PDA

View Full Version : Tow Hitch Question

Huckleberry
05-31-2005, 07:49 PM
I parked my truck in the parking lot of the luxurious Carousel Mall in beautiful dontown San Berdoo today for less than an hour. I came back and some shitbag broke the hitch lock and stole my hitch! :mad: The hitch I had was pretty cool. It was rated at around 10,000 pounds and was adjustable for all different heights by just pulling out a few pins and moving the ball up and down. It had a 2-5/8 and 2" ball already built in.
Now that I'm forced to replace it, I think I want to get a similar type of hitch that I've seen out there. It too is adjustable, but is made out of billet aluminum. People tell me they used to sell them at Extreme Trailers, but the last few times I was there they only sold they type my favorite tweaker just ripped off.
Anyone know the hitch I am talking about & where to get one???

Havasu Hangin'
05-31-2005, 07:51 PM
All over the place. I think I saw them at Arrow Trailer Supplies in Ontario.
Aren't you over 10K lbs,?

Redneck
05-31-2005, 07:52 PM
call Bryan at Desert Auto in hesperia I think he has them

Huckleberry
05-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Yep. Just a few tons though! :D What are those rated for?

phebus
05-31-2005, 07:53 PM
What you are talking about is a Rapid Hitch. RD was selling them at a good price. Check with him.

UnionJack
05-31-2005, 07:54 PM
All over the place. I think I saw them at Arrow Trailer Supplies in Ontario.
Aren't you over 10K lbs,?
Arrow is correct, and I hate to agree with HH

Essex29
05-31-2005, 07:55 PM
check with Riverdave

pixilatedpussy
05-31-2005, 07:55 PM
I parked my truck in the parking lot of the luxurious Carousel Mall in beautiful dontown San Berdoo today for less than an hour. I came back and some shitbag broke the hitch lock and stole my hitch! :mad: The hitch I had was pretty cool. It was rated at around 10,000 pounds and was adjustable for all different heights by just pulling out a few pins and moving the ball up and down. It had a 2-5/8 and 2" ball already built in.
Now that I'm forced to replace it, I think I want to get a similar type of hitch that I've seen out there. It too is adjustable, but is made out of billet aluminum. People tell me they used to sell them at Extreme Trailers, but the last few times I was there they only sold they type my favorite tweaker just ripped off.
Anyone know the hitch I am talking about & where to get one???
Hey...Haven't seen ya in a while! Outlae offroad has what you want sweetie! They are right down the street from your work! ;) Off Rockfield and Lake Forest!!! ;) See ya soon! Hows the bedliner treatin you? tina

Huckleberry
05-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the overwhelming & quick replies! Yep, Rapid Hitch is the one I was thinking of. I checked the specs, and it is only rated at 10,000 pounds? What if my boat and trailer weighs around 12,000???
Tina,
Check your PM's. I may have some work for you & Simon.

Havasu Hangin'
05-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Arrow is correct, and I hate to agree with HH
Ask UJ what it is like to bend a drop hitch by braking too hard! :supp:
Go bigger...I'd hate to see that beautiful boat doing 65MPH ghostriding into the desert...

H20Advantage
05-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Try the Hitch Corner also:
http://www.hitchcorner.com/ball_mounts.htm

H20 Toie
05-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Teague Marine has them also

pixilatedpussy
05-31-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the overwhelming & quick replies! Yep, Rapid Hitch is the one I was thinking of. I checked the specs, and it is only rated at 10,000 pounds? What if my boat and trailer weighs around 12,000???
Tina,
Check your PM's. I may have some work for you & Simon.
Got it!!! Talk to ya tomorrow! :p

Huckleberry
05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Ask UJ what it is like to bend a drop hitch by braking too hard! :supp:
Go bigger...I'd hate to see that beautiful boat doing 65MPH ghostriding into the desert...
Bending is not good, is it??? :D Most everything I'veseen is rated at 10,000 pounds for a standard receiver. Any suggestions?

H20 Toie
05-31-2005, 08:15 PM
check with accurate trailers in Santa clarita they have some that are rated for more than 10k

Huckleberry
05-31-2005, 08:18 PM
This is the piece of crap lock I had on there. They broke it off without any problems it appears. Pice of shiat!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/69locks.bmp

phebus
05-31-2005, 08:19 PM
If you don't need an adjustable hitch (which I don't know if you'll find with the rating you need), the same company that makes the Rapid Hitch, makes the Alumistinger, which is rated for 14,000lbs. tongue weight. Alumistinger (http://alumistingers.com/AlumistingerHitchIndex.html)
They are very nice.

Havasu Hangin'
05-31-2005, 08:21 PM
Bending is not good, is it??? :D Most everything I'veseen is rated at 10,000 pounds for a standard receiver. Any suggestions?
My suggestion would be (since I am spending your money), is to buy a Reese Titan right now, while you're shopping for a hitch. Drill a couple holes...and the damn thing bolts up and is rated for 17,000 lbs!
And don't give me "I don't have the money right now" garbage...I've seen your wife's car!
:D

Huckleberry
05-31-2005, 08:26 PM
If you don't need an adjustable hitch (which I don't know if you'll find with the rating you need), the same company that makes the Rapid Hitch, makes the Alumistinger, which is rated for 14,000lbs. tongue weight. Alumistinger (http://alumistingers.com/AlumistingerHitchIndex.html)
They are very nice.
Now yer talking! Those are pretty sweet! Now to find a local dealer...
Just think of how much crack the dirtbag could buy when he takes that baby to the recycling center for $$$! Now I just gotta figure out the drop I need. Today was the first time I had towed my boat with my new truck. I left the hitch on when I was done so I could mark the placement and measure the amount of drop I needed.

Huckleberry
05-31-2005, 08:28 PM
My suggestion would be (since I am spending your money), is to buy a Reese Titan right now, while you're shopping for a hitch. Drill a couple holes...and the damn thing bolts up and is rated for 17,000 lbs!
And don't give me "I don't have the money right now" garbage...I've seen your wife's car!
:D
And THAT'S WHY I don't have the money now!!! :D :D :D

JetBoatRich
05-31-2005, 08:31 PM
Bought one of these on e-bay, 10" adjustable :cool:
http://images.andale.com/f2/128/125/16920563/1092950846098_3410.jpg

missboatnam1
05-31-2005, 08:57 PM
damm rich, that thing adjusts 8 1/2 feet.you must have a really high truck! lol

JetBoatRich
05-31-2005, 09:02 PM
damm rich, that thing adjusts 8 1/2 feet.you must have a really high truck! lol
You got me :supp: just adding extra zeros :supp:

essexjet
05-31-2005, 09:43 PM
Try Riverside hitch in Riverside off of Indiana (by the auto mall). Bought my aluminum 8" drop there for $80. They also have the adjustable ones there.
7304 Indiana Ave. #4
Riverside, CA 92504
Tel: (951) 785-9353

Evo22
05-31-2005, 10:45 PM
hey hit me up at the shop we are rapid hitch dealers...661-286-9997

Phat Matt
06-01-2005, 02:43 AM
This begs the question...what were you doing at the carousel mall in the first place? :confused: ;)

Huckleberry
06-01-2005, 04:51 AM
I was at GT and the wife had to go to the County Of San Berdoo offices. She hates that area and asked me if I'd go there with her. I followed her out there. On the way she called me and said the parking lot at the County Offices sucks, and suggested we park the beast off site and just park her smaller car there. We got off the freeway at 2nd street. The beautiful Carousel Mall was right there, and the parking lot was almost empty. It seemed like an okay place to park it for the hour or so.

Phat Matt
06-01-2005, 07:48 AM
I was at GT and the wife had to go to the County Of San Berdoo offices. She hates that area and asked me if I'd go there with her. I followed her out there. On the way she called me and said the parking lot at the County Offices sucks, and suggested we park the beast off site and just park her smaller car there. We got off the freeway at 2nd street. The beautiful Carousel Mall was right there, and the parking lot was almost empty. It seemed like an okay place to park it for the hour or so.
Our old office was near there. I saw some crazy shit over the years. We had a gated parking lot and bums would still try to follow you in to ask for money when you got out of your car on a daily basis. I use to feel bad for homeless and give them money but after getting asked day after day for years I started saying no.

Huckleberry
06-01-2005, 08:29 AM
I now know why the parking lot was empty! Every car that was there must have been stolen, or people know better than to leave a nice car parked there. Lesson learned!