PDA

View Full Version : springs or bags?

keithmenard
05-23-2005, 09:25 AM
I have an 85 blazer...383 stroker...TPI injection...33in tires on 15's...and a 2.5inch lift.
it seems the back end is a bit lower than the front though...and I am not a huge fan of the blocks the springs stand on...
should I get the air ride bags, or just get the bigger springs?

cc322
05-23-2005, 04:29 PM
I had a 96 Bronco and put air lift springs on it, was the best thing I ever did so my vote is the bags. You will even have a better ride, springs will make it ride rougher. I think I had to keep 5psi in the bags at all times.

tattoo
05-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Bag it! My dad was having a problem with his van when he towed his boat. It would sag in the back. I put on some helper bags for him and it worked out great. He loves them. All my vehicles have air ride. I drive my subrban everyday with bags, even in the snow!

tahitijet
05-31-2005, 08:49 PM
Well in my opinion (and I deal with this everyday) unless you plan to go full time airride and elimnate the springs then level the truck through the suspension. Once you have the suspension level you can then use overload bags to level out towing or hauling loads.
Overload bags are just that load assist there not intended for airride. 5 psi is the minimum that needs to be in those bags all the time but it will take nearer to 30-40 psi to level 2-2.5" at which point your ride is now gone to crap without the extra weight that would normally be required to sag your truck that same 2-2.5"
My advice from a cost stand point and to maintian the current ride is blocks, Not the pep boys blocks but stout large cast blocks. If your agianst that idea then springs or a shackle if they offer it for your truck.