PDA

View Full Version : Twin Raylar 600's

INSman
06-19-2005, 06:37 PM
The twins are coming along nicely, 1,200HP Magnatude is coming !!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294spurplemonsters001.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294spurplemonsters002.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294spurplemonsters004.jpg

mike37
06-19-2005, 06:44 PM
that looks bad ass
are one of them for me I need one

BADASS38CHEVY
06-19-2005, 07:07 PM
What price are those motors or is it a 496ho upgrade?

INSman
06-19-2005, 07:30 PM
It is basically a 496 upgrade, but I went a bit overboard with th "bling" and decided to build with seasoned 496 blocks that were completely balanced and blueprinted, and had it built up from there with the Raylar 600 kit and ALL forged internals. I will give them my blocks as "core" swaps, once the stock 496's are pulled from my boat and all the marine electronics and such are transeferred over to these new motors.

mike37
06-19-2005, 07:35 PM
It is basically a 496 upgrade, but I went a bit overboard with th "bling" and decided to build with seasoned 496 blocks that were completely balanced and blueprinted, and had it built up from there with the Raylar 600 kit and ALL forged internals. I will give them my blocks as "core" swaps, once the stock 496's are pulled from my boat and all the marine electronics and such are transeferred over to these new motors.
what shop is doing the build for you thats what I want to do but keep my old motor ass a back up

INSman
06-19-2005, 07:39 PM
what shop is doing the build for you thats what I want to do but keep my old motor ass a back up
It is coordinated through Raylar, and the shop apparently has decades of race motor experience. I would just contact Ray direct at Raylar (sales@raylarengine.com) for any info or details you may need or want.

BADASS38CHEVY
06-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Whats the upgraded price that you had done.

shadow
06-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Looks sweet!You are gonna love the difference between the stock 496 and the modified 496.I anm happy everytime i drive my boat.
congrats!!!!

INSman
06-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Whats the upgraded price that you had done.
It is a "project" per say for Family & Performance Boating Magazine, so I got a great break I am sure in pricing. Let's just say that it is less than $15k per motor, not including what it will cost me to pay Aaron at Absolute in Havasu to pull my motors, "marine" the new motors and re-install.

INSman
06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Looks sweet!You are gonna love the difference between the stock 496 and the modified 496.I anm happy everytime i drive my boat.
congrats!!!!
You are right on there 'D'
I love my boat already, but I am gonna' love it even more at 90+ !! :2purples: :jawdrop: :D

INSman
06-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Looks great :). When is all of this going to be done again?
The motors are actually all done right now, just need to be crated up and shipped to Aaron or Aaron may be picking them up. I am shooting for the week after 4th of July. :idea:

Garrddogg
06-19-2005, 09:00 PM
congrats thats gonna be AWSOME! I cant wait to stare at the back of yer boat!! :eek: :D

INSman
06-19-2005, 09:04 PM
congrats thats gonna be AWSOME! I cant wait to stare at the back of yer boat!! :eek: :D
That right there is funny !! :D
Your boat hauls the mail pretty darn good for a single, heck I was having trouble keeping up with you on Mojave until you fouled a plug or whatever :messedup:

Focker
06-19-2005, 09:06 PM
That right there is funny !! :D
Your boat hauls the mail pretty darn good for a single, heck I was having trouble keeping up with you on Mojave until you fouled a plug or whatever :messedup:
sweet
ya wanna see your house?

INSman
06-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Sure, almost forgot about the house with the motors !! Damn, I need a few more projects to keep me busy :rollside: :hammerhea :D

WILD LAVEY
06-19-2005, 09:15 PM
wow, those motors look great. i like the extra bling. i might just go with that set up on the next boat.

INSman
06-19-2005, 09:18 PM
wow, those motors look great. i like the extra bling. i might just go with that set up on the next boat.
It will look even better with the Billet Spark Arrestors, Polished Exhaust, chromed pullies and some more crap. I'll keep posting pics as we progress :cool:

WILD LAVEY
06-19-2005, 09:20 PM
please do, post more pics. are you keeping the stock exhaust?

Kachina26
06-20-2005, 05:33 AM
Those will get that boat of yours up and running! Very nice, you're gonna have to give me a ride when all is said and done ;)

shadow
06-20-2005, 05:49 AM
sweet
ya wanna see your house?
HEY FOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

INSman
06-20-2005, 07:21 AM
please do, post more pics. are you keeping the stock exhaust?
NO stock exhaust, I am going with the Revolution Marine:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2294exhaust.jpg

Not So Fast
06-20-2005, 07:51 AM
I am wondering where the dealio bobs (individual ignition coils??) that are mounted on the valve covers have gone, are they going to be mounted somewhere else or are they replaced by a real distributer, or ???? sorry if this is a stuuuupid question but just wondering, thanks. NSF

INSman
06-20-2005, 07:56 AM
I am wondering where the dealio bobs (individual ignition coils??) that are mounted on the valve covers have gone, are they going to be mounted somewhere else or are they replaced by a real distributer, or ???? sorry if this is a stuuuupid question but just wondering, thanks. NSF
There is a custom coil remount bracket, that cleans everything up, I just don't have a picture yet. There are MANY companies making aftermarket stuff for these 496's, including FRANKY here on these boards, Revolution Marine, etc...

Lucky Bastard
06-20-2005, 07:57 AM
Looks like it is coming together nicley. Can't to go for a ride with the twins! :2purples: :2purples:

franky
06-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Needs big oil coolers now. I know where you can get them also.

Dave C
06-20-2005, 08:39 AM
You beat me too it. :hammerhea
That looks great.
Did you have all those pieces powedercoated purple to match or are they new pieces? Block painted or?

Not So Fast
06-20-2005, 08:41 AM
There is a custom coil remount bracket, that cleans everything up, I just don't have a picture yet. There are MANY companies making aftermarket stuff for these 496's, including FRANKIE here on these boards, Revolution Marine, etc...
THANKS NSF :D

INSman
06-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Needs big oil coolers now. I know where you can get them also.
Would love to, but I would need some sort of serious price adjustment from what I hear. I am already into this project more than I expected. If you want to make me a deal I can't afford not to take, I will try my best to get the magazine to shoot specific pics of your product along with written captions.

callbob4homes
06-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Probably a stupid question................but not knowing much about dry sumps, I was wondering why you couldn't do dry sumps and get away from the huge oil pan? Lower motor, but you would have to have room for the oil tank I guess. Is there a reason it wouldn't work on a boat engine? Just wondering :confused:

Steamin' Rice
06-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Looking good!!

INSman
06-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Probably a stupid question................but not knowing much about dry sumps, I was wondering why you couldn't do dry sumps and get away from the huge oil pan? Lower motor, but you would have to have room for the oil tank I guess. Is there a reason it wouldn't work on a boat engine? Just wondering :confused:
You are asking the wrong guy, I am just a dumb insurance broker :wink:

INSman
06-20-2005, 08:56 AM
You beat me too it. :hammerhea
That looks great.
Did you have all those pieces powedercoated purple to match or are they new pieces? Block painted or?
All the pieces are new but also powder coated and I believe they had paint made up to match for the block and some other stuff.

rvrhlic
06-20-2005, 01:41 PM
I have one of ray and Larry's 600hp, I am still working on dialing it in. I am hoping they get all the ECM settings dialed in on yours so they can adjust mine. Mine doesn't look nearly as cool though!

INSman
06-20-2005, 03:00 PM
It is my understanding that there are quite a few key components that are critical to hitting the 600HP number, aside from the heads, cam and intake manifold, namely headers. I am sure things will get worked out for you soon and I hope to be able to share my results with everyone in the not too distant future !!

atomickitn
06-20-2005, 05:06 PM
nice twins blane

franky
06-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Would love to, but I would need some sort of serious price adjustment from what I hear. I am already into this project more than I expected. If you want to make me a deal I can't afford not to take, I will try my best to get the magazine to shoot specific pics of your product along with written captions.
What exactly were you quoted?

INSman
06-20-2005, 06:04 PM
What exactly were you quoted?
Don't quite remember, just know it was more than double what Revolution Marine was charging for theirs. I sent you a PM, why don't you call me so we can discuss and also talk about the billet pullies.
Blane

franky
06-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Don't quite remember, just know it was more than double what Revolution Marine was chaging for theirs. I sent you a PM, why don't you call me so we can discuss and also talk about the billet pullies.
Blane
That would be because theres is JUST A COOLER, a getto one at that (mounts with hose clamps, nice!). Mine is a complete package with a cooler designed for the 496. It includes polished billet brackets, a GOOD oil cooler, a filter head with mounting bracket and filter, 10 AN fittings, SS lines, (lines are made up, flushed and capped) the good wire reinforced water hose, 2 stainless 1" MPT to 1 1/4" hose adapters (1-90 degree, 1-60 degree), complete package. NO COMPARISON. You get what you pay for!
You would be wasting your time buying thier cooler and not changing the lines (size), etc.
I will call tomorrow.

KROOZIN
06-20-2005, 08:51 PM
You are asking the wrong guy, I am just a dumb insurance broker :wink:
Look great, I'm sure they'll perform just as nicely! :D

Phat Matt
06-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Those are looking real good. Congrats!

INSman
06-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Those are looking real good. Congrats!
You are next Matt !! :2purples: :2purples:
Okay, so maybe you will have to wait until you actually take delivery of your boat, then maybe get it broken in, then want to get more speed, then who the f knows !!!!! :crossx: :D

Phat Matt
06-20-2005, 09:28 PM
You are next Matt !! :2purples: :2purples:
Okay, so maybe you will have to wait until you actually take delivery of your boat, then maybe get it broken in, then want to get more speed, then who the f knows !!!!! :crossx: :D
No kidding. I have already thought about it. It's good to know there are options though.

INSman
06-20-2005, 09:28 PM
That would be because theres is JUST A COOLER, a getto one at that (mounts with hose clamps, nice!). Mine is a complete package with a cooler designed for the 496. It includes polished billet brackets, a GOOD oil cooler, a filter head with mounting bracket and filter, 10 AN fittings, SS lines, (lines are made up, flushed and capped) the good wire reinforced water hose, 2 stainless 1" MPT to 1 1/4" hose adapters (1-90 degree, 1-60 degree), complete package. NO COMPARISON. You get what you pay for!
You would be wasting your time buying thier cooler and not changing the lines (size), etc.
I will call tomorrow.
Franky, you had me at "Hello" !!! ;)
Just give me a fair deal, so we can test the parts and get them written up in F & P Boating Mag and work as a strategic partner with Raylar to sell a ton of quality product !!

INSman
06-20-2005, 09:31 PM
No kidding. I have already thought about it. It's good to know there are options though.
Your boat is gonna' be bad ass, I can't wait to see it !!! Any pic updates ?

Phat Matt
06-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Your boat is gonna' be bad ass, I can't wait to see it !!! Any pic updates ?
Nothing new yet.

INSman
06-21-2005, 06:49 AM
Nothing new yet.
You are probably not getting anxious anyway :hammerhea

dicudmore
06-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Oh, its just THOSE twins :sleeping: :jawdrop: :rolleyes:
Looks awesome bud :D

Dave C
06-21-2005, 09:22 AM
1) I thought that they didn't have to do an ECU adjustments for the 600. Only change the rev limiter.
2) Were those RM manifold recommended by Raylar?
3) Are you having your exhaust exit below the swim step (i.e. turns) or straight out the back?
I am assuming that the RM manifolds are available for the 496 even though its not on their website.
Thanks INSman!!!!
It is my understanding that there are quite a few key components that are critical to hitting the 600HP number, aside from the heads, cam and intake manifold, namely headers. I am sure things will get worked out for you soon and I hope to be able to share my results with everyone in the not too distant future !!

INSman
06-21-2005, 12:21 PM
I will call tomorrow.
Franky, where is that call ??

OGShocker
06-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Blaine, looks nice buddy! Look forward to seeing you guy back at Havasu in late July. Do not bother calling me I will not answer. :notam: :rollside:

INSman
06-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Blaine, looks nice buddy! Look forward to seeing you guy back at Havasu in late July. Do not bother calling me I will not answer. :notam: :rollside:
Call, I'll just drive my ass and the rest of me right up to your house !!!! We won't be back on the water until the weekend of the 15th and the weekend of the 30th. You gonna' be there either or both of those weekends ?? :argue:

dicudmore
06-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Call, I'll just drive my ass and the rest of me right up to your house !!!! We won't be back on the water until the weekend of the 15th and the weekend of the 30th. You gonna' be there either or both of those weekends ?? :argue:
15th and 30th? Whats the deal... taking the summer off to sell insurance instead of boating??

INSman
06-21-2005, 03:02 PM
15th and 30th? Whats the deal... taking the summer off to sell insurance instead of boating??
Nope, just gets expensive when you have to keep renting either a house to stay in or an overpriced hotel room !!!!!!!!!! :hammer2:

dicudmore
06-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Nope, just gets expensive when you have to keep renting either a house to stay in or an overpriced hotel room !!!!!!!!!! :hammer2:
And here I thought you were gonna blame the twin 600's...
You know you have an open invite at my house

INSman
06-21-2005, 03:12 PM
And here I thought you were gonna blame the twin 600's...
You know you have an open invite at my house
I REALLY hate to impose on anyone, just not my style. I am pretty private anyway, especially with the kids. I really do appreciate the offer though :wink:
I heard your house was secretly rigged with a bunch of "Spy Cams" anway :messedup: :confused: :220v: :D

dicudmore
06-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I REALLY hate to impose on anyone, just not my style. I am pretty private anyway, especially with the kids. I really do appreciate the offer though :wink:
I heard your house was secretly rigged with a bunch of "Spy Cams" anway :messedup: :confused: :220v: :D
yes but not a web-cam so it won't make it to the boards ;)
well its there anytime you want to use it

rvrhlic
06-21-2005, 08:23 PM
1) I thought that they didn't have to do an ECU adjustments for the 600. Only change the rev limiter.
2) Were those RM manifold recommended by Raylar?
3) Are you having your exhaust exit below the swim step (i.e. turns) or straight out the back?
I am assuming that the RM manifolds are available for the 496 even though its not on their website.
Thanks INSman!!!!
I can tell you that there NEEDS to be a ECM adjustment. When I ran mine with the stock ECM, it fouled all the plugs and had no power. Ray and Larry spent the entire day on my boat dialing in my engine. They added a seperate controller aside from the ecm (I have no idea what it does!). Mine still is in need of some fine tuning and am hoping they get everything dialed in with Blaine's so i cam get mine taken care of.
Blaine, did they recommend that exhaust manifold over headers?

INSman
06-21-2005, 08:40 PM
I can tell you that there NEEDS to be a ECM adjustment. When I ran mine with the stock ECM, it fouled all the plugs and had no power. Ray and Larry spent the entire day on my boat dialing in my engine. They added a seperate controller aside from the ecm (I have no idea what it does!). Mine still is in need of some fine tuning and am hoping they get everything dialed in with Blaine's so i cam get mine taken care of.
Blaine, did they recommend that exhaust manifold over headers?
They tried to get me a deal with the Bassett guy, but the pricing was too steep. I worked the deal all by myself with Revolution Marine. The engines have already been dynoed and I think Ray said they both hit 607HP or so, so I don't know about any other tweaking that needs to be done on mine :confused:

Phat Matt
06-21-2005, 08:46 PM
They tried to get me a deal with the Bassett guy, but the pricing was too steep. I worked the deal all by myself with Revolution Marine. The engines have already been dynoed and I think Ray said they both hit 607HP or so, so I don't know about any other tweaking that needs to be done on mine :confused:
I hope everything works out! :D
http://www.charisma-designs.net/images/glossfamily.jpg

INSman
06-21-2005, 10:20 PM
For all those concerned, unconcerned, related or unrelated, I will be offering up very little if any additional information on my twin Raylar project, as not to jeopardize the "ARTICLE" that is to be published in the future by Family & Performance Boating Magazine, after the install and water testing.
I can only assume and hope that the results will exceed my expectations !! :D
Stay Tuned ;)

UnionJack
06-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Do they have to be the blue color? block, oil pan, etc

TCS T
06-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Those look B*tchn! I hope they work well for you, and if they do it looks like I will be on board, can't seem to get any whipples any time soon!

INSman
06-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Do they have to be the blue color? block, oil pan, etc
If you look on the Raylar website www.raylarengine.com, you will see that everything comes stock gray/aluminum in color. I chose the colors for the intake manifold, block and such to match my boat and of course are paying for that along with all the other "Bling" everyone will see on the finished product.

helter skelter
07-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Saaaaay there... that shop looks afully familiar.... :)

INSman
07-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh, do tell !!!! :rolleyes:

TPI
07-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Blane,
I saw what appeared to be your boat last night toward Topoc? If so, How is it running? I have not heard anything since it was back together.

INSman
07-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Yup, that was me and the girls... Boat is still in the "stock" configuration at present, new motors are set to drop in on August 1st and then i am off to Powell. I am praying that I have little or actually NO problems, as that is my favorite and most expensive trip of the year :jawdrop:
Gary, if I could get my hands on some build sheets with detailed parts lists and stuff, would you mind looking over for me and comment on any concerns that you would have as a builder with any particular part or parts.
Blane,
I saw what appeared to be your boat last night toward Topoc? If so, How is it running? I have not heard anything since it was back together.

Kilrtoy
07-12-2005, 07:24 PM
INSman
your boat looks very very nice in person.
Saw you pass by in the channel and again I saw you at the car wash,.......
It looks sweet...

TPI
07-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Yup, that was me and the girls... Boat is still in the "stock" configuration at present, new motors are set to drop in on August 1st and then i am off to Powell. I am praying that I have little or actually NO problems, as that is my favorite and most expensive trip of the year :jawdrop:
Gary, if I could get my hands on some build sheets with detailed parts lists and stuff, would you mind looking over for me and comment on any concerns that you would have as a builder with any particular part or parts.
I am not sure what you are asking? Do you mean reviewing the build sheets of your new motors? If so, shouldnt the guy your paying do that with you? Also, I did like the graphics on your boat, it looks real nice.

INSman
07-12-2005, 07:37 PM
I am not sure what you are asking? Do you mean reviewing the build sheets of your new motors? If so, shouldnt the guy your paying do that with you? Also, I did like the graphics on your boat, it looks real nice.
Thank you on graphics compliment !!
Yes to the build sheet review on the new motors, only if you have some free time. In all honesty, I am an insurance guy, not an engine guy. You could tell me what is in the motors 10x over, and I would still not be able to differentiate what's what. No biggie..
I am sure they are using top quality parts and materials, just never hurts to have a secondary (somewhat unbiased :rolleyes: ) professional opinion !! :D

Raylar
07-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Blane:
You might want to drop over to Offshore only forums under General Tech forum and check out Randy's results on his new HO600 496 Raylar motor in his "Escape Velocity."Its in a thread called "Raylar Results" Thought you might appreciate the beautiful rigging job his shop did and see what a HO 600 looks like installed with some "Red Monsta" paint. You will probably be excited when you read his comments about driveabiltiy and performance. He doesn't have your killer "Air Cleaners" and If you are really nice to me I might even post a picture of them on the "Purple Monstas" for ya!!
I know your just going to strangle me, but i can't resist the dig!
Ray @ Raylar :2purples:

INSman
07-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Blane:
You might want to drop over to Offshore only forums under General Tech forum and check out Randy's results on his new HO600 496 Raylar motor in his "Escape Velocity."Its in a thread called "Raylar Results" Thought you might appreciate the beautiful rigging job his shop did and see what a HO 600 looks like installed with some "Red Monsta" paint. You will probably be excited when you read his comments about driveabiltiy and performance. He doesn't have your killer "Air Cleaners" and If you are really nice to me I might even post a picture of them on the "Purple Monstas" for ya!!
I know your just going to strangle me, but i can't resist the dig!
Ray @ Raylar :2purples:
I won't strangle you, not my style !!! Just don't take my comments or query for outside info as anything other than a search for knowledge :p

Steamin' Rice
07-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Blane, it sounds like you have upset Ray and might be getting hot pink monstas instead of purple ones. :D :p :D

INSman
07-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Blane, it sounds like you have upset Ray and might be getting hot pink monstas instead of purple ones. :D :p :D
Nah, already talked with Ray today and all is well, and actually, was never anything less than well. I always like to hear and sometimes solicit opinions of others that I admire, and Gary would certainly be one of those :D

Steamin' Rice
07-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Just giving you a hard time Blane.. :D Are you going to have the purple monstas installed for the SCOPE poker run in Aug??

INSman
07-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Just giving you a hard time Blane.. :D Are you going to have the purple monstas installed for the SCOPE poker run in Aug??
We are set to install on August 1st... :D
Just not sure if I will make the run as I will not have ANY opportunity for ocean "seat time" prior to the run and not quite sure how smart that would be on my part :( :messedup:

Steamin' Rice
07-13-2005, 04:09 PM
You are smart to consider the fact that you won't have any ocean seat time in your boat before the poker run. A poker run is absolutely NOT the place to test the limits of a new boat/power. Now, if you realize that and have the self control to take it easy, you could have a blast by hanging back at the start and running the "short" course from Long Beach to Newport and back.
Keep in mind that as part of the poker run entry, you will get pictures and negatives of your boat in action taken from a helicopter, and you still have a chance to win the $10k first place prize. :idea:

INSman
07-13-2005, 07:42 PM
You are smart to consider the fact that you won't have any ocean seat time in your boat before the poker run. A poker run is absolutely NOT the place to test the limits of a new boat/power. Now, if you realize that and have the self control to take it easy, you could have a blast by hanging back at the start and running the "short" course from Long Beach to Newport and back.
Keep in mind that as part of the poker run entry, you will get pictures and negatives of your boat in action taken from a helicopter, and you still have a chance to win the $10k first place prize. :idea:
You running long or short ???

Miss Perfect
07-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Haha... I was thinking the same thing! :wink:

Steamin' Rice
07-14-2005, 07:37 AM
You running long or short ???
I'll probably run the long course since this year I'll be in the bigger boat, but last year I just ran the short course and had a good time... I went the the card boat in Newport and watched the top guys from the long course arrive - Pretty cool seeing a bunch of kickass boats show up out of the fog..

dicudmore
07-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Just not sure if I will make the run as I will not have ANY opportunity for ocean "seat time" prior to the run and not quite sure how smart that would be on my part :( :messedup:
you sit shotgun, I'll drive...Your boat... It will be a blast :D :D
have Aaron make sure your serp belts are on right, thats been my only ocean casualty

TPI
08-18-2005, 05:49 AM
How does it run?

dicudmore
08-18-2005, 06:17 AM
How does it run?
been waiting for this same answer...
wonder if he's back from Lake Powell yet??

Kilrtoy
08-18-2005, 06:57 AM
WELL :cool:

Raylar
08-18-2005, 07:08 AM
We held up putting the motors and all the updates to Blane's boat until he gets back from Powell. Didn't think it was a good idea to take his boat up there without some dial in time on Havasu to make sure everything was just right. I think he gets back this weekend and I think Aaron will be starting right after that.
Ray @ Raylar

prosthogod
08-18-2005, 07:12 AM
Hey Raylar, what happened to the magic deck that blew in powell with your kit on it(that was put on by Absolute)?

KACHINA KEN
08-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Hey Raylar, what happened to the magic deck that blew in powell with your kit on it(that was put on by Absolute)?
Bump

prosthogod
08-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Bump,Bump

shadow
08-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Got about 50HRS on my Raylar so far and so far it's been bullet proof. :)

prosthogod
08-18-2005, 10:16 AM
The magic blew with ~ 5 hrs on it!

shadow
08-18-2005, 10:47 AM
The magic blew with ~ 5 hrs on it!
I belive Blaine INSman blew up a 496 pre Raylar and cowKhina ken gernaded 2 maybe 3 496's without Raylars. ;)

dicudmore
08-18-2005, 10:50 AM
I believe Blaine INSman blew up a 496 pre Raylar and cowKhina ken gernaded 2 maybe 3 496's without Raylars. ;)
true that :wink:
phx atc scattered one also :(

shadow
08-18-2005, 11:12 AM
true that :wink:
phx atc scattered one also :(
And i can think of at least a couple more recent threads of 496's having problems.

CornWater
08-18-2005, 11:19 AM
And i can think of at least a couple more recent threads of 496's having problems.
Bite your tongue... :rollside:

shadow
08-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Bite your tongue... :rollside:Before you wear out your 496.
You need to worry about that kraco stereo system you've got! :)

CornWater
08-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Before you wear out your 496.
You need to worry about that kraco stereo system you've got! :)
:argue: bastard...

prosthogod
08-18-2005, 01:18 PM
You wouldn't be implying corn is all show and no go?

shadow
08-18-2005, 01:57 PM
You wouldn't be implying corn is all show and no go?
Not at all Cornwater has got a sweet ride.All kidding aside,his system sounds pretty decent too.Don't tell him i said this!Don't want him to get a fat head.

prosthogod
08-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Not at all Cornwater has got a sweet ride.All kidding aside,his system sounds pretty decent too.Don't tell him i said this!Don't want him to get a fat head.
What's the prostock scoop for?

rvrhlic
08-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Who had their engine blow??
I did see Blaine's engines when I was at absolute a couple of weeks ago, they look great. Now he will have to keep the hatch open to show off the bling. I am curious to see how the engines run.

CornWater
08-18-2005, 03:59 PM
What's the prostock scoop for?
:wink:

Raylar
08-19-2005, 08:02 AM
I haven't heard about any Majic deck boat that blew his Raylar equipped 496 at Powell. Aaron called and said a 496 Raylar equipped boat at Powell had a ticking noise under a valve cover on one side and he would get it back and check it when it was back in Havasu. Aaron said boat ran awwsome the whole trip. Kind of sounds like the friend who told his first friend about a bruise he had on his arm, when the story got to his third aquaintance he had his arm amputated!
Ray @ Raylar

dicudmore
08-19-2005, 08:04 AM
I haven't heard about any Majic deck boat that blew his Raylar equipped 496 at Powell. Aaron called and said a 496 Raylar equipped boat at Powell had a ticking noise under a valve cover on one side and he would get it back and check it when it was back in Havasu. Aaron said boat ran awwsome the whole trip. Kind of sounds like the friend who told his first friend about a bruise he had on his arm, when the story got to his third aquaintance he had his arm amputated!
Ray @ Raylar
I never heard about a Magic blowing up at Powell...
I'm SURE I heard something about a lower end failure at Havasu on a Magic though :wink:

rvrhlic
08-19-2005, 10:04 AM
I never heard about a Magic blowing up at Powell...
I'm SURE I heard something about a lower end failure at Havasu on a Magic though :wink:
WOW - I heard about that one too!! :D :D :D :D

prosthogod
08-19-2005, 11:02 AM
No third hand posting here. I had to drive his family back to the houseboat 40 miles in the pouring rain while he got towed. It definitly sounded like valve train failure. Back fires, metal to metal , like a stuck valve.

dicudmore
08-19-2005, 11:10 AM
No third hand posting here. I had to drive his family back to the houseboat 40 miles in the pouring rain while he got towed. It definitly sounded like valve train failure. Back fires, metal to metal , like a stuck valve.
hmm...valve train failures...
FOCKER, are you out there?

shadow
08-19-2005, 11:26 AM
hmm...valve train failures...
FOCKER, are you out there?
I belive Focker had a rocker arm break.Understandable,i work on engines all day long and have seen that happen.All man made parts.I also belive Focker gained dam near 20MPH from a 496mag. (375hp to 525hp)
Seems like people waiting to hear negative results of Raylar,so they can say told you so or whatever the reason may be.Whats up with that???? :confused: They aint gonna do these upgrades anyway,why be so concerned? :hammer2:
Personally i'm glad that Raylar has put together this package and offered up an alternative to supercharging a 496.
Kinda reminds me of another thread in the last day or so.GT puts up a few pics of an awesome boat with a few details for us to enjoy and the thread went sideways with haters.

prosthogod
08-19-2005, 11:51 AM
I belive Focker had a rocker arm break.Understandable,i work on engines all day long and have seen that happen.All man made parts.I also belive Focker gained dam near 20MPH from a 496mag. (375hp to 525hp)
Seems like people waiting to hear negative results of Raylar,so they can say told you so or whatever the reason may be.Whats up with that???? :confused: They aint gonna do these upgrades anyway,why be so concerned? :hammer2:
Personally i'm glad that Raylar has put together this package and offered up an alternative to supercharging a 496.
Kinda reminds me of another thread in the last day or so.GT puts up a few pics of an awesome boat with a few details for us to enjoy and the thread went sideways with haters.
Now shadow I'm not tryng to bash anyone or open a can of worms. I'm just telling you what happened. I personally don't care for any of the aftermarket hop ups for the 496 because the motor itself is weak(lower and upper). That is why I sold mine and had motor built. The cost for building the motor and the extra hp greatly outways the cost of a relatively new product , installation, and the fact you still have a weak 496. JUst my .02.

dicudmore
08-19-2005, 12:28 PM
no haters here...after seeing yours run I'm the one that sold FOCKER on doing it to his...if I had any beans I'd be doing mine too :D
everything built by humans has the chance of breaking at some point or another, you and I know that well :wink:
the results speak for themselves, 10-15MPH on yours, 20ish on FOCKER's...Thats stout, I don't care who ya are.
I'm hoping Blane picks up 20MPH also :D

Focker
08-19-2005, 12:39 PM
no haters here...after seeing yours run I'm the one that sold FOCKER on doing it to his...if I had any beans I'd be doing mine too :D
everything built by humans has the chance of breaking at some point or another, you and I know that well :wink:
the results speak for themselves, 10-15MPH on yours, 20ish on FOCKER's...Thats stout, I don't care who ya are.
I'm hoping Blane picks up 20MPH also :D
OK GUYS THEY INSTALLED A DEFECTIVE PART IN MINE. AARRON FOUND IT WHEN HE TORE IT APART AND RAY STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE AND MADE GOOD ON ALL PARTS AND AARRONS LABOR. NOW, I HAVE ONLY HAD THE BOAT OUT TWICE SINCE IT WAS FIXED BUT I AINT COMPLAINING. I AGREE WITH SHADOW, IM GLAD THAT RAYLAR HAS THIS PACKAGE. ON MY NEXT BOAT I WILL HANDLE THE ENGINE MUCH DIFFERENTLY. BUT THE RAYLAR PACKAGE FOR THE 496 AND THE RESULTS I HAVE ARE IMPRESSIVE

Focker
08-19-2005, 12:39 PM
THIS WAS MY PROBLEM

Magic34
08-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Can I get some Raylar's on my Merc 575's? I would like just an additional 10 MPH, anything over that would be a bonus.

ridebig
08-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Can I get some Raylar's on my Merc 575's? I would like just an additional 10 MPH, anything over that would be a bonus.
Hey Mike, awsome golf cart on back of the new rig! How's the family?
I'll be in Havi next Thur. thru Sun. (boy's trip). Try to make it. Tim W.

Magic34
08-19-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey Mike, awsome golf cart on back of the new rig! How's the family?
I'll be in Havi next Thur. thru Sun. (boy's trip). Try to make it. Tim W.
Hey Tim,
I think I am heading to the SCOPE run, flying in for the day to do the run with a friend, and flying out later that night.
Driving the cart off the truck scares the @$#* out of me everytime. Family is great, hope all is well with you!

rvrhlic
08-19-2005, 06:44 PM
I agree it is a good alternative to super charging. There is always an possibility of bad stuff happening with anything you do to a stock engine.
IF there are problems, all the matters is who the parties involved address the issue. If they step up an get you straightened out that is all you can ask. I have dealt with both Raylar and Absolute, in fact, I have spend the day with Ray, Larry and Aaron on my boat dialing my engine in. Customer service is what matters when you spend thousands and rest assured with Raylar and Absolute, you will be taken care of.

Raylar
08-20-2005, 07:46 AM
Sorry to hear about the part failure. We will step up for anything of ours that fails. We try very hard to make sure our parts and kits are the made to exacting standards and with the best of parts. Sometimes things can break, its just part of the business of high performance motors. These situations are unfortunate and inconvienent and for that we apologize, however we will use any development like this to improve our product reliability and we do stand by our products. Thank you to those who support our efforts and our products, without you, we could never grow and survive!
Ray @ raylar

KACHINA KEN
08-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Now shadow I'm not tryng to bash anyone or open a can of worms. I'm just telling you what happened. I personally don't care for any of the aftermarket hop ups for the 496 because the motor itself is weak(lower and upper). That is why I sold mine and had motor built. The cost for building the motor and the extra hp greatly outways the cost of a relatively new product , installation, and the fact you still have a weak 496. JUst my .02.
I believe the term I coined for the 496 says it all, SHITBOXES

Dave C
08-20-2005, 08:06 AM
no shiat!!! :notam:
the parts you get from Raylar are a vast improvement in quality over the garbage that comes stock.

Focker
08-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the part failure. We will step up for anything of ours that fails. We try very hard to make sure our parts and kits are the made to exacting standards and with the best of parts. Sometimes things can break, its just part of the business of high performance motors. These situations are unfortunate and inconvienent and for that we apologize, however we will use any development like this to improve our product reliability and we do stand by our products. Thank you to those who support our efforts and our products, without you, we could never grow and survive!
Ray @ raylar
Ray
you have my voice as your integrity

dicudmore
08-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Ray
you have my voice as your integrity
I gotta second that :D
Shadow, I didn't mean to look like a hater...

Nordicflame
08-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Just curious here...It takes a minimum of 300-375 additional hp to gain 20 mph in "most" boats. One exception may be a cat that didn't have enough power to lift and this setup got it over the hump, but 20 mph????
Someone want to maybe explain these gains with 100-150 hp :confused: :confused:
No tire kicker here either. I have had several conversations with Ray and have twin HOs that are looking for a 100 hp kick. The realistic expectation here is 9-10 mph total with a 100 hp per side, 200 hp total increase.
I'm not knocking what I think may be a great product, just trying to be realistic here.
Dave

Focker
08-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Just curious here...It takes a minimum of 300-375 additional hp to gain 20 mph in "most" boats. One exception may be a cat that didn't have enough power to lift and this setup got it over the hump, but 20 mph????
Someone want to maybe explain these gains with 100-150 hp :confused: :confused:
No tire kicker here either. I have had several conversations with Ray and have twin HOs that are looking for a 100 hp kick. The realistic expectation here is 9-10 mph total with a 100 hp per side, 200 hp total increase.
I'm not knocking what I think may be a great product, just trying to be realistic here.
Dave
I'm not a mechanic so I have no idea of the additional hp required to get what ever extra speed. I do know what my boat was doing. And I was the one always questioning how everyones boat was doing a certain speed and I could never get mine past the low 50's. I questioned DICUDMORE as to what peoples boats were actually doing as to what they posted. After my Raylar I have seen mid 70s on my speedo with no GPS on it yet. I have had to remove the Bimmney top as it is blowing off the back up and down like crazy.
Now mine is just a tiny 22' advantage but I am a happy camper as well as a
Dumb old CPA

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 06:22 AM
I'm not a mechanic so I have no idea of the additional hp required to get what ever extra speed. I do know what my boat was doing. And I was the one always questioning how everyones boat was doing a certain speed and I could never get mine past the low 50's. I questioned DICUDMORE as to what peoples boats were actually doing as to what they posted. After my Raylar I have seen mid 70s on my speedo with no GPS on it yet. I have had to remove the Bimmney top as it is blowing off the back up and down like crazy.
Now mine is just a tiny 22' advantage but I am a happy camper as well as a
Dumb old CPA
morning Focker :D
you going to the lake? I am headed out tonight

Focker
08-25-2005, 06:28 AM
morning Focker :D
you going to the lake? I am headed out tonight
YEP
HOW YA GETTING OUT SO EARLY?
PS
YA GOT ROOM FOR THAT INDUSTRIAL FAN FOR AARRON?

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 06:42 AM
YEP
HOW YA GETTING OUT SO EARLY?
PS
YA GOT ROOM FOR THAT INDUSTRIAL FAN FOR AARRON?
if it will lay down in my truck bed then yes I'll take it to him...
does he need it in that new shop??
well since I quit, they kinda had no choice but to give me the days off :wink:

Focker
08-25-2005, 06:47 AM
if it will lay down in my truck bed then yes I'll take it to him...
does he need it in that new shop??
well since I quit, they kinda had no choice but to give me the days off :wink:
KEWL AND CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB. YES IT WILL LAY DOWN NO PROBLEM ITS ABOUT 50 INCHES WIDE AND A 18 INCHES WIDE BUT VERY LIGHT AND ON WHEELS. YES HE NEEDS IT FOR THE NEW SHOP. YOU WILL BE HIS HERO. SWING BY TONIGHT BEFORE YOU LEAVE

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 06:51 AM
KEWL AND CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB. YES IT WILL LAY DOWN NO PROBLEM ITS ABOUT 50 INCHES WIDE AND A 18 INCHES WIDE BUT VERY LIGHT AND ON WHEELS. YES HE NEEDS IT FOR THE NEW SHOP. YOU WILL BE HIS HERO. SWING BY TONIGHT BEFORE YOU LEAVE
ok will do

Focker
08-25-2005, 06:52 AM
ok will do
HAVE YOU SPOKEN TO BLANE?

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 07:00 AM
HAVE YOU SPOKEN TO BLANE?
no but he passed me in the channel sunday and didn't stop to chat :hammer2:
had room for 20 boats on the side of us :idea:

Focker
08-25-2005, 07:02 AM
ILL GIVE HIM SHIT TODAY. HE IS TAKING ME TO LUNCH.

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 07:27 AM
ah very good then ;)
when you headed up to the lake??

Focker
08-25-2005, 07:32 AM
ah very good then ;)
when you headed up to the lake??
HOPEFULLY WILL LEAVE SIMI BY 1PM TOMORROW

INSman
08-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Didn't even see you, sorry man :frown:
I must have been dazed after cleaning my boat for the previous (2) hours at Park Moabi, after towing from Powell to havasu in pretty bad weather, boat was hammered :squiggle:

INSman
08-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Better yet, Faye is taking us to lunch !! She is the one that wrote the business :D

Focker
08-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Better yet, Faye is taking us to lunch !! She is the one that wrote the business :D
HEY THE WIFE FINALLY LET YOU BACK ON THE BOARDS?

INSman
08-25-2005, 08:00 AM
HEY THE WIFE FINALLY LET YOU BACK ON THE BOARDS?
EZ there Mr. 95 posts !!! :hammerhea :messedup: :D

Focker
08-25-2005, 08:02 AM
CANT HELP THAT THE POST COUNT IS INCORRECT ITS ACTUALLY 2096

OGShocker
08-25-2005, 08:51 AM
HEY FOCKER WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT DAN???? IS HE HARD OF HEARING???

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Didn't even see you, sorry man :frown:
I must have been dazed after cleaning my boat for the previous (2) hours at Park Moabi, after towing from Powell to havasu in pretty bad weather, boat was hammered :squiggle:
You must have been pretty tired...
You kinda waved at us like you didn't know who we were :boxingguy

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 09:51 AM
too lazy to turn off the caps lock I reckon :rolleyes:

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 09:52 AM
HOPEFULLY WILL LEAVE SIMI BY 1PM TOMORROW
cool, see ya on the water bud :D

KROOZIN
08-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Maybe I missed it....but, how was Powell??

Focker
08-25-2005, 09:58 AM
NA
THE SOFTWARE WE USE AT WORK WHICH IS NEXT TO ARCHAIC IN AGE REQUIRES ALL CAPS SO I NEVER TURN OFF CAP LOCK. ITS A BITCH WHEN I HAVE TO REDO MEMOS

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Maybe I missed it....but, how was Powell??
he hasn't given us any indication yet...

KROOZIN
08-25-2005, 12:01 PM
he hasn't given us any indication yet...
I guess it didn't go so well???
Or maybe he's just busier than a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest :boxed:

OGShocker
08-25-2005, 12:03 PM
NA
THE SOFTWARE WE USE AT WORK WHICH IS NEXT TO ARCHAIC IN AGE REQUIRES ALL CAPS SO I NEVER TURN OFF CAP LOCK. ITS A BITCH WHEN I HAVE TO REDO MEMOS
Darn Apple Computers. :D

KROOZIN
08-25-2005, 12:05 PM
OG Shocker...how'd your detail turn out?

Focker
08-25-2005, 01:10 PM
I guess it didn't go so well???
Or maybe he's just busier than a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest :boxed:
THE BOY LOOKED TIRED FROM HIS POWELL TRIP. HAD A GOOD TIME BUT HAD A FEW BOAT ISSUES

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 01:30 PM
THE BOY LOOKED TIRED FROM HIS POWELL TRIP. HAD A GOOD TIME BUT HAD A FEW BOAT ISSUES
what issues?? talk to me gentlemen...

Beer-30
08-25-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm beginning to think those purple motors were someone else's, and there really are no "600 Raylars". :sleeping:
j/k

Focker
08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=Beer-30]I'm beginning to think those purple motors were someone else's, and there really are no "600 Raylars". :sleeping:
YA KNOW SALES GUYS
YA GOTTA TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT

Focker
08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
what issues?? talk to me gentlemen...
ILL LET BLANE TELL YA

dicudmore
08-25-2005, 02:59 PM
ILL LET BLANE TELL YA
Blane start talking

Focker
08-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Blane start talking
CALL ME

rvrhlic
08-25-2005, 06:19 PM
CALL ME
What's going with the engines? I am waiting to see what kind of performance Blaine is getting with them.

INSman
08-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Everything is fine and the install is scheduled for the weeks following Labor day.
My powell trip was great, has a small problem with some aftermarket drive showers, that Aaron kindly drove all the way to Powell to fix and ensure that I has a great vacation.
Stay tuned, the twin Purple Monsta's are coming !!! :D

Focker
08-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Everything is fine and the install is scheduled for the weeks following Labor day.
My powell trip was great, has a small problem with some aftermarket drive showers, that Aaron kindly drove all the way to Powell to fix and ensure that I has a great vacation.
i told u this thread was crazy

Raylar
08-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Guys:
Just thought I would post a follow-up on the boat that had a problem at Powell with our Raylar kit. Aaron at Absolute called me today to say that Phil's boat had a backed of rocker arm adjusting nut. He put on a new nut, adjusted the rocker and the boats ready for the water. I am sorry something simple like this happened at Powell on our customers vacation, but I am glad to hear nothing serious or damaging. as I have said before, we make pretty good stuff and I think our customers will expierence lots of trouble free operation. Occasionally something like this does happen and when its minor and non-damaging we feel very fortunate and I am sure the customer will feel the same.
Ray @ Raylar

TPI
08-31-2005, 07:00 AM
Blane,
When will your boat be on the water with the new motors?

Beer-30
08-31-2005, 07:02 AM
Blane,
When will your boat be on the water with the new motors?
Around Jan 28, for display at the boat show......LOL.

INSman
08-31-2005, 07:08 AM
Finally it looks like the stars and planets may align, and I am set to drop the boat off to Aaron @ Absolute this upcoming Monday. I am not rushing them at that point and everything should be dialed in within the following (3) weeks.
Why do you ask ? Planning a Havasu trip soon ?? When are you de-tuning your motor ?

dicudmore
08-31-2005, 07:13 AM
Finally it looks like the stars and planets may align, and I am set to drop the boat off to Aaron @ Absolute this upcoming Monday. I am not rushing them at that point and everything should be dialed in within the following (3) weeks.
Why do you ask ? Planning a Havasu trip soon ?? When are you de-tuning your motor ?
nice :D
Mr B, I want a full tour and a demo-ride :cool:

INSman
08-31-2005, 07:13 AM
nice :D
Mr B, I want a full tour and a demo-ride :cool:
you and me both !!! :hammerhea

dicudmore
08-31-2005, 07:19 AM
yeah this spring time project is definitely getting dragged out a bit...

Focker
08-31-2005, 08:18 AM
GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE AND GET THE PAPERWORK

INSman
08-31-2005, 03:31 PM
GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE AND GET THE PAPERWORK
I just have to take care of our fellow ***boater (Wet Willie), and then I am free, well almost free :supp: :D

Magic34
08-31-2005, 03:32 PM
I just have to take care of our fellow ***boater (Wet Willie), and then I am free, well almost free :supp: :D
Hope you charged him good. He can afford it. :D

INSman
08-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Hope you charged him good. He can afford it. :D
He may well be able to afford whatever, but all my clients get the best and most reasonable that is available to them in the market, I would say that I am like the Jay Photoglu of Insurance
like a sore d!*k, you can't beat it !!

Focker
08-31-2005, 03:43 PM
He may well be able to afford whatever, but all my clients get the best and most reasonable that is available to them in the market, I would say that I am like the Jay Photoglu of Insurance
THAT IS FOCKEN FUNNY

dicudmore
08-31-2005, 03:53 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

TPI
08-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Last time we spoke you had said Aug 1st I thought, and I am anxious to hear how it runs. I wont need to detune my motor, I will probably have to leave it alone just to keep up. Post some new pics if you got em.

INSman
09-01-2005, 07:35 AM
Last time we spoke you had said Aug 1st I thought, and I am anxious to hear how it runs. I wont need to detune my motor, I will probably have to leave it alone just to keep up. Post some new pics if you got em.
I am sure it will run well but nowhere near the 100 mark, so you a very safe even detuned. No new pics yet, but the project hopefully starts next week and ends soon thereafter :idea:

496POWER
09-08-2005, 12:25 AM
find here some test results for TRIPLE RAYLAR 525
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91213

Beer-30
11-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Here's Dicudmore's new motor for the Shadow.........right?
http://www.falconerengines.com/marine.jpg
630 HP
90 degree V-12
600 cid
1 or 2 Motec ECUs
More specs...
Benefits
Runs on 92 octane pump gas
Fully marinized exhaust

INSman
11-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Here's Dicudmore's new motor for the Shadow.........right?
http://www.falconerengines.com/marine.jpg
630 HP
90 degree V-12
600 cid
1 or 2 Motec ECUs
More specs...
Benefits
Runs on 92 octane pump gas
Fully marinized exhaust
What does this post have to do with Twin Raylar 600's ?? :hammerhea :D

Beer-30
11-12-2005, 02:50 PM
OUch. Sorry, I just knew that Dan was lurking in this thread alot. I didn't want to start a whole new thread, so this would give yours a bump.
Plus, it just kinda has to do with new powerplants in the 600 HP range.
It wasn't my intention to offend.

dicudmore
11-12-2005, 03:09 PM
speaking of "twins"
Nice to see you, your better half and kids earlier :D

dicudmore
11-12-2005, 03:09 PM
OUch. Sorry, I just knew that Dan was lurking in this thread alot. I didn't want to start a whole new thread, so this would give yours a bump.
Plus, it just kinda has to do with new powerplants in the 600 HP range.
It wasn't my intention to offend.
I don't think he gets offended easily :wink:

Beer-30
11-12-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't think he gets offended easily :wink:
:D

INSman
11-12-2005, 05:40 PM
No offense taken, as per Dan :rollside:
It was funny to see the post though as I know my boys were likely running the boat today with out me and doing some prop testing :yuk: :D

26_Daytona
11-21-2005, 05:21 PM
My Raylar 600 is almost done. I'm using a Prochager on mine and trying to get a 7psi pulley made.
I have seen someones oil cooler setup on here and I'm trying to find out where to buy it at. Do you have any idea where to get it ?
How come you didn't run the Dooley 14 quart oil pans on yours and are you running the Titan Billit Oil Pump ? I'm using the Titan, it's one trick unit ! It's a little spendy $972.00 and you have to do some mods to your main cap to get it fit, but it was worth it. It will keep the beast fed with plenty of cool oil.

shadow
11-21-2005, 05:23 PM
My Raylar 600 is almost done. I'm using a Prochager on mine and trying to get a 7psi pulley made.
I have seen someones oil cooler setup on here and I'm trying to find out where to buy it at. Do you have any idea where to get it ?
How come you didn't run the Dooley 14 quart oil pans on yours and are you running the Titan Billit Oil Pump ? I'm using the Titan, it's one trick unit ! It's a little spendy $972.00 and you have to do some mods to your main cap to get it fit, but it was worth it. It will keep the beast fed with plenty of cool oil.
HB member Franky makes the oil coolers and pulleys.

dicudmore
11-21-2005, 05:25 PM
HB member Franky makes the oil coolers and pulleys.
I second that :cool:

26_Daytona
11-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Does Franky have a website to order from ?

franky
12-22-2005, 05:30 PM
No Web page but you can PM me any time for details.

Escape Velocity
12-22-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm using the 14 qt. Dooley pan on my Raylar 600. Tyler Crockett recommended using this pan for his version of the 496 upgrades and Tyler has always been an extremely credible advisor. As you know it isn't cheap, but is very well made. We also installed a Melling high volume oil pump.
I'm using an oil cooler from Hardin Marine that contains an integral thermostat. I'm running in northern waters like you and it does a great job of allowing the oil temp to quickly come up to operating temperature and then hold it there even under long segments of poker runs. They sell a nice set of anodized billet cooler mounts that I used to mount the cooler off the back of the bell housing. I don't think I have a good picture but if I find one I'll attach it later. The cooler comes unpainted, and I painted mine black.

INSman
01-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Hold on to your hat folks, new GPS speedo readings to come on Sunday after we run these beasts with the newly reprogrammed ECM's by Dustin at Whipple and play with a few props !!! :2purples:

Phat Matt
01-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Hold on to your hat folks, new GPS speedo readings to come on Sunday after we run these beast with the newly reprogrammed ECM's by Dustin at Whipple and play with a few props !!! :2purples:
Good luck and keep us posted. :)

INSman
01-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Good luck and keep us posted. :)
I already got some killer numbers today from Brian at Absolute, just think I can squeeze a few more out with the nice labbed 32's that happen to be sitting in my garage as we speak !!! :)

Phat Matt
01-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I already got some killer numbers today from Brian at Absolute, just think I can squeeze a few more out with the nice labbed 32's that happen to be sitting in my garage as we speak !!! :)
Cool. :cool: Be careful.

INSman
01-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Cool. :cool: Be careful.
Careful is for pussies !!!! :messedup: :D

Kilrtoy
01-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Hold on to your hat folks, new GPS speedo readings to come on Sunday after we run these beasts with the newly reprogrammed ECM's by Dustin at Whipple and play with a few props !!! :2purples:
where you running, i have my laser, It dont lie

INSman
01-20-2006, 09:19 PM
where you running, i have my laser, It dont lie
No, I was not running but I will tomorrow with the right props I think !! :cool:

H20 Toie
01-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Well?????????? whats the story Blane

franky
01-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Careful is for pussies !!!! :messedup: :D
This coming from an insurance guy??
Saw you pull up to Absolute with a wet boat. I was at the 4way stop in the white Duramax with all the quads behind it.
And the answer is?

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:15 AM
The answer is that we have a VERY good number that makes me happy (finally) that I did this project, now we are playing around with props and the fuel in the new program. Won't have the BEST number until either I can make it out again or Absolute has some free time to play around with it some more. Unfortunately for me, their time costs me more $$$ :cool:

franky
01-22-2006, 08:36 AM
I'll do it for free. Where are the keys?
How did you like the new pulleys?

INSman
01-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Can you please call Brian or better yet, swing by Absolute when you get a chance ?? He said something about rubbing :confused:

franky
01-22-2006, 11:32 AM
And he didn't call me because?

Focker
01-22-2006, 01:01 PM
The answer is that we have a VERY good number that makes me happy (finally) that I did this project, now we are playing around with props and the fuel in the new program. Won't have the BEST number until either I can make it out again or Absolute has some free time to play around with it some more. Unfortunately for me, their time costs me more $$$ :cool:
ILL STILL KICK YOUR BUTT

Magic34
01-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Quit the BS....
How fast did it go?????
With the broadband box installed in the cabin, did it add any extra MPH?

Focker
01-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Quit the BS....
How fast did it go?????
RUMOR HAS IT WAS IN THE MID 60'S

INSman
01-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Quit the BS....
How fast did it go?????
How fast is that sled of yours ?? Then I will tell you how fast :)

Phat Matt
01-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Are you sorry you asked? :eek:

Phat Matt
01-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Spill the beans.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 04:05 PM
I heard you blew the motors, next time get turn key BLUE MOTORS

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 04:11 PM
84.5 with two BLUE MOTORS 30inch stock props
if you are not doing 94+ with 1200HP and a boat that weights less than mine you need to get your money back

dicudmore
01-22-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm going to Havi in the morning...where are the keys??
EVERYBODY will get an unbiased answer about how she runs :cool: :cool:

Phat Matt
01-22-2006, 04:32 PM
84 with stock HO's and labbed 30's. :)

franky
01-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Are you sorry you asked? :eek:
Not at all. I wanted to know how he liked the looks but was kind of surprised that Brian didn't say anything to me so we could figure out the problem. We worked pretty close on making the lower idler bigger and hollowed out to clear the tensioner stub. Then when we found out the stock serpetine belt would not work witrh the smaller upper idler, I made a bigger billet one and dropped it off over a wwek ago. R&D ya know.
Customer feedback is a good thing. These were kind of one off idlers since we found out the 2005 496 had a different idler set up.
Thanks for asking.

INSman
01-22-2006, 04:36 PM
84.5 with two BLUE MOTORS 30inch stock props
if you are not doing 94+ with 1200HP and a boat that weights less than mine you need to get your money back
EZ there Mr. Mercury !!! :)
Let's just say, close enough to smell it with some more prop testing, fuel curve tweaks and such. I bet you have NO mufflers Mel !!??!! :argue:

Phat Matt
01-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Not at all. I wanted to know how he liked the looks but was kind of surprised that Brian didn't say anything to me so we could figure out the problem. We worked pretty close on making the lower idler bigger and hollowed out to clear the tensioner stub. Then when we found out the stock serpetine belt would not work witrh the smaller upper idler, I made a bigger billet one and dropped it off over a wwek ago. R&D ya know.
Customer feedback is a good thing. These were kind of one off idlers since we found out the 2005 496 had a different idler set up.
Thanks for asking.
He has said that they look real good. :) That's what R&D is all about. :D

dicudmore
01-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Let's just say, close enough to smell it with some more prop testing, fuel curve tweaks and such. I bet you have NO mufflers Mel !!??!! :argue:
tweak this and tweak that...
I'm heading out tomorrow...Where are the keys??

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 07:40 PM
get your money back JK LMAO

INSman
01-22-2006, 07:54 PM
get your money back JK LMAO
Not only do you likely not have mufflers, but you have a "Closed Bow" too !! Both of those add up to more than a few MPH at the HP we are running. Just ask Barry from Shockwave what his boat ran with the mufflers and then a few minutes later when the mufflers made their way to the bottom of the river !!
I have both an Open Bow and mufflers and I will still be passing you bye :)
AND, any more of your bad attitude will all but eliminate your receiving any of our Super Premium Jello Shots you have previosly been accustom to in the future :220v:

INSman
01-22-2006, 07:56 PM
tweak this and tweak that...
I'm heading out tomorrow...Where are the keys??
Stop by Absolute and ask Brian to take you out with him as soon as he plugs in the new fuel settings into the piggyback computer (2 minute deal) :cool:

dicudmore
01-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Not only do you likely not have mufflers, but you have a "Closed Bow" too !! Both of those add up to more than a few MPH at the HP we are running. Just ask Barry from Shockwave what his boat ran with the mufflers and then a few minutes later when the mufflers made their way to the bottom of the river !!
AND, any more of your bad attitude will all but eliminate your receiving any of our Super Premium Jello Shots you have previosly been accustom to in the future :220v:
uh oh...Dan <---- hoping to stay on the jello shot list :cool:

INSman
01-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks for asking.
They look GREAT Franky, and I assume Brian did not figure the fit issue out until sometime after you left. Probably something simple to get it to work right :cool:

dicudmore
01-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Stop by Absolute and ask Brian to take you out with him as soon as he plugs in the new fuel settings into the piggyback computer (2 minute deal) :cool:
me: Brian lets go take Blane's boat out, he said it would be ok :cool:
Brian: :220v: :220v: :crossx:

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:18 PM
me: Brian lets go take Blane's boat out, he said it would be ok :cool:
Brian: :220v: :220v: :crossx:
Nope, cuz when Brian takes Blane's boat out for testing, Blane get's bill shortly thereafter :cool:

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:19 PM
uh oh...Dan <---- hoping to stay on the jello shot list :cool:
smart man :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
01-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Just put some boxes and shorties on there and call it a day.
Hey- it's only money.

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Just put some boxes and shorties on there and call it a day.
Hey- it's only money.
Funny you say that as shorties will be ordered on Tuesday, no boxes for the time being :)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
MMMMMMM lets see 600HP X2 VS 470HP X2 mmm you better pass me up. lets see how long they last LMAO
and leave the jello shots out of this that's not fair

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Funny you say that as shorties will be ordered on Tuesday, no boxes for the time being :)
all of this to be in front of me LMAO

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:36 PM
MMMMMMM lets see 600HP X2 VS 470HP X2 mmm you better pass me up. lets see how long they last LMAO
and leave the jello shots out of this that's not fair
You know that 470 of yours is at prop shaft and my 600 is NOT !!!!

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:38 PM
all of this to be in front of me LMAO
Shockwave made me do it, they said "No Commander in front of you" !! :rollside:

Kilrtoy
01-22-2006, 08:39 PM
100MPH as of now and it will be just a few over that in a few weeks...
NOW PUT UP OR SHUT UP BLAINE...
HOW FAST......
:idea:

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:40 PM
HOW FAST......
This question only applied to Magic34 :hammerhea :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Shockwave made me do it, they said "No Commander in front of you" !! :rollside:
LMAO tell Berry he aint right

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:43 PM
LMAO tell Berry he aint right
I would, but I am pretty sure he ALREADY knows he ain't right !! :)

Kachina26
01-22-2006, 08:43 PM
HOW FAST......
I know the numbers, neener neener neener!

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:45 PM
I know the numbers, neener neener neener!
Figures, what don't you know ??!!?? :cry:
But, those will NOT be the final numbers once all is said and done and it runs STRONG !! :cool:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 08:49 PM
But, those will NOT be the final numbers once all is said and done and it runs STRONG !! :cool:
just spill it what are the numbers

Kachina26
01-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Just remember, what you saw likely won't be your summer time numbers. BTW, thanx for the dinner invite, we ended up doing Lin's chinese over there by safeway. It is very good!

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Just remember, what you saw likely won't be your summer time numbers. BTW, thanx for the dinner invite, we ended up doing Lin's chinese over there by safeway. It is very good!
It was better that you didn't come, as I guess it was PROM and we drove to like (5) places that were JAMMED before going to Casa Serrano or whatever it is. What a pain in the a$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Focker
01-22-2006, 08:58 PM
It was better that you didn't come, as I guess it was PROM and we drove to like (5) places that were JAMMED before going to Casa Serrano or whatever it is. What a pain in the a$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
:argue: :argue: :argue:

INSman
01-22-2006, 08:59 PM
:argue: :argue: :argue:
Hey Focker, what the FOCK ??!!?? :)

INSman
01-22-2006, 09:00 PM
just spill it what are the numbers
(2) weeks and we should be pretty much dialed in , but I can say that we are working off of a 90 mph base :rollside:

Kilrtoy
01-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Hell winter formal and the RODEO were in town, We got lucky at Chili's last night, right in before the crowd hit

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
(2) weeks and we should be pretty much dialed in , but I can say that we are working off of a 90 mph base :rollside:
that's it 90 base after all that money, time new this new that etc etc
thats only 6 mph faster than my 500hps mmmmmmm
:argue:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
it's winter

INSman
01-22-2006, 09:16 PM
that's it 90 base after all that money, time new this new that etc etc
thats only 6 mph faster than my 500hps mmmmmmm
:argue:
I must reiterate, NO mufflers and Closed Bow vs mufflers and open bow and cost less than those 500 HP's that they don't make any more because there is no closed cooling !!! :rollside: :)
It will be 10+ when we are done !!!

dicudmore
01-22-2006, 09:18 PM
I must reiterate, NO mufflers and Closed Bow vs mufflers and open bow and cost less than those 500 HP's that they don't make any more because there is no closed cooling !!! :rollside: :)
this combo you are running will be much easier for the next guy to sort out...
You've already done all the homework, and trial...and lost an entire season of boating in the project.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 09:19 PM
I am just messing with you LMAO

Focker
01-22-2006, 10:31 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-22-2006, 10:32 PM
LMAO

dicudmore
01-22-2006, 10:32 PM
what are you doing up so late?

Focker
01-22-2006, 10:52 PM
taxes
tis the 5th season

INSman
01-23-2006, 08:15 AM
I am just messing with you LMAO
I know that, you are still on the Jello Shot list for now !! :cool:
At the end of the day, I don't need to go 95 with the kids in the boat anyway, it will only justify in my head what I have invested in the project which was A LOT less than the 525's would have run me, but who knows on resale.