PDA

View Full Version : My Magic Adventure.....

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 02:30 PM
the amazing tale.......
In a place far far away, TN, I decided, after much research, to buy a 28 Magic Deckboat. I negotiated with the salesman for several weeks with my trade-in and such, but finally came to an agreement. I was all set to drive it out and get things started......so it begins.....
I get into AZ after driving 30 hours across this wonderful country of ours and walk into the salesroom. I introduced myself to my salesman, that knew I was coming, and he told me he was too busy right then to help me but to come back tomorrrow. I must have had the deer in the headlights look....but I accepted it and checked into the hotel and waited. The next morning I met him, we went over the deal.....it was very easy. I was basically copying another boat they had there but adding effects to all the colors...ie...orange peal to the grey, metal flake to others..... It was all set. I turned in my Ultra :(, drove to San Diego for Carne Asada :D and then flew home.
I get a e-mail a few weeks later, open it up to see the great pictures. IT WAS THE FREEKIN WRONG COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where I said orange peal EFFECTS he sprayed it orange. I got on the phone asap...... he appologized and said he would get another one going for me immediately. We were waiting on the motor anyways so no biggie.....
So a few more weeks go by and I call to see how things are going. He answers the phone all sad and such. I immediately ask whats up......I figure my boats all effed up but it was just him going into rehab....imagine that. He said my boat turned out perfectly and sent me pictures....as far as I could tell it was perfect. I could not see the details but it was the right color.
The boat was finished on time so i scheduled our flights out to San Diego to get my truck and vacation some.....
I arrive into Havasu and the boat is in the showroom all purdy....but NO EFFECTS..........ZERO!!!!! Just a real good graphic job. I was miffed to say the least. Ron was the one showing it to me...I had no idea it was even him. He just walked away when I said something. Never introduced himself....no thank you...no NOTHING.
After fueling it, myself (I guess when I only spent $130K you dont get gas) my salesman met me and my friend at the dock. We went out but had to come back to re-prop it. I dropped my friend off and was floating when I noticed the bimini was off one side and in the other...I looked closer and saw MAJOR gouges in my gel...through the gel actually into the fiberglass....I lost it.... It was the smoothest f-bomb 5 minute rant ever....while unclasping the bimini to throw it in the lake. I was all set to throw it in when my buddy came around the corner with the trailer. So it will live to see another day...along with my salesman.....(this was Sat)
Monday I was told to come in for ALL the repairs....all the doors needed to be adjusted, the tab ram was leaking, the obvious bimini repairs, plus others....it took 7 hours to do them. I finally got outta Havasu at 3pm. Before leaving I went to Discount tire for air and to check both trailer and truck for safety.
No one still ever said a word like thanks...nothing... it was truely amazing.
SO...(and here you thought it was over....its just about to get interesting) 5 hours out into Winslow AZ....the middle of fricken no where..a tire passes me on the freeway...ok...just a little heads up, when this happens its usually not good. I watch it in like sureal slow motion....hoping that as it heads towards oncoming traffic it stops. thank God it did. So I pulled over, walked the 1/4 mile in the center sagebrush...feeling like a schmuck....walking back, with the tire...bigger schmuck.... then limped it a half mile to the nearest offramp. A service station guy was kind enough, for $50, to drive up two exits to Napa and get me new studs and nuts. All were broken and lost. While he was gone I was struck with a thought...call Magic and tell them to bring an axel, wheel/tire ASAP. They got someone loaded and off he went. At 11pm he showed up...midnight we were done. He did all the work...from the race out all new. I was totally impressed with the service of Magic. They stepped up and went above and beyond the call. Props to them!!!!!!!!
I left 15 hours later stopped for 3 hours....15 hours later I was home...just in time to unwrap the boat and jump into my wifes car to drive 40 minutes each way to the airport to pick the family up.
This is the best paart.....as we came around the corner they saw the boat...THEY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! They knew I was buying a boat but had no idea what it was or what it looked like. Makes all my kah-rap I went through worth it. We are all scheduled for our madien voyage Sat...I will post some pics after that. Its in my garage now....pictures would not do it justice.
BTW: It ran 78GPS with 5 guys and 100 gallons of fuel with a 100 plus degree day. Ran great too!!!!!!!!!

WYRD
06-16-2005, 02:40 PM
I can't tell from your post if you're happy or sad.
That is what I was thinking :confused:

LAFD
06-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Wow Sounds Like You Went Threw A Ton Of Crap That You Shoudlnt Of For The Amount Of Coin You Were Throwin Down. Glad Everything Worked Out For Ya. Look Forward To The Pics.

HocusPocus
06-16-2005, 02:48 PM
if i had a saleman that i had made a deal with on the phone and scheduled an appointment.. then when i show up, was told to come back the next day.. i would have went to a different boat mfg. sounds like more trouble then i would have put up with. at least i hope you and your family are happy with the boat.

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 02:48 PM
so your happy but pissed?My experience was opposite,sales was great ,serv was so so,hopefully service is doing better,sounds like it.No real service complaints,I just think they are overworked and need more employees,Im sure Clu would agree.Why did the wheel fall off?Loose lug nuts????I didnt gas either if that makes you feel any better.I was kinda thinking about that while filling the tanks at around 250$,after writing a check for 95ish...At least you made it home before we get wiped out by the big EARTHQUAKE,its coming,gotta be.Did your sales guy drop the ball you think?Also,Ron did our walk through,I had no idea who he was.

Phat Daddy
06-16-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm confused :confused: , no effects, good service or what :confused:

Essex29
I can't tell from your post if you're happy or sad.
I had the same feeling

NashvilleBound
I am happy with it. Pissed about the graphics. Being 2000 miles away was tough...shouldnt have been, but was. As well..... the first day I went there....if i would have walked out they would never have called or asked why....i hope they are just in the middle of a transition....if they keep it up they will have quite the reputation. Did I mention pissed about the graphics? ...and I think the saleman never wants to see me again after my rant...... I think, with good cause, he was fearing for his safety.

redi4fun
NB,
Was that you on Sunday at the little convience store on Industrial lugging a couple a big bags of ice? We we headed out and I thought it might be you.
I glad you got that rig back home in one piece, but I would not be happy with Magic at all. Did you at least get something back because the effects on the graphics were wrong?

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 02:54 PM
it looks good from the avatar picture,did the sales guy name start with C?or was it the new guy?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-16-2005, 02:54 PM
I love your boat. I sat in one for nearly an hour at the Pomona Boat Show. Glad to hear all the headache was worth it. Have fun on Saturday.

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Ya we were at the store getting ice....sent in the grunt to get it..... As far as the graphics are conserned.... all they mentioned....in passing...is they would do another one for me... like i am going to fly the family around the country...drive out....wait 6 more weeks.....NEVER.

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 03:05 PM
it looks good from the avatar picture,did the sales guy name start with C?or was it the new guy?
Yes...know him? But he was the second salesman.....caught in the middle...so to speak.

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 03:05 PM
i got time,plus Im need a change of scenery,,ha

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
the C guy,he is a good guy,not saying the ass chewing wasnt deserved,he was kinda in the middle,,dont know the new guy

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
i got time,plus Im need a change of scenery,,ha
Come on out....waters fine.... once in TN water you will never want anything else.

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 03:08 PM
thats what scares me

jdogginla
06-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Bro.........If I was spending that kind of money, and dealt with a sales guy that new I was flying into town to finalize the deal and he told me he was too busy come back tomorrow.......????WTF? You have more patience than alot of others, myself included. The boat didn't have the graphics you requested?? Didn't they do a drawing of the graphics/peels etc? They got it wrong? WTF!@$ IF you took the boat with incorrect graphics, even if it was acceptable, but not what u wanted, I would of demanded a discounted price other than what was negotiated.
But in the end you sound happy.........so happy boating in your new rig ;)

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 03:11 PM
thats what scares me
LOL....I'll post plenty of pics from this weekend.....we'll be on the water 4 days a week all over the country for the rest of the summer....cant wait....

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Bro.........If I was spending that kind of money, and dealt with a sales guy that new I was flying into town to finalize the deal and he told me he was too busy come back tomorrow.......????WTF? You have more patience than alot of others, myself included. The boat didn't have the graphics you requested?? Didn't they do a drawing of the graphics/peels etc? They got it wrong? WTF!@$ IF you took the boat with incorrect graphics, even if it was acceptable, but not what u wanted, I would of demanded a discounted price other than what was negotiated.
But in the end you sound happy.........so happy boating in your new rig ;)
I was pissed but kinda stuck at first. The graphic problem was just the effects....the colors were good. i have very little patience...just ask Casey the salesman....i really think i scared him when i went off. He even asked my friend, when i wasnt around, that I was a little edgy..... If you knew what i looked like you would know what i was talking about. They are selling these faster than they can make them. Puts me in a difficult negotiation spot. i tried...trust me. I just cant wait for another hull....SUMMERS HERE!! And we are going to enjoy the hell out of it!

Lucky Bastard
06-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Buddy I feel for you. I bought mine in March and I think all of those guys need to go to rehab. You buy a boat for a 100K and get treated like a jackass. They make a nice boat but their attention to detail and customer service could use some serious help. Ron seems like a decent guy but needs to pull his head out of his ass and hire some qualified people. Lord knows he is making a shitload of money right now, Havasu is flooded with Magic boats. They waste twice the money fixing their mistakes when they could spend it on better employees. I would tell you about my episodes with them but I could go on for days. It is truly amazing that they sell any boats at all with such shitty service. Maybe thatÂ’s why they call it Magic? Go figure.
The bottom line for me is that my family loves the boat and it kicks butt in the choppy water. Enjoy!

OutCole'd
06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Holly shiat.... I would be raging. That boat should have had a few hours water testing on it know it is going 2k miles. What a bunch of B.S.
You are right, they are building & selling so many boats, they lack in a few other areas, like details & personal service.

dicudmore
06-16-2005, 03:44 PM
so did you get it on the water last weekend for more than a demo ride?
I passed what looked like a brand-new 28' Magic deck (no #'s on it) in the channel friday (full of people, had tube etc on it) that looked like the one in your pic...
was also hanging out in the channel with OutCole'd when it went by again and we were trying to decide if it was you guys or not...
after all that it took to get it, I hope you have a great first season with it :D

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Holly shiat.... I would be raging. That boat should have had a few hours water testing on it know it is going 2k miles. What a bunch of B.S.
You are right, they are building & selling so many boats, they lack in a few other areas, like details & personal service.
So I was told they sell an average of 12 boats a week this time of year.... $20k profit on the generic 496 jobs.....damn....I could ALMOST live on that;) It will catch up to them i am sure. I like it...will most likey buy something else next year and keep this for day trips....wife wants one of those 40' cruisers that we just keep in the water all year.

cxr133
06-16-2005, 03:48 PM
HEy NB....
Looks like you might need a summer employee!!!
to take care of the odds and end things

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 03:49 PM
so did you get it on the water last weekend for more than a demo ride?
I passed what looked like a brand-new 28' Magic deck (no #'s on it) in the channel friday (full of people, had tube etc on it) that looked like the one in your pic...
was also hanging out in the channel with OutCole'd when it went by again and we were trying to decide if it was you guys or not...
after all that it took to get it, I hope you have a great first season with it :D
There was one ther that looked almost identical. We didnt have a tube or anything...just 4 big guys and two chicks.....I think we put about 7-8 hours on it Sat and Sunday.....it handled the water great. The guy that was with me wants to buy the new 30 footer..... He's got the money but he also knows my story. He's going to wait and see if anyone calls or anything. He's like me...will spend double if he knows he just doesnt want to do biz with that one person.....just for the point of it.

dicudmore
06-16-2005, 03:53 PM
There was one ther that looked almost identical. We didnt have a tube or anything...just 4 big guys and two chicks.....I think we put about 7-8 hours on it Sat and Sunday.....it handled the water great. The guy that was with me wants to buy the new 30 footer..... He's got the money but he also knows my story. He's going to wait and see if anyone calls or anything. He's like me...will spend double if he knows he just doesnt want to do biz with that one person.....just for the point of it.
well I hope it works out well from here on...
I'm sure you'd have noticed if you rolled right past us :cool:
I couldn't agree more with that last part

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 03:55 PM
well I hope it works out well from here on...
I'm sure you'd have noticed if you rolled right past us :cool:
I couldn't agree more with that last part
I did notice a few stars and stripe boat but for some reason I thought it was a Lavey i was looking for not the Cheetah...sorry. I think I did see you. bummer..... my head was spinning for sure.....

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 04:14 PM
my experience with magic has been good,Id buy another one.But I have seen and heard about them growing alot in the last year,if they dont keep up with customer demands and customers wanting great treatment,which at 100k they deserve,they will implode.
businesses all over the country grow faster than they can handle,a good number of them dont last long.Lets hope thats not the case with them,the people we worked with were great,that was 8 months ago,maybe its changed......Nashville does need a captain for all his boats,I have a skipper hat

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 04:19 PM
my experience with magic has been good,Id buy another one.But I have seen and heard about them growing alot in the last year,if they dont keep up with customer demands and customers wanting great treatment,which at 100k they deserve,they will implode.
businesses all over the country grow faster than they can handle,a good number of them dont last long.Lets hope thats not the case with them,the people we worked with were great,that was 8 months ago,maybe its changed......Nashville does need a captain for all his boats,I have a skipper hat
I called on a few sleds and they are a year out.....I'll take applications when it gets closer... :mix: :mix: :supp:

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 04:26 PM
snow mobiles?

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 04:29 PM
snow mobiles?
Sleds=BOATS..... lol....

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 04:35 PM
damn,,I thought we were gonna go snow mobile riding this winter,just a perk for being a captain and all.

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 04:42 PM
damn,,I thought we were gonna go snow mobile riding this winter,just a perk for being a captain and all.
LOL....your killing me.... We dont get enough snow to go snow mobile riding. We only got about 1" last year....for the whole season....

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 04:44 PM
we can drive a few hours,hell I drive 5 hours to use my boat!,,how stupid is that

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
we can drive a few hours,hell I drive 5 hours to use my boat!,,how stupid is that
In my honest opinon......lame. Let me give you a heads up..... 40 minutes from my house to the nicest lakes in the nation....in every direction. Now let me give you a visual....I get wood thinking about it. LMAO..help????????? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 04:56 PM
we were at lake lanier,not real far from you,I was in awe,most beautiful lake Ive ever seen,looked at homes for 3 days with our own boat dock.We were just about to move and my wife scored a real great job,so we put it on hold.500k buys a nice lake front home,500k here gets you a condo.I went to Ruby Falls while I was there,nice place,had to drive through a rough hood getting there,not alotta teeth around that area

JB in so cal
06-16-2005, 05:07 PM
we were at lake lanier,not real far from you,I was in awe,most beautiful lake Ive ever seen,looked at homes for 3 days with our own boat dock.We were just about to move and my wife scored a real great job,so we put it on hold.500k buys a nice lake front home,500k here gets you a condo.I went to Ruby Falls while I was there,nice place,had to drive through a rough hood getting there,not alotta teeth around that area
Jeesh. Guys. Separate. You're starting to worry me.

riverroyal
06-16-2005, 05:20 PM
see ya,,,JB drive safe tommorrow,your getting old you know

JB in so cal
06-16-2005, 05:24 PM
see ya,,,JB drive safe tommorrow,your getting old you know
I swear, Royal. I take a few hours away from the 'puter, and you go all post-crazy on me. Your fingers hurt?
I'm staying home this weekend and post my effin as* off :mad: :mad:

Kilrtoy
06-16-2005, 05:46 PM
That is UNF%$#IN BELEIVEABLE...
I would have throw a piston when they told me to come back....
Everything you just posted makes me even happier I never bought a magic.
I hope all is well from here on out and the boat brings you many,many, many years of pleasure.....
As far as MAGIC, WHAT A BUNCH OF FOCKERS......
Make you buy the first tank of gas......
paint is screwed twice......
You should have bout another ULTRA, you know JW stands behind his stuff....

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 05:55 PM
That is UNF%$#IN BELEIVEABLE...
I would have throw a piston when they told me to come back....
Everything you just posted makes me even happier I never bought a magic.
I hope all is well from here on out and the boat brings you many,many, many years of pleasure.....
As far as MAGIC, WHAT A BUNCH OF FOCKERS......
Make you buy the first tank of gas......
paint is screwed twice......
You should have bout another ULTRA, you know JW stands behind his stuff....
I would have bought a deck from John in a second.....half a second. He just doesnt have a deck top for the 27 yet.....I'm sure something will come out. I needed a boat this year. If its a few years out its a total possibility!!! I would have no problem calling John, letting him sketch something out...and giving him the green light.....all over the phone. And I would never loose a minutes sleep knowing it would be kickass when its done. Cest La Vie.....

Wonderboy
06-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Magic made my decision not to buy one easy. I went to the show room in Fontana (or wherever that is) and mentioned to the salesman that they were a little more expensive than I thought. The salesman straight out told me that they are overpriced for the boat you get. :2purples: I never looked back.

JB in so cal
06-16-2005, 06:00 PM
I would have bought a deck from John in a second.....half a second. He just doesnt have a deck top for the 27 yet.....I'm sure something will come out. I needed a boat this year. If its a few years out its a total possibility!!! I would have no problem calling John, letting him sketch something out...and giving him the green light.....all over the phone. And I would never loose a minutes sleep knowing it would be kickass when its done. Cest La Vie.....
So. If I'm reading this right (in my slightly drunken state) you're happy with the boat 'cause your family is stoked. Magic dropped the entire Ball. But the service dept. saved their bacon to a slight degree???
Man. Vodka rocks!!! :rollside:

OutCole'd
06-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Honestly, this is the toughest part of buying from Magic. It seems like it is hit or miss on how it will go.
My purchase went GREAT. I love my boat & have received awesome service. If I had it all over to do again, I would buy another Magic in a second. There are lots of people who have had the same experience as I had.
Unfortunately, there are also a few people who have gotten shitty service from them. I do believe they are growing way too fast for their own good. They need to get back to basics.
NB's boat should have been dialed in BEFORE he got there. Lake tested, proped right, bimini handled, colors correct, etc.
No acceptable reason for the treatment he received.

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 06:09 PM
So. If I'm reading this right (in my slightly drunken state) you're happy with the boat 'cause your family is stoked. Magic dropped the entire Ball. But the service dept. saved their bacon to a slight degree???
Man. Vodka rocks!!! :rollside:
Uhhhhh....as long as its the Gooose....... I would not deal with Magic again... they make a 'good' boat...thats it. I am happy with the deal I got so I'm good with it. A 'decent' boat for a 'decent' price....its certainly no Ultra. In hind sight its ALL Johns fault for not building a deck boat..... (I hope he reads this...lol....)

OutCole'd
06-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Also, NB, I heard Darrin is no longer at Magic, any details on this?

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Also, NB, I heard Darrin is no longer at Magic, any details on this?
See story @ word re-hab...insert Darrin

mickeyfinn
06-16-2005, 06:12 PM
I live 5 minutes from Lanier. Great lake for boating as long as you are either on the North end or only boating during the week. My parents have a house on the North end and you can find glass to ski or tube or just run flat out on even on the busiest weekends. Lanier is the most populated manmade lake in the country the last I heard. Great water, Clean lake and launch facilities everywhere. 3 bucks to put the boat in or 30 bucks for a year long permit.

Buster
06-16-2005, 06:16 PM
This is very unfortunate NB. I knew how excited you must have been heading there to pickup your sled. When I got mine after looking at everything Magic over delivered. Finished before they told me (This was last summer when they were not as busy) and the boat was perfect. There seems to be a problem with the door molds because mine have been replaced and adjusted twice. As for the service, this is where they shine. Casey is always there for me when I have a question or need some help and Clu and the service center have never let me down. Chalk it up as a bad day (hell I have had plenty of them) and go out this weekend and forget about it.
Enjoy your ride.....

Kilrtoy
06-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Im sorry Customer service shines by
DOING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME PRIOR TO DELIVERY......

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 06:21 PM
This is very unfortunate NB. I knew how excited you must have been heading there to pickup your sled. When I got mine after looking at everything Magic over delivered. Finished before they told me (This was last summer when they were not as busy) and the boat was perfect. There seems to be a problem with the door molds because mine have been replaced and adjusted twice. As for the service, this is where they shine. Casey is always there for me when I have a question or need some help and Clu and the service center have never let me down. Chalk it up as a bad day (hell I have had plenty of them) and go out this weekend and forget about it.
Enjoy your ride.....
Oh, I'll enjoy the hell outta it! I will certainly not dwell on it. Just love good drama on these boards.....imagine that eh??? i figure if somethings wrong they can ship it to me. Went out with Clu in the Ultra....he seems like a very stand up guy! I wish I remembered the name of the service guy that drove the 5 hours out into the desert with my parts....nice guy too!! I just ordered all new bumpers and stretchy ropes for docking and such. The rest goes into place tomorrow.....

Not So Fast
06-16-2005, 06:32 PM
WOW, what an experience! Does it amaze you that Magic sells as many boats as they do, it does me. Do I like my deck, very much so! Could they build a better boat, HELL yes, and it would only take attention to detail and a little more care in construction. Salesmen that are to busy to talk to you, went thru it myself and can't believe I did :confused: Does their delivery of a $100 K boat lack a little something, HELL yes :cry: Does the sales office look like a Ferrari or Porsche dealership ( after all you could buy one for that I think) HELL no! Is the Magic one of the best looking deckboats on the water, obviously YES! Will things change, why, they are selling everything they make and then some. Ron has been very fair with me as has Clu and the gang but a lot of it would have never had to be done if only a little more care was given to the boats. As I said I love my boat and the whole concept of what it accomplishes but the experience could be a lot better. I've had so many sleepless nights I cant count them! Is it better with other boat builders,??? I've read some real horror stories here. In the end I'm very happy with the my boat and do not want to burn any bridges, maybe it is a case of them growing just too damn fast. NSF

NashvilleBound
06-16-2005, 07:00 PM
WOW, what an experience! Does it amaze you that Magic sells as many boats as they do, it does me. Do I like my deck, very much so! Could they build a better boat, HELL yes, and it would only take attention to detail and a little more care in construction. Salesmen that are to busy to talk to you, went thru it myself and can't believe I did :confused: Does their delivery of a $100 K boat lack a little something, HELL yes :cry: Does the sales office look like a Ferrari or Porsche dealership ( after all you could buy one for that I think) HELL no! Is the Magic one of the best looking deckboats on the water, obviously YES! Will things change, why, they are selling everything they make and then some. Ron has been very fair with me as has Clu and the gang but a lot of it would have never had to be done if only a little more care was given to the boats. As I said I love my boat and the whole concept of what it accomplishes but the experience could be a lot better. I've had so many sleepless nights I cant count them! Is it better with other boat builders,??? I've read some real horror stories here. In the end I'm very happy with the my boat and do not want to burn any bridges, maybe it is a case of them growing just too damn fast. NSF
Giving them the benefit of doubt....exactly.

tgun
06-16-2005, 11:34 PM
I could go on for days about my Magic purchase. I guess that is why I sold it. I was so pissed that I advertised them as TRAGIC Boats for a while. Got to give them credit, there selling a lot of boats. Good luck!!

RiverOtter
06-17-2005, 05:27 AM
Hey Nashville, can't wait to see and more importantly ride in it :D . PIcked up my new deck at Kentucky Lake yesterday. Absolutly a beautiful lake! 100 miles long, 1,200 miles of shoreline and over 100 feet deep. Also passed over Dale Hollow lake too. Absolutly beautiful. We gotta do them. Both lake have cabin and houseboat rentals. No drama with my deal :D

Havasu Luvr
06-17-2005, 05:50 AM
NB, thats cool that you feel customer service was great. New boat/trailer, less then 200 miles on the trailer, wheel snaps off and you consider it "GREAT" customer service and props to Magic? :idea:

phebus
06-17-2005, 05:55 AM
After your buying experience, I'm sure I would be on blood pressure medicine.

ptboat
06-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Nashville,
No pictures yet ? Do you want us to check in to a hotel til tomorrow ? :p

rvrhlic
06-17-2005, 08:28 AM
What engine did you get in it?? I have had a good experience overall with Magic. But from what I am reading, it is hit or miss.

jbtrailerjim
06-17-2005, 08:45 AM
NB,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Magic. I see a ton of Magic's on Havasu. I think they build some great looking boats. But it sure sounds like its hit or miss with them. After reading your experience, I don't think I would ever buy a boat from them. It's too bad John West does not have his 27 deck ready yet. Hearing stories like yours makes me really appreciate my Ultra. My Ultra purchase was so easy and painless. I never once had an uneasy feeling during the whole build process of my boat. Well enjoy the new ride. Now hurry up and post some pictures of it.

RiverOtter
06-17-2005, 09:24 AM
Nashville,
:idea: I think he's probably out on it right now :D

dicudmore
06-17-2005, 09:25 AM
:idea: I think he's probably out on it right now :D
as it should be :cool:

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey Nashville, can't wait to see and more importantly ride in it :D . PIcked up my new deck at Kentucky Lake yesterday. Absolutly a beautiful lake! 100 miles long, 1,200 miles of shoreline and over 100 feet deep. Also passed over Dale Hollow lake too. Absolutly beautiful. We gotta do them. Both lake have cabin and houseboat rentals. No drama with my deal :D
Hey RO...were planning to come your way next weekend if thats cool. Let me know whats good......glad your deal was no drama....but wheres the fun in that????? :D :D :D

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 09:49 AM
NB, thats cool that you feel customer service was great. New boat/trailer, less then 200 miles on the trailer, wheel snaps off and you consider it "GREAT" customer service and props to Magic? :idea:
Hey...I was just glad SOMEONE FINALLY stepped up.....

Beer-30
What engine did you get in it?? I have had a good experience overall with Magic. But from what I am reading, it is hit or miss.
He got the Ilmor V-10. I believe it's the first one in a Magic 28.

NashvilleBound
Nashville,
HAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAH....wait....thats NOT funny :notam: :notam: :notam: :notam: :notam: :notam: :notam:

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 09:52 AM
NB,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Magic. I see a ton of Magic's on Havasu. I think they build some great looking boats. But it sure sounds like its hit or miss with them. After reading your experience, I don't think I would ever buy a boat from them. It's too bad John West does not have his 27 deck ready yet. Hearing stories like yours makes me really appreciate my Ultra. My Ultra purchase was so easy and painless. I never once had an uneasy feeling during the whole build process of my boat. Well enjoy the new ride. Now hurry up and post some pictures of it.
Hey Jim, I wrote to John last night and told him it was all his fault cuz he doesnt have a deck out yet. If one comes out in the next few years you better believe i'll be one the list before it comes available. Pictures hopefully Sunday or Monday......
Jeff

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 09:53 AM
He got the Ilmor V-10. I believe it's the first one in a Magic 28.
It has the Ilmor 625 and the TCM Platinum Drive with the polished lower.
Its really a great looking setup. I get some pics of that as well this weekend. Out in the sun will be much nicer shots.....

mbrown2
06-17-2005, 10:03 AM
NB congrats on your boat...she is a beauty... :) and the Illmore combo is sick.
Too bad to hear about your experience with Magic....great they fixed a trailer for you that should not have come apart.
You dropped 130K and no thanx, gas or pat of the back...
Kool-Aid aside, your experience and others like them is the reason I will probably never buy a Magic (although I like their deck boat's look the best)...

RiverOtter
06-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey RO...were planning to come your way next weekend if thats cool. Let me know whats good......glad your deal was no drama....but wheres the fun in that????? :D :D :D
Next weekend is OP6 so we'll be in Havasu
J/K :D
Sunday would be best because we're having some cubscouts up to our lake property for a campout Friday night. You are welcome to come either or both days. I wouldn't be much of a tour guide on Saturday but Sunday I could show you everything. I'll call you to discuss. :cool:

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Next weekend is OP6 so we'll be in Havasu
Sunday would be best because we're having some cubscouts up to our lake property for a campout Friday night. You are welcome to come either or both days. I wouldn't be much of a tour guide on Saturday but Sunday I could show you everything. I'll call you to discuss. :cool:
LOL....I was like..."WTF??"..... :rollside: Sunday is good with me.... just call to set things up....

Beer-30
06-17-2005, 11:27 AM
What Nashville? You not pullin it back out here for the Regatta? What's 2K miles when you can get a heli shot of your boat at speed? Actually, Magic should pay you to bring it out as advertisement with the V-10 and all.

RACRJEFF
06-17-2005, 12:01 PM
To bad the Howard wasn't done yet. i gurantee it would have been done right he 1st time. And customer service dont even need to go there, Howard is 2nd to none from my experience

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 12:14 PM
What Nashville? You not pullin it back out here for the Regatta? What's 2K miles when you can get a heli shot of your boat at speed? Actually, Magic should pay you to bring it out as advertisement with the V-10 and all.
Uh, let me think about it..no. ;) I told Magic I wanted no publicity with the ride and if they did anything it was to have no mention of my name or area.... all upfront. I would imagine the next one will get some publicity.... besides...they dont care about me...well, just a little...getting me outta Havasu was the goal:)

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 12:15 PM
To bad the Howard wasn't done yet. i gurantee it would have been done right he 1st time. And customer service dont even need to go there, Howard is 2nd to none from my experience
But the style is bland....at best. I am sure its a very well built boat tho....

RiverDave
06-17-2005, 01:07 PM
How did the LED's turn out?
RD

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 02:30 PM
How did the LED's turn out?
RD
Oh, whooops.... A BIG THANK YOU to River Dave for his killer deal on LED lights..... it was good seeing you again too.

RiverDave
06-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Oh, whooops.... A BIG THANK YOU to River Dave for his killer deal on LED lights..... it was good seeing you again too.
I don't know that all that is necesarry.. Just wanted to see what they looked like installed. :)
RD

djunkie
06-17-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't know that all that is necesarry.. Just wanted to see what they looked like installed. :)
RD
You know you liked it. :D

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 03:53 PM
LOL...you know he loves it.... I will make sure the lights from the rear get taken when I snap some pics this weekend.....

TCHB
06-17-2005, 04:05 PM
I bought a new Bennington Tri Toon this year which was two weeks late because of the Honda 225 Outboards were out of stock. When the boat did come in Bennington put a box on board with ropes, ss bar ba que, dc tv, dc blender, 6 bouys, shirts, hats, pull toys and ski ropes. I had to go over a complete check list on the boat to make sure I was happy with it before I took ownership. I ordered a double helm seat and did not like it and they said ok, I will deduct the option price of $400 and place what ever seat you want for no additional cost. After I had the boat for 2 months Benningto called me to ask if I was happy with service and sorry for two week delay on the delivery. The sent me two more shirts and hats. The customer service has been better than I ever expected!
It sounds like Magic needs nelp with customer service.

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Thats another thing.....No shirts...no hats...no stickers.... WTF??????

Froggystyle
06-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Dang... you didn't even get a boat from me and you walked out with the works.
That is lame...

NashvilleBound
06-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Dang... you didn't even get a boat from me and you walked out with the works.
That is lame...
When i saw you posted I thought ...ohhhh shyat.....lol....lame is not even close.. As long as tomorrow goes good with the maiden TN voyage I'll be happy.

Froggystyle
06-17-2005, 06:47 PM
When i saw you posted I thought ...ohhhh shyat.....lol....lame is not even close.. As long as tomorrow goes good with the maiden TN voyage I'll be happy.
I am just glad you are stoked and will be on the water this year. If I bust ass tonight I may be on the water next week.
Installing the motor for the 200th time today. It sucks being nitpicky. Weighed the boat with everything in it so far though. With engine, drive, turbos, most of the interior, helm, gauges, fuel tank etc... we are at 3,380#. We have a couple hundred more pounds of stereo and stereo batteries to go, but we are getting there. Under 3800 ready to go.
I don't think that TN can hang with the Revolution just yet anyway. ;) We will let them get used to the Magic for a while to lube up the area a little....

OutCole'd
06-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Are you kidding?? They loaded me up pretty good. Maybe your salesman forgot to give you you're goodie bag? I would think at some point they would have to call you, hit them up then.

Mandelon
06-17-2005, 07:40 PM
I am just glad you are stoked and will be on the water this year. If I bust ass tonight I may be on the water next week.
Installing the motor for the 200th time today. It sucks being nitpicky. Weighed the boat with everything in it so far though. With engine, drive, turbos, most of the interior, helm, gauges, fuel tank etc... we are at 3,380#. We have a couple hundred more pounds of stereo and stereo batteries to go, but we are getting there. Under 3800 ready to go.
I don't think that TN can hang with the Revolution just yet anyway. ;) We will let them get used to the Magic for a while to lube up the area a little....
Are you gonna tell us when the maiden voyage is? Or is it gonna be a hush hush skunkworks dealio?

RiverOtter
06-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey Nashville, just got back from Cheap Trick. What.....?..... Sorry can't hear a thing :hammer2: :D

SHOTKALLIN
06-17-2005, 07:56 PM
This seems totaly unacceptable to me. 130K!!! They got your boat wrong twice. Not even a thank you for the roll. They told you to come back in the morning? Wow! And you are happy? They are not the only MFG making that hull. I have heard other rants about Magic on hear before but this takes the cake. NB you desrve alot more than a goodie bag. You deserve the boat you ordered.
Just my .02

Kilrtoy
06-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Are you kidding?? They loaded me up pretty good. Maybe your salesman forgot to give you you're goodie bag? I would think at some point they would have to call you, hit them up then.
But did they fill your tanks up.......

OutCole'd
06-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Honestly I don't remember if I got a full 90 gallons, but for sure both tanks were over 3/4 tank.

Kilrtoy
06-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Honestly I don't remember if I got a full 90 gallons, but for sure both tanks were over 3/4 tank.
I was just bustin your balls....
I feel bad for NB, that was some F-ed up shit.... Im glad he is able to see the light at the end of the tunnel

Mandelon
06-17-2005, 08:28 PM
I am sure they knew he would be towing across country, all that free gas would have been heavy. They were just trying to do him a favor by keeping the boat lighter...... :hammerhea

OutCole'd
06-17-2005, 08:28 PM
I was just bustin your balls....
I feel bad for NB, that was some F-ed up shit.... Im glad he is able to see the light at the end of the tunnel
I feel bad for the guy also. I think he was treated like shit. I would be way pissed, probably would have walked without taking delivery if that was an option.

Kilrtoy
06-17-2005, 08:34 PM
I feel bad for the guy also. I think he was treated like shit. I would be way pissed, probably would have walked without taking delivery if that was an option.
IT IS AN OPTION, They did not preform the service as promised.....

OutCole'd
06-17-2005, 08:36 PM
IT IS AN OPTION, They did not preform the service as promised.....
Your right, at that point, I would have asked for my deposit back, & drove right to Commander & bought one of their decks. :D

mbrown2
06-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Weighed the boat with everything in it so far though. With engine, drive, turbos, most of the interior, helm, gauges, fuel tank etc... we are at 3,380#. We have a couple hundred more pounds of stereo and stereo batteries to go, but we are getting there. Under 3800 ready to go.....
Damn...that weight ratio sounds sick Froggy....hopefully we will get to see her at OP6C next weekend??????
I have not forgotten Foxes is supposed to be on the navigational plan for the maiden voyage... :hammer2: :wink:

RiverDave
06-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Well I'm not always one to take the side of a manufacturer... Customer service aside there has to be a reason why they are selling up to 12 boats a week.. They gotta be doing something right.
My experience with magic is fairly limited all n all. I arranged a meeting, and to be honest the 1st meeting went about like Nashville bounds.. One of those come back tomorrow kinda deals. :D I was pretty livid at first being that I drove out from CA to have that meeting, but I wasn't buying a boat, I was there as a potential vendor so I have to bite my tongue and bear it. I didn't really know much about the boats other then reputation from what I've seen and heard around the river.. I was pretty impressed after I was done poking around there facillity. All the little things right down to the details.. I mean I've seen hidden hinges before on an engine hatch, but damn!! Those spider web looking things are pretty slick to say the least.. Some hardware used occasionaly that isn't just the same old "standard" goto any mfg and seee the same parts.. They had some pretty innovative stuff that wasn't on every other boat that I've seen. Of course I can do it better. ;) Just saying atleast it was thought out, and not the same stuff you see on every boat..
RD

Kilrtoy
06-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Your right, at that point, I would have asked for my deposit back, & drove right to Commander & bought one of their decks. :D
I wouldnt go that far..........

NashvilleBound
06-18-2005, 04:25 AM
ROTFLMAO.....uh, :sleeping: :D ya. Actually your probably right :idea:

NashvilleBound
06-18-2005, 04:28 AM
Are you kidding me??? I asked that just to see....got the big NO. "Ron only puts $50 in for the test ride."....which I was able to get ZERO feedback from. Bunch of focking loosers I tell ya. ...........I'm getting mad all over again. A little more insite to why I might have been slightly passive.....three strikes and your a lifer.....use your imagination.....

NashvilleBound
06-18-2005, 04:33 AM
Ok kids.....off to the lake for the families first ride and tons of pictures....
RO....can you feel what I am thinking?????? :rollside: :rollside:

RiverOtter
06-18-2005, 04:35 AM
Ok kids.....off to the lake for the families first ride and tons of pictures....
RO....can you feel what I am thinking?????? :rollside: :rollside:
Dog! Have a great time. I'm taking the new Chappy out. May even break 49MPH :D . But it's gotta windshield :idea:

NashvilleBound
06-18-2005, 04:36 AM
Dog! Have a great time. I'm taking the new Chappy out. May even break 49MPH :D . But it's gotta windshield :idea:
Ok slim....you enjoy. We'll see you next Sunday..... Window shmindow.... :D

RiverOtter
06-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Ok slim....you enjoy. We'll see you next Sunday..... Window shmindow.... :D
Here's a pic of MrsRiverOtter ridding in NB's new boat :2purples:

NashvilleBound
06-18-2005, 04:42 AM
Here's a pic of MrsRiverOtter ridding in NB's new boat :2purples:
Their not scared of 60mph are they? I guess we'll work into it :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

Not So Fast
06-18-2005, 06:43 AM
They don't sell 12 boats a week, it's 12 a month or so I was told which is pretty strong for that place. Have you seen the production in action? How they manuever 30' + boats in and out of that little alley and thru little doors without banging them up is beyond me, wait a minute :idea: I had gel repairs right away HHMMMM :) NSF

NashvilleBound
06-18-2005, 01:09 PM
They don't sell 12 boats a week, it's 12 a month or so I was told which is pretty strong for that place. Have you seen the production in action? How they manuever 30' + boats in and out of that little alley and thru little doors without banging them up is beyond me, wait a minute :idea: I had gel repairs right away HHMMMM :) NSF
LOL...me too.... all I know is what I was told by the first salesman........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not So Fast
06-18-2005, 02:53 PM
LOL...me too.... all I know is what I was told by the first salesman........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well NB lets figue this out, 12 @week X 4 = 48 @ month X 12 = one hell of a lot of boats although sometimes on Havasu it looks thay way :( Ron has really stepped up production!! NSF How did the maiden trip go, good I hope :smile:

NashvilleBound
06-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Well NB lets figue this out, 12 @week X 4 = 48 @ month X 12 = one hell of a lot of boats although sometimes on Havasu it looks thay way :( Ron has really stepped up production!! NSF How did the maiden trip go, good I hope :smile:
Ok...let me clear that up...for his summer season. I took it that maybe for 3-4 months it was like that. With all the shittty info I got it wouldnt surprise me its wrong. I was just doing the math thinking of how to open a boat business......thats some serious coin at a dozen a week..... one could almost live on that. :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
06-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Well how did the day go... COME ON....
post some pics....

slingingsmoke
06-18-2005, 06:31 PM
That is what I was thinking :confused:
yup

Not So Fast
06-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Ok...let me clear that up...for his summer season. I took it that maybe for 3-4 months it was like that. With all the shittty info I got it wouldnt surprise me its wrong. I was just doing the math thinking of how to open a boat business......thats some serious coin at a dozen a week..... one could almost live on that. :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea
naw, the reason I believe its 12 a month is because I live close to Magic and I see what comes out of there daily, dont get me wrong, 12 @ month ain't too shabby when you figure it's an average of $100 K a boat coming out of very limited space. And I reallt dont know if they slow down all that much in the off season. I counted 20 new boats in front of the plant about 2 months ago and as I understand right now they have very little or no inventory, especially decks. At those prices Ron had about $2 million sitting there or close to it. Probably smart thou as Conquest is quoting about 12 to 16 weeks I think :) These boat guys are raking it in if you ask me!! NSF

Kilrtoy
06-18-2005, 10:53 PM
. Probably smart thou as Conquest is quoting about 12 to 16 weeks I think :)
And there is a reason, Quality and Perfection takes time, as they will tell you...
a fine wine does not age over night.......

Wake Havasu
06-18-2005, 11:20 PM
NashvilleBound thanks for the heads up on Magic.

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 05:16 AM
I tried to post a few pictures.....not valid images????...All jpeg's???? No idea but were off to the lake again.....just the wife and I.....time to see how this sled really performs;) And it was HER idea!!!! I think I need one of my Magic (no pun intended) pills today..... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 05:45 AM
I tried to post a few pictures.....not valid images????...All jpeg's???? No idea but were off to the lake again.....just the wife and I.....time to see how this sled really performs;) And it was HER idea!!!! I think I need one of my Magic (no pun intended) pills today..... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
Email them to me and I'll give it a try.

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 06:03 AM
Email them to me and I'll give it a try.
Incoming............

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Incoming............
Wow! Dammit! Now I gotta have one... Ut Oh.... Mrs just saw it. :rolleyes: No windshield :notam:

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 06:20 AM
Wow! Dammit! Now I gotta have one... Ut Oh.... Mrs just saw it. :rolleyes: No windshield :notam:
LOL..... I can take some drywall nails and plexiglass....you'd be set!

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 06:23 AM
LOL..... I can take some drywall nails and plexiglass....you'd be set!
Love It! I'm uploading right now. Just a few more minutes :cool:

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 06:53 AM
I gave the pics their own thread
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82634

Not So Fast
06-19-2005, 07:50 AM
And there is a reason, Quality and Perfection takes time, as they will tell you...
a fine wine does not age over night.......
No Kilrtoy, I dont agree on that one at least in the difference between Magic and Conquest, very equal boats in quality I think, now maybe with DCB you are right :cool: NSF

Kilrtoy
06-19-2005, 07:56 AM
No Kilrtoy, I dont agree on that one at least in the difference between Magic and Conquest, very equal boats in quality I think, now maybe with DCB you are right :cool: NSF
Conquest is better, Magic is a sexier boat IMO, but conquest is better.....

OutCole'd
06-19-2005, 07:59 AM
Conquest is better, Magic is a sexier boat IMO, but conquest is better.....
Besids the Sales staff, Customer service, reputation, etc. taking the company out of the equation, what makes the Boat better in your opinion? Just curious. Have you driven both and had different experiences?

Kilrtoy
06-19-2005, 08:04 AM
I have not driven either one...
I have crawled through both and closely inspected them at their shops.....
The fit and finish(quality of rigging) is much better on conquest.

Not So Fast
06-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Well, I value your opinion as well as others but we all have to make our own decisions, right? If DCB made a deck boat then I would have gone with them because in my humble opinion they are about as good as you can get, hands down, but they dont so my decision was Magic and I'm very pleased with the boat and the appoinments plus layout. I looked at both companies very close as far as quality. I think if you were to ask 50 people who knew of the two boats that you would get a split verdict as to whos the better boat. Yes, Magic has thier problems for sure but I like my boat probably as much as you like your's and thats what counts :D Hell, the decision is only getting harder what with all the fine boats being built right here in So. Cal. :cool: Later, NSF

OutCole'd
06-19-2005, 09:10 AM
It's funny. I also checked out both boats. The Magic at the factory & unfortunately the Conquest only at the boat show.
I thought the rigging, fit & finish was great on both boats, but thought the hardware on the Magic was better.
So who is right? :confused: I guess both of us, because after all, it is just our opinion.... :smile:

OutCole'd
06-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Bottom line, not to rehash the never ending Magic vs. Conquest thread.
Just when I think Magic has their issues behind them and are acting like a professional company EVERY time with EVERY customer, something like this happens & reminds me, they still need some schooling on how to run a business.

Kilrtoy
06-19-2005, 09:34 AM
I think magic is a good quality boat, never said anything bad about the boat, and as you said its our opinion, just like ford / chevy....

Not So Fast
06-19-2005, 10:23 AM
:cool: I think magic is a good quality boat, never said anything bad about the boat, and as you said its our opinion, just like ford / chevy....
I would never disagree with a guy with a boat and wife like you have!! :cool: NSF

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Well another beautiful day on the water..... I am tired from too much sun. The boat runs perfect tho it looks like I'll be turning some wrenches this week. The front crossmember lost a bolt and the others are loose. It looks like the only way to get at it is through the light on the outside. As well, there is someting loose in the back....rettles drive me crazy. I'll take the bimini off Tues (cant go tomorrow) and head up to the lake for tests.... This way i can park on the ramp and do tests as I will be the only one on the water;) Most of my TN lake friends had an opportunity to take a ride today.....they were impressed to say the least.

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Most of my TN lake friends had an opportunity to take a ride today.....they were impressed to say the least.
:burningm: When's my dam ride? :burningm:
Also another great day on the lake. Even with my POS Chaparral Deckboat we logged many hours of crusing and.... Oh Yeah! NO RAMP LINES! :D

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Come on slim...you know your ride is next weekend....shoot, can I make it any easier for ya?? Drive 3 hours to you then take you on the water all day....hmmm....It's a good thing i dont drink...I would have you buying the most exspensive stuff out there;) ............ lol got some more pics for you too but they are in the garage and I am too tired to go get the camera... tomorrow maybe.

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Come on slim...you know your ride is next weekend....shoot, can I make it any easier for ya?? Drive 3 hours to you then take you on the water all day....hmmm....It's a good thing i dont drink...I would have you buying the most exspensive stuff out there;) ............ lol got some more pics for you too but they are in the garage and I am too tired to go get the camera... tomorrow maybe.
Ready and willing to load..... Wait a minute.... Not sure that came out right.... Wait a minute .... that didn't come out right either :hammerhea

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Ready and willing to load..... Wait a minute.... Not sure that came out right.... Wait a minute .... that didn't come out right either :hammerhea
Good thing I know what you mean;) you dont want to help load the boat either..right???? Good thing I have Stacy and the kids to help you :D

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Good thing I know what you mean;) you dont want to help load the boat either..right???? Good thing I have Stacy and the kids to help you :D
We tested out the course today (of course at only 30 mph :D ). Looking forward to next weekend. :cool:

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 05:09 PM
We tested out the course today (of course at only 30 mph :D ). Looking forward to next weekend. :cool:
Copy that...the water was perfect today for powersliding at 60.....family loved it. If their smiling...well, you know...lifes good!

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Copy that...the water was perfect today for powersliding at 60.....family loved it. If their smiling...well, you know...lifes good!
We powerslid the tube :D

Magic34
06-19-2005, 05:21 PM
My .02 on th trailer issue..... When I picked up my boat last month, they had a checklist of items that they go over with you and make you sign (at least they did when I picked my boat up). One of those items was check the lugs every 100 miles. I said sure, right, like I'm really going to do that. I drove to Vicksberg exit (Havasu to PHX route) about 100 miles or so. I was filling the truck up with gas and looked at the trailer while filling, then thought, just check them for the hell of it. It took me 10-15 mintues to tighten all of them. Some were fairly loose. I personally watched the guys tighten them just before driving off, and because the trailer was new, it needs to be done just the way they did. Once I got back to PHX, I checked again, and loose lugs again, yet not as bad, but still needed to be tightened. Everytime I check now, there are less and less loose, but I have now put about 600 miles on the trailer.
Check you new trailers!!!
By the way, NB, your boat looks great!

Kilrtoy
06-19-2005, 06:21 PM
My .02 on th trailer issue..... When I picked up my boat last month, they had a checklist of items that they go over with you and make you sign (at least they did when I picked my boat up). One of those items was check the lugs every 100 miles. I said sure, right, like I'm really going to do that. I drove to Vicksberg exit (Havasu to PHX route) about 100 miles or so. I was filling the truck up with gas and looked at the trailer while filling, then thought, just check them for the hell of it. It took me 10-15 mintues to tighten all of them. Some were fairly loose. I personally watched the guys tighten them just before driving off, and because the trailer was new, it needs to be done just the way they did. Once I got back to PHX, I checked again, and loose lugs again, yet not as bad, but still needed to be tightened. Everytime I check now, there are less and less loose, but I have now put about 600 miles on the trailer.
That sounds rather odd, that they keep coming loose...... Granted mine says the same thing and I checked them and they were all tight....

NashvilleBound
06-20-2005, 03:54 AM
Thank you. And yes...same thing. I stopped at discount before I left town and had them check them while my truck was being worked on.... they were ok but they did find some loose ones. When I stopped after i lost the wheel all were tight. To me it is obviousely loose lugs is why it came off like it did...breaking the studs and all. I checked them for the next 5 or 6 gas stops...all tight. I reccommend the same thing...CHECK LUGS!!