PDA

View Full Version : LAPD Officer Faces DUI Charges After Crash On Lake

MagicMtnDan
05-23-2005, 10:02 PM
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles Police Department officer faces charges, including operating a boat while under the influence, after allegedly crashing a boat into a personal watercraft.
Officer David Guzman (pictured, left) faces charges of boating under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident without rendering aid.
Two people aboard the personal watercraft were injured in the crash Saturday on Lake San Antonio in Monterey County, where Guzman was arrested this weekend. Authorities said Guzman was piloting a 20-foot speedboat.
An 18-year-old passenger on the personal watercraft suffered serious injuries. He suffered injuries to his vertebrae, pelvis, spleen and liver. Surgery was scheduled for Monday.
The operator, a 19-year-old man, suffered minor injuries
"He was arrested for driving under the influence, under the Harbor And Safety Code, for driving a vessel while intoxicated" said Sgt. Catherine Plows of the LAPD. "Officer Guzman is assigned to home, pending further investigation. This investigation is in its infancy. We should not rush to judgement."
The LAPD is conducting an internal investigation.
If felony charges in the criminal case are filed against the nine-year veteran, he must turn in his gun, badge and identification. He would then be relieved from duty.
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0524/4522244_320X240.jpg

Kilrtoy
05-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Dan you are late....
this thread is already up/......

HM
05-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Officer David Guzman (pictured, left) faces charges of boating under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident without rendering aid.
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0524/4522244_320X240.jpg
leaving the scene of an accident (http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/mp3s.cgi?Dumb_And_Dumber=freakout.mp3)

Beer-30
05-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Yikes.

Debbolas
05-24-2005, 10:07 AM
It's on the channel 4 news now :idea:

little rowe boat
05-24-2005, 10:45 AM
It will be interesting to see what if anything happens to this Lapd. officer.
I know recently, in another So. Cal. police department that an off duty officer was driving under the influence t/c'ed left the scene hit and run t/c'ed again causing some injury to to the occupants of the other vehicle,the officer was arrested. Mother f'ed the officers from the arresting agency,the officer was then released to their LT.from their own agency.The DA dropped the charges and the officer was never disciplined.

Biglue
05-24-2005, 10:53 AM
NO this guy is as good as hung in my opinion. I don't think that they would let him out of anything. With all the attention to officer incolved shootings in LA lately, letting this officer off the hook will further promote people believing that cops are untouchable. Accidents happen, but I think this guy f'd up at the wrong time......as a cop. Just my .02

Biglue
05-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Just out of curiousity, what would have happened to him if he stayed at the scene, DUI? Would he still lose his job?
I'm sure he would be severely pusnished and possible charged with the dui and whatever bodily harm charges. I don't know if he would have been fired. At this point he should though. He should have never left the scene. He is a cop, a person who the public relies on WTF. He pretty much left someone for dead. You know that in certain parts of the river that that are isolated that is exactly what would of happened.

1978 Rogers
05-24-2005, 11:18 AM
"Officer Guzman is assigned to home, pending further investigation. This investigation is in its infancy. We should not rush to judgement." Is this like PAID administrative leave. Great example he set here. I hope he gets it. Just my opinion.

Deano
05-24-2005, 11:28 AM
eventhough I think he should burn for running over a PWC and leaving the scene (alot of guys here talk about doing the same thing) Should he loose his job for something he did off duty?
Deano <---walkin a fine line :p

RiverDave
05-24-2005, 11:41 AM
What a crock of shit.. I'm Sorry, but what a crock of shit.
Even the wording on the article is different becuase it's a cop! Remember the guy in the Lavey that ran over the mexican guy on Parker and fled the scene? Go read that article, it sure as shit doesn't say anything about an investigation being in it's infancy and not to jump to conclusions.. It talks about the victims hobbies, family, and what he did on sunday afternoons.. I wish somebody would bring it back up to the top so you could read them side by side.
They didn't even bother saying "Alcohol was a factor" in the collision.. Just that he was arrested for DUI later.
No offense, but if this guy has EVER written a DUI/OUI or any kind of impairment ticket that was LESS THEN what he just go popped for, they oughta string him up by his nuts and then apply voltage.
RD

Biglue
05-24-2005, 11:51 AM
they oughta string him up by his nuts and then apply voltage.
Like I said accidents happen, but you don't leave the guy just injured there. He knows the law, is the law so what is his excuse?
P.S. Don't "EVER" piss Riverdave off. :D

little rowe boat
05-24-2005, 12:26 PM
I know recently, in another So. Cal. police department that an off duty officer was driving under the influence t/c'ed left the scene hit and run t/c'ed again causing some injury to to the occupants of the other vehicle,the officer was arrested. Mother f'ed the officers from the arresting agency,the officer was then released to their LT.from their own agency.The DA dropped the charges and the officer was never disciplined.
I bet he gets off with a slap on the hand and some community service.

slink
05-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Would this by chance be a female officer?

moneypit
05-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Even the wording on the article is different becuase it's a cop! Remember the guy in the Lavey that ran over the mexican guy on Parker and fled the scene? Go read that article, it sure as shit doesn't say anything about an investigation being in it's infancy and not to jump to conclusions.. It talks about the victims hobbies, family, and what he did on sunday afternoons.. I wish somebody would bring it back up to the top so you could read them side by side.
They didn't even bother saying "Alcohol was a factor" in the collision.. Just that he was arrested for DUI later.
No offense, but if this guy has EVER written a DUI/OUI or any kind of impairment ticket that was LESS THEN what he just go popped for, they oughta string him up by his nuts and then apply voltage.
RD
Were the articles written by the same reporters?

little rowe boat
05-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Whats going to happen is the Police officer is going to admit that he has a drinking problem and that he needs help.Then his employer would be hard pressed to terminate his employment,so he will then be placed into a substance abuse program rehabilitated,get some community service and then put back on patrol.

mbrown2
05-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Guy should fry for leaving the scene....regardless if he is a cop....but as a cop and being it is his job to uphold the laws he was breaking, he should probably lose his job or at least have to go through some serious rehab (more so) then joe citizen...

moneypit
05-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Guy should fry for leaving the scene....regardless if he is a cop....but as a cop and being it is his job to uphold the laws he was breaking, he should probably lose his job or at least have to go through some serious rehab (more so) then joe citizen...
I agree.

mirvin
05-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Dang.... I was there all week. I'm glad I left Saturday afternoon.
I think LE should be held to a higher standard with regards to breaking the law. Just like they throw the book at people who "abuse their power" such as teachers or judges and what not.
If you're sworn to uphold the law and you break it on your spare time that's it, you should be fired and blackballed for life.
mirvin

Lacolaw
05-24-2005, 01:26 PM
He should be treated just like anyone else.
Just because he is a cop doesnt mean he get away with it nor should he be punished harder than anyone else.
I get tired of hearing people say, "He is a cop and should know better". Lets face it, we all know better.
This accident had nothing to do with his job as a police officer, so it should be
irrelevant.

RiverDave
05-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Just because he is a cop doesnt mean he get away with it nor should he be punished harder than anyone else.
I get tired of hearing people say, "He is a cop and should know better". Lets face it, we all know better.
This accident had nothing to do with his job as a police officer, so it should be
irrelevant.
Interesting... California passed a law that was "supposedly" largely supported by the LEO community. The law states that if you have a DUI, and someone else gets a DUI in your vehicle (they are driving your vehicle) with you in it, then not only do they get a DUI, but you as a passenger get a SECOND DUI, because "The person with the initial DUI should've known better." Interesting, I would think the guys that uphold/enforce the laws should know better as well?
RD

RiverDave
05-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Were the articles written by the same reporters?
I wouldn't even pretend to know..
RD

mbrown2
05-24-2005, 01:36 PM
irrelevant.
Wow, I respect your view....but do see it differently....He should held to a higher standard since he was sworn to serve and protect....I was not sworn to serve and protect...

mirvin
05-24-2005, 01:39 PM
irrelevant.
WHat I'm saying is that NO WAY should he still be an officer of the law. Hells no.
Teachers loose their jobs over what they do on their spare time even if it's not illegal. There's a certain expectation of behavior that come with public duty. THat's all I'm getting at.
mirvin

NashvilleBound
05-24-2005, 01:42 PM
....I was not sworn to serve and protect...
Thats not what I was told.....

slink
05-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Interesting... California passed a law that was "supposedly" largely supported by the LEO community. The law states that if you have a DUI, and someone else gets a DUI in your vehicle (they are driving your vehicle) with you in it, then not only do they get a DUI, but you as a passenger get a SECOND DUI, because "The person with the initial DUI should've known better." Interesting, I would think the guys that uphold/enforce the laws should know better as well?
RD
Dave, your going to have to show me a section on this one......15 yrs on never heard of this one.

mirvin
05-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Dave, your going to have to show me a section on this one......15 yrs on never heard of this one.
How dare you sir!!! I take sever umbridge.......:D
mirvin :notam:

ROZ
05-24-2005, 01:50 PM
RD
I bet you'd like to kick him in the junk, wouldn't you....
:D

Biglue
05-24-2005, 01:50 PM
What's up Mirvin? Whereabouts in Torrance do you live. I'm in Carson? I know I know.......Sorry for the distraction guys. He's practically my neighbor.

RiverDave
05-24-2005, 01:51 PM
From what I understand it went into effect this year. I will try to get a section # for you at one of my next stupid classes..
RD

uclahater
05-24-2005, 01:54 PM
If the crime was stiffer for leaving the scene than it was for a DUI than this would no longer be a problem!!! I know of a man that fled the scene after killing 2, and severly injuring 1, and he only got 1 year because they couldnt prove he was drunk!!! If he would have stayed there he would have gotten a minimum of 5 to 10 years so he was rewarded for fleeing the sceene.
I just dont understand why people have to drink, and opporate anything. I understand that partying is fun, but cant you guys rotate days, and always have someone sober. Why is this so difficult!!! Can someone please explain why this is so hard :confused: :confused: :confused:

mirvin
05-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Biglou, I sent you a pm.
UCLAHATER, here's the scoop. People think they are the exception to the rule. THey think THEY can handle it and that THEY arent going to cause an accident.
I can't say I haven't been guilty of this in the past myself.
mirvin

lucky
05-24-2005, 02:00 PM
From what I understand it went into effect this year. I will try to get a section # for you at one of my next stupid classes..
RD
hey dave -- i wonder if this was comp beer ? :eek:

H20bug
05-24-2005, 02:30 PM
1.) can someone PLEASE post the oath that ALL police officers take!!!
2.) What does the lapd "Code of conduct" say concerning it's officers behavior.
just curious!! :idea:

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Give me a break, this guy is done, he will be punished worse than anyone on here will be, so what do you need ethics posted for.....

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 02:45 PM
I was gone say, ask them for the code of conduct..
But a few will get their feeling hurt... So I took it down

H20bug
exactly as I stated...curious. I understand he's a human being, capable of making a poor judgement call.

SHOTKALLIN
He left the scene of a serious accident with injuries. Drunk or sober, that is why he will lose his job. Cops get d.u.i.'s all the time. D.U.I.'s dont get you fired. They are more like a little speed bump in your career. It's all about who you play golf with. L.A. County had a Commander who was promoted to Chief after leading the CHP on a little pursuit while D.U.I. :idea: These sorta things don't always make the news.

Lacolaw
Wow, I respect your view....but do see it differently....He should held to a higher standard since he was sworn to serve and protect....I was not sworn to serve and protect...
He was sworn to protect and to serve in the performance of his job.
When he is off duty, he isnt required to serve and protect anyone. If thats what you expect then police officers should be paid 24hrs a day. When I am off duty I am not protecting anyone except for my family.
It sounds like you are saying that there should be stricter laws for Police officers then for the general public. Thats ridiculous. I agree that if its true, he should be punished (which may result in the loss of his job), but he should be held to the same standard as everyone else.
I would agree that if a Police officer is charged with a crime in the performance of his duties, then it does warrant a stricter penalty. That is not the case here.

SHOTKALLIN
05-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Most people involved in a similar situation would not lose thier job, career, house, and how ever much $$$ he will be sued for in civil court.
Most people will make out like a bandit like the guy who fled the scene in Parker to go home, sober up, and lawyer up. And he killed someone.
just my .02

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Most people involved in a similar situation would not lose thier job, career, house, and how ever much $$$ he will be sued for in civil court.
Most people will make out like a bandit like the guy who fled the scene in Parker to go home, sober up, and lawyer up. And he killed someone.
just my .02
RUSH was his name and that is my exact point.......

slink
05-24-2005, 02:52 PM
I was a Marine. I was on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Don't cops always carry their gun? Doesn't that essentially make them "on duty" 24/7?
Bob, my SW brother, gonna have to disagree with ya on this one......Off duty, unless it comes toward me, I'll be the best damn witness you've ever seen.

H20bug
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Lacolaw,
I completely agree, and I am not trying to be aggravating, but are they not required, even off duty , not to engage in any behavior that could bring discredit, sullie themselves or their department?
seriously, not trying to be an ass...just curious

Lacolaw
I was a Marine. I was on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Don't cops always carry their gun? Doesn't that essentially make them "on duty" 24/7?
I got it. He should also be charged with drinking on duty.
Give me a break.

Biglue
Hey Locolaw. I hear what you are saying, but there is a double standard there. Everyone here has heard of people in altercations with officers off duty and getting charged with assaulting an officer of the law. Unless there is unknown circumstances that we don't hear about during those fights. I think the point we are trying to make here is that the guy is not the stand up guy most cops are (in order to be a cop). He was dude that left someone potentially for dead. He knows whay he would have done to the next guy who pulled that move.

SHOTKALLIN
05-24-2005, 02:55 PM
NEGATIVE
Cops are not on duty 24 hrs a day. Cops are not required to cary a gun off duty.
Don't assume anything. You know what happens when you ass-u-me. You make an ass out of you and me. :D

Lacolaw
05-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Lacolaw,
I completely agree, and I am not trying to be aggravating, but are they not required, even off duty , not to engage in any behavior that could bring discredit, sullie themselves or their department?
That may be true.
You are now talking about department policy, not State law.
He is sure to face some sort of discipline from his department regardless of what the district attorney does with the case.

topless
05-24-2005, 03:00 PM
He was sworn to protect and to serve in the performance of his job.
When he is off duty, he isnt required to serve anyone.That explains why Kilrtoy told me to get my own damn drink at the halloween party :cry:

slink
05-24-2005, 03:00 PM
That's too bad. I'd probably still take a bullet for somebody I didn't know. ;)
would you let your 4yr old? your 13 yr old, or your wife? Don't think so, no reason to put them in harms way. If I'm alone, it's still gonna have to be some serious shit going down.

slink
05-24-2005, 03:03 PM
None of the members of my family were ever United States Marines. Period.
neither were any members of mine in L.E, my point exactly.

H20bug
05-24-2005, 03:03 PM
lacolaw,
thank you for taking time to answer my question.

slink
05-24-2005, 03:06 PM
I asked this question before, but didn't get an answer. Is is policy that he lose his job if charged or convicted of a felony?
Convicted....any felony and some misdemeanors

SHOTKALLIN
05-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Lacolaw,
I would say that that policy is full of crap. It's kinda like one big blanket that they throw in there so that if you piss anyone off they can reprimand you. I have seen people reprimanded for not mowing thier lawn, having loud parties, speeding. Basically if I flipped you off on the fwy (on my day off) and you knew where I worked, you could complain to my supervisor and I could be written up. Just a little rediculous if you ask me. :D I will save my own personal write up for another thread.

SHOTKALLIN
05-24-2005, 03:10 PM
That explains why Kilrtoy told me to get my own damn drink at the halloween party :cry:
:rollside: that was funny!

H20bug
05-24-2005, 03:12 PM
shotkallin
now that is definately full of crap. and I could see how that could be abused.
not mowing his/her lawn. that's departmental politics :D

SHOTKALLIN
05-24-2005, 03:13 PM
In the academy they tell you that you are held to a higher standard than the president. Extreme? Extremely.

Sherpa
05-24-2005, 03:15 PM
found an interesting comment from RRL...... here is the link:
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5503
the guy comments that he saw the news report on TV, and thinks the boat
the cop was driving strikes a resemblence to the boat that was involved in
the sandbar beating of the 17yr old girl, and her brother who came to defend
her.
remember the boat: My little Freind............
so what say ye boat owners familiar with that bad cop situation that happened like last/previous summer-?
--Sherpa
don't kill the messenger please..........this would be a real PITA for the guy
if it was the same dude.

SHOTKALLIN
05-24-2005, 03:29 PM
posted by a newbie with 1 post. :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 03:34 PM
I think the point we are trying to make here is that the guy is not the stand up guy most cops are (in order to be a cop). He was dude that left someone potentially for dead. He knows whay he would have done to the next guy who pulled that move.
Not totally true...
The guy screwed up by all accounts and he will pay for it more than anyone on here would ........
even more so than 5 others in the same situiation combined would have or will.....

Sherpa
05-24-2005, 03:35 PM
posted by a newbie with 1 post. :hammerhea
thank you for that commentary; dutifully noted when I read that post.
hence my barely sarcastic reply here of don't kill the messenger...
thank you for your contribution, please drive thru...................
--Sherpa

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 03:36 PM
That explains why Kilrtoy told me to get my own damn drink at the halloween party :cry:
No that is because you still had your TOP on....

HM
05-24-2005, 03:38 PM
So, if I kick the shit out of an (knowingly)off-duty officer, I won't be charged with anything other than assault and battery as if I just kicked the shit out of RD? No assaulting an officer and etc? Or none of him pulling his badge - I can just bitch slap it out of his hands and tell him to save it for when he is "on the clock?"
But your honor....he was off the clock!?!
Just a hypothetical. :wink:

Biglue
05-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey Kilr I posted this earlier inthe thread tell me what you think. I still think the dude is more liable to be punished than the common Joe.
Hey Locolaw. I hear what you are saying, but there is a double standard there. Everyone here has heard of people in altercations with officers off duty and getting charged with assaulting an officer of the law. Unless there is unknown circumstances that we don't hear about during those fights. I think the point we are trying to make here is that the guy is not the stand up guy most cops are (in order to be a cop). He was dude that left someone potentially for dead. He knows whay he would have done to the next guy who pulled that move.

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey Kilr I posted this earlier inthe thread tell me what you think. I still think the dude is more liable to be punished than the common Joe. .
NO, he should be held accountable at the level as law prescribes....
but lets wait until he is convicted before he hang him the town court yard.....
Yes that has happened, but you havent heard the whole story..... that changes things around,,,,, oh just a little

SHOTKALLIN
05-24-2005, 03:44 PM
thank you for that commentary; dutifully noted when I read that post.
hence my barely sarcastic reply here of don't kill the messenger...
thank you for your contribution, please drive thru...................
--Sherpa
Not killing the messenger, just making a comment. since you left that part out :cool:

Biglue
05-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Yes that has happened, but you havent heard the whole story..... that changes things around,,,,, oh just a little
So is it true that if you and I have a fight while you are off duty, I'm assaulting an officer of the law?

slink
05-24-2005, 03:50 PM
So is it true that if you and I have a fight while you are off duty, I'm assaulting an officer of the law?
A= you know he is an officer or he id's himself as one
B= he is acting in the performance/scope of his authority.
each case would be reviewed individually by the DA, not all situations are the same.

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 03:51 PM
NOI THAT IS NOT TRUE......
but there are always reasons that could warrant that charge....

Biglue
05-24-2005, 03:53 PM
I was always under the impression that there was no way out of charges when fighting a LEO without knowing. I guess it's more of an urban legend. The other thing is the guys that are yapping about these types of stories were drunk both times I've heard them. But I still don't get it. If he identifies himself as an officer he is still off duty. Are you saying you would be back on the clock at that point?

RiverDave
05-24-2005, 03:58 PM
You know I'm not quite sure what it is that people are arguing about here?
Cops have a little leg up as far as others when it comes to the "law" in general. It's one of the perks of the job.. I have a leg up when it comes to billet work, one of the perks of my job.
For the cops on the board to sit here and say that all things are fair and equal though.. I guess I'm just not understanding why?
So this dude runs over somebody.. Personally I think they oughta come down on him harder then a normal citizen. Some agree, some disagree. Deals said and done.. I guess all there is left to do is see what they do with him? If they slap him on the wrist, well then that would suck.. If they don't, then that sucks too. It sucks that the whole thing even happened.
Incidentally, on a side note.. if it is that same prick that the incident happened with on the sandbar more then a year ago.. Well then karma's a bitch, and I hope he gets gang raped by all the people he's arrested during the course of his career.
RD

RiverDave
05-24-2005, 03:59 PM
I was always under the impression that there was no way out of charges when fighting a LEO without knowing. I guess it's more of an urban legend. The other thing is the guys that are yapping about these types of stories were drunk both times I've heard them. But I still don't get it. If he identifies himself as an officer he is still off duty. Are you saying you would be back on the clock at that point?
Kinda makes you wonder about the whole "impairment" argument at .05 and above.. and an off duty cop carrying a gun? Wonder what happens if they shoot somebody? Do you get a SUI? :D
RD <--- just thinking out loud here.

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 04:04 PM
For the cops on the board to sit here and say that all things are fair and equal though.. I guess I'm just not understanding why?
RD
No one said it was fair and equal.....

RiverDave
05-24-2005, 04:18 PM
No one said it was fair and equal.....
Well there ya go.. What's the debate about again? I think i got sidetracked on my DUI/OUI b.s. as usual... LOL Got any pics of the new boat or mrs kilrtoy? :)
RD

Tom Brown
05-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Maybe this guy does a really good job, arrests just as many bad guys as anyone, when he's had a few drinks? Maybe the drinks help him relax and he can get a better bullet grouping or make the paperwork seem less tedious.

RiverDave
05-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Dave,
Can you give us some insights into the kind of billet industry "perks" you get? :p
Speaking of billet, where's my dana purple remote holder, bass turd. :D
It's on back order.. LOL :D
RD

RiverDave
05-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Maybe this guy does a really good job, arrests just as many bad guys as anyone, when he's had a few drinks? Maybe the drinks help him relax and he can get a better bullet grouping or make the paperwork seem less tedious.
LOL.. :D
RD

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Well there ya go.. What's the debate about again? I think i got sidetracked on my DUI/OUI b.s. as usual... LOL Got any pics of the new boat or mrs kilrtoy? :)
RD
Actually no I dont......

Tom Brown
05-24-2005, 04:34 PM
If I were a cop, I'd arrest you on some trumped up charge.
Why go to the trouble of trumping something up? There's plenty of bonafied charges to throw down.

LOWRIVER2
05-24-2005, 04:44 PM
I remember RD wanted to get hit by my Taser this summer....
Rolled by your pad on the H20 Sun. RD, boat was out but did'nt see you , was going to oblige your request. Maybe next time he he he....
Stopped by Conquest on Mon. and hung out with Keith Sayre for awhile and he got to check out the work toys for awhile. He wants my ACOG'd M16 mounted on his Schiada now/LOL!

Beer-30
05-24-2005, 04:51 PM
A= you know he is an officer or he id's himself as one
B= he is acting in the performance/scope of his authority.
each case would be reviewed individually by the DA, not all situations are the same.
Exactly! And, LE is held to a little higher standard (usually). If you look back, convicted LE offs/deps get pretty steep sentences.

Beer-30
05-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Don't fall for it Kilr, he's bait'in ya in!

Chromegorilla
05-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Sorry to go O/T for a second...I keep hearing refrences to the sandbar incident with the girl getting beat up a while back, I am kinda new here and vaguely familiar with it. Could some one PM me or post a link to that thread, I would like to read it just out of curiousity. Thanks CG.
Now back to our regularly scheduled thread......

Jrocket
05-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Sorry to go O/T for a second...I keep hearing refrences to the sandbar incident with the girl getting beat up a while back, I am kinda new here and vaguely familiar with it. Could some one PM me or post a link to that thread, I would like to read it just out of curiousity. Thanks CG.
Now back to our regularly scheduled thread......
Just do a search in the sandbar section and type in "Hulk"..you'll get plenty to read.

Dr. Eagle
05-24-2005, 05:09 PM
The trumped up charges would be lesser includeds. :D
Not to mention enhancements... :mix:

Jbb
05-24-2005, 05:28 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181rd_21.jpg

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Don't fall for it Kilr, he's bait'in ya in!
They cant bait me in .......

Thunderbutt
05-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Whats going to happen is the Police officer is going to admit that he has a drinking problem and that he needs help.Then his employer would be hard pressed to terminate his employment,so he will then be placed into a substance abuse program rehabilitated,get some community service and then put back on patrol. And with in a week he will be on the water drinking beer with his buddies. and when RiverDave sees him, he is in deep shit

ChumpChange
05-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Just do a search in the sandbar section and type in "Hulk"..you'll get plenty to read.
You sure it's still there? I bumped it about a month ago wondering what ever came from it, people got mad at me and whoever started the thread deleted it within an hour so it no longer exists.
Maybe the people who got mad at me for bumping it know the story. Should I post their names? Nah.

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 05:44 PM
You sure it's still there? I bumped it about a month ago wondering what ever came from it, people got mad at me and whoever started the thread deleted it within an hour so it no longer exists.
Maybe the people who got mad at me for bumping it know the story. Should I post their names? Nah.
sure post them

dankirk
05-24-2005, 05:55 PM
You can not be a peace officer in CA if you have been convicted of any felony or some misdemeanors (ex. domestic violence). This guy may be charged with 2 separate felonies, DUI causing injury and hit and run causing injury. If he is found guilty of either he will lose his job. He may lose his job regardless of the outcome of the investigation just because he created a nexus to hs department, obviously causing embarrassment to LAPD. Even if he had not fled the scene, he would still be facing a felony charge of DUI causing injury. But, taking off after the collision shows no remorse, and that he appears to be an irresponsible dumb-ass. It doesn't look good for him.
If the accusations are accurate, I hope he suffers the full wrath of the law and his department. We don't need people that that in law enforcement.

Dr. Eagle
05-24-2005, 05:59 PM
If the accusations are accurate, I hope he suffers the full wrath of the law and his department. We don't need people that that in law enforcement.
Maybe then he'd respect someone's AUTHORITAH!!!!! :D (Cool avitar... Cartman rocks!)

Boatcop
05-24-2005, 06:35 PM
The problem (if you want to look at it that way) is that absent a felony conviction, the California Police Union will provide him with the best lawyers available to help him keep his job.
Now unions serve a purpose when a cop is getting railroaded, or unfairly treated. But when they pull out all the stops to keep someone capable of doing something like this on the job, it affects all of law enforcement.
On the subject of off-duty DUIs, Arizona POST (Peace Officer Standards and Training, our Certifying body) is reviewing their policy on the matter. Basically, they've never had one, and left that up to individual Departments.
However, because of that "Higher Standard", they will probably come up with some guidelines or policy on suspension or revocation of certification for that kind of off-duty conduct.
After all, you can't even become a Peace Officer in Arizona if you've had a DUI conviction in the previous 5 years. Why keep them around if they have one WHILE a Peace Officer?
Have we arrested cops for DUI and/or OUI? You bet we do. Do we show them any favoritism? Well, I'd have to say yes. But only on what we do with them at the time. If there's a sober person willing to take responsibility for them, we'll cite and release them, rather than booking them into jail. We KNOW that they'll return for their court date(s). Something about 75% of the others we cite and release fail to do.
But it doesn't influence what they get charged with.

Dr. Eagle
05-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Retaliation? Were these guys motorcycle gang members or something?
:idea:
Si Hesse....
The West Hollywood CHIPs... :D

H20bug
05-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Boatcop, do you believe that we as a society hold our various agencies & officers to a "Higher Standard" in regards to personel conduct on & off duty. And do you deem it rightly so, or flawed? .... just asking an honest question?

HM
05-24-2005, 06:51 PM
is this the "MY LITTLE FREIND DEALO"?
Say hello to my little friend! (http://www.scarface1983.com/wav/friendw.wav)

77charger
05-24-2005, 06:52 PM
when a cop gets a dui he is a hypocrite in my book.Enough said.
as for punishment i dont care what he gets as long as it is equal to what a normal civilian would get.
Leaving the scene of an accident when ones life is in danger is chickenshit even more so if it is a cop,fireman,dr, for that matter(since they are capable of saving a life).This right here should cost someone their job,home,etc

Dr. Eagle
05-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Say hello to my little friend! (http://www.scarface1983.com/wav/friendw.wav)
LMAO... should have know the king of WAVs would come up with that one... (except it didn't work)... :p

HM
05-24-2005, 06:56 PM
LMAO... should have know the king of WAVs would come up with that one... (except it didn't work)... :p
Works for me?
BTW - Havasu Hangin' is the official king of WAVs. I am just building my library. :wink:

Kilrtoy
05-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Boatcop, do you believe that we as a society hold our various agencies & officers to a "Higher Standard" in regards to personel conduct on & off duty. And do you deem it rightly so, or flawed? .... just asking an honest question?
]Above and beyond, I guess they dont have newpapers or tv's where you live...Do they have radio's there?

HM
05-24-2005, 07:09 PM
it was a thread last summer where some kids got their asss kicked at the sandbar,it was the name ?on a boat or something can't remember ?
I don't recall. ;)

H20bug
05-24-2005, 07:21 PM
killr,
thank you for your concern about my access to media outlets,my question is answered :mix:

Jrocket
05-24-2005, 07:25 PM
The original thread might be gone but theres still plenty to read about
That brings a question to mind,why did that thread get so hush hush?...Just because they were cops?Sounds like BS to me if thats the case.

FHI-prez
05-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Well, I made it most of the way through the thread so if someone already said this then....err...oops.
Like it or not cops are held to a higher standard than reg citizens. They know that going in. If you can't handle that, then don't be a cop. My baby brother is a cop here in Florida so I kinda know what they go through. They are constantly on eggshells with John-Q-public and their carreer. It's part of the job. It's part of the stress. And it's part of the reason divorce is so high in law enforcement nationwide.
Cops can (not always) get away with things the normal joe can't. That's one of the untaught bennies of the job. It's true, and any cop that says differently is either a boy scout or lying. Short example: a lady friend of mine was being beaten by her officer husband. She gets away long enough to call 911. He grabs the phone from her and hangs it up. Of course the address comes on the screen at the call center, so by policy they are supposed to dispatch an officer. Instead they call the husbands cell phone (not the home phone) and asks if everything is ok. Predictably he says everythings fine, his daughter accidentally called 911. He commenced to beating her. He has since been fired for something completely unrelated.
Policeman and women are public figures. If they screw up the cameras are on them, and they ALL know it. But some start believe in their own invincibility and push it a bit too far. I can't tell you how many times an officer has been stopped for a DUI only to be let go, or even worse DRIVEN HOME BY AN OFFICER CHUM OF THEIRS ON DUTY! Job perk.
Cops are people too, but from the time they enter the academy they are fore warned of the trappings of getting themselves into trouble. The last time I checked there was no "draft" for police officers, they all enter the job knowing the drill and of their own free will. Most cops like the fact that they get put on a pedestal in every day goings on. They don't like that same pedestal much when shit is being hurled at them. Even an off duty officer has a responsibility to not dishonor or bring "heat" on their department. There is no relationship between an average joe getting busted then going back to work when he's done his time. Unfortunately for cops there is no such thing as "off duty". As far as the news is concerned, a cop f'ing up on or off duty, will always be a bigger news story than a crackhead getting into trouble, AGAIN. If you're a cop and you don't like it...then look for a job with less responsibility or deal with the "with greater power comes greater responsibility". No one is forcing you to be a cop.
Nick

Boatcop
05-24-2005, 07:51 PM
I like to think people believe that we're held to higher standards. Sometimes it doesn't appear that way. I believe that we should be. Someone mentioned the word "hypocrite" and here it certainly applies. How can one arrest, jail, and charge someone with a crime that they themselves commit while a Police Officer?
Departments often cover up or ignore substandard performance, incompetance, and criminal conduct when it suits them. Either to save the department from embarassment or try and protect cases in progress or for whatever reason. Sometimes it's political. Sometimes it's personal. But it usually backfires and costs more in the long run than if they had brought the situation to the forefront in the beginning. It's as though they were asleep when they taught the class on ethics and integrity in the Academy.
I believe that the public realizes that we are human, too, and would have more respect for the Badge and the Departments if we show that we won't stand for criminal conduct, even among our own. They can forgive a Department for having a screwed up cop a lot easier if they knew that he (or she) got punishment that "fit the crime", instead of them sweeping it under the rug.
Here in Arizona we try and take care of the problems, but unfortunately it's usually after the fact. But action is definitely taken.
Here's some interesting reading on how Arizona handles Police misconduct, and malfeasance. Keep in mind that the action taken is by the certifying board and is independent of anything the Officers' Agencies may have done, or not done.
Arizona Peace Officer Integrity Bulletins (http://www.azpost.state.az.us/integrity_bulletin/integrity_index.htm)

H20bug
05-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Allan
thank you for taking the time to reply with integrity, and honesty concerning a difficult subject. I wholeheartedly agree with you. your an asset to the LE community. A true class act.
Regards!!!

mbrown2
05-24-2005, 09:15 PM
I am sure if a Fireman were lighting fires on their time-off, they would be fired...

Dr. Eagle
05-24-2005, 09:17 PM
I am sure if a Fireman were lighting fires on their time-off, they would be fired...
Unless he were a flamer... :D

mbrown2
05-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Boatcop, I could not agree with you more..excellent post.....

LOWRIVER2
05-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Is it me or are the LAPD guys always away when this stuff comes up?
Ok, what happens next:
Multiple felony charges: arraignment, bail or stays in custody, prelim. plead or takes to trial.
As for dept.: Professional Standards Bureau (new name for IA) stays abreast of criminal proceedings, does it's investigation. Termination coming soon. Ofcr. has chance at Board or Rights but most likely won't be an issue as felony charges on this one will most likely result in jail time. Ofcr.is open to civil suits, can lose all he owns on this one.
As Alan said, the ofcr. most likely is in our Protective league and will have an attorney by the league. This attorney is paid for by the ofcr.'s (us) in the union, not the dept. The issue of the league providing legal counsel is based on what plan the ofcr. bought when he signed up. Tell me if I'm wrong Alan but I'm reading that you think LAPD is paying for his attorney. Trust me, that is NOT the case. My dues are. As for the issue of what a union's attorney's will consider to defend, that's a whole other issue and the area has many gray zones, especially in one on one accusations. This case, is not one of those, however.
Oh, as for DUI's in LAPD:
First one (straight DUI) with no priors (obviously), 22 days (roughly $8-$10,000 for a P-3) in suspension w/out pay. Ofcr. pays all court proceedings/fines ($5k+ like everyone else. Ofcr. must go to a rehab. facility, take classes above/beyond what they are sentenced to do, and of course, pay the attorney fees which average another 5-8k, . They also won't be promoting to ANYTHING for at least 4-8 years.
I'm not gonna say 10-18k is enough of punishment for a DUI or that they should keep their job. I will say it's more than an average cititzen pays or has their job affected by the same incident. They also sign a "contract" that states that another conviction is termination (as if/lol).
Drinking and driving ANYTHING is GAY!!
Anyone who has a problem with that can meet up with me, anytime. Oh, and I DON'T frequent the Sand Bar/LOL!!
Low River OUT!!

BoatPI
05-25-2005, 05:36 AM
It is very unfortunate that this occurred, and more so for the vicitms on the PWC. Although we do not know the specific circumstances of the collision, most boat vs PWC colissions are the fault of the PWC operator. And should this be the case, alcohol involvement is a contributing factor. Heck, we do not know if the PWC operator was DUI. All that being said, the most serious issue is fleeing the scene of an injury colission. That alone if true will most likely get this guy fired. So ask yourselves, if he worked selling cars, or marine parts, or was a dock worker making 150 G a year, would his employer fire him. Maybe not, and if so he could just find work with another employer, as a cop this is not a posibility in most cases. Time to find other fields of employment. If he has a family and a house, more tragedy.
As far as our many comments about cops go, we would not be discussing this much if the operator of the boat was not a cop.
The public is often shocked by this because we DO hold officers to a much higher standard than peeps in other professions. Higher than nearly every other occupation in this country. They are the public trust, for sound judgement, etc. They have the ability to take away our civil rights by arresting someone and jailing them. No one else has such power except a judge.
Most large police agencies sift through 2,000 to 3,000 applicants and hire one or two officers. LAPD and L.A. Sheriff's departments are hiring, or trying to hire, 1,500 officers in the next year. It will not happen, not enough qualified applicants.
Jack Webb said it best during an episode of Dragnet; when an lady asked Sergeant Friday how an offcier on the show could have commited a theft depicted in the episode, Friday responded, "lady we have one big flaw in LAPD, we hire from the human race."

Seadog
05-25-2005, 05:44 AM
I have to think that leaving the scene is a big enough issue that it would cause for dismissal.

slink
05-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Is it me or are the LAPD guys always away when this stuff comes up?
Ok, what happens next:
Multiple felony charges: arraignment, bail or stays in custody, prelim. plead or takes to trial.
As for dept.: Professional Standards Bureau (new name for IA) stays abreast of criminal proceedings, does it's investigation. Termination coming soon. Ofcr. has chance at Board or Rights but most likely won't be an issue as felony charges on this one will most likely result in jail time. Ofcr.is open to civil suits, can lose all he owns on this one.
As Alan said, the ofcr. most likely is in our Protective league and will have an attorney by the league. This attorney is paid for by the ofcr.'s (us) in the union, not the dept. The issue of the league providing legal counsel is based on what plan the ofcr. bought when he signed up. Tell me if I'm wrong Alan but I'm reading that you think LAPD is paying for his attorney. Trust me, that is NOT the case. My dues are. As for the issue of what a union's attorney's will consider to defend, that's a whole other issue and the area has many gray zones, especially in one on one accusations. This case, is not one of those, however.
First one (straight DUI) with no priors (obviously), 22 days (roughly $8-$10,000 for a P-3) in suspension w/out pay. Ofcr. pays all court proceedings/fines ($5k+ like everyone else. Ofcr. must go to a rehab. facility, take classes above/beyond what they are sentenced to do, and of course, pay the attorney fees which average another 5-8k, . They also won't be promoting to ANYTHING for at least 4-8 years.
I'm not gonna say 10-18k is enough of punishment for a DUI or that they should keep their job. I will say it's more than an average cititzen pays or has their job affected by the same incident. They also sign a "contract" that states that another conviction is termination (as if/lol).
Drinking and driving ANYTHING is GAY!!
Anyone who has a problem with that can meet up with me, anytime. Oh, and I DON'T frequent the Sand Bar/LOL!!
Low River OUT!!
LR, if I read this right, your union will represent him through the criminal proceeding (via union dues)? or just through any internal discipline? I know through PORAC, I am not covered for off duty (unless in performance of my duty) incidents. PORAC would cover me for any internal discipline hearings, but not through the criminal hearing. That would be out of my pocket. Just curious.

Wicky
05-25-2005, 08:01 AM
eventhough I think he should burn for running over a PWC and leaving the scene (alot of guys here talk about doing the same thing) Should he loose his job for something he did off duty?
Deano <---walkin a fine line :p
I betcha they make him a bicycle cop!!! :D No license...no car!!

Wicky
05-25-2005, 08:10 AM
irrelevant.
I agree 100% It's kind of like smoking ganja one night and then getting tested for it 29 days later. The test turns out positive. You get fired for being stoned on the job. We are not robots. We must have life outside of work. Sometimes poor choices are made and consequences will follow. For this guy, he will take some classes and be on probation.
Like I said before, he will be one of LAPDs newest bicycle cops.
Wicky

ChumpChange
05-25-2005, 08:17 AM
That brings a question to mind,why did that thread get so hush hush?...Just because they were cops?Sounds like BS to me if thats the case.
Exactly. For some reason, some of the people on the boards got all crazy trying to protect some off duty cops.

C-2
05-25-2005, 08:52 AM
My take on the incident:
Character counts
I think the guy should be terminated if convicted for either offense.
People flee the scene for one reason – they think they can get away with it. If he thought he could get away with fleeing an accident scene, what else does he think he can get away with? What does it say about his character?
People who administer one of the core elements of our constitution should be held accountable for their personal actions – since what they do off the clock is often reflective of what they do on the clock. This ranges from coppers to judges and everybody in between.
And if my statement above isn’t accurate – then why do you need good credit to get hired as a copper (or for many positions)...character.
And that sandbar thread - I thought it was nixed because there was an ongoing investigation?

RiverDave
05-25-2005, 09:24 AM
I remember RD wanted to get hit by my Taser this summer....
Rolled by your pad on the H20 Sun. RD, boat was out but did'nt see you , was going to oblige your request. Maybe next time he he he....
Not my request bro.. ;) I never said I wanted to get hit by one of those damn things.. LOL I've been shocked by the home use ones before that was bad enough, I can't imagine the police ones. What I did say though is that they should make all the cops get hit with all the "non lethal" things that they use, so that they know what it's like to do it to somebody.. Might make them think twice before just blasting grandma with one of those things.
RD

RiverDave
05-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Retaliation? Were these guys motorcycle gang members or something?
They were part of the gang in blue.. (remember the old posters? :D )
LA County Sherrif's is how that whole deal ended up.
RD

Tom Brown
05-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Might make them think twice before just blasting grandma with one of those things.
It would be a great tool for getting the older folks to do isometric exercises. :cool:

Boatcop
05-25-2005, 09:40 AM
What I did say though is that they should make all the cops get hit with all the "non lethal" things that they use, so that they know what it's like to do it to somebody.
Got news for you. Most of us are. I've been Tased, sprayed, whacked with a baton, etc. All part of our training and qualification to use the stuff.
The only one I can really understand having done to us is the OC spray. More often than not we get a taste of it when the bad guy is sprayed, either from wind blow back or poor aim by our partner, while we're rolling around on the ground with the perp. It makes sense that we know exactly how much our abilities will be diminished by the spray, and whether we can "fight through it."
The rest doesn't really make sense though. We don't heve to get shot so we know what it's like to shoot someone. :hammerhea

Havasu_Dreamin
05-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Glendale, CA Arson Investigator was caught and convicted of that in the 90's.

RiverDave
05-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Exactly. For some reason, some of the people on the boards got all crazy trying to protect some off duty cops.
Wasn't protecting off duty cops.. It goes back to that whole "assualting an officer" thing. And exponential problems with that. Like the possibillity of them shooting somebody in self defense? Retalliation from the police dept.. etc.. etc..
RD

RiverDave
05-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Got news for you. Most of us are. I've been Tased, sprayed, whacked with a baton, etc. All part of our training and qualification to use the stuff.
The only one I can really understand having done to us is the OC spray. More often than not we get a taste of it when the bad guy is sprayed, either from wind blow back or poor aim by our partner, while we're rolling around on the ground with the perp. It makes sense that we know exactly how much our abilities will be diminished by the spray, and whether we can "fight through it."
LowRiver and I talked about that.. He told me that most do have to go through that. That's all I was saying.
The rest doesn't really make sense though. We don't heve to get shot so we know what it's like to shoot someone. :hammerhea
Hence the "non lethal" portion of my post. ;)
RD

Havasu_Dreamin
05-25-2005, 09:53 AM
First one (straight DUI) with no priors (obviously), 22 days (roughly $8-$10,000 for a P-3) in suspension w/out pay.
So an officer in LAPD can make anywhere from $8k-$10k in 22 days? That translates out to almost $80k per year. WOW. Didn't realize it could get that high.

Boatcop
05-25-2005, 10:02 AM
$80K is the low end of the scale for them, when you throw in OT and off duty work, many top the $100K mark, some even more.

RiverDave
05-25-2005, 10:49 AM
$80K is the low end of the scale for them, when you throw in OT and off duty work, many top the $100K mark, some even more.
Now that's one thing I would never argue with.. I think they should get paid alot of money. I mean damn, if it's a possibillity that your going to take a bullet by some nut job, then you better enjoy life while you can.
RD

Biglue
05-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Now that's one thing I would never argue with.. I think they should get paid alot of money. I mean damn, if it's a possibillity that your going to take a bullet by some nut job, then you better enjoy life while you can.
RD
Ditto.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-25-2005, 11:00 AM
RD
I wasn't arguing, just surprised it had gotten to that high of a salary.

Kilrtoy
05-25-2005, 11:43 AM
THEY DO NOT MAKE 80K a year.....
Go to their website and see for yourself.......
22 days off can translate into 1 month and 3 weeks off........WITHOUT PAY....
RD, so it was cops that beat these kids up... How did I miss that one....let me hear the final outcome of what occurred....

probablecause
05-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Most large police agencies sift through 2,000 to 3,000 applicants and hire one or two officers. LAPD and L.A. Sheriff's departments are hiring, or trying to hire, 1,500 officers in the next year. It will not happen, not enough qualified applicants.
No, just the wrong color!

Kilrtoy
05-25-2005, 11:55 AM
So an officer in LAPD can make anywhere from $8k-$10k in 22 days? That translates out to almost $80k per year. WOW. Didn't realize it could get that high.
here is there pay
CLASS CODE: 2214
OPEN DATE: 07-01-88
CLOSE DATE: Continuous
JOB TITLE: POLICE OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANNUAL SALARY: $49,152 - $65, 981
A starting salary above the minimum may be available based on education and/or law enforcement experience.

LOWRIVER2
05-26-2005, 02:32 AM
Well, since K toy wants to talk salaries:
LAPD is the most understaffed big city PD in the nation. Because of that, we have overtime to make up for staffing. The consent decree policies add a lot of paperwork and related overtime as well.
A first year cop in a busy division in the south bureau can expect to make 15-17k over whatever his base salary is, that's also due to no night court (ex.=morning watch ofcr. gets off at 0730, has to be at court at 0830-1200), then back to regular watch at 1800. Turn around time can sometimes be imposed as well when an ofcr. has to return to work without 8 hours down time.
Most divisions have O/T shifts available seven days a week.
Yes, you'll never hear me say I make too little. Never complained about pay here. But remember, it's not what you earn, it's what you keep and what you do with it that counts.
Oh, and for those in the construction industry who think we get paid too much. I just learned of union construction rates for certain super 10 haulers in Ca.
$100/hr. with double, triple time rates too? Pretty nice. We only go one and one half for our O/T. Any used super 10's for sale? I'm ready to buy one and quit my LAX O/T! LOL. Bobcat operators are making nice coin too with little overhead.

NashvilleBound
05-26-2005, 02:38 AM
Before leaving San Diego I sold part of my concrete pumping business to a SD Sherriff (actaully dispatcher) I am guessing he's making about $100 an hour on his "off" days. Now he's bringing more Sherriff buddies in and I think is going to expand. Not too bad for off days.....

LOWRIVER2
05-26-2005, 02:47 AM
Sweet!
Bob Teague was a firefighter who started making stuff for the rigs. We got contractors, real estate guys, civil law attorneys, etc. Scratch is scratch/lol.

NashvilleBound
05-26-2005, 02:51 AM
Sweet!
Bob Teague was a firefighter who started making stuff for the rigs. We got contractors, real estate guys, civil law attorneys, etc. Scratch is scratch/lol.
Speaking of Bob...I talked to him last night. He's on his way to France right about now....THAT BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Must be rough, but someone has to do it.

HOSS
05-26-2005, 05:48 AM
That phuc oughta do time for leaving the scene. Guy coulda drowned. We could stick his hand inside of my RXP pump.

LAPII
05-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey LR2, the school copper is about right we only make around $40K a year. :wink: And I been reading the thread, but not worth responding to. Because it involves LAPD, and you know no one is going to show mercy here on the boards even though the guy was off-duty and not reprensenting LAPD at the time.

Biglue
05-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey LR2, the school copper is about right we only make around $40K a year. :wink: And I been reading the thread, but not worth responding to. Because it involves LAPD, and you know no one is going to show mercy here on the boards even though the guy was off-duty and not reprensenting LAPD at the time.
Bro if it was one of us f'n up in place of that cop and you were on duty, how would you look at us? Is that a dogue de bardeaux in your avatar?

topless
05-26-2005, 11:52 AM
I been reading the thread, but not worth responding to. Because it involves LAPD, and you know no one is going to show mercy here on the boards even though the guy was off-duty and not reprensenting LAPD at the time.Show MERCY to a drunk who leaves the scene of an accident????? WTF???? Are you on drugs or something? You make me really question the integrity of the LAPD right about now. I guess you must be in HIS league.........above the law. I don't give a flying F*** who the hell he works for, he should pay for his stupidity. :hammerhea

Mrs.Racer277
05-26-2005, 11:58 AM
OMG when the hell do cops ever show any Mercy. :mad: :mad:
If you want an example go look at the Topock accident thread and show me one cop on there that showed mercy. :mad: :mad:
Cop or not what he did was WRONG and he needs to be punished. :hammerhea

Tom Brown
05-26-2005, 11:58 AM
WTF????
I love you when you're angry.

Dr. Eagle
05-26-2005, 12:00 PM
If convicted, I think his career is
DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Eagle
05-26-2005, 12:00 PM
I love you when you're angry.
She knows... :argue:

lucky
05-26-2005, 12:01 PM
i always wondered where a "pig in the poke" came from -- now i know ( joke)

topless
05-26-2005, 12:02 PM
I love you when you're angry.I was trying to make you horney. Did it work? :idea:

topless
05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
OMG when the hell do cops ever show any Mercy. :mad: :mad:
If you want an example go look at the Topock accident thread and show me one cop on there that showed mercy. :mad: :mad:
Cop or not what he did was WRONG and he needs to be punished. :hammerheaNot only that but the Topock guy at least went for help.

hoolign
05-26-2005, 12:22 PM
That phuc oughta do time for leaving the scene. Guy coulda drowned. We could stick his hand inside of my RXP pump.
And what ...clean his fingernails? Oooooohhh there's a threat :notam:

LAPII
05-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Ok without getting into a pissing match, I guess I wasn't clear enough for some in my response for LR2. Again, that guy was not representing the Dept during his incident and yes it was wrong that he did not stop and render aid. Believe me he will pay dearly for the incident. But all too often on these boards everyone seems to broadstroke cops for an incident like this. Biglue that is a bullmastiff.

topless
05-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Ok without getting into a pissing match, I guess I wasn't clear enough for some in my response for LR2. Again, that guy was not representing the Dept during his incident and yes it was wrong that he did not stop and render aid. Believe me he will pay dearly for the incident. But all too often on these boards evryone seems to broadstroke cops for an incident like this. Biglue that is a bullmastiff.You dog looks like he needs to ask a question. Didn't mean to rant but it sounded like you were trying to defend the jerk besides, Tom likes it when I'm angry. :D

LAPII
05-26-2005, 12:26 PM
I think you are putting words in my mouth topless, I never mentioned above the law and the mercy was geared towards the LAPD. Not the dumb ass who left the scene of a life threatening emergency.

LAPII
05-26-2005, 12:30 PM
If you look at my post count I don't post much, more of a lurker. But seems of late anything police related, people on these boards go crazy on the cops as a whole. These boards are very informative though and help me tweak in a positive way, the way I have to interact with people form time to time.

topless
05-26-2005, 12:34 PM
I think you are putting words in my mouth topless, I never mentioned above the law and the mercy was geared towards the LAPD. Not the dumb ass who left the scene of a life threatening emergency.Now you're pissing me off again. I even quoted what you said and yes, what you said does sound like you think LAPD is above the law. Why would you even mention MERCY if you didn't think that? Lets all say it's OK because he was off duty. He was just out having fun and oops, hit some lake lice who shouldn't have been in his way. It must have been someone elses fault. :idea:

LAPII
05-26-2005, 12:39 PM
How bout you read it one more time. Don't read what it "sounds like", but what it actually says. All too often, people read into too much what is actually being typed. Again, the guy will fry and rightly so.

LAPII
05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
I guess Bob but that goes for priests, presidents, fireman, lawyers, doctors, construction workers, business owners, and so on......... Karma is karma and it will always get you.

topless
05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
How bout you read it one more time. Don't read what it "sounds like", but what it actually says. All too often, people read into too much what is actually being typed. Again, the guy will fry and rightly so.
So tell me then, why do you mention MERCY?

LAPII
05-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Mercy= please don't think LAPD is teaching their employees to go out and run over a fellow boater and then run from the scene of an accident. Again, not here to make enemies just trying to clarify that he was on his personal time and no matter what his profession is or was, he fucd' up and will pay dearly.

Biglue
05-26-2005, 12:52 PM
So tell me then, why do you mention MERCY?
Tom must be having a cigarette by now huh? :D

Biglue
05-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Mercy= please don't think LAPD is teaching their employees to go out and run over a fellow boater and then run from the scene of an accident. Again, not here to make enemies just trying to clarify that he was on his personal time and no matter what his profession is or was, he fucd' up and will pay dearly.
I myself think that this officer is really a bad example for what he did. Like I mentioned before LAP11, he is one who the public relies on. How could he leave him there? It's one thing to be intoxicated which I understand will scare the shit out of someone in a case like this. But you cannot think of what trouble you are about to face is greater than the death of the pwc'r or changing his life at the very least. Just my .02

topless
05-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Tom must be having a cigarette by now huh? :DHe's still masterbating. :jawdrop: Now piss me off some more. :D

OGShocker
05-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Speaking of Bob...I talked to him last night. He's on his way to France right about now....THAT BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Must be rough, but someone has to do it.
You want to go to FRANCE? Just go to a pig farm in Tennesee, eat cheese and have a nice glass of red. It would smell the same as France. :crossx:

Biglue
05-26-2005, 12:59 PM
He's still masterbating. :jawdrop: Now piss me off some more. :D
I think Tom had trouble achieving the 7.5 minute average of most men. It's been at least ten minutes since you got pissed off. He's at least 5 minutes into his 8 hour recovery sleep. :D :D :D

hoolign
05-26-2005, 01:24 PM
A plumber or dentist doesnt take an oath to uphold the law...so it does matter what profession it was! I say he should get the highest punishment allowable..for disobeying a law that he enforces!

topless
05-26-2005, 01:26 PM
A plumber or dentist doesnt take an oath to uphold the law...so it does matter what profession it was! I say he should get the highest punishment allowable..for disobeying a law that he enforces!
You don't get it. He's ABOVE the law. :messedup:

Racer277
05-26-2005, 01:33 PM
So why don't they put you f'ers in general pop when you commit a crime?
Your no longer a cop, but we protect your ass by protecting you in the slammer? Please explain that to me.
Yes, it does matter what your profession is. Yes, we do hold you to a higher standard, that's why you get the free coffee and donuts.
I'm also fascinated that you guys continually get raises for an entry level job, but that's a whole nother conversation....
You are a true blue representitive for your profession.

topless
05-26-2005, 01:47 PM
So why don't they put you f'ers in general pop when you commit a crime?
Your no longer a cop, but we protect your ass by protecting you in the slammer? Please explain that to me.
Yes, it does matter what your profession is. Yes, we do hold you to a higher standard, that's why you get the free coffee and donuts.
I'm also fascinated that you guys continually get raises for an entry level job, but that's a whole nother conversation....
You are a true blue representitive for your profession.I see he pissed you off too. Don't let Tom read that. :coffeycup

NashvilleBound
05-26-2005, 02:04 PM
You want to go to FRANCE? Just go to a pig farm in Tennesee, eat cheese and have a nice glass of red. It would smell the same as France. :crossx:
I was going through the thread enjoying the conversation and came upon this .....LOL...Ya, France, TN eh?? whatever.....I think he's going over seas! France smells nothing like TN....even in the middle of a pig farm. Italy is way over rated.

LAPII
05-26-2005, 02:48 PM
I guess repetition is the only way some learn. :hammerhea

Tom Brown
05-26-2005, 03:07 PM
I was trying to make you horney. Did it work? :idea:
It always works. :cool:
I don't think there should be a double standard for cops. They shouldn't be allowed to break the law as part of a 'job perk'... and they aren't allowed... truth be known, cops who break the law are criminals... and they shouldn't be punished in the interest of making an example of them. What happened to all men being created equal?
Sure, cops won't cite cops for petty crimes but get a picture of a cop doing something illegal and send a copy to the detachment. ... of course, sent it anonymously... or you'll have to watch your ass. :D

FHI-prez
05-26-2005, 05:36 PM
I guess repetition is the only way some learn. :hammerhea
You are absolutely correct. Most people learn by repetition. I know I do. I've repeatedly learned that cops fuk up as much as everyone else. I've also repeatedely learned that most cops are complete a$$holes when they are in cop mode. That little smirk. That I'm so powerful and important look they give you when they write you a ticket. I've been around a LOT of cops because my little brother is one, and there isn't but a couple of them that don't have a real bug up their ass!
Now, call it power going to the head, call it bravado, call it just hanging out with convicts and lowlifes all day long causes this. You know it doesn't really matter. Listen I KNOW I'D BE A TOTAL PRICK IF I WAS A COP AND TO DEAL WITH THE SCUM OF SOCIETY EVERYDAY! But you know what else, nobody held a gun to my head and forced me to be a cop, so I didn't join the force. I knew that the benefits of being a cop wouldn't be enough for me to be able to deal with the sh!t side of being a cop.
Like it or not, people love to see cops getting into trouble. There are a few cops around here I like, but most of them I'd laugh my ass off to see them on the other side of the bars just once!
Let's face it, in many cases it's a shit job. People spit on you. Piss and shit in the back of your car, then you have to deal with them. Swear at you when you are arresting them, threaten your family. I've see all this in two nights riding with my brother. Oh yeah, not to mention vomiting all over the place or faking a heart condition so you have to sit in the damn hospital and babysit most of a shift.
Most cops turn into pricks. That's a fact of life. Not all, but most. Like I said, I would be if I were a cop, hell I'm a prick now. The other fact of life is that a cop has a LOT of enemies with the john q public that he has never met just because of his job.
And let me let you in on a little secret, people love to see cops get into trouble mainly because they naturally assume that they get away with a LOT more than they get into trouble for, and I think if you were honest, you'd probably agree with that statement.
Hey if I get pulled over for a DUI, there is no chance IN HELL one of the cops is going to either let me go or give me a ride home. I'm goin to jail! Cop gets pulled over for DUI off duty, no one gets hurt, no harm no foul, he goes home.
No cop is going to arrest a fellow officer for anything if he thinks no one would be the wiser. No one gets hurt....go home and don't do it again. :rolleyes:
But by your argument, because he's off duty, he's not representing the police force, he should be treated like every other person. Bullshit, cops get benefits from being a cop even when they aren't on duty. Well guess what, there's drawbacks to being a cop EVEN WHEN YOU'RE OFF DUTY.

Kilrtoy
05-26-2005, 05:57 PM
And let me let you in on a little secret, people love to see cops get into trouble mainly because they naturally assume that they get away with a LOT more than they get into trouble for, and I think if you were honest, you'd probably agree with that statement.
This is about the only thing you said that is true.....
Where does your brother work........
LR2, people were taking your statement out of context that a base regular police officer make 80K....

Kilrtoy
05-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Is that after they take out your health and retirement
back at cha-----------> :wink:

RACRJEFF
05-26-2005, 06:07 PM
This is what lapd hires,they overlook everything to make a federal mandated hiring practice. I can say this as i sit next to my wife cause this guy was in her academy class he was an idiot then hes an idiot now!!! just like rafael perez no ever mentions chino p.d. turned him down cause he was a known gangster but l.a.p.d. says you fit the mandated description of what we need heres your badge!!!!!!!

hoolign
05-26-2005, 06:14 PM
You don't get it. He's ABOVE the law. :messedup:
yeah..I say fu ck him..fry his ass at what ever voltage gets the job done!!!! kinda like a fireman who leaves a campfire burning!...sign up...pay up!!!!

FHI-prez
05-26-2005, 06:56 PM
This is about the only thing you said that is true.....
Where does your brother work........
Then maybe you should read the post again. Ummm....they do work with the scum of society (criminals) right? Of course they do, I said that in the post as well.
People fake illness all the time to get away from going straight to jail....this is also true...doesn't always work, but they try it a lot.
I also said I'm a prick...that is also true...you will have to take my word for it.
I also said most cops are pricks....most of them would admit to that....but that is subjective...so I'll give you that one. BTW a real nice guy cop doesn't last very long with the people they have to deal with....food for thought. They kinda have to be assholes. Besides I also said in my post that cops are assholes when they are in cop mode. I think most of them being honest with themselves would tend to agree. Maybe not.
I also implied that no one is forced to be a cop....that is true isn't it? Or was there a draft that I'm not aware of? Yes I'm being a smartass here.
I also said people piss, shit, spit, and vomit in there cars all the time....try to find a cop that has been one for any length of time...I bet they've seen all of them. Oh and when this happens, you have to drive to the jail, have some trustees come out and clean the car for you. It's treated as a biohazzard and can take quite awhile, a real pain in the ass if it's toward the end of your shift.
And I also said that a cop is MUCH less likely to get a DUI or similar charge than the average joe, especially if no one was hurt. But in a round about way you sort of conceded this point...so I guess it's moot.
I also said that there are benefits to being a cop on and off duty. There are also drawbacks to being a cop on and off duty. This is probably the least controversial statement I made. Do you not agree. You think an off duty cop is treated the same as everyone else if he gets pulled over for speeding? I hope you don't really believe that.
So maybe it would be helpful if you point out what I said that wasn't true. Or maybe you should do some ride alongs with your local PD and see for yourself. It's quite an eye opening experience let me tell you. Or maybe you are a cop and just took offense to everything I said, if that's the case I'm sorry for offending you.
BTW my brother is a deputy for the SO.

Kilrtoy
05-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Where does your brother work, Im gonna call and request a ride along with him...
I want to see how its really done......
and no cops are not assholes when in cop mode..... Im sure some are, but to paint a broad stroke on all cops like that is not only disrpectful, it is just plain wrong......
Cops get dui's all the time...
and lets see all jobs have benefits.....
let us know what you do and im sure I can find plenty of benifits....

FHI-prez
05-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Where does your brother work, Im gonna call and request a ride along with him...
I want to see how its really done......
and no cops are not assholes when in cop mode..... Im sure some are, but to paint a broad stroke on all cops like that is not only disrpectful, it is just plain wrong......
Cops get dui's all the time...
and lets see all jobs have benefits.....
let us know what you do and im sure I can find plenty of benifits....
Well I kinda sorta conceded the point about the cops are assholes point. Besides, I'm sure it didn't come across this way, but I do have the utmost respect for what cops have to deal with. That being said, there are many cops I could name that really need to spend a night in jail, might give them some insight. Being that I have a cop in the family who also happens to be my best friend, I know how hard they have it sometimes. But if you think I'd give the name of my brother on the internet, and where he works, so someone can give him a hard time....you are out of your mind.
Cops get DUI's all the time? Define all the time. So by this you are implying that no special treatment is given to a cop when he is pulled over? I hope you are kidding. Yes cops do get into trouble, but usually only when it's unavoidable. If they hurt someone, they are in deep shit usually, much worse than if the average guy does the same.
By the way, my brother, not a very good cop. He's quiet, doesn't hate anyone, and is much closer to a saint than I could ever be. He'd be the first to admit the job isn't for him....which is why he is looking for a career change. If all cops were as nice as him there would be friggin anarchy. But it doesn't take long for one to realize that he is not the average cop when you hang around some of the other officers chewing the fat together at a local parking lot. Some of things you hear make you wonder, and make you really not want to get into trouble. There are some guys out there that can turn "cop mode" on and off at will. They are very few and far between, but they do exist. I've even noticed a change in my baby brother, and not for the better. I told him I noticed it, and he had already realized it. He's already lost a wife mostly because of the job....or so she said.
I'm not bashing cops. They have a shit job at times, and it takes a very "strong" person to deal with it all.
BTW I own my own company, some days not too different from getting shit or pissed on....just pays better. :D There are benefits to what I do and there are drawbacks, but just like they teach you in the academy....I knew that going in. Any cop will tell you, they work very hard in the academy to make sure you realize that when you become an officer, you better keep your nose clean, because you will crucified if you don't. Fortunately, if I screw up, unless it's REALLY bad, I don't make for a very good discusion on ***boat.

Kilrtoy
05-26-2005, 07:41 PM
See its stories like this that make people hate cops...
Yes they do get in trouble and yes they do get arrested and yes WHEN ITS NOT AVOIDABLE....
The stories you are telling, are from the 60's or he works in the sticks, which is where Im guessing your brother works....

SHOTKALLIN
05-26-2005, 07:51 PM
I agree 100% It's kind of like smoking ganja one night and then getting tested for it 29 days later. The test turns out positive. You get fired for being stoned on the job. We are not robots. We must have life outside of work. Sometimes poor choices are made and consequences will follow. For this guy, he will take some classes and be on probation.
Wicky
I totaly disagree. Bratton will make an example out of this guy just to deter any other incidents from tarnishing the dept. After this guy get hung out to dry others will think twice about staying sober or having a d.d. while boating. The oui isn't even the worst of it. Its the abandoning the injured that leaves the dark cloud over the dept. Sad to say but there will be no bicycle for this guy.

Tom Brown
05-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Wicky
Wicky, you're one of the coolest people I know. :cool:

FHI-prez
05-26-2005, 08:02 PM
See its stories like this that make people hate cops...
Yes they do get in trouble and yes they do get arrested and yes WHEN ITS NOT AVOIDABLE....
The stories you are telling, are from the 60's or he works in the sticks, which is where Im guessing your brother works....
lol sticks....well...then I suppose a few million people live in the same sticks.
Don't ask me, ask a cop, any cop. Would you possibly ruin the career of a fellow officer because he had a little too much to drink and drove home? Or would you try to help if there was any way possible for you to make sure he gets home safely to sleep it off? I think when other officers got wind that Dudley Dooright over there arrested officer Timmy for DUI because he blew 1 over the legal limit, might give good 'ole Dudley are hard time.....don't ya think?
Trust me, people don't hate cops because of "stories", many people hate cops because they feel that cops treat them poorly. Do cops always treat people poorly, of course not. Does pretty much everyone have a story about a cop that was an asshole to them without good reason? Probably. I know I do. They have to enter every situation with their guard up, or the one car they stroll up to, might be the one that's get's them shot.
Sorry to shoot holes in your utopia, but I've gotten "special" treatment because an officer saw my last name! "Is so and so related to you?" ...umm ya. "Try to be more careful next time". But trust me, if this same cop pulled my brother over, he'd throw the book at him! It's next to impossible to get a speeding ticket with a gold star in your back window! I'm gonna miss that!
My brother was born in '76....so the 60's are a bad guess.
And sorry, still laughing about "sticks".

Kilrtoy
05-26-2005, 09:16 PM
lol sticks....well...then I suppose a few million people live in the same sticks.
Don't ask me, ask a cop, any cop. Would you possibly ruin the career of a fellow officer because he had a little too much to drink and drove home? Or would you try to help if there was any way possible for you to make sure he gets home safely to sleep it off? I think when other officers got wind that Dudley Dooright over there arrested officer Timmy for DUI because he blew 1 over the legal limit, might give good 'ole Dudley are hard time.....don't ya think?
Trust me, people don't hate cops because of "stories", many people hate cops because they feel that cops treat them poorly. Do cops always treat people poorly, of course not. Does pretty much everyone have a story about a cop that was an asshole to them without good reason? Probably. I know I do. They have to enter every situation with their guard up, or the one car they stroll up to, might be the one that's get's them shot.
Sorry to shoot holes in your utopia, but I've gotten "special" treatment because an officer saw my last name! "Is so and so related to you?" ...umm ya. "Try to be more careful next time". But trust me, if this same cop pulled my brother over, he'd throw the book at him! It's next to impossible to get a speeding ticket with a gold star in your back window! I'm gonna miss that!
My brother was born in '76....so the 60's are a bad guess.
And sorry, still laughing about "sticks".
So after reading your , I dont know what to call it.....
You feel that you can break the law and get away with it, becuase your brother is a deputy.....
Thats CUTE.... Nice morals , what did you call it....DUDLEY DOORIGHT....
Talk about stuff you know, not the stories you watch on cops...

my21advantage
05-26-2005, 09:36 PM
You feel that you can break the law and get away with it, becuase your brother is a deputy.....
Ditto...

jstwkd
05-26-2005, 10:43 PM
I honestly think they should be held to a higher standard.dont cops take an oath to protect and serve.On or off duty....We as people are supposed to look to them for help.
As far as cops go.They have to the end of there very first sentence with me...and I can tell if they are a dick or not.I will treat them exactly the way they treat me...And usually thats when the power trip starts.....I have delt with cops over a ton of crap.Made freinds with some,enemies with others...I have even fought one off duty...when he realized he was going to loose out came the bagde....Told me he would take me to jail...After he chased me off the highway....
I have a half dozen buddies that are cops,detectives,etc....They arent all bad but most come off as pricks...thats the bottom line....you treat me with respect and I will give you the same respect back...talk to me like your big brother..then you can kiss my a$$....I will make his life as hard as I can while he is in my presence....period....but that goes for anyone...only I generally dont find to many pricks in the general public....The LAW is the Law the should be held accountable to the extent of the law....They are supposed to know better.

FHI-prez
05-27-2005, 03:48 AM
Once again you have shown an amazing ability to completely miss the point of my post. It's uncanny really. Yeah, I speed sometimes, especially when I'm in a hurry. Yes, it's breaking the law. But I'm sure someone of your high moral standing and rose colored view of the world never exceeds the speed limit. Or do ya? You a hypocrite? My point was, I've been pulled over before (and please, try to read this with your eyes open) and I should have got a ticket. I was going like 15 over or something like that. I didn't throw out names. Didn't say a word. Cop saw my name. Asked me if I was related. I told him the truth. He said, "slow it down a bit" or some shit like that. Is that clear for ya? Does this translate into moral depravity as far as your Highness is concerned? I'm sure if you were in my situation you would have insisted that he give you the ticket wouldn't you? I'm so ashamed of what I've done, I'm not sure I can live with myself. But like I said, I will miss the fact I get treated better by cops because I'm related to one. Maybe that's moral depravity. I guess it must be.
My point was (again open your eyes so you don't miss it) that if a relative gets "special" treatment, (sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not the only person that has been let out of a speeding ticket), then it only stands to reason that an actual off duty officer would most likely receive the same. Would you not agree? Or are you living in some kind of fantasy world where an off duty cop is treated just like everyone else when it comes to confrontations with the law? That was my point, and why I feel the need to explain this to you is really beyond me.
Like I said, don't take it from me. Ask a cop genius! Any cop that tells you the scales of justice aren't tipped at least a little in his favor is a liar. Plain and simple. But I'm sure if you were a cop, you would treat everyone the same, because of course your high moral fortitude. You would treat an off duty officer the exact same way you would treat obvious gang members riding around too fast. You would treat a car load of nuns exactly the same as you a car load of young kids cussing and spitting at you, god help you if they are under 18, they can be mean little pricks because they know there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. You are a much better man than I, there's no questioning that. Told you I was a prick.
Here's a story for ya that wasn't on cops because it happened to me last week. I get rear ended by this girl. She gets out of the car, runs up to me as I'm sitting there pissed at knowing how long this is going to take, and my day is going to be all f'd up, she runs up to me, "OMG, DO YOU HAVE WHIPLASH??" She was as cute as a button, couldn't be cuter. Cop finally comes. Find out she's only fifteen! Oh crap. No license. No insurance. No nothing. Wanna know what happened. The cop told me he wasn't going to fault her. And, pay attention now, he's the hook, don't miss it, he let her drive away. No license, no insurance, no ticket. She cried on his shoulder, and poof, all was forgiven. Yep, I'm gonna have his badge for failure to report. He is as good as fired. (Actually i'm kidding, it's just a bumper, not worth the hassle, I'd never do that to someone anyway) But I could easily have his job. In fact I told him so. He agreed that it was pretty stupid, but he's a young guy, he'll learn the hard way probably.

NashvilleBound
05-27-2005, 06:47 AM
Once again you have shown an amazing ability to completely miss the point of my post. It's uncanny really.
I am not siding with one or the other but I guess I am miss reading your posts too. I think your sliding to the wrong side of the law. Just my perspective..... I have a question. Is the oath that you swore to uphold anything like that of an officer in the military? To be honest I dont know... just trying to educate myself here. In the military (just using this due to its the closest) your accountable for ALL your actions ALL the time...everything down to bouncing check. I would think that an Officer of the LAW you might be under the same guildlines. Leaving a person hurt... regardless of who or what you are....there without rendering aid ESPECIALLY since he's the one who caused this whole mess, is UNEXCUSABLE! Once again.....just my viewpoint.

FHI-prez
05-27-2005, 11:23 AM
I am not siding with one or the other but I guess I am miss reading your posts too. I think your sliding to the wrong side of the law. Just my perspective..... I have a question. Is the oath that you swore to uphold anything like that of an officer in the military? To be honest I dont know... just trying to educate myself here. In the military (just using this due to its the closest) your accountable for ALL your actions ALL the time...everything down to bouncing check. I would think that an Officer of the LAW you might be under the same guildlines. Leaving a person hurt... regardless of who or what you are....there without rendering aid ESPECIALLY since he's the one who caused this whole mess, is UNEXCUSABLE! Once again.....just my viewpoint.
I suppose you could say that there is a strong correlation between the military code of ethics and the police dept's. The difference in the military I guess would be that when you are in the military you are uncle sam's. You basically belong to them. You have to do what you're told, and you really can't just quit. I suppose in some cases you could just quit, but in other cases you will end up in jail. The military is more of an agreement between you and the govt that you agree to do your duty, and they agree to train you and give you benefits for the rest of your life for a reletively short time on active duty.
I suppose I'd say being a police officer is somewhere between the military and any normal job. It has much more responsibility than an average burger flopper, but it also has a LOT more power. As a cop you can hold the fate of an average citizen in your hands, that's a bit extreme, but true at least to some degree. Cops are/should/must be held to a higher standard than say a carpenter.
But I still maintain that when a cop lacks integrity, the ramifications are much greater than when a carpenter lacks integrity. Cops are people too, but their actions or lack there of, can grossly affect another person when it comes to legal problems. If a drunk driver kills an innocent person, does it really matter to the family what profession the drunk driver had? No, but cops are out numbered 1000:1 The only way they are able to keep the "peace" is for the general public to be able to trust that they are there to do the right thing, even when the average citizen isn't. This is really the oath they take. They vow to uphold the law. Some do a better job than others, that goes for any profession. They know LONG before they ever hit the street, that if they get charged with a crime, it will come at a high price, even higher in some cases than joe citizen.
If your job requires a CDL and you get a DUI on your day off. You are in deep shit even after the judge gets through with you. It's not just policeman that have to be accountable to their employer on their days off.
Some are making the argument that the cop shouldn't be tied to his job when he's off duty. Well again, ask any cop, they KNOW they are somewhat tied to their job when they are off duty. The only time they deny it is when they get into trouble and their career is at risk. Think of it this way. You get into a heated argument with person. Things escalate and a fight is starting. If this off duty cop pulls out his badge in his wallet right before you punch him, did you just pop some guy? No, you assaulted a police officer. "But he was off duty!" Doesn't matter. An off duty cop can be a police officer in a split second if the situation calls for it. If it comes down to you and an off duty officer testifying in court as to who did what, who do you think has the advantage? And you'll shit eggroles when this "off duty" cop shows up to court in his dress blues.
I'm most certainly not sliding to the wrong side of the law, but like I said whether the police like it or not, they ARE held to a higher standard even when they are off duty. It all goes back to the trust the people have in their police dept. The sherriff or chief jobs depend on it. When a cop messes up, the first to disown him will be his bosses.
It's not like in the movies. When a cop shoots someone in the line of duty, he doesn't drive home and poor a stiff one to cope with the day. Well he might, but not before he is put on leave, takes off his uniform, hands in his gun (you have to find some clothes to go home in....I think they may provide you with a tee shirt and shorts or something) and basically is on a stress filled paid vacation until they can determine if he acted within dept policy in the shooting. Your job is always on the chopping block. Part of the fun I guess.
It's one hell of a tough job, and I have the utmost respect for those who do that job with integrity and compassion. For those cops who are on a power trip, I have no repect for them at all. There's no middle ground with me on this one.

topless
05-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Damn this got a little heated. I personally have friends that are cops and are the coolest people. I also know asshole cops. I even got slammed against a cop car once and almost hog tied. (we won't go int that) But then again, there are assholes who are NOT cops. My point being, people are people and you are not going to like everyone so it's not fair to catagorize people by profession.
Thank you and have a nice day. :D

Tom Brown
05-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey FHI, I understand you're passionate about this issue but would you mind pearing down your posts to the bare essentials? You're slowing down the forum database.

topless
05-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey FHI, I understand you're passionate about this issue but would you mind pearing down your posts to the bare essentials? You're slowing down the forum database.
Thank you Tom....LMAO! :D

Tom Brown
05-27-2005, 11:29 AM
I even got slammed against a cop car once and almost hog tied.
Next time, I will hog tie you. Then I'll take my sweet time booking you. :cool:
Thank you and have a nice day.

FHI-prez
05-27-2005, 11:36 AM
That may be, but not nearly as much as those people that quote a post with 5 pics in it. :D
Example:
Heres 15 pics of my new ride!
pic pic pic pic pic pic......etc.
Reply,
Same post at thread starter but with
"nice boat!" attached to it. :idea:
touche`

topless
05-27-2005, 11:42 AM
That may be, but not nearly as much as those people that quote a post with 5 pics in it. :D
Example:
Heres 15 pics of my new ride!
pic pic pic pic pic pic......etc.
Reply,
Same post at thread starter but with
"nice boat!" attached to it. :idea:
touche`The only difference is that people WANT to see pictures of boats. They may not want to read a novel here.

FHI-prez
05-27-2005, 11:42 AM
On second thought, I'll agree with you.
Let's get back to those inspiring 15 page threads titled
"So what's your favorite color!!!!!!!???????"
"who has the biggest winkie???!!!
"15 gazillion names for a fart in an elevator!!!!!!>>>>:::"">???????"

topless
05-27-2005, 11:44 AM
On second thought, I'll agree with you.
Let's get back to those inspiring 15 page threads titled
"So what's your favorite color!!!!!!!???????"
"who has the biggest winkie???!!!
"15 gazillion names for a fart in an elevator!!!!!!>>>>:::"">???????"Ok, I'll start one just for you. :rolleyes:

FHI-prez
05-27-2005, 11:46 AM
The only difference is that people WANT to see pictures of boats. They may not want to read a novel here.
Agreed. But I was kinda sorta pokin fun at constantly quoting a post only to repost the pics right below the quoted post.....or...umm....ah forget it, I give up lol. I guess if you don't have 40 million posts in the "sandbar" no matter what you say or do will be picked apart. Good thing I enjoy typing :D

topless
05-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Good thing I enjoy typing :DYou do? I'd have never guessed.

lucky
05-27-2005, 11:47 AM
I have a big winkie --- if you play with it it will be a creamfilled twinkie

topless
05-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Agreed. But I was kinda sorta pokin fun at constantly quoting a post only to repost the pics right below the quoted post.....or...umm....ah forget it, I give up lol. I guess if you don't have 40 million posts in the "sandbar" no matter what you say or do will be picked apart. Good thing I enjoy typing :D
So did you see the thread I started in your honor?

FHI-prez
05-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Whatever do you mean??? :p

NashvilleBound
05-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I was going to copy your post and go into more detail but the visual of Topless hogtied and slammed has me all flustered................ :220v: :220v: :220v:

RACRJEFF
05-27-2005, 02:26 PM
he will lose his job, dont care who is lawyer is. lapd is pretty strict on it. the only ones that get away with this shit, seems to be commanders and above and its only cause they control the departments who investigate it. NYPD is notorious for making things disappear. LAPD has to many civi's watching them. now will he do some jail time?????? If he does he won't get the pass from la. county sheriff since it didnt happen here, does monterey county seperate L.E. like L.A.S.O. does???

Kilrtoy
05-27-2005, 02:37 PM
It's next to impossible to get a speeding ticket with a gold star in your back window! I'm gonna miss that!
".
I hope I didnt miss copy what you wrote, its exactly what you said....
You feel you can break the law because your brother is a cop.....

Kilrtoy
05-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Once again you have shown an amazing ability to completely miss the point of my post. It's uncanny really. Yeah, I speed sometimes, especially when I'm in a hurry. Yes, it's breaking the law. But I'm sure someone of your high moral standing and rose colored view of the world never exceeds the speed limit. Or do ya? You a hypocrite? My point was, I've been pulled over before (and please, try to read this with your eyes open) and I should have got a ticket. I was going like 15 over or something like that. I didn't throw out names. Didn't say a word. Cop saw my name. Asked me if I was related. I told him the truth. He said, "slow it down a bit" or some shit like that. Is that clear for ya? Does this translate into moral depravity as far as your Highness is concerned? I'm sure if you were in my situation you would have insisted that he give you the ticket wouldn't you? I'm so ashamed of what I've done, I'm not sure I can live with myself. But like I said, I will miss the fact I get treated better by cops because I'm related to one. Maybe that's moral depravity. I guess it must be.
My point was (again open your eyes so you don't miss it) that if a relative gets "special" treatment, (sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not the only person that has been let out of a speeding ticket), then it only stands to reason that an actual off duty officer would most likely receive the same. Would you not agree? Or are you living in some kind of fantasy world where an off duty cop is treated just like everyone else when it comes to confrontations with the law? That was my point, and why I feel the need to explain this to you is really beyond me.
Like I said, don't take it from me. Ask a cop genius! Any cop that tells you the scales of justice aren't tipped at least a little in his favor is a liar. Plain and simple. But I'm sure if you were a cop, you would treat everyone the same, because of course your high moral fortitude. You would treat an off duty officer the exact same way you would treat obvious gang members riding around too fast. You would treat a car load of nuns exactly the same as you a car load of young kids cussing and spitting at you, god help you if they are under 18, they can be mean little pricks because they know there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. You are a much better man than I, there's no questioning that. Told you I was a prick.
Here's a story for ya that wasn't on cops because it happened to me last week. I get rear ended by this girl. She gets out of the car, runs up to me as I'm sitting there pissed at knowing how long this is going to take, and my day is going to be all f'd up, she runs up to me, "OMG, DO YOU HAVE WHIPLASH??" She was as cute as a button, couldn't be cuter. Cop finally comes. Find out she's only fifteen! Oh crap. No license. No insurance. No nothing. Wanna know what happened. The cop told me he wasn't going to fault her. And, pay attention now, he's the hook, don't miss it, he let her drive away. No license, no insurance, no ticket. She cried on his shoulder, and poof, all was forgiven. Yep, I'm gonna have his badge for failure to report. He is as good as fired. (Actually i'm kidding, it's just a bumper, not worth the hassle, I'd never do that to someone anyway) But I could easily have his job. In fact I told him so. He agreed that it was pretty stupid, but he's a young guy, he'll learn the hard way probably.
Another novella......
For not being a cop you sure know alot , or think you know alot.....
I am starting to think you wanted to be a cop your whole life, but were too short , too fat or just plain didnt have what it took to cut the mustard....
So you became a Novella writer for Hot Boat.....
Try sticking to what you know........ Cuz it sure aint police work......

24ROD
05-27-2005, 03:03 PM
I say hang the no balls focker. Does not matter who you are, you don't leave the seen. Period...........................................

FHI-prez
05-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Another novella......
For not being a cop you sure know alot , or think you know alot.....
I am starting to think you wanted to be a cop your whole life, but were too short , too fat or just plain didnt have what it took to cut the mustard....
So you became a Novella writer for Hot Boat.....
Try sticking to what you know........ Cuz it sure aint police work......
I must admit you are consistent. When you're idiot logic doesn't work you just insult. *applause* well done.
Kilr we could banter back and forth all the way to the end of time. It's a stupid internet thread which by looking at your post count you have nothing better to do. But I'M the writer lol. Say whatever you want, I could really care less, you couldn't mean less to me....along with your ridiculously idealistic vomit, you call an opinion. My opinion is much darker, sarcastic, pessimistic, and stereotyping and it works for me.
I'm a realist, and apparently you're and idiot..... :p
Be that as it may, we'll never agree, and I've wasted all the time I'm gonna waste responding to your bullshit. So please, go see if you can't hit you're 20,000 post, maybe you're going for the free box of steaks. You obviously don't have an opinion of your own as all you can do is say I'm wrong.
now....back to the dick and fart jokes....

NashvilleBound
05-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Oh Shitt...Theres a box of steaks when I hit 20,000???? I gotta get movin' :D :D :D :D :D :D

FHI-prez
05-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Oh Shitt...Theres a box of steaks when I hit 20,000???? I gotta get movin' :D :D :D :D :D :D
better get movin is right! You aren't even close! They'll be rotten by the time you get there....or fossilized. :skull:

Kilrtoy
05-27-2005, 07:17 PM
I must admit you are consistent. When you're idiot logic doesn't work you just insult. *applause* well done. ....
Come back and talk about stuff you know... Not what you sit on the other end of the telephone line and touch yourself too
Kilr we could banter back and forth all the way to the end of time. It's a stupid internet thread.....
ABout the only thing you have commented on that is true
But I'M the writer lol. Say whatever you want, I could really care less, you couldn't mean less to me....along with your ridiculously idealistic vomit, you call an opinion. My opinion is much darker, sarcastic, pessimistic, and stereotyping and it works for me.
Again this is your opinion, something you dont live , well I guess you do thru your brother....
I'm a realist, and apparently you're and idiot..... :p
Then you need to REALIZE you are living thru your brother.....
Be that as it may, we'll never agree, and I've wasted all the time I'm gonna waste responding to your bullshit. So please, go see if you can't hit you're 20,000 post, maybe you're going for the free box of steaks. You obviously don't have an opinion of your own as all you can do is say I'm wrong.
Once again it is your opinion, you are NOT a cop and obviously it bothers you that you are not one....
now....back to the dick and fart jokes....
Your not even good for those....
Im glad you see my post count now send me my steaks, BIATCH....
Cuz you already won the BOOB prize.....
REAL COP STORIES AS TOLD BY FHI-prez, who lives vicariously thru his brother and only can be told as a an outsider can tell real police stories.... second hand....
Tell us what you do for a living...., or are you one of those do it, know it all

Boatcop
05-27-2005, 07:22 PM
http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.phpi/463c5922/arguing.jpg&cb=1115204527

Kilrtoy
05-27-2005, 07:30 PM
I know Alan....
but im having fun with this I live thru my brother cop..... :D

piper
05-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Will I go to hell if I laugh at that image BoatCop posted???
Ah f$#K it.... HA! HA! HA!

boxscore
05-27-2005, 10:01 PM
HEY KILR... Don't take any shit! I got your back. ( Now you'll sleep good this holiday weekend for sure.)

Kilrtoy
05-27-2005, 10:37 PM
HEY KILR... Don't take any shit! I got your back. ( Now you'll sleep good this holiday weekend for sure.)
Thanks BOX, Im about to step aside and let my 6 year old son play with I LIVE THRU MY BROTHER IS A COP AND I KNOW EVERYTHING...
My son knows more about police work than FHI-prez.......

boxscore
05-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Why aren't you out rippin up the H2O?

FHI-prez
05-28-2005, 06:12 AM
Your steaks are in the mail Kilr. You are truly the one and only God of the sandbar. I bow to your posting prowess. What a f'n lozer. :sleeping: I feel sorry for your kid.

Double Quick
05-28-2005, 06:50 AM
Klr give it up :hammer2: You got spanked :(

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 07:09 AM
I think you both should give it a rest.....start arguing about something new....this is like beating a dead horse....

FHI-prez
05-28-2005, 07:45 AM
I think you both should give it a rest.....start arguing about something new....this is like beating a dead horse....
I would agree, but I'd rather not even argue with an idiot. Would be interesting if he actually had a viewpoint and would try to support it. But all he does is pick apart what other people say....hmmm maybe it's been the six year old all along :confused: I'm surprised he hasn't busted out the "I'm rubber and you're glue" line. . . . . :D And apparently he has nothing better to do than post on ***boat.

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 08:03 AM
:idea: and I think you should relax on the name calling....... :idea:
But who am I to say anything....... :notam: :notam:

FHI-prez
05-28-2005, 08:35 AM
yeah, you're right, instead of calling him an idiot, I think God of the Sandbar is more PC. Still means the same thing tho....is that wrong? lol
Incidentally, some quick math reveals he posts on average 30x a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Wow, who can compete with that!
I kneel before klr, almighty warrior and God of the sandbar!! :notam:

Tom Brown
05-28-2005, 09:34 AM
I think you both should give it a rest.....
I take it the reason you want them to stop is you are fatiguing of this argument. :D
It seems to me that Kilr has conducted himself with a certain amount of class and, I dare say, even restraint in this thread. I hope I get a chance to meet him one day. :cool:
FHI, you're clearly passionate about this issue. I too believe there are multiple standards in place, when it comes to interpreting and enforcing the law. Still, I know several police officers and a couple of the people I respect most are police officers. As it happens, I don't know any that I would consider corrupt in any way.
It seems to me, it's more than just the police versus the rest of the population. A few years ago, I passed out in front of a grocery store. When I came to, one of the people standing around me was a policeman. These people were concerned and helpful. I have absolutely no doubt I was never in any legal trouble.
... now take someone who looks like a bum... unwashed, unkempt hair, grubby clothes... put them in the same situation and it's pretty much certain they would have ended up at the police station and would have had to explain their situation, which could have easily been identical to my own.
By the way, I got out of a speeding ticket a couple of years ago. That was in a town where I didn't know anyone or have any pull of any kind.
I think the reason I was let off with a warning is that I drive a respectable car, I look reasonably neat and tidy, and I was respectful, honest, and direct with the officer. I didn't try to sugar him up with the "yes sir" business, either. I just said my peace. "Do you know how fast you were going?" "Yes" "Do you know what the speed limit is on this roadway?" "Yes" I knew I deserved a ticket and was pleasantly surprised when one wasn't issued ... so I got away with doing about 10 mph over the speed limit (105 km/h in a 90 km/h zone).
Maybe the double standard applies to me too. Maybe it applies to people who conduct themselves with some self respect and are reasonable to deal with. I hope so. :)

Tom Brown
05-28-2005, 09:36 AM
I think you and Kilrtoy should fight. http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
I'll take on the winner. :cool:

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 09:54 AM
I have been watching Kilrs posts and your too for that matter. I would like to meet both of you sometime. I am trying to fly to San Diego next weekend..... maybe be at Havasu the weekend after that...11-14 I was going to post something when I knew it for sure. And yes....I am tiring of this same battle of wits. Lets start something new to keep my interest.... and I'll fight you for the winner;)

DCBob
05-28-2005, 09:55 AM
I think this thread has outlived any reasonable persons interpetation of useful info being shared :sleeping:
Can't we all just get along :wink:

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 09:59 AM
I think this thread has outlived any reasonable persons interpetation of useful info being shared :sleeping:
Can't we all just get along :wink:
Good drama keeps things interesting.....this has gone WAY beyond that. :hammerhea

slink
05-28-2005, 10:01 AM
I have been watching Kilrs posts and your too for that matter. I would like to meet both of you sometime. I am trying to fly to San Diego next weekend..... maybe be at Havasu the weekend after that...11-14 I was going to post something when I knew it for sure. And yes....I am tiring of this same battle of wits. Lets start something new to keep my interest.... and I'll fight you for the winner;)
I think Kilr wins until FHI post some pictures of his wife, GF, or Sig. other to compare :D .

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 10:03 AM
I think Kilr wins until FHI post some pictures of his wife, GF, or Sig. other to compare :D .
NOW were talkin'

slink
05-28-2005, 10:05 AM
thought that might liven things up a bit for those of us stuck at home. :wink:

DCBob
05-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Good drama keeps things interesting.....this has gone WAY beyond that. :hammerhea
I think Kilr wins until FHI post some pictures of his wife, GF, or Sig. other to compare .
And, we really should have something better to do on this fine day :D :D

Tom Brown
05-28-2005, 10:07 AM
I'll fight you for the winner;)
Now we're getting somewhere. :D
I actually think this is a worth while argument. On the one hand, police need to work as a team or they couldn't do their jobs. That does imply some favoritism. I believe we need to resist that and enforce the law on police officers.
On the other hand, if we are unjust toward officers and crucify them for any indescression, how are we going to attract good people to police our communities?
I think it's vital that everyone live under the same law. DUI is DUI. This officer should be treated the same as anyone else, given the situation.
I bow to NashvilleBound... oh lord of the sandbar... :D :D :D

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 10:07 AM
I think Kilr wins until FHI post some pictures of his wife, GF, or Sig. other to compare .
And, we really should have something better to do on this fine day :D :D
SOME of us poor bastards are boatless.....whats your exscuse?

DCBob
05-28-2005, 10:09 AM
SOME of us poor bastards are boatless.....whats your exscuse?
Got none :cry:

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Now we're getting somewhere. :D
I actually think this is a worth while argument. On the one hand, police need to work as a team or they couldn't do their jobs. That does imply some favoritism. I believe we need to resist that and enforce the law on police officers.
On the other hand, if we are unjust toward officers and crucify them for any indescression, how are we going to attract good people to police our communities?
I think it's vital that everyone live under the same law. DUI is DUI. This officer should be treated the same as anyone else, given the situation.
I bow to NashvilleBound... oh lord of the sandbar... :D :D :D
Right...Old Man of the Sandbar maybe....... I agree with your post too! I certainly would not want there job......(are we still talking about this?)

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Got none :cry:
Whats wrong with your twins?

DCBob
05-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Whats wrong with your twins?
Nothing, just like to stay clear of the novice drinkers on a big weekend :messedup:

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Nothing, just like to stay clear of the novice drinkers on a big weekend :messedup:
I hear that loud and clear. I can only imagine how crazy it is right now. And without going into detail...ya, twins are good;)

Tom Brown
05-28-2005, 10:23 AM
I'll bet there are three boats on my lake right now.
I'm in town because I have a social engagement this evening but will be leaving town tomorrow morning and staying until Monday night.
That ought to give me plenty of time for more Internet arguing. :D

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 10:26 AM
You talking to meeee???????? :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp: :boxingguy

DCBob
05-28-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm in town because I have a social engagement this evening but will be leaving town tomorrow morning and staying until Monday night.
A totally worthwhile endevor :D

Kilrtoy
05-28-2005, 06:18 PM
yeah, you're right, instead of calling him an idiot, I think God of the Sandbar is more PC. Still means the same thing tho....is that wrong? lol
Incidentally, some quick math reveals he posts on average 30x a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Wow, who can compete with that!
What is so sad is! You know even less than you think, or is it you think Less than you even know....
Sorry it took so long to respond, I had to WORK today...
Can you tell me some more police stories....., I mean your brothers police stories i want to live thru him also....

Blown 472
05-28-2005, 06:21 PM
You pussy. :hammerhea

Double Quick
05-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Popcorn please, no butter :D

Kilrtoy
05-28-2005, 06:27 PM
It seems to me that Kilr has conducted himself with a certain amount of class and, I dare say, even restraint in this thread. I hope I get a chance to meet him one day. :cool:
WTF...
Are you ok TOM....Im getting teary eyed after reading this.....

NashvilleBound
05-29-2005, 03:39 AM
WTF...
Are you ok TOM....Im getting teary eyed after reading this.....
...its just gas...it will pass.....

JetBoatRich
05-29-2005, 05:28 AM
when did that start :D I should get a delivery soon :D

probablecause
05-29-2005, 06:54 AM
Closeup of wife on Cruise to Mexico... :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1838closeup.jpg

Kilrtoy
05-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Closeup of wife on Cruise to Mexico... :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1838closeup.jpg
OH LORD...
Can you please post some more......

Tom Brown
05-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Are you ok TOM....
I'm OK... you're OK. :)

Debbolas
05-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Is Rio Dog ok?
:D

Tom Brown
05-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Is Rio Dog ok?
Let's see... that post was cynical, grouchy, profane, and generally defeatist. :idea:
Yep... he's right as rain. :cool: