PDA

View Full Version : Boat service in Parker

bohica
06-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Gotta buddy looking to get his boat serviced in Parker. Just the usual fluid changes. Who's good to go to.

revpuffdaddy
06-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Eddies Marine in Parker. Good service and attention to detail.

SK48
06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
See, Ron Gibbs at Bad Attitude Boats

MudPumper
06-06-2005, 03:08 PM
F uck the guys at Bad Attitude boats for ASS RAPING people. I went in there on Saturday to get 2 3/8 NPT to -8 AN fittings for a Fuel Pump for Hustlers boat and the bastard in there charged me $30 for them $15 each. This is normally a $4 or $5 dollar part. I told him I'd pay it because I had no choice but that he was an asshole for screwing me. Bad Attitude Boats has a pretty ****i ng Bad Attitude about helping out boaters.

MudPumper
06-06-2005, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=MudPumper]
F uck the guys at Bad Attitude boats for ASS RAPING people.
lmao :smile: i don't mean to laugh, but it's f ucking hilarious having a guy named "mud pumper" calling someone else an "ass raper" - nice one :messedup: :cool: - to bad you had trouble w/ them, have always had great luck with him. maybe you should stop by there and have a beer with ron, to straighten this out, i am sure he wouldn't be to stoked on you for slamming his business like this. there is always two sides to every story !! :sqeyes: - keyes
He shouldn't be stoked I'm just laying it down like it is. There always is two sides to every story but explain to me how you get off selling $9 worth of parts for $30 ???????? It's bullshit, bottom line. As for the rest of the post, Gee never heard that one before. I'm a concrete pumper you dick. J/K :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Schiada76
06-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Was it Ron?
Maybe an employee was ass raping with Ron's stock? :idea:

MudPumper
06-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Was it Ron?
Maybe an employee was ass raping with Ron's stock? :idea:
I don't know who Ron is but the guy said he had to call somebody to find out how much they were. I was standing next to him while he was on the phone. He hung up and said, "$30 buck bro, $15 each." I just laughed at him and then told him what I thought and how much those parts really cost and that I'd pay it because I had no choice but that it was an f'd up deal. Hustler and I went into about 4 different parts stores in Parker looking for a fuel pump and fittings. We found the Pump at the Parts store next to Bad Attitude and the guy there said to try Bad Attitude for the AN fittings we needed.
It's possible that Ron said one price and the guy figured he'd make some extra cash, I don't know because I couldn't hear what the guy on the phone said. Weather it was Ron or his employee it sucks. :yuk:

goneboatin
06-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Stay away from Eddie's, his guys couldn't figure how to get my hitch ball out of the hitch. (I know, take the nut off the ball). I'd hate to see what else they try to do.

mbrown2
06-06-2005, 07:25 PM
I had Eddies service my boat and freshen the heads...good work and reasonable pricing.

ZZ-Man
06-06-2005, 07:29 PM
MBrown2 thats cause you got the platinum Kool-Aid prices.

all charged up
06-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Eddy just rebuilt my Bravo and put in a new engine coupler. Did a great job and not a bad price. He gaurantees his work and my boat runs like a champ.
And damn he looks just like Wayne Newton. nice guy.

Boat Ride
06-06-2005, 10:01 PM
I had a guy named Chuck, from Chuck Stewart Enterprise.... He picked my boat up from my place at echo lodge... took it to his place in Big river...
pulled my distributer sent it out to be recurved, drained my tanks... rebuilt my carb... & changed my oil... for like 4 bills... My boat has never ran this good....
don't have his number handy, but if interested i can get it for you...
I know he tows for parker tow.... but does boat work on the side...at hit little shop....

Boatcop
06-07-2005, 04:38 AM
Just a little bit of info about Bad Attitude Boats...
They hired Greer Rush (Killed 3 kids on the River and then split) so he could get out of jail on work release during the day. Rush is serving a year for Negligent Homicide.

essexjet
06-07-2005, 04:48 AM
Just a little bit of info about Bad Attitude Boats...
They hired Greer Rush (Killed 3 kids on the River and then split) so he could get out of jail on work release during the day. Rush is serving a year for Negligent Homicide.
Good to know, thanks Alan.

mbrown2
06-07-2005, 07:32 AM
MBrown2 thats cause you got the platinum Kool-Aid prices.
OMG...they finally let you on! ;)

Schiada76
06-07-2005, 08:31 AM
I had a guy named Chuck, from Chuck Stewart Enterprise.... He picked my boat up from my place at echo lodge... took it to his place in Big river...
pulled my distributer sent it out to be recurved, drained my tanks... rebuilt my carb... & changed my oil... for like 4 bills... My boat has never ran this good....
don't have his number handy, but if interested i can get it for you...
I know he tows for parker tow.... but does boat work on the side...at hit little shop....
Grumpy Chuck from the Rite Spot? (now Lizards)
His work is hit and miss.

Waldo
06-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Grumpy Chuck from the Rite Spot? (now Lizards)
His work is hit and miss.
FYI - Lizards is for sale. Something like $350K

Smokin Joe
06-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Eddies has done my all maintenance for 4 years now and has been first rate work I recommend to anyone.
Lizards has sold for something close to 400K
joe

Smokin Joe
06-07-2005, 09:03 AM
I think it's been sold for two weeks now the signs are there if it falls threw.
joe

Schiada76
06-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I'd be somewhat hesitant to deal with a guy named Grumpy Chuck. :D
Zactly
And you thought I was grumpy! :D
It was Rite Spot for years, Lizards for what, one year?

Smokin Joe
06-07-2005, 09:22 AM
It was one of those things, when you turn the river into work it's not fun any more working 7 by 24. plus he was offered a position with great money, maybe he can enjoy his place at echo again.
joe

Schiada76
06-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Wouldn't be bad if you were retired and paid cash or close to it.
We always check there first for parts before driving into Parker saves an hour or more.
Chuck was good for basic maintenance, if you had a boat stored there he'd "prep" it for you if wanted. :squiggle:

Waldo
06-07-2005, 09:47 AM
You know what's funny, that place should have been booming. It is very centrally located on the CA side and if you have your boat hooked up, it's very convenient. Having said that, I don't think I ever boat anything there but ice cream, but there's a lot of lazy people in the world that won't drive the extra 10 miles into Parker.
While talking with him in the winter, they apparently get mucho business from the snowbirds. It's real close to the Rio so we go there when we need things here and there. Maybe too much trouble than it's worth in time like said above.

don johnson
06-14-2005, 06:31 AM
I don't know who Ron is but the guy said he had to call somebody to find out how much they were. I was standing next to him while he was on the phone. He hung up and said, "$30 buck bro, $15 each." I just laughed at him and then told him what I thought and how much those parts really cost and that I'd pay it because I had no choice but that it was an f'd up deal. Hustler and I went into about 4 different parts stores in Parker looking for a fuel pump and fittings. We found the Pump at the Parts store next to Bad Attitude and the guy there said to try Bad Attitude for the AN fittings we needed.
It's possible that Ron said one price and the guy figured he'd make some extra cash, I don't know because I couldn't hear what the guy on the phone said. Weather it was Ron or his employee it sucks. :yuk:
Always 2 sides to a story... Who knows.... Ron could have been out testing a boat and had his hands full and simply threw out a price to his employee on the phone to take care of you. Ron does not run a parts shop, he runs a service company. Sounds like he did you a favor to me!
Regardless Ron runs a first rate shop and is always available to his customers which is impossible to find in Parker.
Mud, I hope that you do not need service help in Parker in the future as the bashing of Bad Attitude was totally jerk knee and uncalled for. What business are you in? I would like to catch you at a bad time and then report out to all your customers on the internet that you have a shit business. See how you like it.

don johnson
06-14-2005, 06:52 AM
Why, what's he going to do, screw him worse next time?
Bob, have you had personal experiance with Ron at Bad Attitude? If not pretty presumptuous comment.
Not to get in a pissing match but I do not agree that he got screwed. He needed a part, Bad Attitude had the part, they agreed on a price, done deal. If you do not like the price keep driving around town. The person that allows themself to be screwed is either stupid or with full knowledge and has made a conscious decision to accept it.

don johnson
06-14-2005, 07:23 AM
My comment was based on your statement, not my personal knowledge of Bad Attitude Boats. Your statement almost dared him to have a problem and need service in the future.
I'm all for making a profit, but there's something that's known as profiteering. That's when you make more than a fair profit because you're the only source readily available for a product.
Bob, the reason I asked if you had personal experience is if you had, you would know that Bad Attitude is not a parts store, they service boats. They probably did not even know what the cost of those fittings were and pulled a cost out of the blue to help a person out.

BADBLOWN572
06-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Ron over at Bad Attitude has always treated me right. If you deal directly with Ron you will get good service and at a fair price. Coming from within the industry, I know what things cost and he definitely doesn't rape people on pricing. Does he make a profit, absolutely, but why are you in business if you do not turn a profit. If you don't shortly you won't be in business.
Last year on Memorial day weekend, I blew an outdrive and I was not happy. I called up Ron, on Sunday, and he had me tow my boat to his shop to take a look. Yep, confirmed, I F'ed it up BAD. Oil was black and the drive oil looked like glitter. There was so much metal in the drive and I was pissed. The following weekend was OP6 and I did not want to miss it. It turned out that I blew a vertical and when that released, it took out the upper set of gears. Ron had the drive torn apart Monday morning and instantly gave me a call to tell me the bad news. I said to fix it and to not **** me. He said that he would be fair and I said to go. Ron knew that I had to get the drive back together by the following weekend so he overnighted the parts from Florida. I also found out that he talked to the manufacturer of the outdrive for me and got the upper gears covered under warranty. :) I call him up on Friday while on my way out and he said to bring the boat by and he would get me on the water. We worked on the boat until around 9:00pm and I was fixed. Went to get my bill and it was not too bad. $1400.00 for a blown outdrive that took out the upper gears, vertical shaft, bearings, seals, etc... Not too bad!
Ron has never done me wrong. If I had to go somewhere in Parker, I would definitely go to Ron over at Bad Attitude. Nice guy and is always fun to stop by and shoot the shit with him.

BAD ATTITUDE BOATS
06-14-2005, 10:24 AM
F uck the guys at Bad Attitude boats for ASS RAPING people. I went in there on Saturday to get 2 3/8 NPT to -8 AN fittings for a Fuel Pump for Hustlers boat and the bastard in there charged me $30 for them $15 each. This is normally a $4 or $5 dollar part. I told him I'd pay it because I had no choice but that he was an asshole for screwing me. Bad Attitude Boats has a pretty ****i ng Bad Attitude about helping out boaters.
MR MUDPUMPER MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME BEFOR BASHING ME ONLINE OVER 15.00 AND HELPING OUT BOATERS SHIT IM HERE ALL WEEKEND JUST FOR YOU BOATERS BELEAVE ME I WOULD RATHER BE PARTYING ON THE WATER.MYBE IF I WAS CLOSED AND ON THE WATER YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN ON SHORE WITH NO FITTINGS

BAD ATTITUDE BOATS
06-14-2005, 10:34 AM
mr Mudpumper Maybe You Should Have Called Me Befor Bashing Me Online Over 15.00 And Helping Out Boaters Shit Im Here All Weekend Just For You Boaters Beleave Me I Would Rather Be Partying On The Water.mybe If I Was Closed And On The Water You Would Have Been On Shore With No Fittings
Shit I Would Pay 100.00 To Finish My Weekend Trip For Fittings In Parker On The Strip.ive Sent Someone To Phenoix For A Fuel Pump And Fittings To Finish My Weekend.

Waldo
06-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Ron, do you have a web site?

MudPumper
06-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Always 2 sides to a story... Who knows.... Ron could have been out testing a boat and had his hands full and simply threw out a price to his employee on the phone to take care of you. Ron does not run a parts shop, he runs a service company. Sounds like he did you a favor to me!
Regardless Ron runs a first rate shop and is always available to his customers which is impossible to find in Parker.
Mud, I hope that you do not need service help in Parker in the future as the bashing of Bad Attitude was totally jerk knee and uncalled for. What business are you in? I would like to catch you at a bad time and then report out to all your customers on the internet that you have a shit business. See how you like it.
Dick Johnson, You are right there are always 2 sides too every story. I told my side of the story, that's it. You are also correct that Ron does not run a parts shop, but he does run the business and knows exactly how much those parts costs. Did he help me out, no, he helped Hustler out. That is who needed the parts. I was doing Hustler a favor by running over there to see if they had the fittings. Like I said before, we had gone to about 4 parts stores in Parker and nobody carried AN fittings. I was told that the only place to get em would probably be at Bad Attitude.
If I should ever need service in Parker, I'll get it, so don't worry your pretty little head.
I own and operate a concrete pumping service and I've been able to do as well as I do because I am fair and don't screw my customers on price. Try to come and catch me on a bad day, they don't exist for me. If for some reason I was having a bad day, it's my problem and I wouldn't take it out on my customers because guess what, I wouldn't have return customers doing that.
I don't blame any business owner for trying to make a profit, I know how that game works. But the mark up I paid for the fittings was way too much in my opinion. To the point of me feeling raped over the price. Again, just my opinion and I am entitled to it.
If I should ever give you bad service feel free to bash me on the internet, I deserve it. Now go drive your boat some more and your keyboard less. :cool:

MudPumper
06-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Bob, have you had personal experiance with Ron at Bad Attitude? If not pretty presumptuous comment.
Not to get in a pissing match but I do not agree that he got screwed. He needed a part, Bad Attitude had the part, they agreed on a price, done deal. If you do not like the price keep driving around town. The person that allows themself to be screwed is either stupid or with full knowledge and has made a conscious decision to accept it.
We already drove all over town and were referred to Bad Attitude. We didn't agree on a price, I had no choice because they were the only shop after going to 5 others, that had the part. Did I know I was getting screwed, you're damn right I did. Doesn't make it right. A woman getting raped knows she is getting raped. So are you saying by knowing she is getting raped that she is accepting it and therefore it must be OK?????? C'mon man. Like I said before, I don't mind a little mark up and will gladly pay it but what I was charged for those parts was ridiculous. Not how the boating community is supposed to work, but whatever.

MudPumper
06-14-2005, 02:28 PM
MR MUDPUMPER MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME BEFOR BASHING ME ONLINE OVER 15.00 AND HELPING OUT BOATERS SHIT IM HERE ALL WEEKEND JUST FOR YOU BOATERS BELEAVE ME I WOULD RATHER BE PARTYING ON THE WATER.MYBE IF I WAS CLOSED AND ON THE WATER YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN ON SHORE WITH NO FITTINGS
Ron, I'm sure you are a stand up guy. Many here have attested to that. I don't think the guy I dealt with was such a stand up guy. It's not the $15 dollars that bothers me, I have plenty of money. It's the principal. :idea: I paid the price to do my buddy a favor because he wanted to drive his boat. I would have been on the water regardless if your shop was there or not so no worries. Answer me this just so we can clarify the situation. How much does a 3/8 to -8 AN fitting cost? And how much would you sell one for???

MudPumper
06-14-2005, 02:32 PM
While I agree that you overpaid, your analogy is flawed. You initiated the transaction and completed it, even when you knew the price. $30 seems like a small price to pay to get the boat back on the water. Doesn't make it right, but it still seems pretty cheap.
You are right it is a small price to pay and that's why I paid it but that's really not the issue here. Would I have paid more, probably. If the part was for my own boat I would have paid a lot more to have it running. Doesn't mean it's a good business practice to over charge people. ;)

MudPumper
06-14-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm all for making a profit, but there's something that's known as profiteering. That's when you make more than a fair profit because you're the only source readily available for a product.
I believe you agree with me by your statement. This is my issue, plain and simple.

BADBLOWN572
06-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Seems to me that you knew that the part was worth your time and effort so you paid it. Don't bash the guy who is making the profit. You weighed your options and you found out that it was a better investment for you to pay the $30.00 and to be a good friend for your buddy and get him back on the water versus save your $30.00 and have your buddy sit on the beach. Maybe he made $20.00 off of you. Good for him. Keeps his doors open for others who are stranded. The funny thing is that I would bet that if you had to do it all over again, you would.

Waldo
06-14-2005, 04:57 PM
MR MUDPUMPER MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME BEFOR BASHING ME ONLINE OVER 15.00
MP, I think this route would have been the way to go first.
I would agree if after talking with him, Ron wasn't so stand up then you could have aired your frustrations here. Why didn't you communicate with him first instead of telling us "F" them and they "ASS REAM" people? Along with that, calling other board member names (Dick instead of Don) is immature IMO. Also, shouldn't Hustler be the one complaining since it was for him?
Every business, I generalizing here, probably has had one or two unsatisfied customers in their time. Could have been a bad day for the owner or customer (in your case as you went to 4/5 other places &/or Ron wasn't there for any number of reasons). I really think that COMMUNICATION is the key ingredient to happy customers.
My $.02

don johnson
06-14-2005, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=MudPumper]Dick Johnson, You are right there are always 2 sides too every story. I told my side of the story, that's it. You are also correct that Ron does not run a parts shop, but he does run the business and knows exactly how much those parts costs. Did he help me out, no, he helped Hustler out. That is who needed the parts. I was doing Hustler a favor by running over there to see if they had the fittings. Like I said before, we had gone to about 4 parts stores in Parker and nobody carried AN fittings. I was told that the only place to get em would probably be at Bad Attitude.
Real mature Mike. I will remember that. Your communication skills are second to none.

don johnson
06-14-2005, 06:31 PM
We already drove all over town and were referred to Bad Attitude. We didn't agree on a price, I had no choice because they were the only shop after going to 5 others, that had the part. Did I know I was getting screwed, you're damn right I did. Doesn't make it right. A woman getting raped knows she is getting raped. So are you saying by knowing she is getting raped that she is accepting it and therefore it must be OK?????? C'mon man. Like I said before, I don't mind a little mark up and will gladly pay it but what I was charged for those parts was ridiculous. Not how the boating community is supposed to work, but whatever.
Your analogies are way off! Dude, where do you get off comparing a business transaction to rape. You must really live in your own little world.

MudPumper
06-14-2005, 08:49 PM
MP, I think this route would have been the way to go first.
I would agree if after talking with him, Ron wasn't so stand up then you could have aired your frustrations here. Why didn't you communicate with him first instead of telling us "F" them and they "ASS REAM" people? Along with that, calling other board member names (Dick instead of Don) is immature IMO. Also, shouldn't Hustler be the one complaining since it was for him?
Every business, I generalizing here, probably has had one or two unsatisfied customers in their time. Could have been a bad day for the owner or customer (in your case as you went to 4/5 other places &/or Ron wasn't there for any number of reasons). I really think that COMMUNICATION is the key ingredient to happy customers.
My $.02
Waldo, you are absolutely right. I should have given it more thought and talked to Ron about the issue before bashing his company. I'll post an appology in a min. I would still like to know what a 3/8 to -8 AN fitting goes for???????? And just to clarify, Hustler did not pay for the parts, they were for his boat but I was being nice and picked up the bill for him. This thread is now DONE.

Waldo
06-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Waldo, you are absolutely right. I should have given it more thought and talked to Ron about the issue before bashing his company. I'll post an appology in a min. I would still like to know what a 3/8 to -8 AN fitting goes for???????? And just to clarify, Hustler did not pay for the parts, they were for his boat but I was being nice and picked up the bill for him. This thread is now DONE.
I posted on your other thread. Good discussion and final thought!

RiverRacer
06-14-2005, 09:20 PM
I have read this thread with some interest. I don't repair boats, but I do sell both Ford and Speed parts, including AN fittings, in Murrieta, CA. I looked in the Winter(old prices) Summit Racing catalog. The prices on the fittings you bought range from $4.00(straight) to $10.00(90 degree). I don't know which ones you needed and bought, but figuring shipping/handling to Parker and the cost of handling so it was available for you to buy, I don't think you got hurt too bad. Especially if they were 45 or 90 degree pieces. JMO

MudPumper
06-14-2005, 09:25 PM
I have read this thread with some interest. I don't repair boats, but I do sell both Ford and Speed parts, including AN fittings, in Murrieta, CA. I looked in the Winter(old prices) Summit Racing catalog. The prices on the fittings you bought range from $4.00(straight) to $10.00(90 degree). I don't know which ones you needed and bought, but figuring shipping/handling to Parker and the cost of handling so it was available for you to buy, I don't think you got hurt too bad. Especially if they were 45 or 90 degree pieces. JMO
RR, it was a 3/8 NPT on one side and -8AN on the other. It was a straight fitting. It's a $4 part.