PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sick of Nordic's S**t

SUBPRIME
04-28-2006, 01:56 PM
the service from nordic since I purchased my new boat has been some of the worst customer service I've dealt with in any thing I've ever bought!! It started with them delivering the boat almost 3 months late. (I understand that it takes longer sometimes when building things, but they would promise it in two weeks, then not have it, then promise it two weeks later only guess what it wasn't ready. It would've been alot better if from the start they would've said hey we're really behind it'll be 8 weeks late from the start I would've understood. But to be let down over and over was totally the wrong way to handle it! longest parenthasis (sp) ever!)
next thing that ticked me off
I call them (the sales guy who is my contact now I guess) let them know I'm bringing the boat up in a couple weeks and leaving it to have some minor stuff fixed. (before 1 year so it'll all be covered under warrenty) well when I drop it off the service guy tells me "oh you should've made an appointment, we won't be able to get to it right away" well don't you think they should've told me that I have to make an appt. with the sales dept!! or even better if you wanted to give great cust. service god forbid make the appt. for me?! no.
Now, the boat has been with them for a month now and it still hasn't been looked at?!!?! I half of last year waiting for my boat and now I'm missing time agian b/c they can't get anything done when they say they will!!
I love my boat but I'm soooooooo sick of dealing with them I'm pissed and venting sorry!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

riverracerx
04-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Are you talking about Nordic the factory, or a dealer? Where did you purchase it? Boat Brokers? Who is doing the warranty work?
I know they have had ownership changes and things are getting MUCH better from a CS standpoint.
Believe me, when you get the little things dialed in you won't be sorry. Nordic builds a great boat! I couldn't be happier (unless it had a bigger motor in it).

Todd969
04-28-2006, 02:16 PM
the service from nordic since I purchased my new boat has been some of the worst customer service I've dealt with in any thing I've ever bought!! It started with them delivering the boat almost 3 months late. (I understand that it takes longer sometimes when building things, but they would promise it in two weeks, then not have it, then promise it two weeks later only guess what it wasn't ready. It would've been alot better if from the start they would've said hey we're really behind it'll be 8 weeks late from the start I would've understood. But to be let down over and over was totally the wrong way to handle it! longest parenthasis (sp) ever!)
next thing that ticked me off
I call them (the sales guy who is my contact now I guess) let them know I'm bringing the boat up in a couple weeks and leaving it to have some minor stuff fixed. (before 1 year so it'll all be covered under warrenty) well when I drop it off the service guy tells me "oh you should've made an appointment, we won't be able to get to it right away" well don't you think they should've told me that I have to make an appt. with the sales dept!! or even better if you wanted to give great cust. service god forbid make the appt. for me?! no.
Now, the boat has been with them for a month now and it still hasn't been looked at?!!?! I half of last year waiting for my boat and now I'm missing time agian b/c they can't get anything done when they say they will!!
I love my boat but I'm soooooooo sick of dealing with them I'm pissed and venting sorry!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I agree with Chris!!! Our Nordic is great and I don't have any problems with the boat brokers when getting service. Try calling over there and Talk to Bill Draper. Explain to him it's been there for a month and I'll bet he gets you handled. If that is where you took it of course.

SUBPRIME
04-28-2006, 02:17 PM
bought it at the boat brokers, warrenty work is being done by nordic, the service guys keep telling me lonnie says they're gonna get it in and all this stuff, this was a couple weeks ago, same lonnie that kept saying my boat would be done in a couple weeks.
Boat brokers is saying that all work has to be done by nordic.

dicudmore
04-28-2006, 02:35 PM
bummer :mad:

riverracerx
04-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Who was your salesman. I would call them and get them to give you some answers.
Call Bill gardiner. He is a cool dude and should be able to help you out from the BoatBrokers too.
Good luck!

Hallett19
04-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah, call Bill Gardner, he is the man !!

riverracerx
04-28-2006, 03:02 PM
bummer
I didn't see ULTRA anywhere in this thread buddy?

NORDIC_RIG
04-28-2006, 03:31 PM
HI Chris
how ya doing? are you up here this weekend for the run?
Oh and bye the way we are going to do the warrenty work on the 28'
heat first of next week . There were 2 other boats ahead of this one.
The boat has been at boat brokers for 10 days , for this time of year
not bad. Oh well nice vent tho :)
cya mike

BajaMike
04-28-2006, 03:58 PM
bought it at the boat brokers, warrenty work is being done by nordic, the service guys keep telling me lonnie says they're gonna get it in and all this stuff, this was a couple weeks ago, same lonnie that kept saying my boat would be done in a couple weeks.
Boat brokers is saying that all work has to be done by nordic.
Who is "boat brokers"?? :confused:

riverracerx
04-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Boat Brokers is the Nordic dealer in Lake havasu.
Hey Mike! I will be on my way up in about 10 minutes. Be on the water tomorrow morning!

HocusPocus
04-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Who is "boat brokers"?? :confused:
http://www.theboatbroker.com/
i know how you feel about being kept waiting.. hope your situation improves.

Todd969
04-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, call Bill Gardner, he is the man !!
Bill is off at the river run this weekend.

ThongMagnet
04-28-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't think its just Nordic. The industry has gotten so big, that the factory's can't find enough quality people to hire. They seem to get just about anybody that comes along that will show up regularly for work. No more quality, and the lie's are just getting worse.
The independent service shops seem to be beating the pants off of the dealer's as far a customer service is concerned, and the quality of the repairs. And they seem to be way less expensive.

beer truck
04-28-2006, 10:15 PM
I feel for you subprime. I will never buy another Nordic again, inspite of how much I love their boats. Here is a story I posted on offshoreonly last sept 2005. If yoy can make it thru this long story, here I am 8 months later with no cooler, and a trailer that still doesn't back up.
Let me first warn you, and apologize this is a very very long rant. I am keeping the manufactures name out of this, because it is not about bashing a builder, but more on how important you feel customer service is. I would also like to state how much I love my new boat, but every time I look at it I am reminded of this painful experience.
Last January I ordered a 35' custom boat with twin merc 525s. The goal was to have the shell of the boat built, then shipped to my painter in the NW, and after painting the boat would go back to the builder for installation of the gauges, motors drives and interior. All this was agreed upon, and the deposit that was asked of me was paid to get the ball rolling. The estimate date for delivery of the shell was the end of March. The trailer was to be built by a well know company (not the boat manufacture)
Problem one was when we called to check on the trailer, it was not going to be ready in the two weeks that it needed to be in order to make the end of March deadline. (Not the boat manufactures fault, we then called the boat manufacture and asked if we could buy one of their trailers for the boat instead, and they said yes that would not be a problem.
The end of March came, and the dealer had a boat transporter contact me with a date and pricing to ship the boat to me. All is looking good, until the transporter called and said the boat, as well as the trailer that I was told would be ready that day were not, in fact the trailer was not suppose to go into paint for a couple more days. At this point I started to have second thoughts about the shipping the shell process, knowing that they would not get the painted boat back to the factory until about May 1st. (their busy time). I offered to fly my painter to them, and paint the boat at the factory, so we would not delay the process, and they told me that they could not give up the booth for the four day process, even if two of the days were over the weekend when they were not using the booth.
At this point I decided to have the boat completed, and shipped and I would deal with the paint up here when I received the boat. I flew to the builder to finalize the interior colors the second week of April, The shell was on site, but they sold my trailer to someone else. The dash was in the boat with holes cut for gauges, but it was the wrong color. After discussing options (painting the dash, or redoing it) they decided it would be easier to redo it. The new guestimate date was around the end of May. I spoke with my gauge manufacture (custom gauges) and they said gauges would be ready in a couple weeks.
Now I am not a boat builder, but I was told that they could not go any further on the boat shell until the gauges arrived because they wire the boat from the gauges to the motor. I am not sure why they couldn't have run the wires, and left slack for the gauge connections, or wired from the motors to the gauges. The gauges arrived the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend, confirmed by the builder.
The dealer I was buying the boat from called the company that owned the boat manufacture, and asked what was taking so long on the boat, and the dealer was told that if we wanted the work to start again on the boat we would have to come up with another 5oK deposit over the deposit amount I originally put down, or the dealer could put the boat on his floor. The dealer said they would put the boat on his floor if they could give him a solid deliver date on the boat. The new date is now the second week of June and the boat is put on his floor. On June 10th we call to check on progress and coordinate transportation, and we are now told from the builder that it won’t be until June 20th. We call on the 20th to see if it is ready, and we are told it would be a couple more weeks. Now at this point we call the president of the company that owns the boat manufacture again, and he says he does not know why we were told those date, and he does not know when the boat will be done. He also tells the boat builder not to talk top anyone from the North West, and two more weeks go by with out anyone willing to talk to us to give us an update on the boat. I’ve had to reschedule with my painter twice now based on the dates given to me from the factory on delivery dates, and I don’t know what’s going on. I spoke to the manger at the plant and he told me on two different occasions the company that owned them told him to take the boat out of production, and he would lose his job if he gave me any info on the boat.
I personally call the owner of the company again, and he finally gives me a date that the boat will be done based on a conversation with the builder. It will now be ready on July 20th On July 18th I get a call from the builder that one of the riggers that was rigging the boat got heat stroke, and they were hoping to have the boat ready a few days later when he was better. Understandable, this stuff happens, and it was very very hot where they were. Now with no back up plan if a worker gets hurt, I am back to wondering when my boat will arrive. Well the boat finally arrives in the NW on Aug 9th, with the wrong props, missing its cooler, and a trailer that will not back up due to a solenoid that someone forgot to put in. Fortunately the dealer I bought from had a spare set they loaned me until a new set from the factory arrived. (To be shipped in the missing cooler) The dealer’s solution for the back up problem is that I should have a hole drilled in my new trailer, and when I want, or need to back up I should get out of my vehicle run around back, insert the pin, and get back in the vehicle to back up. This does not fly with me and they are told to either fix it properly (like new), or replace the trailer. As of now they have authorized to have a solenoid put on the trailer, and are suppose to be sending the cooler that they promised that they would send when they sent the replacement props mid Aug. The last straw was yesterday when I called the boat manufacture to see if they could order me some different color switches for my boat (at my expense) that I could install to go with the new paint job. His response was that since the dealer I bought the boat from had not returned the wrong set of props that came with the boat yet that he would not do anything for me and my boat. When I mentioned to him that I had paid him in full for the boat and his beef was with the dealer and not me that I should not be the one to suffer. His response was that this was the only leverage he had, and I was out of luck.
Now let me state again I love my new boat, I love the looks, performance, and price, but my experiences with them have soured what should have been a happy transaction.
I will never buy another boat from them, I have had their company name removed from the boat and trailer, and If the boat was not such a one off custom color I would probably sell the boat, take a loss, and have one built buy some other company that cares about customer service. I guess what it boils down to is it doesn’t matter how great a product is, if the customer service is not there also it will sour the whole experience.
OK if you made it through this long therapeutic rate, how do you feel customer service rates in major purchases like this, boats, cars, houses ECT vs product quality and value.

MagicMtnDan
04-28-2006, 10:30 PM
I found it unreadable so I hit the Enter key a few times to try and make it a bit easier to read...
I feel for you subprime. I will never buy another Nordic again, inspite of how much I love their boats. Here is a story I posted on offshoreonly last sept 2005. If yoy can make it thru this long story, here I am 8 months later with no cooler, and a trailer that still doesn't back up.
Let me first warn you, and apologize this is a very very long rant. I am keeping the manufactures name out of this, because it is not about bashing a builder, but more on how important you feel customer service is. I would also like to state how much I love my new boat, but every time I look at it I am reminded of this painful experience.
Last January I ordered a 35' custom boat with twin merc 525s. The goal was to have the shell of the boat built, then shipped to my painter in the NW, and after painting the boat would go back to the builder for installation of the gauges, motors drives and interior. All this was agreed upon, and the deposit that was asked of me was paid to get the ball rolling. The estimate date for delivery of the shell was the end of March. The trailer was to be built by a well know company (not the boat manufacture)
Problem one was when we called to check on the trailer, it was not going to be ready in the two weeks that it needed to be in order to make the end of March deadline. (Not the boat manufactures fault, we then called the boat manufacture and asked if we could buy one of their trailers for the boat instead, and they said yes that would not be a problem.
The end of March came, and the dealer had a boat transporter contact me with a date and pricing to ship the boat to me. All is looking good, until the transporter called and said the boat, as well as the trailer that I was told would be ready that day were not, in fact the trailer was not suppose to go into paint for a couple more days. At this point I started to have second thoughts about the shipping the shell process, knowing that they would not get the painted boat back to the factory until about May 1st. (their busy time). I offered to fly my painter to them, and paint the boat at the factory, so we would not delay the process, and they told me that they could not give up the booth for the four day process, even if two of the days were over the weekend when they were not using the booth.
At this point I decided to have the boat completed, and shipped and I would deal with the paint up here when I received the boat. I flew to the builder to finalize the interior colors the second week of April, The shell was on site, but they sold my trailer to someone else. The dash was in the boat with holes cut for gauges, but it was the wrong color. After discussing options (painting the dash, or redoing it) they decided it would be easier to redo it. The new guestimate date was around the end of May. I spoke with my gauge manufacture (custom gauges) and they said gauges would be ready in a couple weeks.
Now I am not a boat builder, but I was told that they could not go any further on the boat shell until the gauges arrived because they wire the boat from the gauges to the motor. I am not sure why they couldn't have run the wires, and left slack for the gauge connections, or wired from the motors to the gauges. The gauges arrived the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend, confirmed by the builder.
The dealer I was buying the boat from called the company that owned the boat manufacture, and asked what was taking so long on the boat, and the dealer was told that if we wanted the work to start again on the boat we would have to come up with another 5oK deposit over the deposit amount I originally put down, or the dealer could put the boat on his floor. The dealer said they would put the boat on his floor if they could give him a solid deliver date on the boat. The new date is now the second week of June and the boat is put on his floor.
On June 10th we call to check on progress and coordinate transportation, and we are now told from the builder that it won’t be until June 20th. We call on the 20th to see if it is ready, and we are told it would be a couple more weeks. Now at this point we call the president of the company that owns the boat manufacture again, and he says he does not know why we were told those date, and he does not know when the boat will be done. He also tells the boat builder not to talk top anyone from the North West, and two more weeks go by with out anyone willing to talk to us to give us an update on the boat.
I’ve had to reschedule with my painter twice now based on the dates given to me from the factory on delivery dates, and I don’t know what’s going on. I spoke to the manger at the plant and he told me on two different occasions the company that owned them told him to take the boat out of production, and he would lose his job if he gave me any info on the boat.
I personally call the owner of the company again, and he finally gives me a date that the boat will be done based on a conversation with the builder. It will now be ready on July 20th On July 18th I get a call from the builder that one of the riggers that was rigging the boat got heat stroke, and they were hoping to have the boat ready a few days later when he was better.
Understandable, this stuff happens, and it was very very hot where they were. Now with no back up plan if a worker gets hurt, I am back to wondering when my boat will arrive. Well the boat finally arrives in the NW on Aug 9th, with the wrong props, missing its cooler, and a trailer that will not back up due to a solenoid that someone forgot to put in. Fortunately the dealer I bought from had a spare set they loaned me until a new set from the factory arrived. (To be shipped in the missing cooler)
The dealer’s solution for the back up problem is that I should have a hole drilled in my new trailer, and when I want, or need to back up I should get out of my vehicle run around back, insert the pin, and get back in the vehicle to back up. This does not fly with me and they are told to either fix it properly (like new), or replace the trailer. As of now they have authorized to have a solenoid put on the trailer, and are suppose to be sending the cooler that they promised that they would send when they sent the replacement props mid Aug. The last straw was yesterday when I called the boat manufacture to see if they could order me some different color switches for my boat (at my expense) that I could install to go with the new paint job. His response was that since the dealer I bought the boat from had not returned the wrong set of props that came with the boat yet that he would not do anything for me and my boat.
When I mentioned to him that I had paid him in full for the boat and his beef was with the dealer and not me that I should not be the one to suffer. His response was that this was the only leverage he had, and I was out of luck.
Now let me state again I love my new boat, I love the looks, performance, and price, but my experiences with them have soured what should have been a happy transaction.
I will never buy another boat from them, I have had their company name removed from the boat and trailer, and If the boat was not such a one off custom color I would probably sell the boat, take a loss, and have one built buy some other company that cares about customer service. I guess what it boils down to is it doesn’t matter how great a product is, if the customer service is not there also it will sour the whole experience.
OK if you made it through this long therapeutic rate, how do you feel customer service rates in major purchases like this, boats, cars, houses ECT vs product quality and value.

SUBPRIME
04-29-2006, 08:01 PM
HI Chris
how ya doing? are you up here this weekend for the run?
Oh and bye the way we are going to do the warrenty work on the 28'
heat first of next week . There were 2 other boats ahead of this one.
The boat has been at boat brokers for 10 days , for this time of year
not bad. Oh well nice vent tho :)
cya mike
I think you might have me confused with someone else?
the boat has been sitting there since april 8th
and has not even been looked at yet

PHX ATC
04-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Nope, Mike was talking to Chris (riverracerx) in the opening sentence of his post.
Then, he was talking to you.

moneypit
04-30-2006, 05:22 PM
I bought a 2003 Nordic.
1.Last year I was at Desert Storm Run. I called Lonnie at Nordic and asked if they could replace a bunk on my trailer. He said sure, bring it by. I took it up there and dropped it off. I came back three hours later and they replaced every bunk and it didnt even need it.
2. One week after the boat show this year I called Lonnie and asked if he could do some gel repair. He said they were extremely busy but said that they could work me in. Because of the rain and sickness, I was delayed sveral weeks. I called him again and he told me to bring it ou (from california). I did. They did the reapir and also stored my boat for two weeks because of the rain.
3. Last Friday I drove up tp Nordic and asked if they could repair my trailer jack, they dropped everything and had Fernando come outside and spent 45 minutes working on it. They were busy and I know I was an inconvenience but they never charged me or turned me away.
I have taken my boat to the manufacture everytime. They are not a service place, but they have always done what I needed. I dont think there service sucks. I think they are all great. I just have a problem with the owner driving a Skater and putting a Nordic Logo on it. :D

beyondhelpin
04-30-2006, 05:46 PM
I bought a 2003 Nordic.
1.Last year I was at Desert Storm Run. I called Lonnie at Nordic and asked if they could replace a bunk on my trailer. He said sure, bring it by. I took it up there and dropped it off. I came back three hours later and they replaced every bunk and it didnt even need it.
2. One week after the boat show this year I called Lonnie and asked if he could do some gel repair. He said they were extremely busy but said that they could work me in. Because of the rain and sickness, I was delayed sveral weeks. I called him again and he told me to bring it ou (from california). I did. They did the reapir and also stored my boat for two weeks because of the rain.
3. Last Friday I drove up tp Nordic and asked if they could repair my trailer jack, they dropped everything and had Fernando come outside and spent 45 minutes working on it. They were busy and I know I was an inconvenience but they never charged me or turned me away.
I have taken my boat to the manufacture everytime. They are not a service place, but they have always done what I needed. I dont think there service sucks. I think they are all great. I just have a problem with the owner driving a Skater and putting a Nordic Logo on it. :D
I guess we know why they cant seem to find the time to take care of Subprimes boat. :crossx:

wildbillg
04-30-2006, 07:28 PM
I will look into what is going on with your boat when I get back to the store on tuesday..
PLEASE feel free to call me at the store
928-453-8833 ext 232
Bill Gardner
WildBill
The Boat Brokers