PDA

View Full Version : POKER RUN Could not believe my eyes

Not So Fast
04-30-2006, 12:37 PM
We were watching across from BML and after some of the big boats went by I looked up river and here comes Joe Dummy in a runabout type boat with a number of kids in it and he is towing two other kids on a tube, not really in the middle of the lake but way to far out for safety. MY GOD, I would think the guy would say :idea: lets at least get a little closer to shore if not head for a cove somewhere. Could he have possibly not noticed the boats going but at speed :confused: Did anybody else catch this, he even turned around and came back by us :rollside: NSF

Havasu Hangin'
04-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah...that was kinda funny.
I really liked the idiot in the houseboat driving down the middle of the lake by Copper Canyon. I think we buzzed him at 120MPH or so...

Jbb
04-30-2006, 01:28 PM
I really liked the idiot in the houseboat driving down the middle of the lake by Copper Canyon. I think we buzzed him at 120MPH or so...
Driving with his knee's no doubt? :p

shueman
04-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Flyers at the launch ramp might have been a good idea.... :rolleyes:

GRUNION
04-30-2006, 02:47 PM
I think that those people had no idea what was going on and it probally not there fault.

Chico&Zeus
04-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Believe it or not, not every person that uses the lake are into "Hot Boats" or the poke run...I'm not sticking up for them, just pointing out their stupidity!
P.S. if the flyers at the launch ramps had http://www.***boat.net/forums on it then everyone would know what the deal is. :rollside:

Not So Fast
04-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I caught that guys act also :confused: Amazing huh? Oh, Grunion, wouldnt you wise up a little if you were pulling your kids down the lake on tubes and 10 or 12 big boats came by you at 130 to 140 mph and you looked behind you and saw more of them. I'm not saying he couldnt have been caught by surprise as it does happen BUT HE TURNED AROUND AND CAME BACK doing the same thing, gotta figure the guys not to bright JMO Peace, NSF

slink
04-30-2006, 05:37 PM
We were watching across from BML and after some of the big boats went by I looked up river and here comes Joe Dummy in a runabout type boat with a number of kids in it and he is towing two other kids on a tube, not really in the middle of the lake but way to far out for safety. MY GOD, I would think the guy would say :idea: lets at least get a little closer to shore if not head for a cove somewhere. Could he have possibly not noticed the boats going but at speed :confused: Did anybody else catch this, he even turned around and came back by us :rollside: NSF
I saw it too. Matter of fact looking at your boat pic, I think I was pretty close to you. Did you have another Magic tied up w/ you and a few Kachina's show up? If so I was the red/blu Shockwave about 20yrds away. Good times. Next time I'll remember your boat and say hello.

GRUNION
04-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I caught that guys act also :confused: Amazing huh? Oh, Grunion, wouldnt you wise up a little if you were pulling your kids down the lake on tubes and 10 or 12 big boats came by you at 130 to 140 mph and you looked behind you and saw more of them. I'm not saying he couldnt have been caught by surprise as it does happen BUT HE TURNED AROUND AND CAME BACK doing the same thing, gotta figure the guys not to bright JMO Peace, NSF
I would deffinatly get out of the way but remeber most people have no idea whats going on and some people take a little longer to figure things out. Im not trying to dwffend this guy for being in the way and I didnt see that happen.

shueman
04-30-2006, 06:27 PM
You'd think the helios alone would get his attention... :rolleyes:

SurfOnH20
04-30-2006, 07:12 PM
GRUNION,
I understand your point. Not everybody knew this event was taking place and probably could care less. There are a lot of other people enjoying the lake doing different activities, etc. I was out there watching the run. When you saw these boats coming, they were on you before you could blink an eye. The Poker boats I saw were using good judgement with overtaking slower boats. But accidents happen fast and most people are not expecting these boats to pass them at 100 + mph. So I say give the family man a break.

Not So Fast
04-30-2006, 07:47 PM
I saw it too. Matter of fact looking at your boat pic, I think I was pretty close to you. Did you have another Magic tied up w/ you and a few Kachina's show up? If so I was the red/blu Shockwave about 20yrds away. Good times. Next time I'll remember your boat and say hello.
Naw that wasnt me Slink, there is one more boat very similar to mine or mine to his,whatever, but i'll take you up on the "say howdy" anyway. The whole point of this thread was not to belittle these people but more so to have a clue about not being in the wrong place at the wrong time and being savvy enough to notice big ass boats blowing by you and figuring out that something was going on. As one HB'er said when they are going 130mph+ they are on you like NOW and to keep on "tubing" was just not smart. :idea: Later, NSF (Bobby)