PDA

View Full Version : B of A sux!!!!!

topless
06-28-2005, 11:21 AM
A co-worker just deposited 1000.00 in her checing account...IN CASH and now only has 200.00 available thru the ATM which charges her 2.00 using the B of A ATM. WTF?????? She called the bank and they said unless you specify that you want your money available, you can't have it. I'm sooooo glad I closed my account with them years ago. :hammerhea :mad:

Unforgiven
06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
A co-worker just deposited 1000.00 in her checing account...IN CASH and now only has 200.00 available thru the ATM which charges her 2.00 using the B of A ATM. WTF?????? She called the bank and they said unless you specify that you want your money available, you can't have it. I'm sooooo glad I closed my account with them years ago. :hammerhea :mad:
B of A....Bunch of Assholes

76ANTHONY
06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
ok let me get this straight. you have to tell them you want YOUR money, wth :supp:

Sleek-Jet
06-28-2005, 11:24 AM
ok let me get this straight. you have to tell them you want YOUR money, wth :supp:
They hold any deposit over a couple hundred for 7 days...

Her454
06-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Most banking institutions have that policy for checks or drafts (unless its a Government Check usually) and there is usually a time period before funds will actually be posted and released for withdrawal - but I've never heard of that for cash. It could be that her account is set up to only withdraw 200.00 per day via an ATM machine.

a catered life
06-28-2005, 11:25 AM
credit unions all the way :D

topless
06-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Most banking institutions have that policy for checks or drafts (unless its a Government Check usually) and there is usually a time period before funds will actually be posted and released for withdrawal - but I've never heard of that for cash. It could be that her account is set up to only withdraw 200.00 per day via an ATM machine.
no, they told her that after 48 hours she can withdraw as much as she wants. She is PISSED. I can't say I blame her. My credit union lets me take out all I want as long I go inside to make a deposit instead of the ATM and I only deposit checks.

Boozer
06-28-2005, 11:35 AM
no, they told her that after 48 hours she can withdraw as much as she wants. She is PISSED. I can't say I blame her. My credit union lets me take out all I want as long I go inside to make a deposit instead of the ATM and I only deposit checks.
B of A is the same way. The key is going inside and depositing the check with a teller directly. The teller will remove the hold if you ask them too. The only time they WONT remove the hold is if it's a large personal check or insurance check.
WAMU, Wells Fargo, and just about every other bank I can think of does it this way as well.

ELIMINAT THIS
06-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Ok why did she deposit the whole $1000 if she was just going to take some of it back out. :messedup:

topless
06-28-2005, 11:44 AM
B of A is the same way. The key is going inside and depositing the check with a teller directly. The teller will remove the hold if you ask them too. The only time they WONT remove the hold is if it's a large personal check or insurance check.
WAMU, Wells Fargo, and just about every other bank I can think of does it this way as well.
This is B of A and it WAS cash and she did go inside. I don't see why you have to ask them to remove a hold on your cash......

Squirtin Thunder
06-28-2005, 11:44 AM
They hold any deposit over a couple hundred for 7 days...
"Deposit Cash"
Immediate Release and Credit to Account inside at the Teller window

topless
06-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Ok why did she deposit the whole $1000 if she was just going to take some of it back out. :messedup:She wasn't going to just take it out but wanted to know the what if's. What if she got stranded and needed cash??? Not that she was going to turn around and take it out but still you'd think it would be available.

Her454
06-28-2005, 11:47 AM
FYI some interesting reading..........
http://stupidevilbastard.com/index/icyblue/comments/idiocy_at_bank_of_america/

Rexone
06-28-2005, 11:47 AM
The problem is obvious...
Banks SUCK, as well as utility companys.
:smile:

topless
06-28-2005, 11:48 AM
The problem is obvious...
Banks SUCK, as well as utility companys.
:smile:
Don't forget RD ;)

Her454
06-28-2005, 11:52 AM
ID 267140
Position Type Part-Time Employee
Company Name Bank of America
Location Tampa, FL
Salary Unspecified
Date Posted June 22, 2005
Experience 1-2 Years Experience
View Bank of America profile and job listings
ATM Deposit Processing Department
Receive, Match, Prep ATM work. Must be able to count to 10, and then count it backwards. Operate vending machine and to extract available candy per breaks. Sort items in proper color coded bundles for processing. OPEX/Cash deposits in a slow-pace highly unsecure environment per established Nationwide Guidelines. Inability to process large volume of cash deposits within prescribed teller limits per established validation procedures.
Good hand-eye cordination and Monopoly cash handling experience preferred. Must be very flexiable with hours and work late evening to balance common **** ups. Be able to stand for long periods of time while customers scream at you for said **** ups. Be able to lift a max of 55 pounds.
Schedule: Mon 6:00pm - close, Tuesday thru Friday 7:00pm to close. (28 hours)
Benefits available including tuition and child care reimbursement.

Cole
06-28-2005, 11:52 AM
This makes zero sence...any deposit at B of A will be credited that night unless specified for a immediate credit, they should NOT hold cash longer than a normal deposit unless she has banking issues..accounts holds or NSFs

dmontzsta
06-28-2005, 11:54 AM
I have been using them since 1995 and never had a problem.

Sleek-Jet
06-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Right off the BofA website::
When are funds available after deposit?
Usually on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. However, depending on the type and amount of your deposit, we may delay the availability of your funds for up to 11 business days. If we delay the availability of funds, we send you a notice and tell you when the funds will be available. A delay may occur under the following circumstances:
You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 in one day.
You re-deposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
We believe a check you deposit won't be paid.
You've overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months.
There is an emergency such as an equipment failure.
For more information on the circumstances under which a delay may occur, refer to the disclosures you receive with your account set-up materials.
So there are ways they can hold a cash deposit... :hammer2:

Danhercules
06-28-2005, 12:31 PM
B of A is the same way. The key is going inside and depositing the check with a teller directly. .
Yea, but then you get hit with a teller fee. NO JOKE. If you dont have the rigth account, you get charged for going to the teller. WTF!!!!!

hoolign
06-28-2005, 12:57 PM
I have been using them since 1995 and never had a problem.
That's cause they know you drive a maxima, if you ripped them off on a Saturday, Monday morning the security gaurd could just walk down 4 blocks and tap on your window during your high speed getaway :D

Angry Inch
06-28-2005, 01:00 PM
OCTFCU And yes RD sucks too :lightsabe :mix: :boxingguy :mix:

Rev. Williams
06-28-2005, 01:11 PM
I've known this for years !!!!!!!!!!!!
I worked for them a while back in the HQ area. We had several meetings to go over how we could NOT deal with non-business account holders. The funds on deposit from individual holders is such a small % of their total that they really could do without you (and woudl like that). The main reason a branch is open to the general public is for lending purposes.
My best story is when I had a check from my broker for a few thousand, it was written on a B of A account, and the teller was going to charge me a $5 transaction fee to cash it since I don't bank with them. I bitched at them for a bit then said okay, then they told me I should just go to my bank to cash it...(it was too far away and late, so I couldn't) So to get even, when they asked how I would like the money.... I said ALL IN SINGLES !!!! I told her right to her face that if I'm paying $5 for this I wanna make you work!!! It was classic !! I walked out of there with bricks of singles and grinning ear to ear.
Ya, BofA can blow me !!!

Wet Dream
06-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Just a quick question. Why would she deposit $1000 in cash if she wanted it back right away?

topless
06-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Just a quick question. Why would she deposit $1000 in cash if she wanted it back right away?I answered that already.

Wet Dream
06-28-2005, 01:22 PM
OK. :D I usually read all posts before responding, but I thought I would jump in with that.

totenhosen
06-28-2005, 01:24 PM
My best story is when I had a check from my broker for a few thousand, it was written on a B of A account, and the teller was going to charge me a $5 transaction fee to cash it since I don't bank with them. I bitched at them for a bit then said okay, then they told me I should just go to my bank to cash it...(it was too far away and late, so I couldn't) So to get even, when they asked how I would like the money.... I said ALL IN SINGLES !!!! I told her right to her face that if I'm paying $5 for this I wanna make you work!!! It was classic !! I walked out of there with bricks of singles and grinning ear to ear.
Ya, BofA can blow me !!!
That is f-ing classic!

R.A.D.man
06-28-2005, 02:09 PM
I was at a BOA not long ago and a lady had a check to deposit for about $400.00 and asked before doing so how soon the money would be available, this was a Saturday and the teller told her Tuesday which is after the next business day. The funny part was another customer says "if you deposit that, some of it will be available today, I do it all the time," the lady looked at the teller who raised her hands and shoulders effectively saying I am not aware of that and then she decided to make the deposit anyway, walked over to the ATM and had no money available. She then got back in line and made it back to the same teller wondering why she had no money available. The teller looked and first determined that some portion of that money was going to bring her back to a positive balance and the rest would be available Tuesday. Of course she was pissed and demanded her check back so she could go to a check cashing place. That didn't work, the manager got involved and security almost did as well. It was fun to watch, I thought the girl who convinced her to make the deposit was going to get clocked for a little while, the irate customer pretty much split the blame between her and the teller while keeping none for herself. Hey it's not her fault she couldn't pay attention or obviously her bills.

Boatcop
06-28-2005, 02:40 PM
I guess it depends on the Bank Branch. I've been with BofA here in Parker for years. If I make a deposit in the ATM (checks only, never deposit cash in an ATM), only about $100-$200 of that deposit is available immediately (depending on the size of the deposit)
If I deposit it at the teller, it's all avaliable immediately.
Both me and Mrs. BoatCop have direct deposit of our meager paychecks, so that may be a factor. And we also pay no fees. No teller fee. No monthly fee. No per check fee. Nothing, Nada.
Except, of course if we use a non BofA ATM. The it's 1-2 bucks for the non BofA bank, and $1-$2 for BofA.
Tip of the week:
If you need cash, but don't have your own ATM handy, go to a supermarket (Vons, Safeway, Albertson, doesn't matter). Buy a pack of gum, use the ATM card and get cash back. No fees, and your breath will smell minty fresh, too. :D

topless
06-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Tip of the week:
If you need cash, but don't have your own ATM handy, go to a supermarket (Vons, Safeway, Albertson, doesn't matter). Buy a pack of gum, use the ATM card and get cash back. No fees, and your breath will smell minty fresh, too. :D
LMAO..........

welk2party
06-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Tip of the week:
You don't even need to buy the gum to get some cash. ;)

rsoscia
06-28-2005, 03:52 PM
i closed my account when they took over Security Pacific Bank... B of A S U C K S... I wouldnt bank with them if they were the last bank on earth

AzMandella
06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
My wife and I got fed up with B of A and closed our accounts there.We went in after all checks had cleared the account and sat down and filled out the paperwork and they handed us our money.One month later we get a statement saying the balance was 0 but had a monthly service charge of a couple of dollars.So I call the bank and tell them the account had been closed a month ago and we owed them nothing.They said the account was still open but they would look into it.A few days later they called back and said it was all taken care of.Thenext month came and the same thing.It took the dumbasses 3 trys to close the account.And the reason we closed it was because our checking account never balanced out,it was always short by 10 or 20 or 4 dollars and I do all our finances on quicken.I'd take all my printouts down and we could agree where the account balanced out and track it from there.then run the math,in which after checking it and verifying that every transaction since then was recorded by them and us and agreeing that it all matched,it would not balance and they told us OH WELL WE CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT.So I told them to shove it.We opened new accounts with Compass 2 yrs ago or so and it has always balanced to the penney.I know other people that have had the same problem.B of A is the biggest bunch of dumbasses in the banking industry.

Sigus
06-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Two words
WELLS FARGO[COLOR=Red]

ChumpChange
06-28-2005, 04:21 PM
A co-worker just deposited 1000.00 in her checing account...IN CASH and now only has 200.00 available thru the ATM which charges her 2.00 using the B of A ATM.
So she banks at BofA and tries to withdraw from a BofA ATM and they still charge her $2.00? You sure???? Cuz I don't think so. Banks don't charge you for using their OWN ATMs.