PDA

View Full Version : i need some gel coat info

rivergoer
06-30-2005, 04:49 AM
hey guy i need to know if anyone could give me an idea of how much it would cost to re gelcoat my boat i want to make it white and gray, or if it is possibe to just pant it if you can give me some ideas on how much it would be that would be great, also if you have any hook ups or know of some shops that could do it for a good price :) the bpot is a 23 ft supra saltare. there is a pic in my photos thanks.

Wally_Gator
06-30-2005, 05:45 AM
Try about 4K just to start with a single color. Then it goes up from there depending upon existing damage. There are plenty of boats that are painted and can be cheaper. Look up Toddnjuzz here on the boards, he does both gel and paint.

dicudmore
06-30-2005, 06:01 AM
it can certainly be done....
some so-cal fiberglass shop did an awesome job on Bunny166's Conquest deck :cool:

riverrunner
06-30-2005, 06:30 AM
Back when I had the 21 Crusader I got quoted $8,500 for three colors, but I had to bring the boat stripped. That was two years ago.

bigd1
06-30-2005, 06:48 AM
I talked with a guy at the boat show a couple of years ago that did both. He said the labor in re-doing the gelcoat was so much that he recommended paint.

rivergoer
06-30-2005, 06:57 AM
so how is paint does it scratch real easy? for instance my house in parker has a 3 finger dock and when i put out the bouys and the boat rubs will it mess up the paint?? or is it a special kind of paint they use??? how much for one color