PDA

View Full Version : Scream

phebus
06-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Matt, thank you vey much for the nice PM. I responded, but I don't know if it went through. The system is messed up,
Rick

Beer-30
06-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey Phebus, I was hoping to catch you in here this AM. I was looking through some old photos, and came across this from the '02 LA boat show. Your's, right?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2433Phebus800.jpg

Beer-30
06-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Oops. I gues not. I just noticed the black windshield.

phebus
06-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Yes, it is very similar, but not ours. Ours is yellow rather than orange, and has the white windshield.
Thanks

Debbolas
06-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Scream is out tonight and will be back tomorrow night around 12pm
(camping with the son kind of thing) :D
bump this up on Monday and he will see it :D

phebus
06-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Deb, Matt was just very kind in a PM he sent me. Please give him my thanks.
By the way, I'm soon to join your rods and screws club.
Rick

Debbolas
06-11-2005, 04:53 PM
I really hope that helps you. :wink: (my pm didn't scare you too much, I hope) :2purples:
I felt better after my surgery until I blew the disk above the fusion :(
He won't be back until midnight, so maybe tomorrow, bump this, but for sure Monday he will check it from his office :wink:
Take it easy! :wink:

Flyinbowtie
06-11-2005, 05:26 PM
I really hope that helps you. :wink: (my pm didn't scare you too much, I hope) :2purples:
I felt better after my surgery until I blew the disk above the fusion :(
He won't be back until midnight, so maybe tomorrow, bump this, but for sure Monday he will check it from his office :wink:
Take it easy! :wink:
Fellow back pain sufferers....not tryin' to hijack, but...
I'm still doin' the dance, too. The best of the best in Sacto has run all the tests, etc, and now says I am "too far out of the protocol" to have him operate on me, which translates to I need a minimum of 2 and probably 3 artifical discs right now, L3-4 down to S1. FDA has only approved it for one level.
So, now he is trying to get me in to one of the Surgeons at UCSF who was involved in the clinical trial that got the single level disc replacement approved. This guy apparently can get Compassionate Waivers from the FDA to do multi-level replacements.
Keep yer fingers crossed...

Debbolas
06-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Fellow back pain sufferers....not tryin' to hijack, but...
I'm still doin' the dance, too. The best of the best in Sacto has run all the tests, etc, and now says I am "too far out of the protocol" to have him operate on me, which translates to I need a minimum of 2 and probably 3 artifical discs right now, L3-4 down to S1. FDA has only approved it for one level.
So, now he is trying to get me in to one of the Surgeons at UCSF who was involved in the clinical trial that got the single level disc replacement approved. This guy apparently can get Compassionate Waivers from the FDA to do multi-level replacements.
Keep yer fingers crossed...
Wow, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know the pain you are in. I had a three level fusion about three years ago, they used cages in place of the disks, and took bone seeds from my hip to put into the cages, so that bone would grow.. They also put rods in my back. I was pain free until I blew the disk above the fusion, now I have to have a diskectamy and hopefully he won't have to put any screws in ....Should be an outpatient procedure, but because of my prior surgery, I don't know.
There is a doctor in Loma Linda who is using cadaber disks for some surgery and another one using these disks that swivel.....
Well good luck to you..... :D :D

Flyinbowtie
06-12-2005, 06:16 AM
Deb..
Thanks..
Check out this website, this is what they are talking about for me.
About the same success rate for this as the fusion, but the retention of movement is the one major improvement.
www.charitedisc.com

Debbolas
06-12-2005, 08:29 AM
yes, my mobility is limited (I can't paint my toenails anymore) If they fuse some additional levels (he has told me that will probably happen, I have degenerative disc disease) I won't be able to bend much...........
Thanks, I will check it out :wink:

Scream
06-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Rick,
Got your pm, both of them...lol. Don't know exactly whats up with this site right now, but what the heck.
Thanks for the response and keep the faith brothu. and by the way, we can have a beer even if we're on dry land, so keep that in mind, cause for some reason I'm always thirsty... :wink:
See ya soon,
Matt