PDA

View Full Version : Windsor Beach Ramp Etiquatte

TCHB
06-28-2005, 07:40 PM
My wife wants to know why you guys sit in the launch area clogging up the ramp. I agree!!!! When your trailer is not in the water stay away from the launch area. Last week a guy in a fountain just sat there like an idiot while his girl friend went walking up the parking lot for the trailer. He caused a big mess by being a idiot. Maybe they need a sign to stay out until trailer is ready.

LVJAKAZ
06-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I know what you mean... thats why I back the trailer down the ramp now... it can be very frustrating to all involved :)

Kilrtoy
06-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I dont think its peeps from here...
I have seen alot of people from here launch and all of them are very fast and effiecent...
Its the other jackasses.....

Wonderboy
06-28-2005, 07:56 PM
I hate that. It does seem like it happens a lot at Windsor though for some reason.

LVJAKAZ
06-28-2005, 07:56 PM
I have seen alot of people from here launch and all of them are very fast and effiecent...
What Jakaz? not me im very fast and effiecent...:) :)

Kilrtoy
06-28-2005, 07:58 PM
What Jakaz? not me im very fast and effiecent...:) :)
Ok except the above jackazz, its the others.......

LVJAKAZ
06-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Ok except the above jackazz, its the others.......
Thank You... and i agree :) :)

TCHB
06-28-2005, 08:01 PM
When my wife is coming in you better get out of the way!! She said no more nice lady!!!!!

wantacat
06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
I agree!! I hate that crap. It happens to me all the time, especially at Lake Elsinore. I use the main marina and people always have to freakin tie their boat up almost alll the way up so that they can slide their boat on their trailer because they dont know how to drive it on. Freakin unbelivable!!! Go outside the bouys and wait till your trailer backs down!!!!

LVJAKAZ
06-28-2005, 08:08 PM
I always tell people "GET OUT OF MY WAY" :)

Floored
06-28-2005, 09:06 PM
two story trailer with 4 lice on top to winch down to the water 1 at a time then must start them and check them before moving :squiggle: :(

bordsmnj
06-28-2005, 09:13 PM
gotta luv that place..... :hammer2:

Burley1
06-28-2005, 09:56 PM
My wife wants to know why you guys sit in the launch area clogging up the ramp. I agree!!!! When your trailer is not in the water stay away from the launch area. Last week a guy in a fountain just sat there like an idiot while his girl friend went walking up the parking lot for the trailer. He caused a big mess by being a idiot. Maybe they need a sign to stay out until trailer is ready.
Tony,
You are so right but let me take it one step further, some AZZhole hit my wifes new SUV "Denali" and tore a big hole in the front bumper and didn't even leave a note. Why is it people pull a trailer but don't know how to pull one!!!! :mad:

JetBoatRich
06-29-2005, 04:54 AM
It is always someone else :idea:

AZKC
06-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Last time I loaded up I backed the trailer in, locked the doors and walked over to the dock to get the boat, idled over and loaded up. Nobody seemed to mind. But it was 9:30pm on a Sunday at the Bluewater :D

roostwear
06-29-2005, 06:54 AM
I wish it was people that aren't on the board, but there are some HERE that don't have any ramp etiquette. In and out.....don't F around or wipe down your boat in the turnaround.

dicudmore
06-29-2005, 07:15 AM
they do the same thing in the marina... float sideways around the gas dock or even right behind the ramp... can't get to your trailer that is in the water because some fuc*wad that thinks he owns the lake has the whole damn water-way blocked...
I'm typically NOT bashful about saying something (coming around ya! nice parking spot!) and/or idling past within inches of them to get to my trailer.
I wait in the bay until I see my truck at the top of the ramp, and start working my way through the traffic jam as they back down. Typically I'll hit the trailer while my better half is still backing up. She hops out and hooks the winch strap and we're out ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
06-29-2005, 07:25 AM
We also launch and the boat idles out away from the ramp until the tow vehicle driver comes back to get on the boat. When retrieving at the end of the day, we drop the tow vehicle driver off and again, the boat idles out away from the ramp. We also use the FRS two-way radios in the afternoon to let the boat know where the tow vehicle is in relation to the retrieve line.

dirty old man
06-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Thats not exclusive to the Windsor Ramp - its universal. Sounds like everyone here however, does the perfect thing and the people who don't know any better aren't reading this anyway

dicudmore
06-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Thats not exclusive to the Windsor Ramp - its universal. Sounds like everyone here however, does the perfect thing and the people who don't know any better aren't reading this anyway
perhaps but its nice to vent sometimes :wink:

RexRathburn
06-29-2005, 07:39 AM
It's pretty frustrating to be sitting on the "outside" waiting for your trailer and have to play slalom to get to it when it backs down. :devil: Last time this happened to me at Havasu I got all 9's and 10's from the drunks at the ramp rating people on their trailer loading skills. :p

R.A.D.man
06-29-2005, 08:36 AM
I came back to a ramp once and there was a boat sideways blocking 2 of 3 lanes and no one seemed to be with the boat. As I walked to my truck, there was a guy changing his bunk boards, it was his boat. He figured he could just park it there. This place even had several courtesy slips right there and they were vacant. The lake was slow that day but not that slow.

Krumbsnatcher
06-29-2005, 10:51 AM
did it have Yardhouse on the side?

Kilrtoy
06-29-2005, 11:05 AM
I wish it was people that aren't on the board, but there are some HERE that don't have any ramp etiquette. In and out.....don't F around or wipe down your boat in the turnaround.
Well, with that said, SAY THEIR NAMES.....
They need to put on the spot.....

djunkie
06-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Wow. This is why I DON'T launch at Windsor. I hate that place. Where I launch I never have these problems. That place is a ZOO on the weekend.

FORUM-BAD-ASS
06-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Post the SOMEABITCHES names people get your head outa yer ASS'S when launching wipe it down ELSEWHERE also dont let your wifes back the trailer down if they dont know what there DOING!! this weekend ought to be real FUN!! :hammer2: :hammer2:

Havasteve
06-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Came in to Windsor after sundown last night, some guy on a new pontoon sitting there with no nav lights on and headlights on the boat blinding everyone coming in, That was a stupid idea putting headlights on pontoons, now you can see them all over the place at night killing peoples night vision.

liquidasset
06-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Winsor no more. I thought it would get better when they put in the jet ski ramp. Cramp all the jet skiers that shouldn't have jet skis, now are buying :squiggle: boats.

CandyA$$
06-29-2005, 12:08 PM
You need to get the crowd to sit on a bench near by and make loud comments as this sh!it is happening.
I know I see it all the time at Martinez.

jackpunx
06-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Most of the time I have someone to drive the truck.. but not always.. And I'll tie my boat up while I go get the truck..most people are scared to drive my boat on the trailer..
generally I can do it faster by myself then most can with two people..
and I dont launch at windsor

liquidasset
06-29-2005, 12:15 PM
You need to get the crowd to sit on a bench near by and make loud comments as this sh!it is happening.
I know I see it all the time at Martinez.
You should see the crowd over at site 6 on the holiday weekend its a blast.
They have signs and hecklers galore it's really funny to watch.

Kilrtoy
06-29-2005, 12:16 PM
You should see the crowd over at site 6 on the holiday weekend its a blast.
They have signs and hecklers galore it's really funny to watch.
I think I will join them.......
that is always good for a laugh

CandyA$$
06-29-2005, 12:18 PM
If there is a line and/or a crowd I will not even get the trailer, I make the man get it, he is quick.

liquidasset
06-29-2005, 12:18 PM
I think I will join them.......
that is always good for a laugh
I usually do untill we run out of beer!! :cool:

TCHB
06-29-2005, 03:32 PM
It sounds like everyone has the same problems with the ramps. I think people do not even understand what they are doing wrong.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-29-2005, 08:53 PM
OK.....
Here's the list.....
(1) Get your shiat ready before you get to the ramp.....
(2) Pull into the pre-launch area straight the first time......
(3) Turn off your F'ing head lights, fog lights, driving lights.....Parking lights are OK...
(4) You should have made sure your boat was going to start before you got to the ramp......
(5) You should have practiced backing down with your wife or GF during the winter......
(6) Taking up 3 slots because you are an idiot in unacceptable......
(7) Carry a set of cheap FRS radios....leave one in the boat & one in the truck....Talk to each other while your heading down to the ramp, or while she's backing in.....
(8) Tell her how far to back it in BEFORE she does it alone.....Screaming does not make it any better.....
(9) Have her practice backing down during the winter.....Oh....Did I say that already....
(10) Turn those stupid docking lights off on your toon.......and YES they are docking lights.....NOT crusing from the channel to Windsor annoying the hell out of us lights......BTW.....Windsor is lit up ok......DUMB ASSES!!!!!
(11) Unless your truck is backing down the ramp......Keep your ass out past the wake marker bouys........
(12) Just because your boat is bitchen.....Dont just back off your trailer like you own the whole place......Oh....and look behind you now & then....Idiots!!!
(13) Close your truck doors......ALL OF THEM !!!!!!.....While your down the ramp.......MORONS!!!!!
(14) Spinning your tires while pulling your BIG HEAVY ASS Boat out with your small stupid truck is not helping.......Get the right size truck for the job,......
(15) Pull your ASS all the way over while in the wipe down area.......I know the trash bin area stinks on a Saturday evening, but the exit lane is small enough without your dumb ass out in the road......PULL FORWARD.......
(16) The middle two driving lanes at Windsor are to get DOWN to the ramps......So when you are comming up and come head-to-head with me going down.....Get that stupid look off of your face!!!!!!
OK..... :idea:
Later,
CJG
;)

BigDoug
06-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Wow, well put :argue:

liquidasset
06-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Wow I couln't of said better myself.

djunkie
06-29-2005, 09:23 PM
OK.....
Here's the list.....
(2) Pull into the pre-launch area straight the first time......
(3) Turn off your F'ing head lights, fog lights, driving lights.....Parking lights are OK...
(4) You should have made sure your boat was going to start before you got to the ramp......
(5) You should have practiced backing down with your wife or GF during the winter......
(6) Taking up 3 slots because you are an idiot in unacceptable......
(7) Carry a set of cheap FRS radios....leave one in the boat & one in the truck....Talk to each other while your heading down to the ramp, or while she's backing in.....
(8) Tell her how far to back it in BEFORE she does it alone.....Screaming does not make it any better.....
(9) Have her practice backing down during the winter.....Oh....Did I say that already....
(10) Turn those stupid docking lights off on your toon.......and YES they are docking lights.....NOT crusing from the channel to Windsor annoying the hell out of us lights......BTW.....Windsor is lit up ok......DUMB ASSES!!!!!
(11) Unless your truck is backing down the ramp......Keep your ass out past the wake marker bouys........
(12) Just because your boat is bitchen.....Dont just back off your trailer like you own the whole place......Oh....and look behind you now & then....Idiots!!!
(13) Close your truck doors......ALL OF THEM !!!!!!.....While your down the ramp.......MORONS!!!!!
(14) Spinning your tires while pulling your BIG HEAVY ASS Boat out with your small stupid truck is not helping.......Get the right size truck for the job,......
(15) Pull your ASS all the way over while in the wipe down area.......I know the trash bin area stinks on a Saturday evening, but the exit lane is small enough without your dumb ass out in the road......PULL FORWARD.......
(16) The middle two driving lanes at Windsor are to get DOWN to the ramps......So when you are comming up and come head-to-head with me going down.....Get that stupid look off of your face!!!!!!
OK..... :idea:
Later,
CJG
;)
LOL!!!! That was pretty good. :smile:

mororless
06-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Since I am a newbie, just my .02 cents. Did a lot of you guys forget that you were once new to the whole boat ramp thing or was it all ways perfect from day one? How many of you would stop and offer to help or make a sugestion that was helpful other than 'Dumb Flocker' I was standing on a ramp last weekend on the river and a guy was having trouble getting the boat on the trailer so instead of laughing and pointing at him I went down and gave him a hand. We all have to start some where. Oh well off my soap box. :shift:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-29-2005, 10:48 PM
Since I am a newbie, just my .02 cents. Did a lot of you guys forget that you were once new to the whole boat ramp thing or was it all ways perfect from day one? How many of you would stop and offer to help or make a sugestion that was helpful other than 'Dumb Flocker' I was standing on a ramp last weekend on the river and a guy was having trouble getting the boat on the trailer so instead of laughing and pointing at him I went down and gave him a hand. We all have to start some where. Oh well off my soap box. :shift:
Well,
Just about everyone here.......Except Jordy & RD !!!!!...Hehe!!....would stop and help anyone at the ramp.......unless they were lake lice !!!!!
I end up backing down at least a couple a month.......
AND !!!........Your father was supose to teach you how to back up a trailer......
It's part of the whole "Becoming a Man" thing!!!!.....
Right up there with "Using a Hammer"......"Drilling through metal at the right bit speed"........and......."Operating a Broom"...........
Later,
CJG
:cool:

purrfecttremor
06-30-2005, 03:22 AM
We also launch and the boat idles out away from the ramp until the tow vehicle driver comes back to get on the boat. When retrieving at the end of the day, we drop the tow vehicle driver off and again, the boat idles out away from the ramp. We also use the FRS two-way radios in the afternoon to let the boat know where the tow vehicle is in relation to the retrieve line.
thats how we do it.the radios keep me away from all the assholes!

Kachina26
06-30-2005, 05:35 AM
It took me awhile to figure out why that guy was giving me the bird that day. That was many years ago and I got it figured out. Sorry

Redneck
06-30-2005, 05:47 AM
very well put but it is fun to laugh and point. Its true everyone is new at one time. I try to help out as much as I can hell sometimes I prob need some help.

uvindex
06-30-2005, 05:52 AM
(13) Close your truck doors......ALL OF THEM !!!!!!.....While you're down the ramp.......MORONS!!!!!
;)Good list. The two quoted items make me want to add, "Load your passengers into the boat BEFORE you start backing down the ramp (and when retrieving, leave them in the boat until you're in the washdown area). Drives me crazy to see all the friggin passengers, rugrats, and other people not involved with launching the boat milling around in the launch lanes and transferring themselves and their crap onto the boat while it is at the bottom of the ramp (and they always leave all four doors open on the launch vehicle while they do it.) I've even seen people PUTTING ON SUNSCREEN, on the ramp, before climbing on the boat that's right in the middle of being launched, sheesh. :)

Krumbsnatcher
06-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Lets face it people we only see it the river, becuase each of us have a passion for boating and its life style. The majoritiy of these yahoos are weekenders that have just started.
Everyone needs to start somewhere. I live near the beach and the same problem exists there too. What about glamis? Yahoos everywhere, we just have to learn to laugh and offer some kind words and inform the yahoos that hey next time do you prep time somewhere else.
later...

RexRathburn
06-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Since I am a newbie, just my .02 cents. Did a lot of you guys forget that you were once new to the whole boat ramp thing or was it all ways perfect from day one?
The process of backing the truck down the ramp and loading the boat is a different issue than some jackass sitting in his boat in front of the ramp without his tow rig even being there yet.
When you're new the ramp is intimidating and even when you are not new, each boat is a little different. One thing that I do when I get a new boat is take it to a local lake and learn how to put it on the trailer BEFORE going to the river. It seems that people are a lot less stressed at a local lake than people at the river when it's 112 outside or on a holiday weekend...just my .02.
most people are scared to drive my boat on the trailer..
Is that because of the motor? The Stoker has to be the easiest boat to put on a trailer that I have ever driven...

Danhercules
06-30-2005, 07:12 AM
LMFAO!!!!

Sun burners
06-30-2005, 08:13 AM
THIS HAPPENS WAY TO OFTEN! :mad: