PDA

View Full Version : Just heard that someone in Colorado

ROZ
12-29-2005, 12:37 PM
was working at trimming a tree in a commercial area and the guy fell into the wood chipper! News says he's dead...
Guy was new on the job, I hope they already had workman's comp.. DOH..
My guess is tha it'll be a closed casket service.....

rrrr
12-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Man apparently pulled into wood chipper dies
Police investigate death of Colorado tree-service employee
Updated: 11:12 a.m. ET Dec. 29, 2005
LOVELAND, Colo. - A man trimming trees was killed after he apparently was pulled into a wood chipper, police said.
The tree-service employee died Wednesday while he and a co-worker were cutting branches at a Loveland residence, Police Sgt. Rae Bontz said.
“It appears he was pulled into the chipper,” Bontz said. He described the death as an industrial accident but released no other details, saying police were investigating.
After the accident, the man’s partner, who was cutting branches from a bucket on a hydraulic lift, ran to the house where they were working, and a resident called 911. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police did not release either man’s name. Police Chief Luke Hecker said the victim was experienced at his work.
The Larimer County coroner and the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration also are investigating.

Tom Brown
12-29-2005, 12:52 PM
They should have called in a tree surgeon.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
12-29-2005, 12:52 PM
That is not nice!!!! :yuk: :yuk:

Tom Brown
12-29-2005, 12:54 PM
They'll probably just dig a hole and point the chipper output chute into it.

Tom Brown
12-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah, ROZ. Stop being mean. :yuk:

totenhosen
12-29-2005, 12:55 PM
We'll he could have said they'll make a casket out of the tree they were working on.
Poor guy! RIP!

JetBoatRich
12-29-2005, 12:57 PM
if you fall into a chipper :mad: do you need a casket on the other end :rolleyes:

rrrr
12-29-2005, 01:01 PM
if you fall into a chipper :mad: do you need a casket on the other end :rolleyes:
I have mixed feelings about this. :idea:

Jbb
12-29-2005, 01:02 PM
chip chip chip.....

SummerBreeze
12-29-2005, 01:06 PM
I have heard of a chip shot before

ROZ
12-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Maybe not, but I heard worse...lol... Had a friend whose parents owned a few mortuaries and cemetaries... Actually, nurses in the hospital are worse.. lol
Sorry if I offended you... making light of a serious situation...

riverracerx
12-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Don't mess with Mother Nature!
Hope they had a hose nearby.

Sleek-Jet
12-29-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm just torn up about this.... :crossx: :220v: :skull:

MAINEVENT
12-29-2005, 01:13 PM
In the last district i worked in their was a guy who cut off his leg with a chain saw after he was attempting to climb a tree with a running chain saw :rolleyes: it was sick to look at turned out they ended up amputating his leg all the way to his hip as he ended up having termites in his leg :220v:

hoolign
12-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Well I hope they get to the root cause of the problem , rather than barking up the wrong tree, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, they should have spruced up his skills first! Someone is gonna have an axe to grind after this! Let the chips fall where they may but...someone better not just pine around and shade the issue! That industry is going to be uprooted once they plant the seed in the proper authorities path. :p

rrrr
12-29-2005, 01:17 PM
ROTFLMAO :D :D :D
Fawkin' crazy Canadian, long nights on the rig have effed up your head.... :crossx: :crossx: :220v:

Jbb
12-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Well I hope they get to the root cause of the problem , rather than barking up the wrong tree, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, they should have spruced up his skills first! Someone is gonna have an axe to grind after this! Let the chips fall where they may but...someone better not just pine around and shade the issue! That industry is going to be uprooted once they plant the seed in the proper authorities path. :p
Let the chips fall where they may.......lol.....

ROZ
12-29-2005, 01:18 PM
I think you're on to something... You with Osha ? :D

hoolign
12-29-2005, 01:26 PM
ROTFLMAO :D :D :D
Fawkin' crazy Canadian, long nights on the rig have effed up your head.... :crossx: :crossx: :220v:
I have had a whole week off! which could be part of my problem :D

hoolign
12-29-2005, 01:26 PM
I think you're on to something... You with Osha ? :D
No.not yet, but I'm using that as my resume :D

hoolign
12-29-2005, 01:28 PM
What'd he do??..i was busy playing fetch with my puppy :p
my bad!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
12-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Maybe not, but I heard worse...lol... Had a friend whose parents owned a few mortuaries and cemetaries... Actually, nurses in the hospital are worse.. lol
Sorry if I offended you... making light of a serious situation...
No biggie................there has been worse.... :rollside:

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
12-29-2005, 01:31 PM
What'd he do??..i was busy playing fetch with my puppy :p
my bad!
YOU PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!! :p :p

hoolign
12-29-2005, 02:06 PM
YOU PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!! :p :p
WHAT??? :p

91nordic29
12-29-2005, 02:10 PM
YOU'RE KILLIN' ME!!! :cry:

Moneypitt
12-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Come on HBers, have a little compassion for this poor guy. He may have had a family, could even be someone from these boards....What a way to go......I doubt a coffin will be needed as those things are running at kazillon RPMs, and when it grabbed him it probably grabbed all of him.....In this case "being in the chips" aint a good thing.........MP

maxwedge
12-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Somehow, I'm reminded of "Fargo". :220v:

topless
12-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Somehow, I'm reminded of "Fargo". :220v:I hated that wood chipper part of that movie.

SmokinLowriderSS
12-29-2005, 02:31 PM
OMFG ... ROFLMAO :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :D :D

chub
12-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Hooli that was too funny.
How much wood would a wood chipper chip, if a wood chipper could chip?????????

hoolign
12-29-2005, 03:50 PM
I think a bun would be more appropriate than a casket.
Rio
LMAO.. "hey Woody....want a sandwhich?" :D

topless
12-29-2005, 03:54 PM
LMAO.. "hey Woody....want a sandwhich?" :DMy you're chipper today.

Biglue
12-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Aw fer Christ's sake.....................
ROTFLMAO.

hoolign
12-29-2005, 04:07 PM
My you're chipper today.
I have been sprouting a new attitude ever since I found out that the fruit of my loins is an eager beaver about getting a job! Ya know they say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree! And I've been trying to prune that kids lazyness!

Just Tool'n
12-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I wonder if the pictures are on Rotten.com, or orgish.com yet?
I wont go there, that kind of shit freaks me out, but my brother on the other hand, likes that site, I was talking to my brother, he was getting ready to enter there dead pool for 2006.
He was asking my opinion about who in the celibrity world, that I thought my bite the big one in 2006.