into production then you can dimension the engine in the boat & fab from there... You can & will drive yourself crazy trying to please everybody with the proto type. I would assume you will have your hands plenty full just working the bugs out of the dual jets, that motor & a proper hardware set up... I would "rough" the boat out first, then drive the piss out of it. Shake down all the bugs then go back & glam it out! :cool:
... oh... and one more thing... Maxi forgot to mention that you should trick it out with dual starters.

MAXIMUS
05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
... oh... and one more thing... Maxi forgot to mention that you should trick it out with dual starters.
2 starters would be smart, :idea: 4 would be smarter! :hammerhea :notam:

riverroyal
05-20-2005, 04:00 PM
i have that same welding hood,all I need now is the motor

Racer277
05-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Wes, I am digging all the new things you are doing to this boat.
One question (that may be covered on you site): Are the jets counter-rotating? Would there be a similiar advantage (as with out drives) to this?
Just wondering.
Beautiful boat.
Keep On Working....

Dr. Eagle
05-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Brian
Dude, Jets SUCK...
OR blow, depends on which end you're near... :D

Froggystyle
06-01-2005, 07:20 AM
Wes, I am digging all the new things you are doing to this boat.
One question (that may be covered on you site): Are the jets counter-rotating? Would there be a similiar advantage (as with out drives) to this?
Just wondering.
Beautiful boat.
Keep On Working....
The jets are not counter rotating. They both turn together and are standard jets bolted to a common intake.
Here are a couple of pics of the fab work on the turbo outlets/intercooler inlets completed.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/new_inlets_small.jpg

BarryMac
06-01-2005, 07:24 AM
The jets are not counter rotating. They both turn together and are standard jets bolted to a common intake.
Here are a couple of pics of the fab work on the turbo outlets/intercooler inlets completed.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/new_inlets_small.jpg
Looks great Wes, I gotta get down and see it again in person...

Racer277
06-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Very cool!
Think I'll buy some stock in Tie wraps..... :cool:

Froggystyle
06-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Very cool!
Think I'll buy some stock in Tie wraps..... :cool:
Well, that is all just the mock up system.
Interesting thing about tie wraps for small gauge sensor and injection wires. Use too many and they increase the load on the wire and give you weird signals sometimes.
We are probably going to switch to a tech-flex system on the engine management. Not just for the impedance reason, but because it drains easily if it gets wet.
All of those cool 90 degree angles look great behind the dash but they add resistance and wear to the wire itself. They don't like making hard turns.
Here is the dashboard. You can see it is done with looser curves, which as it turns out is a hell of a lot harder to keep symetrical and clean looking...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/wiring.jpg

2sand2
06-01-2005, 10:42 AM
that boat is looking too good, cain't wait to see it on the water..