PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

HCS
06-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Do you use Ebay?

jdogginla
06-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Yup..........just used it yesterday. I bought field level seats for the Padre/Dodger game. 2nd row from the field dead center with first base on my Padres side. E-Z as peanut butter and jelly. I've yet to have a bad transaction on E-bay. :shift:

NorCal Gameshow
06-29-2005, 09:58 PM
I have in the past....nothing lately

El Chingon
06-29-2005, 10:03 PM
i've had pretty good luck too.

Essexive G's
06-29-2005, 10:07 PM
going on 50 Xactions no problems yet. Only buy, never sell.

HCS
06-29-2005, 10:08 PM
I can't get into it. Just doesn't work for me, if I want to spend money I have plenty of other ways to do it. :supp:

HCS
06-29-2005, 10:12 PM
So what's the best deal?
Anyone ever buy a car or something big and get a deal?

jdogginla
06-29-2005, 10:16 PM
I bought a time share once..............spent about 1k for it, was worth alot more. Bought it from a couple that had one the lottery, a few years earlier.....then found themselves selling everything they could, before the declared bankruptcy. They're loss, my gain. I used for a two years then sold it. Actually made money on the whole deal.
But most stuff I buy are accessiories for my toys........or tickets to Padres, Chargers, or Clipper games.

charlyox
06-29-2005, 10:30 PM
I bought a $1,200 pair of Bravo 3 props for $380.00. Great deal

sanger rat
06-29-2005, 10:58 PM
It's great for stuff you can't buy in any stores. Got alot stuff for my 65 Nova off ebay.Last good deal was a new Water Puppy pump for 65 bucks.

rivergoer
06-30-2005, 01:31 AM
i use ebay alot of cool shit there for cheap...i think i got my wife on ebay not sure though :idea: .......just kidding but really i think i did :D

JetBoatRich
06-30-2005, 03:50 AM
I have done a lot of buying and selling on Eba :cool:

dean51267
06-30-2005, 04:20 AM
31' V-hull with twins, 2003 Viper, 2003 H2, and more small crap than you can imagine...
There are unspoken rules, like do not buy from someone with recent negative feedback, but for the most part, it works as designed...
Oh, and if seems to be to good to be true, it is...........

HocusPocus
06-30-2005, 04:23 AM
i have bought and sold lots of things on ebay.. and never had a problem.. and endend up with some good deals.
example of things i have bought:
1. front and rear lock right lockers for my old blazer = $100.00 each. *new in Box*
2. holley pro-jection, fuel injection system = $225. *New In Box*
3. set of 5 faria white face marine guages = $80.00 *New In Box*
4. sony xplod amp = $65.00 new in an open box, this did not work.. emailed the person i bought it from and within a week recieved a bigger new in box one.. then sold the non working one on ebay for $25.00.. and it was listed as "non working".
example of things i have sold:
1. used front driveshaft for 4x chevy, paid $20.00 at yard sale sold on ebay for $95.00.
2. 4 used dick cepek off road lights with covers, paid $20.00 at yard sale sold on ebay for $80.00.
3. new fiberglass hood scoop for a 68 vette, paid $35.00, sold on ebay for $85.00.
something to know if your bidding on ebay.
1. never put a bid in on anything until the last minute.. otherwise it will create a bidding war and you may end up paying more for the item then you wished or driving the price so high you no longer want it. putting a bid in at the list minute or even seconds is also known as "sniping".
2. always research "good deals". sometimes the items price is too good to pass up.. until you look at the "shipping price". exampe: a new in box dvd movie for $1.00 buy it now price.. with a $20.00 shipping price. make sure you look at or know the shipping costs before you buy or bid on anything, many sellers try to make up the selling costs with higher shipping rates.
3. always look at the buyers or sellers feedback and be cautious of anyone with 0 or negative feedback.
4. there are scams that get listed on ebay daily. example: a person claiming to sell a clean used 2001 jet ski for a buy it now price of $2000.00. only after paying for the item you find out that they don't live in the US and there never was a jet ski. this happens on both big and little ticket items and ebay is working to try and keep these off. be cautious of anyone who doesn't accept "paypal" payments or doesn't respond to emails. if you spend some time on ebay you will be able to spot the fakes.

ahhell
06-30-2005, 05:17 AM
yep, using it right now...Oakleys anyone :)

All IN
06-30-2005, 05:25 AM
We use it ,great deals if you wait til the auction is about to end.

BarryMac
06-30-2005, 05:33 AM
yep, using it right now...Oakleys anyone :)
Yeah, what kind of Oakleys???
Bought a New in box Billet Grille for my wifes Convertible Sebring, paid $90.00 for it, everywhere else it was about $125.00, the seller said I would receive it within 7 days, I received it in 3, I was happy and so was the wife...
btw ahhell, I like the Camaro in your sig line, what year???

Sleek-Jet
06-30-2005, 05:39 AM
I like to watch.... :eek: :D
I will say that I've never got a screaming deal on e-bay, usually because that parts I'm after are on the rare side, so that drives the bidding up.
I don't snipe anything, just proxy bid with a couple minutes left.
Interesting story about some of the things that go on though:
At the Las Vegas drag races a couple years ago, I sat a row in front of a guy that was blowing and going about how much money he made selling junk camaro parts on e-bay. He said it was pretty simple. First, he lists his parts and then waits untill someone is interested (usually contacting him to check out what kind of shape the parts are in), then he has his buddies place a couple bids to get things going. This usually get's the real buyer to start placing higher and higher bids (as what would be expected of someone that really wants a part) and before you know it, the guy's sold a dented fender for 3 times what it's really worth. He was very proud of himself. I never could get out of him what his handle was on ebay... I would have turned the SOB in.
Of course this was a couple years ago when less people were E-bay savy, but you still see this go on.

Garrddogg
06-30-2005, 05:42 AM
I've used it a bunch!
2, "99" frc (fixed roof coupe) vettes
North Face jackets
A shit load of electronics
only been burned once!

Garrddogg
06-30-2005, 05:51 AM
oh yeah and the Ultra boat John did a while ago for the cistic fibrosis foundation, the guy that won it snipped me by $100.00 , my max bid was $80,000.00 he got it for $80,100.00 and the the ass turned around and sold it for $88,000.00.. I would have loved to have that boat..

ahhell
06-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Yeah, what kind of Oakleys???
btw ahhell, I like the Camaro in your sig line, what year???
Just a set of half jacket lenses...and the camaro is a '70

Sane Asylum
06-30-2005, 06:20 AM
Use it all the time........Use it a lot to price things. There's good deals and bad. It's like every other auction.....Buyer beware.
Pay attention to the feedback, you'll be fine......

Sane Asylum
06-30-2005, 06:26 AM
I like to watch.... :eek: :D
At the Las Vegas drag races a couple years ago, I sat a row in front of a guy that was blowing and going about how much money he made selling junk camaro parts on e-bay. He said it was pretty simple. First, he lists his parts and then waits untill someone is interested (usually contacting him to check out what kind of shape the parts are in), then he has his buddies place a couple bids to get things going. This usually get's the real buyer to start placing higher and higher bids (as what would be expected of someone that really wants a part) and before you know it, the guy's sold a dented fender for 3 times what it's really worth. He was very proud of himself. I never could get out of him what his handle was on ebay... I would have turned the SOB in.
Of course this was a couple years ago when less people were E-bay savy, but you still see this go on.
There are many, many legitimate businesses on e-bay. Dipshits like you describe are still there but there's not many of them.
It's still up to the buyer to decide if they're getting a good deal. Old car parts are a little different because sometimes desparation sets in and people become somewhat irrational trying to get a project finished etc......

bilgewiper
06-30-2005, 06:30 AM
My whole family is always on ebay buying stuff. The biggest ticket was a Polaris Virage with 20 hours on it. My wife buys some ............but my 9 year old son is buying Hotwheels and misc toys off it all the time. I buy misc boating stuff (props, shore chargers, etc). We have never got burned. Only use paypal and US sellers.

91nordic29
06-30-2005, 06:48 AM
i use it alot for my hobby/business. you should check out the the super link below :D . i think some of you would like something like this in your river/lake homes (spam) :cool:

9er
06-30-2005, 06:50 AM
At least once a week.

91nordic29
06-30-2005, 11:43 AM
HCS--
did you have an awful experience with ebay recently?