PDA

View Full Version : Can Mastercraft be a hot boat ?

ptboat
06-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Guys,
If I slap on a couple flames and pimp it up a little bit. Would it consider a Hot Boat ? Cause my wife wants a Mastercraft with 350 horse and I want a Schiada with 900 horse. I think she is winning the war. :cry:
Alex.

Sleek-Jet
06-08-2005, 12:33 PM
I've looked at a couple v-drive wake boats, and except for the stupid ass towers, they look alright to me.
Of course a Schiada anything is infinetly cooler than a Mastercraft, but what ever gets you on the water....

Dribble
06-08-2005, 12:39 PM
The only solution is to compromise. Get an Ultra with 425 horse and save yourself about five grand in the process.

ptboat
06-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Damn it Sleek-jet, that is a reason why my wife wants a Mastercraft. The freaking tower some how caught her attendtion. We can't even park on our lift because the tower would be too tall for the lift canopy. So, my wife came up with a bright idea by taking off the lifts canopy. :rolleyes:

Mandelon
06-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Lavey 21 XTSki w/ a 496 HO Best of both worlds. Rear facing seats, front facing seats....big wake, 70 mph....
They have a tower supplier that makes them custom for that hull.
www.Laveycraft.com

JetBoatRich
06-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Your on the water :eek:

MagicMtnDan
06-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Get a performance boat, slap on a couple of big Mastercrap stickers and bolt up a rollbar errr wakeboard tower and your wife'll have what she wants and so will you :D

Lake Ape
06-08-2005, 12:54 PM
I just bought a 2004 MB Sports 190 Plus that originally had a 275 horse 305 chevy in it. The previous owner forgot to put a new filter on after an oil change and blew it up. PCM wouldn't cover it so he sold it for what he owed, $12K. I am putting a Fast Burn 400 SBC (400HP) into it this weekend with an AZ Speed and Marine fuel system! It's sort of a ***boat....I guess..

burtandnancy
06-08-2005, 12:56 PM
No

Tunnel Vision
06-08-2005, 01:02 PM
No! not only that, Hell No!

Ducatista
06-08-2005, 01:09 PM
I got a chance to drive my friends new Mastercraft X-80 last weekend, and it was definitely "hot" as boats go. I know it's apples and oranges, not a custom, but still an awesome boat in it's class. It had a 450hp 8.1 Vortec, billet sh!t everywhere, trick lights & stereo & tower, perfect pass cruise control, hugh teak swim platform, enclosed head w/hot water, room for 15 people for gods sake....frickin awesome. Hell, the top speed was 50mpg I would guess, but they are not made for that. It seemed like an awesome boat for what it was designed to do...way "hot" in my book. The cost was about the same as many of your 28ft customs with a nice motor. I was very impressed with this boat, if that is what you want for your needs, which makes it a ***boat IMO. Here is a pic from their website of what this baby looks like....a frickin 28ft wake boarding boat...holy crap watch out freeboard challenged boats!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/8861024_x80_1_.jpg

Brian Ray
06-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, we just bought this....no tower as I'm not into the whole wakeboarding thing.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1894Picture_1071.jpg

HM
06-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Spend the money on an performance boat with a tower.
The Mastercrafts are pretty cool, but if you are not using them for skiing/wake boarding, then you will be not happy with speed (lack of) or ride (rougher than shit). And for the money they get for the Mastercraft...get an Ultra or similar. You will go faster, better ride, have all the same amenities and be happier in general.
My father-in-law bought the Mastercraft 205 prostar sammy duvall edition with the corvette small block - and he wants to know why it only goes 48 MPH with the high performance engine? These boats are designed for 36 MPH and less...the faster you try to go...the wetter the hull gets.

Chase
06-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Here is my opinion....
Any boat is a hot boat......if in the owners eyes it is!!!!
everyone will have a diffrent opinion on what a "***boat" is, so I think if you have a boat and figure it is a hot boat then it is......... :D

ptboat
06-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Guys, this is so cool. I am going to print this thread out and show it to my wife. I might be sleeping on a couch but who care, I get to have my 21' schiada. And you know which one I am talking about right ?
Alex.

lucky
06-08-2005, 01:26 PM
i STILL REFUSE TO RIDE IN WAKE BOARD BOATS !!!!!!! YEA BUY AN ULTRA - IT AT LEAST DOES 60 WITH MINUMUM POWER - i SAY BUY THE BOAT YOU WANT AND TRADE IN THE WIFE -- SPOT WILL FILL FAST ! :D
( GLAD MY WIFE DOESN'T HAVE A PUTER ) LOL

Kilrtoy
06-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Sure it can be a hot boat,
if you get dark colors and let it sit in the sun a while and then touch it... It will be HOT

HM
06-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Guys, this is so cool. I am going to print this thread out and show it to my wife. I might be sleeping on a couch but who care, I get to have my 21' schiada. And you know which one I am talking about right ?
Alex.
Don't put a tower on that Schiada! :hammerhea :hammerhea

RiverDave
06-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Guys,
If I slap on a couple flames and pimp it up a little bit. Would it consider a Hot Boat ? Cause my wife wants a Mastercraft with 350 horse and I want a Schiada with 900 horse. I think she is winning the war. :cry:
Alex.
Man I'm just giving out all kinds of advice today... Here's what you do to solve that problem.. Take her out to the lake on a nice windy day. (nice and choppy) Take her out in one tournament boat.. She's going to get tired of her boobs bouncing off her chin in about 2 seconds flat. Then take her out in a Schiada and she'll see the light. ;)
RD

Tom Brown
06-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Man I'm just giving out all kinds of advice today...
What Dave is saying is... Yes, a Mastercraft can be a ***boat if you install a Cutting Edge Marine battery bracket. :cool:

RiverDave
06-08-2005, 02:25 PM
What Dave is saying is... Yes, a Mastercraft can be a ***boat if you install a Cutting Edge Marine battery bracket. :cool:
***boat Indeed.. LOL :D
RD

CrazyHippy
06-08-2005, 02:27 PM
or 2 or 3...
BJH

mbrown2
06-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Buy two boats...one Schiada and one Wakeboard boat for her and call it good

SmokinLowriderSS
06-08-2005, 04:41 PM
She might get tired of it, but I won't. If she needs a hand holding those down/up/something, drop me a line. I'm just a helpful sort of guy. :D

locogringo
06-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Most of the Mastercrafts that I see are all "hot boats" because it seems like it is more the norm than not that there are smokin' hot chicks on them at all times!

Sherpa
06-08-2005, 05:19 PM
mine was* a hot-boat/chick magnet................then I got married.......
besides, it's fun to be running at 40mph, and spin it on it's length........
try that shit in an I/o, jet, vdrive, cat, vhull, whatever....
--Sherpa

Outnumbered
06-08-2005, 11:07 PM
mine was* a hot-boat/chick magnet................then I got married.......
besides, it's fun to be running at 40mph, and spin it on it's length........
try that shit in an I/o, jet, vdrive, cat, vhull, whatever....
--Sherpa
Just buy a SeaDoo and you can do the same for a lot less cash :rolleyes:

ptboat
06-09-2005, 05:05 AM
hehe, got up a little late this morning. I have a back ache sleeping on the couch. I showed her a copy of this thread and forgot about what I typed earlier. She read that and got all piss for nothing. If I say one word about a boat starting with the letter S I'll be eating nothing for dinner tonight. Guess I am just going to have a really wet dream about Schiada boat from now on.
Hey Smokin.. Do you want to trade a Schiada for a wife ? Then you can get a Mastercraft and holding hooters all day long. :D
Alex.

duffster
06-09-2005, 05:50 AM
Maybe with 5-gallons of gas and a match. Or you can paint flames on it. Now I'm out of ideas. But I hear they are good ski boats.

BILLY.B
06-09-2005, 06:23 AM
Guys,
Alex. Absolutely not. Don't let her play with you like this. The Mastercraft serves one purpose and thats it. But the Schiada can do both with style. Now go grab your balls back out of her purse and buy that Schiada. She'll respect you for that.... :D :D. And if she holds other things back from you just take the Schiada for a ride. Not only will it last longer but you'l be able to enjoy year after year. Good luck!!!!.

MagicMtnDan
06-09-2005, 06:36 AM
You can actually make your own dinner, it's pretty easy.
You can always eat chips and drink beer...in the Schiada :D

Dribble
06-09-2005, 06:53 AM
On a serious note. If you're anywhere near socal, grab your wife and visit several custom builders. My shortlist would include Lavey, Ultra, Essex, Eliminator, Shockwave, Cobra. Any of these builders can put a custom tower on their boat. Chances are after she sees the gelcoats and interiors in the hand built boats she might change her mind. Realistically speaking, are you going to be doing any pro wakeboarding? If not, the Mastercraft will only be most useful when your jumping that big ass wake.

ptboat
06-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Dribble,
I am freaking 40 years old, the only jumping I am going to do is on my bed not the water. I don't ski and don't wake board. The reason why she wants a mastercraft is so we can take the kids from the familys members out skiing. I wish my wife is one of those hot boat babes. She got the body for it, but hell the mind is a little out of proportion. :D
Alex.

Lightning
06-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Dribble,
I am freaking 40 years old, the only jumping I am going to do is on my bed not the water. I don't ski and don't wake board. The reason why she wants a mastercraft is so we can take the kids from the familys members out skiing. I wish my wife is one of those hot boat babes. She got the body for it, but hell the mind is a little out of proportion. :D
Alex.
The Mastercraft is a little overkill for what you want to do. Take the kids from the family members out???.... they should be happy they are getting an invite on the boat - and you are considering buying a boat that suits their needs?? Buy a boat that suits your needs first, they will be happy to be towed behind anything. In two years when they are not coming out to the lake anymore, you'll may end up with a bitchen' wakeboard boat that no one uses anymore. You need to go get that Schiada :)

Outnumbered
06-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Dribble,
Alex.
Its all about the ride. She will hate that roll-bar boat unless you only go out mid-week. Take her out on a busy weekend to Havi or Mohave with some freinds in a roll-bar boat and she will see the light. Sac-up and buy the Schiada, Lavey, Ultra, etc. :wink: You and the wife will not regret it.
Good luck.

Dave C
06-09-2005, 12:56 PM
I saw a nice Ultra recently with a roll-bar... errrr... I meant tower on it. Custom matched to the paint job. check out a 21-24 ft with a 496 and an open bow. Can't go wrong there.
Shiada's are really nice boats. Can't you get a tower with the Schiada? monkey see monkey do, you know.
;)

ptboat
06-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Dave,
I don't want a tower on a boat. My wife do, not me. I am not going to put any thing on a schida if I get one.
alex.

SmokinLowriderSS
06-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Thx for the offer ptboat. I've already got my Taylor jet I love, and my 3rd(!!) wife. Can't afford either a schiada OR another woman. Mine isn't much into either the Utah mormon thing OR sharing. :confused: 'Course, if yours likes the rough bashing ride of the Mastercraft, she'd LOVE my shallow-V Taylor, and I have a lot of muscle left when I am CRUIZING at 40.
I could spin her in her own length, probably magically turn her into a big-block submarine too at the same time. :messedup:
Oh, and I REFUSE categorically to put one of those ugly roll-bars on my boat, even if they DO make good speaker-mouints. :D

Dribble
06-09-2005, 04:37 PM
I saw the pics in the other thread and the Schiada is the only way to go.

termiteguy
06-09-2005, 04:42 PM
you want to save some money get a gayliner with atower same thing right :idea:

mxbundy
06-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Go check out the ULTRA! You can have it built with the wrap around seating just like the ski boat. Plus they have a wake board pole that attaches to the front of the motor through a hole in the hatch, and it is just as tall as a tower, so you can do all the tricks. It comes down when not in use and stows in the ski locker.That new 24 would be the ultimate boat for this.
I know because that is how John built mine.
It is truly like having the best of both worlds.
Bundy

chub
06-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Is anyone seeing this man cry out???? Sleep on the couch make your own dinner buy a Shiada clean you're own house buy a Shiada. Don't let your woman pick your boat unless she say's "We are buying that STOKER no matter what." :D :D :D :D

Dimarco21
06-09-2005, 04:51 PM
NO...NO WAY....AND HELL NO.
Did I get my point across???

termiteguy
06-09-2005, 04:52 PM
i have 23 genesis with no tower my boys wakeboard of the transom ski tow
they wanted me to put a tower on it im not drilling holes in custom gel :hammer2:

mmered8299
06-09-2005, 05:39 PM
I sold my 24' 80K Schiada and bought a 24' 45K Tige. And have been loving it. Of course I have a wife a 3 kids who love to ski every weekend. I've got the wakeboard fever. Now when the kids go off to college and I get to old to be doing Tantrems, I'll sell the wakeboard boat and get back into a Schiada.

Outnumbered
06-09-2005, 11:14 PM
I sold my 24' 80K Schiada and bought a 24' 45K Tige. And have been loving it. Of course I have a wife a 3 kids who love to ski every weekend. I've got the wakeboard fever. Now when the kids go off to college and I get to old to be doing Tantrems, I'll sell the wakeboard boat and get back into a Schiada.
You take a Tige out on Mead on the weekends or are you boating on Lake Las Vegas :p :D :p

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Schiada = Aston Martin & Fine Wine
MasterCraft = Astro Van & Bud Tall
You Pick..... :idea:
Later,
CJG

ptboat
06-10-2005, 04:48 AM
CJG,
hehe, are you my neighbor ? Cause I do own an Assstro van. Now a Mastercraft. :cry:

superdave013
06-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Absolutely not. Don't let her play with you like this. The Mastercraft serves one purpose and thats it. But the Schiada can do both with style. Now go grab your balls back out of her purse and buy that Schiada. She'll respect you for that.... :D :D. And if she holds other things back from you just take the Schiada for a ride. Not only will it last longer but you'l be able to enjoy year after year. Good luck!!!!.
pretty much sums it up right there

lucky
06-10-2005, 07:34 AM
master raft -- pretty much sums it up :idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
06-10-2005, 05:32 PM
We'll wave, ... as we go past, .... towing a tube. :supp: We're a friendly bunch that way. :D

bordsmnj
06-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Bwahahahaha. what a funny ass thread.***boat. shiiiit .they have a magasine?DOUH! wrong thread.