PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion Is Needed

Creator
06-30-2005, 03:26 AM
Our new web site is going to be launched in roughly 2 weeks or less. It is nearing completion and I want to get everyoneÂ’s opinion on it. I can only leave this link up for a short time so please look and comment soon! Keep in mind it's not done yet so some links lead to half built pages. I would appreciate any constructive criticism on ways to make it even better (things you like, dislike, want more or less of etc.)
Thanks for you help.

essexjet
06-30-2005, 03:35 AM
Looks good to me. Easy to navigate and read. Good luck :cool:

Creator
06-30-2005, 03:39 AM
Thanks, I hope everyone feels the same way.

v-drive
06-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Looks great, when can I drop my boat off for fibreglass repair.
JK......v-drive

HocusPocus
06-30-2005, 04:29 AM
overall pretty good.. i would ditch the company banner on the new site as it slows the page loading time and maybe use a standard jpg or gif image instead. you have to remember that even today not everyone has a high speed connection. keep the moving graphics or java scripts to a minimum so everything loads quickly. but thats just my opinion. :)

shueman
06-30-2005, 04:33 AM
overall pretty good.. i would ditch the company banner on the new site as it slows the page loading time and maybe use a standard jpg or gif image instead. you have to remember that even today not everyone has a high speed connection. keep the moving graphics or java scripts to a minimum so everything loads quickly. but thats just my opinion. :)
Ditto....get'm to the needed info....

Norseman
06-30-2005, 04:40 AM
Put your contact info on every page, nothings worse than having to hunt for a phone number or address.
You got the customer interested, but he can't easily find the contact info....
I usually put it at the bottom of each page.

ahhell
06-30-2005, 05:02 AM
The only ? in my mind on the home page was what kind of motorsports, I saw the Indy car and thought, I dont need any parts for that. Maybe mentioning the types of vehicles on the home page might draw more intrest???
espesciallly from us simple ones :coffeycup :D

a catered life
06-30-2005, 06:08 AM
The only ? in my mind on the home page was what kind of motorsports, I saw the Indy car and thought, I dont need any parts for that. Maybe mentioning the types of vehicles on the home page might draw more intrest???
espesciallly from us simple ones :coffeycup :D
i ditto that my first thought was wtf indy? :confused: but overall nice site the bannere loaded fine for me i liked it nice and colorful :smile:

MagicMtnDan
06-30-2005, 06:15 AM
You asked so I'll respond:
* The text is rather big - it looks like a billboard sign
* Might be too much text - need graphics that tell the story too
* What is it that you do (your site)? It's not immediately obvious (based on your home page it looks like some kind of PARTS)
* In the "About Us" page it says you do "custom composite fabrication" - if that's what you do then you might want to say that on the home page
There shouldn't be any question as to what your company does. People will give a Web page a few seconds and they don't want to figure stuff out.
Your products page is very informative - maybe you can use some of that information or at least the product categories on the home page? That way folks will know what you're offering them.
I hope this helps - I wanted to provide some constructive criticism.
Good luck with the Web site!

riverrunner
06-30-2005, 06:21 AM
It isn't real clear right away what you're selling. I think you need to clean it up a bit and get to the point, rather than making people search for what it is you do.

Sane Asylum
06-30-2005, 06:29 AM
You asked so I'll respond:
* The text is rather big - it looks like a billboard sign
* Might be too much text - need graphics that tell the story too
* What is it that you do (your site)? It's not immediately obvious (based on your home page it looks like some kind of PARTS)
* In the "About Us" page it says you do "custom composite fabrication" - if that's what you do then you might want to say that on the home page
There shouldn't be any question as to what your company does. People will give a Web page a few seconds and they don't want to figure stuff out.
Your products page is very informative - maybe you can use some of that information or at least the product categories on the home page? That way folks will know what you're offering them.
I hope this helps - I wanted to provide some constructive criticism.
Good luck with the Web site!
Well said.........

Larry Nebb
06-30-2005, 06:32 AM
needs some hot chixs! :devil:

Creator
06-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Thank you all very much for the feed back! I have made some changes to the home page in an effort to eplain the company better. I will keep all your comments in mind as I make more changes until we officially launch the site.
Just to clarify, there will be both a high speed site and dial-up site so loading the pages should not be a problem. The site listed is the High speed site, it uses Flash which can really slow things down.
I will leave the link up for a little while longer so all the afternoon people can chime in if they like.
Thanks again!

hotlavey
07-01-2005, 08:02 AM
bump