PDA

View Full Version : GPS Teen tracker Phones

jackpunx
06-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Do any of you have any experience with these phones?.. My 17 yr old daughter wants a new phone.. I think I want to get her one of these.. Anyone know anything about them?
thanks

1stepcloser
06-09-2005, 09:52 AM
My daughters last two phones have this feature. It allows the phone to be located (via the phone #) in case of emergency.
It was explained that if, for example, the phone holder was lost in the forest, the phone company could locate the phone using the ESN.
And shit.

jackpunx
06-09-2005, 10:00 AM
My daughters last two phones have this feature. It allows the phone to be located (via the phone #) in case of emergency.
It was explained that if, for example, the phone holder was lost in the forest, the phone company could locate the phone using the ESN.
And shit.
Im looking for more of a...
Me "Where are you?
her.. Im at church
me.. is your chuch in hollywood?
her .. NO
me..Oh.. cause I see that your in hollywood..
Im looking to give her the opportunity to be honest.

Rev. Williams
06-09-2005, 10:09 AM
I think all the hottie teens should have this.... Then we can track where they all go and we can go there to meet them :D :D :D

WYRD
06-09-2005, 10:16 AM
I think all the hottie teens should have this.... Then we can track where they all go and we can go there to meet them :D :D :D
WE ARE TALKING SEVENTEEN here Rev.........................BTW how is my little teenie bopper doing :p :p

RiverDave
06-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Im looking for more of a...
Me "Where are you?
her.. Im at church
me.. is your chuch in hollywood?
her .. NO
me..Oh.. cause I see that your in hollywood..
Im looking to give her the opportunity to be honest.
I think that might be going a bit far... but hey it's your kid.. Nextel Bro. ;) Blackberry has all that n shit.. and there's several other phones they offer that do as well. Your going to end up switching to nextel too though so you can check where she's at on your phone etc..
RD

1stepcloser
06-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Oh! Right. Honesty thing.
Well, like Dave said, Blackberry does that.... I think you need a home program though.
Nextel. All ready to go.

dirty old man
06-09-2005, 10:30 AM
We track all our employees via their cell phones, but they don't know it. Kinda like asking your daughter if her church is in Hollywood. The GPS reads back on the boss's computer

ratso
06-09-2005, 10:32 AM
And shit.
...lost in the forest??? Right!!!
More like getting pounded at Motel 6. :notam:

WYRD
06-09-2005, 10:33 AM
We track all our employees via their cell phones, but they don't know it. Kinda like asking your daughter if her church is in Hollywood. The GPS reads back on the boss's computer
I want that service is that through Nextel.............does it cost any extra?

CNeidhart
06-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Check this site out. http://forgetmenotpanties.contagiousmedia.org/
This is the product that YOU NEED for all parents of a 17 year old girl. :eek:

nextel4u
06-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Call Christa or John at 800-491-7121, We offer ***boater discounts on all of our services. We can set you up with a phone that has GPS, you can track it right from your home or office computer.
Thanks
John

mirvin
06-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Dood.......if you want to know where you're daughter is....just call me ;)
mirvin :boxingguy :redface:

Unforgiven
06-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I have GPS on my nextel and my daughters ..thought it was a good thing till my daughter fiqured out how to use it...now she knows how to find me...damm it...

Rev. Williams
06-09-2005, 11:05 AM
WE ARE TALKING SEVENTEEN here Rev.........................BTW how is my little teenie bopper doing :p :p
And your point is ?????????? :D :D
My teenie is all good. She's a little bummed she can't come with me to Havasu this weekend, but overall she's good. Now just because I'm leaving her behind it doesn't mean she needs your company this weekend :devil: :D
I have GPS and video on her at all times !! :D :D

jackpunx
06-09-2005, 11:32 AM
I walked down to nextel for lunch.. they actually are a pretty cool service.. I can track her.. I have to see it but supposedly it will tell me how fast she is driving too.. they also have a GPS navigation feature..
I think Im going to get it for her B day 6/26 .. The phone has all the bells and whissles..SHe'll love it..
I may switch over too..
unfortunately.. I just purchased a new phone through cingular.. I think the nextel is cheaper also..Im just nervous about loosing the killer reception I got now that they merged with ATT
BTW.. what kind of discount do I get as a HB member and can I combine it with my corporate discount?
Thanks

jackpunx
06-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Uncle Marvin the PRE VERT! :rolleyes:

acatitude
06-09-2005, 11:34 AM
LMAO now thats funny

1stepcloser
06-09-2005, 11:35 AM
:notam: It was the example the sales kid gave me.
I trust that my daughter isnt doing anything that I wouldnt approve of. :)

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-09-2005, 11:36 AM
I walked down to nextel for lunch.. they actually are a pretty cool service.. I can track her.. I have to see it but supposedly it will tell me how fast she is driving too.. they also have a GPS navigation feature..
I think Im going to get it for her B day 6/26 .. The phone has all the bells and whissles..SHe'll love it..
I may switch over too..
unfortunately.. I just purchased a new phone through cingular.. I think the nextel is cheaper also..Im just nervous about loosing the killer reception I got now that they merged with ATT
BTW.. what kind of discount do I get as a HB member and can I combine it with my corporate discount?
Thanks
FYI, Nextel does not work in parker at all.

Waldo
06-09-2005, 11:39 AM
That's just wrong right there!

scarabrick2
Have your daughter put the phone in HER name (phone acct). It will help later with the whole credit thing. This is a good way to establish credit. Maybe you should get her a credit card ( co sign ) so she starts getting her credit score higher. I know this helped me out some time ago when I was young( Now 36 yrs young)
Rick

nextel4u
The instant messaging is not working for jackpunx. Which corporate code will be on the nextel account? Usually we offer an extra $25.00 off each phone for ***boaters. We also offer a 25% discount on all OEM Motorola Accessories.
Thanks
John

SCUBA STEVE
06-09-2005, 12:06 PM
FYI, Nextel does not work in parker at all.
Neither does cingular. lol :D

WYRD
06-09-2005, 12:09 PM
John I forgot to ask you does the pricing plan we talked about inlcude the GPS tracking or is that extra :cool:
Thanks
Shane

HM
06-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Wonder if they got them on a collar....I think a lot of dog owners would be interested right about now....or would it just be easier to track Frenchie?
:D :D :D :D :D :D

WYRD
06-09-2005, 12:15 PM
John I forgot to ask you does the pricing plan we talked about inlcude the GPS tracking or is that extra :cool:
Thanks
Shane
ttt

jackpunx
06-09-2005, 12:41 PM
The instant messaging is not working for jackpunx. Which corporate code will be on the nextel account? Usually we offer an extra $25.00 off each phone for ***boaters. We also offer a 25% discount on all OEM Motorola Accessories.
Thanks
John
I work for Yahoo.. I just found out its only 3% off of my bill per month

nextel4u
06-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Jackpunx, call me at 800-491-7121 i will tell you the % discount, I can give you.
Shane, the prices I quoted you do not include GPS, figure about $20.00 per month per phone, that will give you a very robust tracking system.

Norseman
06-09-2005, 01:25 PM
They know it..... or should...... :)
I can turn the tracking feature off and on on my Verizon phone, it's always on for 911 calls from the cell phone. Does not allow the caller to turn GPS tracking on, this may have changed with the newer phones, mines a Samsung.
You need to set it up with your cell carrier if you want to track the phone. There is a fee for it, when I got this phone about 3 years ago it was pretty expensive, no idea what it is now.
Verizon was pushing it for businesses with outside sales people or service employees as a way to keep everybody honest. Only thing is that the phone shows you when the GPS signal is on.
Bob

jackpunx
06-09-2005, 01:30 PM
So.. I just talked to John.. He's got his sh*t together.. He spent all the time I needed to understand the plans and options.. And gave me a huge discount which he said he would pass along to you guys..
Im going to switch my whole family over.. I just have to shut off my Cingular deal now.. gonna cost a little.. but with the money I saved its going to pay its self off..
If your interested or have any questions. I suggest giving this guy a call.
Plus he’s a boater and lives in Vegas.. He told me if you come to his office.. He’ll give you $500.00 to gamble with..lol… J/K

WYRD
06-09-2005, 01:32 PM
So.. I just talked to John.. He's got his sh*t together.. He spent all the time I needed to understand the plans and options.. And gave me a huge discount which he said he would pass along to you guys..
Im going to switch my whole family over.. I just have to shut off my Cingular deal now.. gonna cost a little.. but with the money I saved its going to pay its self off..
If your interested or have any questions. I suggest giving this guy a call.
Plus he’s a boater and lives in Vegas.. He told me if you come to his office.. He’ll give you $500.00 to gamble with..lol… J/K
He just hooked me up too Mark I am gonna switch my business over to Nextel through John.............Killer deal. Thanks John :cool:

jackpunx
06-09-2005, 01:35 PM
I have a Nextel i95 and it works on both sides of the river in Parker, but not at our park.
Nice.. thats good and bad.. lol.. my current cingular works in parker.. its a little shotty.. but it works better than most..
if the nextel works there as good as cingular.. I'll be really happy :D

jackpunx
06-09-2005, 02:29 PM
So I told my daughter about the service I was going to get her.. she was totally cool about it and she was totally appreciative .. Kinda threw me for a loop..
I told her that I would know how fast she was driving, where she was and where she is real time..She's a good kid.. but my in my heart I know she has not been honest with me.. I told her I couldn’t prove it.. but it hurt my feelings..
so now we are both on a clean slate.. She cant fib to me about where she is and I dont doubt her because I can prove it.. everyone is happy..

jackpunx
06-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Except for the fact that you've taken all the trust out of the equation. But, hey, she's your kid, proceed. ;)
will do .. thanks Bob

Lake Ape
06-09-2005, 04:12 PM
I have Nextel and it's included in my plans. I can track where my employees are and where they have been and how long they were there!

RiverDave
06-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Neither does cingular. lol :D
My cingular works pretty well in Parker actually.. doesn't work in the keys though.
RD

chub
06-09-2005, 05:19 PM
I have Nextel for Bus. and Verizon for pers. The V works in GS and on the H2o. Nex works on the H2o but not at the pad. I'm calling it "all good."