PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Channel Parking

waterdog
05-23-2005, 06:54 AM
Spent some time in the channel on Sunday and couldn't believe how much of the channel has "NO Mooring" signs posted. It knocked out at least 200 mooring spots mostly in the nicer sandy areas and left the rockier ones.
The businesses along the channel are in an uproar and many of the residents disagree with this approach to solve the behavior and nudity issue. On Tuesday night May 24 the city council will be meeting at 7:00 PM and this is one of the agenda/discussion items. For those residents of Havasu please attend to show your dissatisfaction with this No Mooring issue and for those who visit let the businesses you frequent know your concern about this restriction. I understand that the businesses will have a big presence at the meeting. We need to put pressure on the council and the City Manager to go back to the drawing board to come up with other approaches and not try to legislate morality by resticting the parking. And finally, some of the council members that are behind this No Mooring change have been notified that they are being RECALLed and on Sept 13 a special election will be held to elect a new mayor and three council members. This will be the long term solution to remove them from office and put in place officials that will represent the residents and visitors with common sense approaches to issues that arise. See you at the polls.

callbob4homes
05-23-2005, 07:46 AM
Give em hell Dennis! I used to listen to my scanner from my shop when I was there, and lmao when the LE's spent more time trying to find bare boobs than anything else. (ok, I did too, but not for the same reason) I even wrote a letter to the editor once about all the trash left over in and around the channel on a busy weekend. It also contained a ref. to hearing one of the boatcops seeing a blow up doll and trying to find the offender. Now unless it was one of those Canadian (EHH) live action dolls, the blowup dolls I have seen are a far cry from what I would consider anatomically correct, as well as people throwing their empties onto the shore in a general direction of the can and LE just walking by. Lots can be done to clean up the channel action without limiting access. Face it, the channel is the draw for alot of people. Boaters to see and be seen, nonboaters to watch the show. Make people responsible for their actions and get rid of the offenders, word will spread and maybe police itself. I always thought it was funny to read in the paper about the town folks complaining about the nudity. WHY DO THEY KEEP GOING DOWN THERE? cause that's where the action is? Boaters are going to have to help clean up their own act also to keep the channel open IMO. Be responsible and make sure your crew is responsible. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

carbonmarine
05-23-2005, 07:53 AM
POWER TO THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE.
* Can't get any better than that ... :idea:

Big Warlock
05-23-2005, 08:00 AM
You could persuade all the boaters to stay away from Havasu for a weekend. Just one. Go to Mohave or someplace else. Even if you own a home there, just go someplace else for the weekend. Someone who cares and is organized needs to put it together and have a boycott.
The rest will take care of itself.
If no one from there does anything, you will see people leave, housing prices not appreciate, if not depreciate. etc etc.
my .02 cents this morning.
Rob :hammerhea

havaduner
05-23-2005, 08:00 AM
Cruised through on Sat. morning. Was surprised to see that yes, some of the better places to park where gone, and some rockier areas where still open. Unfortunately, by the time we went through, their was no place left to park, which meant two places of business on the island did not see my business. My wife and daughter wanted to check out one of the shops, and I wanted to go to the Javelina Cantina, for hangover relief. Sunday afternoon (2:30 pm) the parking areas where packed, but my buddy and I did find a less than desireable place to wedge into. Another problem I think will be evident next weekend. Some people like to leave some space in between their boat and their neighboors so their kids have a place to play in the water. That real estate may be coveted by somebody else, who decides he/she is coming in no matter what. It could be ugly. Also, I did notice quite a few LE's standing gaurd over the no mooring areas.

boxscore
05-23-2005, 08:05 AM
I've got a novel idea. How about enforcing the current laws, re: nudity, littering, public intoxication. Instead, the punishment is being dealt out to all boaters, and businesses. You'd think that with the HUGE influx of money into the city, they could hire more LE.

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 08:05 AM
You could persuade all the boaters to stay away from Havasu for a weekend. Just one. Go to Mohave or someplace else. Even if you own a home there, just go someplace else for the weekend. Someone who cares and is organized needs to put it together and have a boycott.
If no one from there does anything, you will see people leave, housing prices not appreciate, if not depreciate. etc etc.
They are JUNE 4th weekend
The damn run......
alot of cash being dropped at katherines

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Before we go and slam the cops....
REMEMBER, they didnt make the decision on all this hokey stuff......
The city council and their BOSS did....... they are just doing what they are told to do.......

phebus
05-23-2005, 08:14 AM
There is going to be a lot more piss hitting the water if my family can't hit the beach to use the channel bathrooms. :jawdrop:

Big Warlock
05-23-2005, 08:14 AM
I will be up there for the run at Katherine's. What time is the unofficial departure time? 10:00am?
I hope that others from Havasu will join up and not go to Havasu that weekend. Economic warfare works wonders.

GHTRIM
05-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Give em hell Dennis! I used to listen to my scanner from my shop when I was there, and lmao when the LE's spent more time trying to find bare boobs than anything else. (ok, I did too, but not for the same reason) I even wrote a letter to the editor once about all the trash left over in and around the channel on a busy weekend. It also contained a ref. to hearing one of the boatcops seeing a blow up doll and trying to find the offender. Now unless it was one of those Canadian (EHH) live action dolls, the blowup dolls I have seen are a far cry from what I would consider anatomically correct, as well as people throwing their empties onto the shore in a general direction of the can and LE just walking by. Lots can be done to clean up the channel action without limiting access. Face it, the channel is the draw for alot of people. Boaters to see and be seen, nonboaters to watch the show. Make people responsible for their actions and get rid of the offenders, word will spread and maybe police itself. I always thought it was funny to read in the paper about the town folks complaining about the nudity. WHY DO THEY KEEP GOING DOWN THERE? cause that's where the action is? Boaters are going to have to help clean up their own act also to keep the channel open IMO. Be responsible and make sure your crew is responsible. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
I believe your dead on.... Most of the trash left behind is by "The walkers" and "Boat rental Peeps". 95% of the peeps that own boats and are there week in and week out take their trash out... Although we do get a little rowdy it is nothing which warrants closing large sections of Channel... For me it is BYE BYE Channel... Until they change the parking issue.... Also this does mean my wife will not be shopping in the channel (as she always does) or me having lunch at some of the resturants, Javalina Cantina in particular.
Oh, well.. It only saves me money.. :)

GHTRIM
05-23-2005, 08:28 AM
I will be up there for the run at Katherine's. What time is the unofficial departure time? 10:00am?
I hope that others from Havasu will join up and not go to Havasu that weekend. Economic warfare works wonders.
See ya there... :D

Essex502
05-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Before we go and slam the cops....
REMEMBER, they didnt make the decision on all this hokey stuff......
The city council and their BOSS did....... they are just doing what they are told to do.......
Somehow I don't think the City Council and/or Mayor told the local LEO's to chase the owner of the blow-up love doll! :D That would be one of those "officer's judgement calls" right? :D

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Somehow I don't think the City Council and/or Mayor told the local LEO's to chase the owner of the blow-up love doll! :D That would be one of those "officer's judgement calls" right? :D
Could be true or a complaint......

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 08:34 AM
1000A.M....... They will be at the damn by that time....
They usually leave at 8 on the dot not a second later......

Essex502
05-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Boycotts won't work as there aren't enough people that are serious enough to make any difference. What would work is contacting all of the vendors within walking distance of the channel to inform them of how much business they will be losing if this ban continues. That hits them in the wallet.

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 08:45 AM
Boycotts won't work as there aren't enough people that are serious enough to make any difference. What would work is contacting all of the vendors within walking distance of the channel to inform them of how much business they will be losing if this ban continues. That hits them in the wallet.
They will realize that very quickly.....
Especially the pizza joint.......

GHTRIM
05-23-2005, 08:48 AM
I believe the new "parking" will be boycott enough.... Mayor / city council cut their own throats... They implimented a better boycott than any of us could have organized.. Good job guys...

havaduner
05-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I've got a novel idea. How about enforcing the current laws, re: nudity, littering, public intoxication. Instead, the punishment is being dealt out to all boaters, and businesses. You'd think that with the HUGE influx of money into the city, they could hire more LE.
Box, you hit it straight on. Too bad City Council (s) (all over the place) Can't use common sense when trying to solve a problem.

Essex502
05-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Box, you hit it straight on. Too bad City Council (s) (all over the place) Can't use common sense when trying to solve a problem.
Common sense gets forgotten when someone gets into politics.

callbob4homes
05-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Kilr, not bashing the cops. This is what I heard on the scanner that day about the blow up doll. I thought I was going to spit pepsi all over the place. The silence after that went out was priceless. Also I was walking the channel that weekend and saw the garbage in front of boats and watched a guy sitting in a boat throw his beer can onto the pile already building on the beach and the 2 LE's standing right there watching. They then just walked away. All I am saying is if you don't police yourselves and clean up your own mess (which I am sure most of you do) the end result is the restrictions. Also on a side note when we went out on Monday, we almost never boated on a busy weekend, we picked up 3 or 4 garbage bags of trash on the shore from obviously none boater types. At least they bagged most of it. Too drunk to carry it out most likely. I would at least like to see some littering tickets handed out along with the other stuff they obviously have been told to target. Clean up shouldn't be just about T&A

ClownRoyal
05-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Only thing they are doing is creating more problems by trying to fix one. If it ain't broke then don't fix it. Crack down on the offenders. Enforce the 'No Tolerance' signs. Simple as that.

riverroyal
05-23-2005, 09:28 AM
the signs are up for this coming weekend?or for every weekend from now on?sounds like Im gonna be getting up real early to find a beach for my kids to play on,any beach,any where.

Essex502
05-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Mooring No More? Businesses object to city's efforts to restrict activities in the Bridgewater Channel
By BRIAN DiTULLIO
Saturday, May 21, 2005 10:33 PM MDT
English Village owners are up in arms about portions of the Bridgewater Channel being closed.
According to city spokesman Charlie Cassens, 27 percent of the available moorings, approximately 200 spots, in the Channel were closed this week per direction of City Council at their May 3 work session.
However, items brought up at work sessions can not be voted on and Councilman Don Clark is wondering why his suggestion to reduce the number of closed moorings was not considered. He wanted the issue put on the May 10 regular meeting agenda for a vote.
"They've closed the east bank except for a tiny section," said Mike Sabo, owner of London Bridge Ice Cream. "No one's going to walk all the way from Rotary Park just to get an ice cream."
Clark said he had notified Mayor Bob Whelan of his wish for more discussion, but the issue as not discussed at the May 10 meeting.
"There was no vote taken," Clark said on Friday. "But I guess they thought it was a consensus and I thought it was coming back for a vote."
Clark had suggested a less restrictive plan that only would have affected around 15 percent of the available moorings.
Capt. Randy McCaleb of the Lake Havasu City Police Department said this particular issue didn't require a vote, which was why it already is being enforced.
"According to city ordinance, the city manager has the authority to restrict the amount of moorings in the Channel," he said. "We simply took our direction from council."
City Manager Tim Ernster said he had been down to look at the signs and thought it was a little more than anticipated.
"We certainly don't want to hurt our businesses down there and we'll be taking a look at this at the next City Council meeting," he said.
Mayor Bob Whelan said the current signs are not necessarily permanent and that the City Council would be reviewing the new policy at their next meeting on May 24 to decide if any changes need to be made.
Whelan also said the new policy only was meant for weekends.
"There was not an intent to restrict (moorings) during the week, just the weekends," he said.
Ernster concurred, saying the signs will either have to be changed or covered up and that the restrictions may only be for busy holiday weekends, or on an as-needed basis.
"I've been down there on a Sunday when it isn't too congested," said Ernster. "We may only have to set it up on days when it really gets congested."
"It's going to affect all of us," said Sabo. "It already has, in fact."
Tom Felke, co-owner of Shugrue's, said he consider the Bridgewater Channel part of the Lake Havasu City experience and that having Channel activity is part of the charm.
"If it's a health or safety issue, I have no problem with it," said Felke, "But there's a lot of markets competing for tourist dollars and we don't want to do anything to upset that."
"It's killing business," said Sabo. "We're going to be dead."
Whelan said City Council would be taking the concerns of the business owners into account at the next meeting when the policy is reviewed.
The moorings were restricted as part of a two-phase plan recommended by the police department to better control an increase in outrageous behavior that has caused a rise in arrests, noise and carbon monoxide in the manmade waterway.
Reprinted without permission of the Havasu News Herald
I love the statement: “I thought it was a little more than anticipated” purportedly by the City Manager. Who’s head is up who’s ass?

ClownRoyal
05-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Mooring No More? Businesses object to city's efforts to restrict activities in the Bridgewater Channel
By BRIAN DiTULLIO
Saturday, May 21, 2005 10:33 PM MDT
English Village owners are up in arms about portions of the Bridgewater Channel being closed.
According to city spokesman Charlie Cassens, 27 percent of the available moorings, approximately 200 spots, in the Channel were closed this week per direction of City Council at their May 3 work session.
However, items brought up at work sessions can not be voted on and Councilman Don Clark is wondering why his suggestion to reduce the number of closed moorings was not considered. He wanted the issue put on the May 10 regular meeting agenda for a vote.
"They've closed the east bank except for a tiny section," said Mike Sabo, owner of London Bridge Ice Cream. "No one's going to walk all the way from Rotary Park just to get an ice cream."
Clark said he had notified Mayor Bob Whelan of his wish for more discussion, but the issue as not discussed at the May 10 meeting.
"There was no vote taken," Clark said on Friday. "But I guess they thought it was a consensus and I thought it was coming back for a vote."
Clark had suggested a less restrictive plan that only would have affected around 15 percent of the available moorings.
Capt. Randy McCaleb of the Lake Havasu City Police Department said this particular issue didn't require a vote, which was why it already is being enforced.
"According to city ordinance, the city manager has the authority to restrict the amount of moorings in the Channel," he said. "We simply took our direction from council."
City Manager Tim Ernster said he had been down to look at the signs and thought it was a little more than anticipated.
"We certainly don't want to hurt our businesses down there and we'll be taking a look at this at the next City Council meeting," he said.
Mayor Bob Whelan said the current signs are not necessarily permanent and that the City Council would be reviewing the new policy at their next meeting on May 24 to decide if any changes need to be made.
Whelan also said the new policy only was meant for weekends.
"There was not an intent to restrict (moorings) during the week, just the weekends," he said.
Ernster concurred, saying the signs will either have to be changed or covered up and that the restrictions may only be for busy holiday weekends, or on an as-needed basis.
"I've been down there on a Sunday when it isn't too congested," said Ernster. "We may only have to set it up on days when it really gets congested."
"It's going to affect all of us," said Sabo. "It already has, in fact."
Tom Felke, co-owner of Shugrue's, said he consider the Bridgewater Channel part of the Lake Havasu City experience and that having Channel activity is part of the charm.
"If it's a health or safety issue, I have no problem with it," said Felke, "But there's a lot of markets competing for tourist dollars and we don't want to do anything to upset that."
"It's killing business," said Sabo. "We're going to be dead."
Whelan said City Council would be taking the concerns of the business owners into account at the next meeting when the policy is reviewed.
The moorings were restricted as part of a two-phase plan recommended by the police department to better control an increase in outrageous behavior that has caused a rise in arrests, noise and carbon monoxide in the manmade waterway.
Reprinted without permission of the Havasu News Herald
I love the statement: “I thought it was a little more than anticipated” purportedly by the City Manager. Who’s head is up who’s ass?
I love this one ..."Whelan also said the new policy only was meant for weekends." He must really have his head up his ass. The signs say 'No Mooring Anytime'. Say nothing about Sat-Sun only.

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Again, what is this mooring... unless you are on the wall by the village or at the docks at the LB, you are not mooring...
Has anyone seen the lanauge on the sign and can they post it.....
I beach my boat... BIG difference....

ClownRoyal
05-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Again, what is this mooring... unless you are on the wall by the village or at the docks at the LB, you are not mooring...
Has anyone seen the lanauge on the sign and can they post it.....
I beach my boat... BIG difference....
No Mooring Anytime

1stepcloser
05-23-2005, 10:06 AM
My take here fella's is this is gonna be just like Copper Canyon and the Sandbar.
Major weekends are gonna result in closures or severely limited access.
Steamboat will be next.

Biglue
05-23-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm wondering if the actual wording of the signs can be a worthwhile argument. It would take someone actually getting cited and going through the entire ordeal to see.

ClownRoyal
05-23-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm wondering if the actual wording of the signs can be a worthwhile argument. It would take someone actually getting cited and going through the entire ordeal to see.
Okay...who's going to volunteer? Or we could get about 30 boats and do it all at once. :mad:

LHC30Victory
05-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Not only is the wording possibly in error, but ususally (in CA at least) the local ordinance or state law section must be on the posting as well for the officer to be able to cite for disobeying the signage.
I am nor sure if the AZ laws are the same.....

Essex502
05-23-2005, 10:39 AM
I nominate Kilr to be the victim...ah....challenger to the posted signage. Do I hear a second to the motion?

callbob4homes
05-23-2005, 10:41 AM
won't work, kilr would just badge em! :cool:

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 10:42 AM
AS stated very few people MOOR
By definition, moor is:
make fast (a boat, bouy) by attaching a cable etc, to a fixed object.....
SO when you bring a dictionary to court and qoute what the common man would have knowledge of.....
CASE DISMISSED.......
This is why I ask has anyone seen the actual language of the sign and the written ordinance.....
if it is written moor and nothing more, Shit I will challenge it......

Biglue
05-23-2005, 10:45 AM
It would have to be a stand up citizen for sure. If someone were to try it they better have their sh.. in order. No alcohol or anything on board. You know that on a busy weekend it only takes a small error for officers to walk up the path that's called your ass.

callbob4homes
05-23-2005, 10:48 AM
it only takes a small error for officers to walk up the path that's called your ass.
Now that there is funny :rollside:

Essex502
05-23-2005, 10:49 AM
It might be a moot issue after this week's council meeting. Maybe saner minds will help the others on the council see reason and remove those signs.
Again, as a property owner in Lake Havasu, I wouldn't mind a little higher property tax for a local "enforcement district" to fund additional officers on the weekends to ENFORCE THE EXISTING LAWS. The "No Mooring" or "no parking" or "no beaching" signs aren't addressing the real issue and hurting the businesses that may depend on those folks in the channel.

callbob4homes
05-23-2005, 10:51 AM
If you are in Havasu they televise the council meeting. I don't remember what day, but I'm sure waterdog will know.

havaduner
05-23-2005, 10:54 AM
By definition, moor is:
SO when you bring a dictionary to court and qoute what the common man would have knowledge of.....
CASE DISMISSED.......
This is why I ask has anyone seen the actual language of the sign and the written ordinance.....
The signs say "No Mooring at anytime" with arrows pointing in one direction or the other, or in some cases both ways. Underneath it says "by LHC city code" or something to that effect.
But Kilr, how many laws are on the books these days that can be understood by the common man?

Biglue
05-23-2005, 10:57 AM
God damn, we sound like a couple lawyers don't we? I think it's well worth the cause though.

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 10:57 AM
The signs say "No Mooring at anytime" with arrows pointing in one direction or the other, or in some cases both ways. Underneath it says "by LHC city code" or something to that effect.
But Kilr, how many laws are on the books these days that can be understood by the common man?
That is what judges are for.....
What does the actual ordinance say......

bigkatboat
05-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Paraphrased within this thread, the city council has made an action and then it 'splits up' with "indiviual position changes". "I didn't mean all the time"(mayor) and Don Clark's 'lesser restricted areas'. These are just a few points that make the RECALL ELECTION an important issue. The city council 'jumps to conclusions' and 'quickly acts' with NO REGARD FOR THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THEM THERE! More cops, less signs, and a real effort to ENFORCE THE LAWS already in place. I don't see the council restricting drunks or speeders on Main Street! (lots of bars on McCulloch Blvd.) The uninformed city council has 'branded' ALL THE PEOPLE who use the channel as "trouble makers". They have made no attempt to boost law enforcement of the area and ACTUALLY SITE/ARREST the "trouble makers". But then who on the city council has been in the channel for more than an hour?

J540
05-23-2005, 11:24 AM
. Clean up shouldn't be just about T&A
LOOK back in the day when the Mayor was trying to get the Spring breakers to come to Havasu insted of Palm springs, Because that Mayor was trying to get them out of there. He said bring your G-strings whatever, now they are drive'n it away. Face it not all but a lot of people come to Havasu for the wild fun and Girls. and it brings in a lot of revenue for all the businesses in Havasu, $350 to 400 a night 3 night min,for a place to stay is big money. T&A is BIG revenue for HPD, Think about it $1500 to 750 a wack and lot's of them. F, the trash ticket. Iam not saying let the girls walk around topless, :idea: but they should make it madatory.J/K. We go almost every weekend, and especially on big weekends and i can't tell you how many times i see a girl dancing on a boat going by and almost every boat parked is yelling "SHOW ME YOUR TITS" or just yelling. They should crack down on things but the parking isn't one of them. They left the rocky spots open cuz they know most people wont park there, so again limiting more people in the channel maybe. we can go on an on with this but i dont think flashing is that big of an issue, because my boat isn't getting all banged up from girls showing (.)(.), but it is from people stopping in front of every body or at the wrong time. take the (.)(.) to the sandbar and leave all the fighting at home and police your own possi. If you have a beautiful girlfriend,wife or whatever and she is sport'n a cool suit look'n good and someone hollers at her take it as a complement and keep going or leave her at home. some times it go's to far and then we have to regulate, but if we police our own then places like sandbar won't be closed, and 99% of the time its someone who had to much to drink causing the/a problem.

callbob4homes
05-23-2005, 11:35 AM
preachin to the choir bro. 100% agreement

Mandelon
05-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Those blow up dolls are just plain offensive. The blow up pigs too. :rolleyes: :messedup:
Not that I know anything about that stuff.

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Those blow up dolls are just plain offensive. The blow up pigs too. :rolleyes: :messedup:
Not that I know anything about that stuff.
I heard there is a pig lose in havasu that just spawned its off spring half pig and half MAN-DE-LON

bigkyle
05-23-2005, 06:15 PM
By definition, moor is:
CASE DISMISSED.......
I believe this is the code section they're relying on. Don't remember the code section being cited on the signs this past weekend though.
Section 8.16.130 Mooring in channel.
A. No person shall moor, cause to be moored, parked, anchored or left standing any watercraft in any area designated as a no-mooring area.
B. The city manager is authorized to designate any area within Bridgewater Channel as a no-mooring area and to cause the area to be posted with appropriate signs.
C. No person shall leave moored, parked or standing any watercraft within Bridgewater Channel between the hours of eleven p.m. and five a.m. except upon privately owned property with the permission of the property owner.
D. Subject to rebuttal, it shall be presumed that the registered owner of any watercraft found moored, parked or standing in violation of this section is responsible for such mooring, parking or standing. (Ord. 86-181 (part), 1986: prior code § 16-3-7)

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Ok with the words standing or parked, I will not challenge that......

Mandelon
05-23-2005, 06:42 PM
I heard there is a pig lose in havasu that just spawned its off spring half pig and half MAN-DE-LON
I'll have you know that pig was repo'd by its original owner and no longer in my posession. :mad:

Dr. Eagle
05-23-2005, 06:48 PM
I believe this is the code section they're relying on. Don't remember the code section being cited on the signs this past weekend though.
Section 8.16.130 Mooring in channel.
A. No person shall moor, cause to be moored, parked, anchored or left standing any watercraft in any area designated as a no-mooring area.
B. The city manager is authorized to designate any area within Bridgewater Channel as a no-mooring area and to cause the area to be posted with appropriate signs.
C. No person shall leave moored, parked or standing any watercraft within Bridgewater Channel between the hours of eleven p.m. and five a.m. except upon privately owned property with the permission of the property owner.
D. Subject to rebuttal, it shall be presumed that the registered owner of any watercraft found moored, parked or standing in violation of this section is responsible for such mooring, parking or standing. (Ord. 86-181 (part), 1986: prior code § 16-3-7)
Maybe they'll issue some of those cool parking stickers like they do in San Francisco for cars... with the little letter code...

Debbolas
05-23-2005, 06:49 PM
I'll have you know that pig was repo'd by its original owner and no longer in my posession. :mad:
But we can still bring our maniquins......................right? :idea:

shueman
05-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Signs a surprise to many
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. – New no mooring signs were up along the shores of the channel this weekend and that brought mixed reaction from boaters.
“Today is the first day I have seen it and I think that it is wrong because you only have so much space to park…I have no problem with it as long as I can find a spot to moor; when I can’t it sucks…I actually like it because we try to be more family oriented when we come out here we park at the end away from some of the traffic.”
That is just one of the ways the Lake Havasu City Police Department has proposed to control behavior and boat traffic.
Vice mayor Don Clark said that it is only a proposal.
“We weren’t quite honestly expecting it this quick because we really haven’t even voted on it yet and there needs to be some changes from what has been done,” stated Clark.
The issue will be discussed and possibly voted on during Tuesday night’s City Council meeting.

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 07:28 PM
And this guy was a Marine... DON CLARK needs to be recalled.......
Whats up with old people and parking spots....
http://www.ci.lake-havasu-city.az.us/jpg/council/clark3.gif

Mandelon
05-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Why not some blue sand for Handicapped boaters...... :idea: :messedup:

ZZ-Man
05-24-2005, 06:38 AM
I can only guess that they will probably have odd and even days next...