PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Truck

Wild Twin
06-02-2005, 11:28 AM
My brother just got his 2004 4x4 Four door Diramax Diesel full loaded truck stolen on tuesday. Myself, both my brothers and my dad came home from being at the river on monday and the truck was there. Then sometime that night I heard it start up and take-off. I thought nothing of it. About 9 that morning my older brother came by and said where is your truck. That is when it hit us it was stolen. So we called the police and on-star. On-star gave us the run-around, before they called us and told us they could not located it.
Three weeks earlier he got rims and tires for his truck at this place in westminster off of beach blvd, and they had his truck for the day. So we suspect that since there was not signs of forced entry that they had a key made and just followed the address info that he gave them. All new Chevys come with theft deterent system that will shut the computer down if the ignition is tampered with. I also know that we the vehicle is locked up and you don't have a key the horn alarm will go off.
:mad:

dimarcobros
06-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Man, sorry to hear that. How come OnStar was not able to locate it?
DMB

riverbound
06-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Man, sorry to hear that. How come OnStar was not able to locate it?
DMB
You would be surprised how easy it is to disable On-Star. also it is very easy to bypass the factory security system. How do you think we are able to do remote starts in GM's? (The key is not starting the vehicle.) there is a little box that tricks the vehicle into thinking the key is in the ignition.

dimarcobros
06-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Interesting. I have always been a believer in the old theory if someone really wants your toys they are going to get them. Which seems to be true in this case. It sucks but what are you going to do? That's why we have insurance. :wink:
DMB

Wild Twin
06-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I am sure they diabled the on-star system. On-star calls us everyday, and tells us they can't locate it. They will never find it. Now the only thing we can do is see what the insurance covers and go from there. Hopefully they don't find it so he can start new again. But then he will have to wait until he gets the money to get a new one. And hopefully he will get money for all the add-ons he put on the truck. He spent around 7000 dollars on extras.

Jordy
06-02-2005, 03:48 PM
On star doesn't work in Mexico either. At least not in TJ. :idea: :D

Wild Twin
06-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah, that was one of my other thoughts is that the truck is Mexico.

piper
06-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Damn you can forget about getting the money for the add-ons unless you had them insured too. They gave me low blue book on mine. Took me about 1 1/2 months to finally get the little money I got.

Wild Twin
06-03-2005, 07:39 AM
My bro talked to an insurance adjuster, and he said as long as he had receipts, he would get money for those items. As far as the worth of the truck, they are still figuring out what they are going to give him. I think your write on the blue book value.

Wonderboy
06-04-2005, 06:50 PM
The onstar works on a combinatin of cell signal for comunications and sattelite for tracking. If the truck is in a building or an underground parking structure the sattelite signal will not work :burningm: . Like XM radio, I've been under a sheet metal roof in a parking stall and the radio wouldn't work! So it doesn't take much and Onstar wouldn't be able to locate the truck. That's why I also had Lojack installed, since it works off of radio signals. I hope at the very least they capture these a$$holes!

Outnumbered
06-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Three weeks earlier he got rims and tires for his truck at this place in westminster off of beach blvd, and they had his truck for the day. So we suspect that since there was not signs of forced entry that they had a key made and just followed the address info that he gave them. :mad:
Has he told the cops this? Maybe there has been another truck with recent service there that was stolen. Maybe they can work that lead. This is why I always give a PO box when I get stuff done. This and I don't want anyone fuking with my wife or kids. Too many dirt bags out there.
Sorry to hear the bad news.

Wild Twin
06-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah I put lo-jack in my tahoe. Our neighbor at the end of our block is a cop and we talked to him about a person that was sitting out side of our house for 5 days straight. We got the license # and we gave it to him, so they can investigate. Hopefully something can come up that.

slingingsmoke
06-07-2005, 11:00 PM
rip their balls off.

Wild Twin
06-08-2005, 04:25 PM
If I find them I will!!