PDA

View Full Version : Important Boating Issue for all of us!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-17-2005, 11:29 AM
There are issues at Berryessa that we should all be concerned about. The Bureau of Reclamation under the Dept of Interior is attempting to basically kick powerboaters off the lake.
This is relevant because it will set a precedent for lakes surrounded by federal land with leases granted to vendors, like Mohave and Mead.
The feds could easily not renew Seven Crowns lease (Katherine Landing, and Temple Bar) and others on these lakes. Please let Gale Norton and your local US Congressman know your view on this. We don't want Berryessa or any other public lakes closed to us!!!
Here is the link to the other thread which has not gained much attention, but should
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82479
There is also another one in HS West.

abraman1326
06-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Thank you for moving it over here, and trying to drum up support...
BRA

RiverDave
06-17-2005, 01:02 PM
It's amazing to me that threads like this don't get much attention.. Same thing with the noise issue.. Here we had a chance to fight it, and yet everyone does nothing?
RD

Tom Brown
06-17-2005, 01:06 PM
It's amazing to me that threads like this don't get much attention.. Same thing with the noise issue.. Here we had a chance to fight it, and yet everyone does nothing?
I made a couple of wise cracks about the noise issue. What do you want from me? :confused:

gnarley
06-17-2005, 02:45 PM
If this ever affects you because you didn't speak up and send some message and no longer get to go to a lake that could be in question you should just sell your boat so you don't crowd those who took the time to write and sent a message to the BOR/Dept of The Interior. This is how them tree hugging lettuce heads start taking away our rights, one liake at a time.
If you haven't sent a message get off your A S S and do it.
We may now return to regular broadcasting.

Cas
06-17-2005, 10:17 PM
ttt

MagicMtnDan
06-18-2005, 04:56 AM
bump

RiverToysJas
06-18-2005, 07:55 AM
RD
The non-boating eco-freak public will always outnumber the boaters on these issues. They scream louder too. Protecting the "safety of our drinking water" will always win the court of public opinion and at the poles.
The Colorado is definately in danger of closing to motorized boat traffic IMO. It's not like other waterways that are routes of commerce, like the Mississippi, the Illinios, the Ohio, and other large rivers of America. The Colorado is a series of reservors to hold fresh water for use by the drought ridden area of the Southwest. Sadly, I can see them one day saying the "risks" of contanination are too great to allow boating.....or maybe even bodily contact. Will the non-boating public (and voting majority) agree? Maybe.
I am not giving up w/o a fight. I do believe we should be united and vocal about our opinions on this subject. That's why I wanted to say what I first did, to show anyone who thinks it just won't happen to us, that it could very well happen!!!
We'll end up like the smokers! They gave up a little over time, and have now lost almost all rights. We need to be like the NRA, and fight each and every issue as it happens. The gun owning public is losing it's rights much slower than the smokers for the simple reason that they fight ALL movements to degrade their rights.
Is there some organization that is fighting on behalf of the boat owner in cases like the Berryessa example?
RTJas :D

Stealth Marine
06-18-2005, 08:38 AM
Is there some organization that is fighting on behalf of the boat owner in cases like the Berryessa example?
RTJas :D
If your not able to get all of the manufacturers behind it, then chances are that you will never gather the political power to make things happen.
The NRA is a great example of what can be done when all of the players come together with a CLEAR MESSAGE.
The boating community is so damn diverse and factionalized that there has not been a clear cut enough issue to come forth to pull all of it together.

02HoWaRd26
06-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Screw the Sierra CLub

abraman1326
06-18-2005, 09:39 PM
C'mon all. Get behind this, and let's get the boating population together and pull our power together. As word of this get's out, I'm positive that this thing will snowball, and we;ll be suprised at out collective political pressure. PLease stand up and be heard...
BRA