PDA

View Full Version : Overhead Guages for DMax

sigepmock
06-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Just wanted to share with you guys the overhead guages I had installed on my new 05 DMax.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495guages-med.jpg
I got the boost and EGT guages so I could keep and eye on things, also got two Aux switches with it for future goodies.
Clyde at West Coast Diesel Performance did the install and I can say he did a top notch job at a very reasonable price. If anyone needs Diesel truck mods or maintenance Clyde is the man. Here's a link to his shop in Lake Elsinore.
West Coast Diesel (http://www.wcdieselperformance.com/)
Thanks,
Chris

LHC30Victory
06-14-2005, 01:10 PM
That is just what I was looking for! I am going with the Banks stuff but didn't want to put the gauges on the A pillar. What mount did he use? Make it himself? how did he run the wires?

sigepmock
06-14-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure the name of the mount but it comes anadized black, brushed , or polished with or w/out aux switches . Wires are run under the head liner and down the a pillar. Tapped into the dash lights for dimmer.
Worse case give him a call. Clyde's a very cool guy.
Chris

riverbound
06-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Looks good...now change your avatar ;) Are you going to see Dave for some aduio upgrades now?

sigepmock
06-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Looks good...now change your avatar ;) Are you going to see Dave for some aduio upgrades now?
I'll change the avatar when it comes back from he suspension shop :wink:
As far as going to see Dave I want to but it will have to wait until I get some more $$$$ This first round of mods is gonna hurt :crossx:
Chris

STV_Keith
06-14-2005, 03:07 PM
That mount is actually made by TTS Power Systems (http://www.ttspowersystems.com) in Compton. Steve over there is a great guy. I carry his Attitude mounts (go in that same location).

dieseldog
06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the props sigepmock! I'm glad you like the gauges. As far as where they are made, they are not made by TTS, but they sell them. I know the "guy" personally who wrote the programs and manufactures the mounts.

Wild Twin
06-14-2005, 05:20 PM
That looks great. I think it looks better than on the Ape Pillar.

Just Tool'n
06-15-2005, 11:26 AM
So did you sell or trade your old HD?

STV_Keith
06-15-2005, 12:29 PM
As far as where they are made, they are not made by TTS, but they sell them. I know the "guy" personally who wrote the programs and manufactures the mounts.
Actually, Steve at TTS does manufacture them. :rollside:

sigepmock
06-15-2005, 01:20 PM
So did you sell or trade your old HD?
Sold it to a dealer that specializes in lifted/custom trucks.....and a greatly reduced rate :mad: But hey that's how it goes when you're impatient like me :D

dieseldog
06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Easy enough, just call Vicki like I just did, and ask her if they manufacture them. Not worth arguing about.

sigepmock
06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Always trying to stir the pot and start $hit aren't you Keith........oh wait ......no that's Jordy that does that :yuk:

sigepmock
06-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Easy enough, just call Vicki like I just did, and ask her if they manufacture them. Not worth arguing about.
Only one way to settle this.......... a Race between each of your shop trucks :D :D
Clyde I have to warn you, even though your's is pretty Bad A$$, Keith's make take it :D :D (Hint: Look at the name of the door) Just picking on ya Clyde. :hammerhea
http://www.riverratlife.com/keith/dragtruck/dscn2432.jpg
Can't we all ust get along.......
Chris

Jordy
06-15-2005, 01:33 PM
no that's Jordy that does that :yuk:
What did I do?? :D :D :D

Danhercules
06-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Only one way to settle this.......... a Race between each of your shop trucks :D :D
Clyde I have to warn you, even though your's is pretty Bad A$$, Keith's make take it :D :D (Hint: Look at the name of the door) Just picking on ya Clyde. :hammerhea
http://www.riverratlife.com/keith/dragtruck/dscn2432.jpg
Can't we all ust get along.......
Chris
BUT THATS A DODGE!!!!!!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Danhercules
06-15-2005, 02:16 PM
I am just havin fun. Kinda like the V-drive Jet thing. LOL
Anyway, I want to put in my .02 to Clyde at West Coast!! TOP NOTCH GUY AND WORK!!!!!

STV_Keith
06-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Not worth arguing about.
Agreed. Steve designed it and had it built. You are right though, he doesn't "manufacture" it in-house.

BRSTQUEST
06-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Well I Just Bought An 05 2500hd C/c 4x4 Duramax And So Far So Good!!!!! I Want To Do A 6 Inch Lift Who Has An Opinion On The Best Lift For This Truck?????? I Also Want To Do Some Mild Motor Upgrades, What Is The Best Bang For The Buck????? Is It Worth Doing A Cat Back Exhaust???? Any Info Would Be Great...thnx

sigepmock
06-27-2005, 07:15 AM
Good lift is the RCD 6", comes with everything, shocks, etc...Best Kit => CST 6-8" lift. I had the RCD on the last truck and it was great for the price, only thing I needed to add was steering upgrade for the Pitman/Idle arm (From Cognito). On the new truck I'm running the CST 6-8", I left it a 6". It is more $$$ but is also a lot stronger and includes a steering upgrade. It also doesn't come with shocks so you have to buy those seperately. Call Jason at Rancho Motorsports in Ontario, 909-390-9722, tell him you're a ***boater and he'll hook you up.
As far as engine mods, get a 4" catback exhaust, a cold-air intake(stock is pretty good), and a programmer. Edge makes the best programmer but it takes a little work to remove before going in to the dealer for warranty work. I got the Diablo Sport Predator programmer. It's a hand held programmer so you just plug it in tune and go or plug it in a "Return to Stock" before going to the dealer. I run it on the 65HP tune for everyday driving and towing the boat and on the 40HP tune for towing over 8000lbs. It really made a difference on my truck.
Just my $.02,
Chris

BRSTQUEST
06-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Thanks For All The Info.....this Duramax Thing Is New To Me So I Need All The Info I Can Get......i Am Leaning Towards The Cst With Bilstein Shocks But Still Looking Around
Thanks,
Bob

sigepmock
06-28-2005, 08:00 AM
Good Luck Bob, and Congrats on the truck. Have you tried this place?
Diesel Place (http://thedieselplace.com/forum/index.php)
Lot's of good info there too.
Chris

dieseldog
06-28-2005, 08:14 AM
As far as engine mods, get a 4" catback exhaust, a cold-air intake(stock is pretty good), and a programmer. Edge makes the best programmer but it takes a little work to remove before going in to the dealer for warranty work. I got the Diablo Sport Predator programmer. It's a hand held programmer so you just plug it in tune and go or plug it in a "Return to Stock" before going to the dealer. I run it on the 65HP tune for everyday driving and towing the boat and on the 40HP tune for towing over 8000lbs. It really made a difference on my truck.
Agreed. I like the predator on LLY's because of its diagnostic, code reading/clearing capability. Trouble codes can emerge under high fuel demand and turn on the check engine light. With the Edge, you can't clear it, with the predator you can. Going up and down with the power settings all the time isn't a good idea either. They both have their pros and cons. If you had an LB7 I would say Edge, with an LLY, I say predator, but you what opinions are like.......BRSTQUEST, I have a Predator if you want to swing by and give it a try.

sigepmock
06-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Agreed. I like the predator on LLY's because of its diagnostic, code reading/clearing capability. Trouble codes can emerge under high fuel demand and turn on the check engine light. With the Edge, you can't clear it, with the predator you can. Going up and down with the power settings all the time isn't a good idea either. They both have their pros and cons. If you had an LB7 I would say Edge, with an LLY, I say predator, but you what opinions are like.......BRSTQUEST, I have a Predator if you want to swing by and give it a try.
Clyde,
Everybody loves the guages and mount. Thanks again. The truck is running like a champ, set on 65HP tune with the 35's I'm seeing 17-18 mph not towing!!!! Can't wait to see what it does with the boat behind it. Damn this DMax kicks a$$. Thanks again for all your help.
Chris

dieseldog
06-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Chris, is that mileage hand calculated? The programmers sometimes throw the DIC of a tad. Glad you like the gauges, I've got more goodies too! The trans cooler I carry is good for a 20-30degree drop in trans temp.

sigepmock
06-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Yeah hand calc'ing the milage, my comp says 13.7mpg right now but it has been steadily climbing from the 6mpg it said when I first got the truck.
I know you have more goodies but let me finish this first round of mods first :rollside: The wife is already wanting to kill me.
Chris