PDA

View Full Version : Boat Race For Lake Boats !!!!!

Slow Boat 001
06-07-2001, 06:35 PM
If I was to put on a Boat Race for Lake Boats, Who would bring there lake boat to the race. This race would be for 12 and 13sec boats for those of you that dont know how fast that is it ia about 65 to 85 mph. It would have a pay out of $2500.-1st 2000.-2nd 1500-3rd 1000-4th 500-5th 6th to 10th $150.00 The race would be in Kansas. E-mail me racing@msinter.net

Jetmugg
06-07-2001, 06:49 PM
I'd be willing to tow out to Kansas, depending on where in KS, and when. I'm originally from Missouri, and have lots of friends in the KC area, but it you're talking about western KS, then it's a bit too far.
SteveM.

Jetmugg
06-07-2001, 06:57 PM
I just checked out your website, Slowboat. Very cool. I like the Jet Hydro. What kind of numbers did you run at the "Duel on the Brazos?" Also, how does the hydro handle? You don't see many jet hydros, and I've always wondered if it's because they don't like to make turns. Not that it's a problem for a drag boat, but I'm just curious how you find the handling.
SteveM.

Slow Boat 001
06-07-2001, 07:35 PM
No the race will not be out west. it will be in mid Kansas. about 3hr. south of Kansas City.
At the race you asked about we had some motor problems (only ran on 7cyl) so we ran it in the 13sec class top speed in that class was 75.5 mph at 13.125 or we would have broke out and ran a 12sec. As you saw on our web site, we just built this boat so we are still playing with it. The last test run we made, it went in the 90`s. We hope to get it in the 100+ before our next race here at Herington KS in July. As far as the handling it is just like a new car. As you saw on page 2 it runs good and flat.You wont see Jet Hydros because back in the 70`s no one could make them work like the Prop Hydros so they gave up on the idea of a Jet Hydro. This boat is only 1 of about 5 at the most.We are going to put them back on the map so to speak. We make all of our parts so we have parts that they didnt have back then.
if we do the KING OF THE LAKE RACE we will post it on this web site.
Thanks for your reply
Slow Boat 001 www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com (http://www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com)

superdave013
06-08-2001, 06:23 AM
Wow, wish I was closer. You're paying more than NJBA by far. I have not raced with them for some time but when I won Blown Gas Flat I was paid under 250 bucks! In your race you could take an old good running jet boat and almost pay for it if you won the race. That's great, wish you all the luck.

Slow Boat 001
06-11-2001, 10:53 PM
Don`t say I live to far a way, just hook up that boat and get on the road .