PDA

View Full Version : brake up grade????????????

a catered life
06-10-2005, 05:48 AM
looking to do something for a upgrade in brakes for the tahoe this weekend......better pads maybe bigger calibers not sure any suggestions.........i was told that fleet brake pads are pretty good better than the standard raybestos from pep boys :confused:

Kachina26
06-10-2005, 06:08 AM
The standard brakes from GM are pretty good, they last awhile (on the new body style) and don't squeek. Stock=reliable :D

a catered life
06-10-2005, 06:31 AM
The standard brakes from GM are pretty good, they last awhile (on the new body style) and don't squeek. Stock=reliable :D
yea the one on there work good but since i want to do bakes this weekend i thought i would upgrade ps i got a 99 not rich enough to boat and own a new truck :jawdrop: i believe in the cash system only thing i finance are the house's

JetBoatRich
06-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Willie exactly are you looking to improve? More mileage on a set of brakes, better braking power?
If you are having problems stopping with the boat, maybe your trailer needs adjustment :idea:
or buy a smaller boat :confused:

MrsJetDriver
06-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Willie I run the fleet pads on our Ho. THey are quiet and minimal dusting, well worth the extra bit of cash you will spend. I would get your rotors turned while your at it. If you can afford it I would go for the disc braek upgrade to the rear! :D

JetBoatRich
06-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Willie I run the fleet pads on our Ho. THey are quiet and minimal dusting, well worth the extra bit of cash you will spend. I would get your rotors turned while your at it. If you can afford it I would go for the disc braek upgrade to the rear! :D
Steph who put these on :rolleyes: you or Shawn :confused:

Party Cat
06-10-2005, 07:09 AM
looking to do something for a upgrade in brakes for the tahoe this weekend......better pads maybe bigger calibers not sure any suggestions.........i was told that fleet brake pads are pretty good better than the standard raybestos from pep boys :confused:
Aside from a major upgrade...there isn't much you can do....I put a set of Stillen Rotors on our 97 1/2 ton Suburban (I think the same brakes as your 99) I have been told that the 3/4 ton suburban calipers are supposed to fit the 1/2 tons..but never checked that angle out...either way...the factory pads seem to work the best as far as not squeeking...

Whipped Caliber
06-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Here is what I did to my truck:
Pads
http://www.hawkperformance.com/
Rotors
http://www.baer.com/cgi-bin/start.exe/baer/index.html

a catered life
06-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Willie exactly are you looking to improve? More mileage on a set of brakes, better braking power?
If you are having problems stopping with the boat, maybe your trailer needs adjustment :idea:
or buy a smaller boat :confused:
smaller boat isn't that illegal in some states............ :hammer2: i was just looking for something better than factory.i haven't had any problems stopping the boat but i didnt want to over work the break system.
mrs jet your one hell of a lady if your doing the breaks on the car :eek: i think i will go with the fleet since you approved them :wink:

INSman
06-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Congrats on your 4,000th post !!! What is with your avatar ??

a catered life
06-10-2005, 12:15 PM
no thread jacking allowed or you have to pay the penalty......... :squiggle: two nights with me, a bucket of kfc extra crispy, one beer with two straws, and some motor oil 20w/50 weight, in a glass box room. :D

Jetdriver
06-10-2005, 12:43 PM
My bad guys, I was home this morning and posted under the wifeys name. Willie if you have any questions give me a call this weekend, Ill be around all weekend. (818) 419-6126
Shawn

Kachina26
06-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanx, I forgot what post I blew it on :rolleyes: I wrote my name in the filth on the back of Mel's boat last year :D
ACL, it's not a thread jack, it's a bump ;)

JetBoatRich
06-10-2005, 05:05 PM
ACL, it's not a thread jack, it's a bump ;)
Always helping other HB members out :wink:
BUMP

Beer-30
06-10-2005, 05:12 PM
I went with new (stock) rotors on the dually with the GM Ceramic pads. Work great. I am not normally an OEM pad type o guy, but these work well.
Baer ERRADISPEED kit is supposed to be real nice. Wouldn't happen this weekend, though. Would need to order.

Rexone
06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
I used Stillin rotors and stock pads on a 96 Sub 3/4 ton with pretty fair results. Trucks are marginally braked by design (brake size and caliper design) though IMO. They should have come stock with rear discs as well but didn't.
Take a look at Stainless Steel Brakes (the company) too. I know they have some nice upgrade kits for some vehicles.

Just-Us
06-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Yo Willie :idea: come on by and I will help you fix them up :D between JBR and I we will get the thing to stop :jawdrop:

mmered8299
06-10-2005, 06:52 PM
I put these on my F350 and love them.
http://member.newsguy.com/~nutech/frames.html

JetBoatRich
06-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Yo Willie :idea: come on by and I will help you fix them up :D between JBR and I we will get the thing to stop :jawdrop:
You want to make it stop :idea: no problem :messedup: