PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento delta

DM25CITATION
06-15-2005, 03:36 PM
thinking about go to the delta, never been there. has anybody been there? where is a great place to stay and i heard there bars on the river? (like parker).

UnionJack
06-15-2005, 03:38 PM
My family and I go once a year for a week, we stay on a house boat.... it's great. The main bar is "Lost Isle", but I did a poker run last year and went to alot more. The water is flat all the time so if your into water sports it's the place to be.

CenCal
06-15-2005, 03:51 PM
I have half share in a 27 ft. Bayliner in Stockton at Village West Marina. The Garlic Brothers is a good place to eat there and has a goog bar. There are alot of places to go and party. The Delta's stretch a long way. You can go from Sacremento to San Fran if you want. Great place to party but the water is not as clear as say Mohave or the river. Been going up there for the past ten years. OH and the Lost Isle is is place to visit :rollside:

NorCalCat
06-15-2005, 03:56 PM
The Delta has over 1600 miles of water ways. There are tons of bars, just depends on the area you are looking at. Post on West, and you will get more responces. I know Boatmaster, R52, Dimarco21, Baot211, DCBob, DeltRat, MOBrian, and many others that frequent the Delta.

full throttle
06-15-2005, 06:40 PM
I have wanted to check-out the delta for a long time. It would be cool w/ a large group.

acatitude
06-15-2005, 06:46 PM
I have wanted to check-out the delta for a long time. It would be cool w/ a large group.
Like nor cal said there are lots of us who play in the delta,so when you get some dates together, get back and I'm sure you"ll find a few who will come boat with you and show ya around the hot spots,just have that cooler full :D :D :D

slingingsmoke
06-15-2005, 06:54 PM
there's plenty of glass to go wakeboarding or test top MPH. also some resaurants that you can dock up to. I've only been once, I'll definitely go again soon.

spectratoad
06-15-2005, 07:55 PM
August 19 - 21 we will be there with the Laid Back Boaters Assoc. at Tower Park. So far there are about 41 campsites that we have filled. :D
Here is a link:
LBBA (http://www.laidbackboaters.com/)

acatitude
06-15-2005, 07:57 PM
well you are awake spectratoad, hows that ride running??? see you saturday morning if all goes well

spectratoad
06-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Well I had to replace the reverse cable from Memorial day it runs runs great as usual. Have to fiberglass a seat back in place tomorrow. We will have breakfast ready Saturday. :coffeycup

deltarat
06-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Like nor cal said there are lots of us who play in the delta,so when you get some dates together, get back and I'm sure you"ll find a few who will come boat with you and show ya around the hot spots,just have that cooler full :D :D :D
Sound like a good time for a lunch run. When you get your date together let us know and with enough notice we could have a nice size lunch run put together.

diggler
06-16-2005, 06:47 AM
Sound like a good time for a lunch run. When you get your date together let us know and with enough notice we could have a nice size lunch run put together.
LUNCH RUN, LUNCH RUN, LUNCH RUN, LUNCH RUN!!!!!!! :)

Steamin' Rice
06-16-2005, 08:15 AM
I've been to the delta a couple of time and had a blast. There are lots of places on the water to stop for a drink, food, etc. I'm planning to go to the big cat poker run Aug 12-14. http://www.bigcatpokerrun.com for info

I Feel the Need...
06-16-2005, 08:22 AM
The bar at Tower Park was the place a couple of years ago. We stayed there for about 10 years straight but there seems to be a bunch of rif/raf living in the trailer park next door. Stuff was always missng in the morning... Just a warning.

Dave C
06-16-2005, 08:27 AM
ya, whens the next lunch run? It ain't too busy at work right now. Let us know.....
BTW the Delta smells and the water is nasty but after a few at lost isle, who f-ing cares ;) ;) :devil:

jackpunx
06-16-2005, 08:33 AM
The Delta is bad ass.. but dont go with out a GPS.. and or someone that knows the area.. :D

Familycat
06-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Great place. We go there 3-8 times per year. Stinky water, but plenty of it. Lots of performance boats, bars, restaurants, marinas, etc. Lost isle if fun but not kid friendly, over 21 only. They check ID at the dock. Order the Mai Tai's with a floater. Tasty but dangerous. The best place in the world to fine milionairs and toothles wonders in the same place. Somewhat easy to get lost. GPS recomended. Let us know when you are going, maybe we can hoook up. We usually launch from Discovery Bay or Orwood. They are closest to home. Rick

markc
06-16-2005, 11:56 AM
We always liked Bethyl Island, great campsite very clean, they will even launch your boat for you if you dont have a slip, Also Whimpies(sp) thats a great place as well, water is like glass all day until occasionally the old codgers in there 50' berchum's buzz you at about 20.....

ELIMINAT THIS
06-16-2005, 12:23 PM
The best camping site on the delta www.snugharbor.net nice place.BUY A MAP. 1600 miles of water ways=1600 ways to get lost. ;)

ELIMINAT THIS
06-16-2005, 12:27 PM
ya, whens the next lunch run? It ain't too busy at work right now. Let us know.....
BTW the Delta smells and the water is nasty but after a few at lost isle, who f-ing cares ;) ;) :devil:
Dude I came over the san mateo bridge last week low tide,I thought my dog farted in the back seat.But I left him at home. :hammer2:

DCBob
06-16-2005, 12:52 PM
thinking about go to the delta, never been there. has anybody been there? where is a great place to stay and i heard there bars on the river? (like parker).
Great place to visit :cool: Like NorCalCat says plenty of syco's to show you around. Bring a map :wink: It can get drunk out there :messedup:

DCBob
06-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey DM, I just had a thought. Go to Hot Spots West under Shasta Pics, look for Nice Pair's post/link to Webshots...Choose Delta lunch run 4/2... Choose slideshow/2 secs & you can see a Delta lunch run and some of the stops & sycos that go along :D Good Luck :rollside:

deltarat
06-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey DM, I just had a thought. Go to Hot Spots West under Shasta Pics, look for Nice Pair's post/link to Webshots...Choose Delta lunch run 4/2... Choose slideshow/2 secs & you can see a Delta lunch run and some of the stops & sycos that go along :D Good Luck :rollside:
What are you trying to say? I am pretty sure I saw your boat in some of those pics.

diggler
06-16-2005, 05:35 PM
All I know is that it's about time for a lunch run! toga toga toga!!

Double Quick
06-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Great place to visit :cool: Like NorCalCat says plenty of syco's to show you around. Bring a map :wink: It can get drunk out there :messedup:
:idea: Hmmmm........Would that be psycos :confused: