PDA

View Full Version : Honestly ...Would You ???

Liberator TJ1984
05-22-2005, 08:01 AM
Have a tracking device planted on your children if it was made availible to you????
With all the kidnappings and murders of kids these days,and the difficulty in finding them :( .... I would for sure :idea:

cola
05-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Have a tracking device planted on your children if it was made availible to you????
With all the kidnappings and murders of kids these days,and the difficulty in finding them :( .... I would for sure :idea:
The mark of the beast.

Havasu Hangin'
05-22-2005, 08:41 AM
If it would help their resale value on Ebay...I'd do it.
:D

Sane Asylum
05-22-2005, 08:56 AM
If it would help their resale value on Ebay...I'd do it.
:D\
:D :D Now I don't care who ya are.....that right there's..........Nevermind......

Mandelon
05-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Do you think it is a worse problem today.....or are we just more aware of it cuz of the news? There's always been kidnappers and child molesters, and there are way more people than there used to be.
I remember riding my bike off in the morning and being gone all day, riding off in the mountains or taking the bus to the beach. I would not think of letting my kids do this today.

burtandnancy
05-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Don't you have to respect what John Walsh said, we have an ankle bracelet on Martha Stewart but there are 100,000 child molesters, murderers and rapists running around and we don't know where they are...

Scream
05-22-2005, 09:35 AM
I think the problem is worse, and here's why.
When we were kids, we'd run around the neighborhood, usually without shoes or socks, having fun till the sun went down or we heard our dad's whistle that it was time to come home. We could be on the other side of town and we'd hear that whistle BECAUSE IF WE DIDN'T WE'D BE DEAD! Most parents were encouraged to spank thier kids as a direct and painful consequence to wrong doing or wrong thinking. While some adults have obviously taken that too far (physical abuse, shaken baby syndrome) many good people were a result of having absolute results for wrong doing/thinking. We were inhibited from causing trouble and knew that if we did we'd pay, usually within minutes or at least hours of the crime...
Nowadays parents are so against disciplining thier children, they don't have the inhibitions that would normally keep those bad feelings in check and keep them from committing any crime, much less the heinous acts that we see today...Remember that it's the behavior we lean as children that makes us the men and women we are today...With that said, there are a few things to think about with kids and discipline...
1. Your kid may be Gods gift to the world in your eyes, but to everyone else, they're just kids and can and will mis behave...Keep them in check so someone else doesn't have to.. I usually have no problem telling a kid to behave in front of thier parents, but why should I, I'm not the parent...
2. If your child is running amok in a restaurant, that's cute for about 1 MINUTE, and then it's anoying, keep that in mind...lol
3. If a kid comes to your house and doesn't follow your rules, kick thier buttocks out and tell them they can return when they follow your rules...you don't need to cowtow to other peoples discipline problems...
4. If your kid makes a mistake, correct them and move on...Don't dwell on it and make sure you tell them you love them...If they do it over and over and over again, it's a behavior issue and needs to be dealt with...This will save you attorneys fees later...
These are only the first 4 of several of my beliefs...RAISE YOUR CHILDREN TO BE GOOD SOLID CITIZENS and they will be...Don't leave it up to others to do for you, it's not thier schools business, it's not thier church's business, it's not thier team/troop/groups business, it's the parents business...
Scream....
Mr. Opinionated...

Liberator TJ1984
05-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Mr.Opinionated :wink: well put !!!
That is how I grew up and my children also, With fear of GOD and our Parents and friends .....
I would not track my child for life or infringe on their "freedom"
I just think with all that is going on , I would be a little easier to rest while my 9yr old boy is out on a bike ride if he had some sort of tracking device on him.....he is a well mannered boy ,and stays out of trouble by all means....
There are just too many people out there trying to Prey on our children that THEY cannot control....
True , on the News last night a lady was Knocked down by 2 young men who stole her Newborn Baby > that still has not been found < if a chip or something could have been planted at birth ,MAYBE?? they would have been located by now ??or sooner
Later in life when the kids turn 14-16 yrs old enough to handle things , remove it so they can live their lives...
this would also aid Police and all involved in these cases

doesitfloat?
05-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Scream, excellent response..I couldn't agree more. There was consequences to our acions as kids...not now.
Mandelon, I was going to post a thread earlier just about your signiture because it is so right on! I spent last weekend with some long time friends who I hadn't seen in awhile. It had been about 7 years since I had spent some time with them as a family and the boys are now 15 and 10. Here are just some of the problems that I observed over 4 days:
15 year old: sneaking beers and getting drunk and passing out
parent says: "no more beer for you, okay honey?"
15 year old: back talking, disrespecting, etc.
parent: "he just needs some love, come here and give me a hug"
15 year old: just 3 days prior to this weekend, was spinning donuts in a mall parking lot, t-boned a teen age girl in a car, and rolled the truck (alocohol prob involved)
15 year old: during this 4 day period, police called to say that they were charging the boy with assault for a fight that sent another boy to the hospital for days.
parent: hugs him after the phone call to say "it's going to be all right"
10 year old: walking around the public campground with beer and a cigar (yes, smoking it).
parent: "honey, at least put it in a container"
10 year old: piss drunk, rolling around on the dirt laughing and screaming
parent: "honey, you're embarassing us...please stop"
The kicker to all of this is that the mother is a former cop. I left this vacation so disappointed and outraged by my friends (the parents) parenting skills that it will be hard for me to view them the way I used to. Worse, they don't realize what a disservice they are doing to their kids and, ultimately, society.

Phat Matt
05-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Scream, excellent response..I couldn't agree more. There was consequences to our acions as kids...not now.
Mandelon, I was going to post a thread earlier just about your signiture because it is so right on! I spent last weekend with some long time friends who I hadn't seen in awhile. It had been about 7 years since I had spent some time with them as a family and the boys are now 15 and 10. Here are just some of the problems that I observed over 4 days:
15 year old: sneaking beers and getting drunk and passing out
parent says: "no more beer for you, okay honey?"
15 year old: back talking, disrespecting, etc.
parent: "he just needs some love, come here and give me a hug"
15 year old: just 3 days prior to this weekend, was spinning donuts in a mall parking lot, t-boned a teen age girl in a car, and rolled the truck (alocohol prob involved)
15 year old: during this 4 day period, police called to say that they were charging the boy with assault for a fight that sent another boy to the hospital for days.
parent: hugs him after the phone call to say "it's going to be all right"
10 year old: walking around the public campground with beer and a cigar (yes, smoking it).
parent: "honey, at least put it in a container"
10 year old: piss drunk, rolling around on the dirt laughing and screaming
parent: "honey, you're embarassing us...please stop"
The kicker to all of this is that the mother is a former cop. I left this vacation so disappointed and outraged by my friends (the parents) parenting skills that it will be hard for me to view them the way I used to. Worse, they don't realize what a disservice they are doing to their kids and, ultimately, society.
That is crazy. I am sure those kids will grow up to be well adjusted contributing citizens. :rolleyes:

Scream
05-22-2005, 12:02 PM
That is crazy. I am sure those kids will grow up to be well adjusted contributing citizens. :rolleyes:
Exactly my point...The juxt of this thread is that we need to electronically monitor our kids to keep track of them because there are so many idiots out there raising future crminals...This is my point (as i've been know to be opinionated).
It is up to each and every one of us to ensure that our progeny are respectable citizens and carry on life in a law abiding manner...I should'nt have to lojack my son or daughter because some low life makes a half assed attempt to raise a looser of a kid...
I'd better stop now or I might just get excited...
Scream

Lake Ape
05-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Why don't you just give your kids to BIG BROTHER so they will be safe! LIVE FREE OR DIE!
I suppose we could also want iris readers at all events and microchips in everyone, cars to be controlled by computer so they can't speed, eliminate money, give out more welfare, outlaw all guns, no motors bigger than 100 C.I., and only missionary sex, all for the safety of the kids. Safety is not in the Bill of Rights and shouldn't be! You don't have the right to be safe!
http://www.clannhoran.com/images/wallpaper-images/Don't-Tread-On-Me-1024.jpg

Boa1277
05-22-2005, 02:25 PM
I dont care what ever it take I will go to whatever means necessary to protect my child if it means implanting a chip until he is able to at least protect himself so be it. Yeah this is not a Democracy in my household, I am king and it it my job to protect my subjects(Kids) so you can take the Big Brother mumbo jumbo and preach it to some one who cares. He will have plenty of time to be free and blah blah blah after the age of 18 but until then I feel his actions are my responsibility, so if he was smoking cigars, drinking, backtalking adults and not showing proper respect, well guess what punishment will be delivered, and I can guarantee you it will not be in the form of a HUG, more like a size 13 shoved up his ass. He gets plenty of hugs when he acts the way he should and luckily I have a great kid, so he gets plenty of hugs (knock on wood) But I will tell you this he does fear the punishment process. Just my take on this.

doesitfloat?
05-22-2005, 04:10 PM
I dont care what ever it take I will go to whatever means necessary to protect my child if it means implanting a chip until he is able to at least protect himself so be it. Yeah this is not a Democracy in my household, I am king and it it my job to protect my subjects(Kids) so you can take the Big Brother mumbo jumbo and preach it to some one who cares. He will have plenty of time to be free and blah blah blah after the age of 18 but until then I feel his actions are my responsibility, so if he was smoking cigars, drinking, backtalking adults and not showing proper respect, well guess what punishment will be delivered, and I can guarantee you it will not be in the form of a HUG, more like a size 13 shoved up his ass. He gets plenty of hugs when he acts the way he should and luckily I have a great kid, so he gets plenty of hugs (knock on wood) But I will tell you this he does fear the punishment process. Just my take on this.
I agree completely. I shower my kids with love, support, praise, encouragement, etc. They know that their parents are there for them. BUT, we do not hesitate to discipline them or come down on them when necessary. And CONSISTENCY is so important.
Lake Ape, I respect your views but don't agree. This is about protecting my kids as best I can NOT spying on them or following them. I would never "track" them on a date but I'm sure the relatives of the 2 missing siblings (Friday) up here in Idaho would die to be able to find their kids right now instead of possibly never finding them (or their bodies :( )
Also, go easy on the bold, large print. It's kind of like the guy that screams louder thinking that his point will be more valid with volume.

Lake Ape
05-22-2005, 04:33 PM
OMFG!
That is what you say now, but with every increment of "SAFETY" that you take to "protect" your kid you are hurting the chances that in the future they will really know what it is to be free and to live in America. It's this for the safety of the kids bull that really scares me. My parents took care of me, and it has been that way for generations don't pass your responsibility of parenting on to technology and BIG BROTHER and in the process take some of my freedoms away. IT DOESN'T TAKE AN F%$*ing VILLAGE!

LHC30Victory
05-22-2005, 05:43 PM
I agree with Scream (to a point) and mostly with Lake Ape!
look at some of these responses- you are doing just what others you agree with are decrying, not taking responsibility. I agree more with putting these chips in the convicted criminals = all of them not just the pervs. Make them responsible for their behavior then take the free time we have to raise our children in a fashion depected in Scream's first post.
While I will be at the front of the pack to safeguard my children, I will not succumb to some sort of Orwellian electronic device to do that. This seems like a "slippery slope" deal.

doesitfloat?
05-22-2005, 06:08 PM
OMFG!
That is what you say now, but with every increment of "SAFETY" that you take to "protect" your kid you are hurting the chances that in the future they will really know what it is to be free and to live in America. It's this for the safety of the kids bull that really scares me. My parents took care of me, and it has been that way for generations don't pass your responsibility of parenting on to technology and BIG BROTHER and in the process take some of my freedoms away. IT DOESN'T TAKE AN F%$*ing VILLAGE!
There's definitely some truth to the continuing erosian of our rights (privacy, etc). But our society, unfortunately, is going toward the direction of "the blame game" i.e. it's always someone elses fault. It used to be that when a teacher called a parent to complain about the kid, the parents almost always sided with teach and came down hard on the kid. Now adays, the parents lash back at the teachers saying, "you're picking on my kid". This, and many, many other similar "not my problem, not my fault, not my kid" scenarios are creating (as stated previously) a bunch of irresponsible, reckless, selfish people who don't or can't appreciate the rights (or feelings) of others. This has been a gradual but very definitive shift in parenting over the last 20+ years and isn't going to get any better. So, at some point, we "responsible" parents have to start looking at the changing landscape and do whatever we can to protect our own.
Truthfully, I probably wouldn't ever "implant" something into my kids but I can see a reasonable argument for it.

Krazy K
05-22-2005, 06:54 PM
....Yeah, in prison!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-22-2005, 07:56 PM
No flippin' way. See my sig line, it says it all.
1984 scared the crap out of me. I see it coming true every day and that also scares the crap out of me. If you haven't read the book, I highly suggest it. It's an easy read.

moneypit
05-22-2005, 08:04 PM
No way.....My family has zero incidence of child abduction.... Although it happens in society, I just cant justify news and governmental hype of child abductions with placing a tracking device into the subdermal layers of my kid. :cool:

termiteguy
05-22-2005, 08:20 PM
yes iwould only if i had full control and nobody else could access it :idea:

Havasu_Dreamin
05-22-2005, 09:15 PM
If some cities are currently using similar types of devices to return run away dogs to their rightful owners, why not for kids given all of the kidnappings recently? I understand that is not the best of analogies, but I think everyone can understand the comparison I am trying to draw.