PDA

View Full Version : Lake saguaro.......?????????

a catered life
06-27-2005, 09:20 AM
anyone heard of it? its located in arizona....any info would be helpful :confused: a friend is having a party there in july and was wondering about the lake and surrounding area :frown:

cdog
06-27-2005, 09:24 AM
anyone heard of it? its located in arizona....any info would be helpful :confused: a friend is having a party there in july and was wondering about the lake and surrounding area :frown:
I should tell you that it sucks.....But it's a good time. I took my old schiada there in the middle of summer a nd it was alot of fun. They have a beach area that everyone party's at, kinda like the sandbar and the scottsdale nightlife is always a good time. You'll love it.

BigDogIvan
06-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Personaly The lake sucks. But if you do go get there EARLY!!! or you will be in line to get in. Then it's one boat out one boat in.
BD

Jordy
06-27-2005, 09:29 AM
It's actually Saguaro Lake. It's out in the East Valley and is the lowest in the chain of Salt River lakes. It's a fun lake, and there is a beach up at the top part of it. However, if you're not on the water early you end up sitting out in a parking lot North of the lake until it clears out some. Also, the last few times we've been out there, the water has been a disgusting brown algae color and the dead fish have been out in force. It's something that happens every year when it heats up. The algae bloom and suffocate the fish. Should be clearing up directly though. The boat ramps and parking are also kind of a pain in the ass if you have anything over about a 25' boat. I like it because of the beach, then again I'm kind of leary of tying up in the big floats and letting people I don't know trample all over my boat. ;)

KACHINA KEN
06-27-2005, 10:13 AM
It's great during the week when nobody is around, I hope your friend gets the party spot early, Saguaro is the preferred lake of our Latino population here and most of the banks and available tables are occupied very early.

bajabri
06-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Had to miss OP6C last weekend but pulled a day trip at Saguaro instead...water was good, not really crowded...beach at party cove was full of good peeps...also got to watch the forest service choppers suck water from the lake next to us at the beach...all in all good show and a good time
Would recommend...

KACHINA KEN
06-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the boards Brian.

a catered life
06-27-2005, 10:59 AM
the water has been a disgusting brown algae color and the dead fish have been out in force. It's something that happens every year when it heats up. The algae bloom and suffocate the fish. Should be clearing up directly though. . ;)
:confused: how the hell do you suffocate a fish....... :jawdrop: now thats scary...thanks for the clear details jordy :D

bajabri
06-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the boards Brian.
Thanks...glad to be here...really enjoy the time spent at the boards...never fails to bring a chuckle or two....... :D :D

thom
06-27-2005, 01:20 PM
It's actually Saguaro Lake. It's out in the East Valley and is the lowest in the chain of Salt River lakes. It's a fun lake, and there is a beach up at the top part of it. However, if you're not on the water early you end up sitting out in a parking lot North of the lake until it clears out some. Also, the last few times we've been out there, the water has been a disgusting brown algae color and the dead fish have been out in force. It's something that happens every year when it heats up. The algae bloom and suffocate the fish. Should be clearing up directly though. The boat ramps and parking are also kind of a pain in the ass if you have anything over about a 25' boat. I like it because of the beach, then again I'm kind of leary of tying up in the big floats and letting people I don't know trample all over my boat. ;)
Thats sad to hear about the algae.. Years ago that used to be a nice lake.. WE used to go there all the time when i was in high school.
Bartlett was always fun too

Jordy
06-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Thats sad to hear about the algae.. Years ago that used to be a nice lake.. WE used to go there all the time when i was in high school.
Bartlett was always fun too
Apparently it's some kind of algae that nothing eats so it gets out of control when it first warms up, or so I've been told.
As far as Bartlett, it's a fun lake if you take the party with you or want to have your own little party back in a cove somewhere. ;)
Oh, and last I heard, the road to Bartlett is still closed because of the fires. :frown:

PHX ATC
06-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Water quality sucks, you can't see your knees whilst swimming. Warm, algae, 5 minutes and you're at the end, then you've got to idle 15 minutes to get to "thong beach."
What do I know, I don't even own a boat anymore. :D

Jordy
06-27-2005, 04:11 PM
What do I know, I don't even own a boat anymore. :D
I was going to make a comment about your horses swimming very fast. Then again, if everything wasn't closed you could find your way down to the beach by land. We've been out there and had guys pull up on dirt bikes. Just follow one of the washes down from somewhere on the 4 Peaks road. ;)

Big Warlock
06-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Don't even think about drinking on that lake. They have the ramps covered in the evening and check everyone out. I would bet more BUIs are given there than the other lakes in the Phoenix area.
Like it was said, small lake, lots of algea (sp?) and if your not early, there is a assembly area where you wait. At the end of the lake, going upstream, there is a long no wake zone and then a party zone. Lots of boats on a sandbar and the bigger boats tied up.
Hope that helps....

Sane Asylum
06-27-2005, 04:47 PM
1) There's always a wait in the "upper" parking lot.
2) Dunno how big your boat is but the ramps are a huge pain in the ass.
3) 5 minute ride to the end of the lake...
4) The brown algae puts some funk on your boat that's pain in the ass to get off.
5) There's always a an OUI funnel at the ramp. Big Warlock's correct...They check everyone and give more OUI's there than probably anyplace. The Sherrifs office is at the ramp.
6) Pain in the ass to get too.
7) Jordy used to hang out there until he bought the badass Spectre.....
Tell your buddy to have his party at Canyon lake.....Still small but beautiful and the people that boat there are the best. The sandbar is kickin and a great place for the kids......

Jordy
06-27-2005, 04:49 PM
7) Jordy used to hang out there until he bought the badass Spectre.....
I still go there. I was there the second time I took the badass Spectre out. That was the big boat pain in the ass comment, backing around that turn on ramp 2. ;)
I still like Saguaro just for the simple fact that there is a beach to hang out on. I hate rafting up with people I don't know as that's how shit gets torn up and shit. ;)

89checkmate
06-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Here is some Phoenix lake info:
http://www.arizona-leisure.com/phoenix-lakes-boating.html

PHX ATC
06-27-2005, 08:07 PM
I still go there. I was there the second time I took the badass Spectre out. That was the big boat pain in the ass comment, backing around that turn on ramp 2. ;)
The message must be buried on my phone to come out to the lake and "help out". I better go check my messages. I'm sure I will feel bad that I missed the message you left to come out to the lake. :D

Jordy
06-27-2005, 08:08 PM
The message must be buried on my phone to come out to the lake and "help out". I better go check my messages. I'm sure I will feel bad that I missed the message you left to come out to the lake. :D
I called and called and the phone rang and rang and finally some lady answered that didn't sound like you and said she didn't know you. ;)
Besides, last time I was out there I had 4 other people with me and that's full up in my canoe. ;)

PHX ATC
06-27-2005, 08:19 PM
I called and called and the phone rang and rang and finally some lady answered that didn't sound like you and said she didn't know you. ;)
Besides, last time I was out there I had 4 other people with me and that's full up in my canoe. ;)
Musta been my wife!! :D
I don't blame you, 4 is a crowd already. ;)