PDA

View Full Version : Without The Lakers, Who Cares About The Finals??

All IN
06-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Without the Lakers does anybody care about the NBA Finals. I bet the tv ratings will be low.

Parker Dreamin
06-08-2005, 03:25 PM
We would not want to see the Lakers in it this year, no good.
Look at it this way.... at least there is hoops on to watch. What else are the options? Baseball is cool but just not the same.

dimarcobros
06-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Who is in the finals?

welk2party
06-08-2005, 03:30 PM
lakers suck :D how about the clipers :hammer2:
Are the clipers a new team? :D

Ducatista
06-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Anyone else happy that Shaq's team lost? I know I am....Kobe got most of the blame, but Shaq was just as guilty as Kobe & Laker management :rolleyes: in breaking up one of the best tandems the league has seen. They all got what they deserved this year...failure :rolleyes:

Coleitis22
06-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Without the Lakers does anybody care about the NBA Finals. I bet the tv ratings will be low.
The Lakers can't make to the finals. They are too busy molesting hookers.

MagicMtnDan
06-08-2005, 04:00 PM
The Lakers suck and will again next year.
Anyone here think Kobe is better than Wade? I'd take Wade in a heartbeat.
By the way, there's a new minor league team in AZ - the Havasu Dog Strokers :D

SCUBA STEVE
06-08-2005, 04:18 PM
The Lakers suck and will again next year.
Anyone here think Kobe is better than Wade? I'd take Wade in a heartbeat.
By the way, there's a new minor league team in AZ - the Havasu Dog Strokers :D
Wade sure showed up in game 7 the other night. :2purples:
I'll take Kobe over Wade or Shaq any day. I'll take Ben Wallace over Shaq for that matter. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
06-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Anyone else happy that Shaq's team lost? I know I am....Kobe got most of the blame, but Shaq was just as guilty as Kobe & Laker management :rolleyes: in breaking up one of the best tandems the league has seen. They all got what they deserved this year...failure :rolleyes:
I am glad to see them out of it!! No kobe no trophy! :cool:

Parker Dreamin
06-08-2005, 06:21 PM
I was happy to see the Heat get smacked around in their own house. I would take Kobe over Wade for sure. Wade is good, but not as good.
Shaq sucks !!!!!

HighRoller
06-08-2005, 06:29 PM
I'd take Steve Nash over Kobe or Shaq. He keeps his mouth shut, doesn't stir up any drama, no illegitimate children in the stands, no pending felony charges, and besides... WHITE BOY GOT GAME!!!!!!! Who would have thunk a white man would ever win the league MVP award! :jawdrop:

Domn8er
06-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Kobe over Wade anytime...unless Kobe has two broken legs and two broken arms, then ok maybe I'd take Wade. Spurs will take out Detroit in 5 games. And for the Laker fans...there is a lot of speculation that Phil Jackson will announce his return as the Lakers coach as early as tomorrow. Oh, and the rumors I've been reading about as far as trades.... :idea: :idea: :idea:

Domn8er
06-08-2005, 06:39 PM
I pulled this from the Lakers Message Board
-Hoopsworld.com has learned that Phil Jackson is scheduled on Wednesday to tape an interview for CMI: Chris Myers Interview, a new national show aired on the Fox Sports Network. Although the interview was originally set to air on June 26th, promos are being rushed for airing on the show's debut this Sunday (bumping the Jose Conseco interview), with the hook "The Phil Jackson Decision."
A number of sources tell me that Phil will take the Laker job, but there are others close to the situation who say that Phil may go in the other direction.
Whatever Phil chooses, don't be surprised to hear a major announcement this week, even before Fox runs the interview on Sunday . . . perhaps Thursday.
Alternatives?
If Phil has indeed decided to end his flirtation with the Lakers and move in another direction, could the Chicago Bulls be the sleeper? Rumors have surfaced of a buy-out in place that will end the Bulls' relationship with current coach Scott Skiles. Phil announcing his return to the franchise that he led to six championships (along with some help from Michael Jordan) would certainly be a shock, but don't be surprised if that's the buzz heading into game one of the NBA Finals. (Update: Skiles has been extended as coach.)
Perhaps it's more likely that the Lakers have worked whatever differences they had with Jackson, but one well-placed source says that's not the case. Instead the Lakers are closely monitoring Larry Brown and the Detroit Pistons. Brown has apparently worn out his welcome in Detroit, despite last year's title and a repeat appearance in the Finals. Brown has been linked to the Cleveland Cavaliers, but the Lakers are said to be seriously interested. Should he be healthy enough to coach next season, the Lakers could look to have Brown in place shortly after the NBA Draft.
The Lakers would have some legal issues to discuss with the league regarding compensation. The Pistons gave the Cavaliers permission to speak with Brown for the position of president, not coach. LA may take that to the league as implicit permission for others to speak to Brown as well . . . that the designation of coach or president is immaterial. Worst case is the Lakers are forced to give the Pistons a future first-round pick. A slap on the wrist would be a future second. Since the Pistons are on the hook to Brown for a substantial amount of money, they may not force the issue.
Obviously it's premature. Phil could be the Laker coach by next week. Larry Brown could end up literally anywhere.
The best word to describe the Lakers' situation is "uncertainty," though it would appear that one answer will be revealed shortly.

cigar
06-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Anybody that would want kobe bryant on there TEAM don't know basketball!!!

Domn8er
06-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Wow, could that be any older? Skiles has resigned with the Bulls and Larry Brown is as good as GM of the Cavs.
What are you talking about. Skiles just announced that yesterday and there still is no guarantee for Brown going to Cleveland.

Domn8er
06-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Anybody that would want kobe bryant on there TEAM don't know basketball!!!
You're right. Jerry Buss knows nothing about basketball, what does he have something like 9 championships??? Oh, and about every coach in the league would want Kobe to take the last shot of the game if it were on the line. (there was a survey done last season, by the coaches)

cigar
06-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah, what the hell has he done besides win three championships by the time he was 25?
He has ruined every relationship he has been involved in. Shaq, Phil, Karl, His dad, His wife(almost). Kobe is for Kobe no TEAM in Kobe. You can have him give me wade, ginoble, nash, garnett, anyday. TEAM players!!!!

cigar
06-08-2005, 07:16 PM
You're right. Jerry Buss knows nothing about basketball, what does he have something like 9 championships??? Oh, and about every coach in the league would want Kobe to take the last shot of the game if it were on the line. (there was a survey done last season, by the coaches)
Kobe is obviously a great talent. There just something not right when it comes to the team and authority. I have never really heard any team mates brag about him as a person.
Buss is a good owner with alot of money, but Jerry West built the team and he is history.
Last shot Iverson, Wade, Ray Allen, Duncan, Garnett, as far as that goes give it to Horry

dmontzsta
06-08-2005, 07:31 PM
amen

cigar
06-08-2005, 07:32 PM
On the subject of Shaq, I'm glad that fatass is out. Hey, fatass, why didn't you show up 80 lbs lighter to start the 2003-2004 season? You fatass.[/QUOTE]
Being a little tuff on him aren't you!! I seen him in person against San Antonio at San Antonio floor seats start of the 03-04 season and he was leaner than you think.
Also I think Shaq might be a little bit overated. He gets away with alot under the hoop seems like a differant set of rules.

Krazy K
06-08-2005, 07:43 PM
It's because the Lakers are not in the Finals is the reason I'm watching it!!!

HighRoller
06-08-2005, 07:45 PM
I would crack up if the game was called 100%... there would be a traveling foul every 12 seconds!! I've seen 3, 4 and even 5 steps to the basket to lay up or dunk! And the one foot on the ground rule? Double dribble? Everyone carries over. The game is a joke.

cigar
06-08-2005, 07:53 PM
{QUOTE}
Keep your good citizens, I'll take the championships. Hell, I'm not even a Laker fan.
Kobe doesn't have a TEAM. The Lakers are plain awful. For them to hover near .500 for most of the season is a testament to how good Kobe really is, because that was a flat out disgusting basketball team.
Phil doesn't even want to coach him. Who has Phil ever had a problem with ?
I'am sure he will come back it's hard to walk away from playa del rey, 10 million, Jeanie vp, probably future ownership.

totenhosen
06-08-2005, 08:54 PM
As far as being tough on him, you and I both know that he was up near 400 lbs last season with the Lakers. He had zero elevation, rebounded for chit, didn't run the floor at all. Then he shows up in Miami looking thinner than Cameron Diaz. It pisses me off when people do that crap. He did that for one reason, and only one reason, to make the Lakers look bad. That's not a team player.
Finally someone that sees Shaq for what he is! The only reason why no one calls Shaq for what he really is, is because he has some personality. He comes off as a nice guy. He is just as selfish Kobe. Had he stayed in shape and didn't whine like a bitch about getting resigned he'd still be in laker uniform. Did you also notice that when he played in orlando he called Penny the best 2 in the game, than Kobe and now Wade.
Shaq is a bandwagoneer jsut like most laker fans. Good riddance!

HighRoller
06-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Laker fans are weak. My Bro in Law switched SPORTS when the Lakers didn't make the playoffs. Now he's a NASCAR junkie. If his driver doesn't make CASHCARS top ten payoff race, he'll probly start watching rugby next year.