PDA

View Full Version : Live Aid/8................

Rod-64
07-02-2005, 11:11 AM
I remember the first one and it was far better musically so far than the crap on now.
Anyone see the first one?????

Boozer
07-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Sadly I was only a few years old when the first one took place. The line up in London is pretty decent but the line up in Philladelphia is pretty shitty.

HCS
07-02-2005, 11:59 AM
What? You don't like to watch a 60 tear old Beatle play music? :notam:

shueman
07-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Didn't Phil Collins do "double duty"....play'd the Farm Aid, then the Live Aid in the same day...??? (or versa-visa)

HCS
07-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Didn't Phil Collins do "double duty"....play'd the Farm Aid, then the Live Aid in the same day...??? (or versa-visa)
I think it was visa-versa. :D

Havasu Doug
07-02-2005, 05:17 PM
He played Live Aid in London, then took the Concorde and played Live Aid in the US. :D

Jbb
07-02-2005, 05:19 PM
I remember the first one.....lol... :squiggle:

Indiansprings
07-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Ya, but who remembers the US Fest. in 83?

SoCal_fun
07-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Ya, but who remembers the US Fest. in 83?
I do!! I had just come home on leave from the Navy! David Lee Roth was f'd up as usual :rolleyes: . Had a good time though. :rollside:

Jbb
07-02-2005, 05:43 PM
I was'nt there but I remember Woodstock........man..... :p

HCS
07-02-2005, 05:47 PM
I was'nt there but I remember Woodstock........man..... :p
So do I. The original Woodstock that is.
When I was a kid we all sat around the black and white TV and watched the Beatles perform for the first time on the Ed Sullivan show. It was a family event.
Now I'm feeling old. :chi:

Jbb
07-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Black and White Philco TV....with tubes ....lol......old AND tired..... :p

shueman
07-02-2005, 05:50 PM
He played Live Aid in London, then took the Concorde and played Live Aid in the US. :D
That's it HD....I still have the VHS..... :rolleyes:

Havasu Doug
07-02-2005, 05:52 PM
That's it HD....I still have the VHS..... :rolleyes:
I have the tape somewhere too, in "MONO". :D

shueman
07-02-2005, 05:54 PM
My 15 yr old loves Zepplin....(go figure)....anybody know if Plant or Page will be performing... :confused:

MagicMtnDan
07-02-2005, 06:10 PM
I was at the US Festival - rode my motorcycle down from the Bay Area - great lineup! It was at the lovely Glen Helen Regional Park in the San Bernardino desert.
116 degree heat. No shade. Performers refusing to play. Chaos. Dust flying so high you could barely see the stage. It was too hot to move. The Ramones came on and we all cheered. Joey did the entire set without removing his leather jacket.
The Kinks, incidentally, were already what would come to be known as Rock and Roll Geezers by the time of their 1982 Saturday night performance. Don't be fooled. The Kinks KICKED ASS!!! They blew the audience away. Together with an incredible performance by Pat Benatar in her rockin' prime, headliner Tom Petty had his work cut out for him to close out the Saturday night show.) Sunday morning, post Kinks/Benatar, it took the Dead to raise the dead... and they did, as usual.
http://sohodojo.com/images/us-festival-poster-sm.jpg

C-2
07-02-2005, 06:19 PM
I watched both evebts from start to finish.
1985 was cool, they actually showed MUSIC
Today it blowed bad, VH1/MTV ssucked ass.
AOL was cool though, it hvae live feeds from every show. I had two computers going, two locations on each screen. I was running around the house like a freak!
The Cure came on, then Motley Crue, and then Floyd, all at once. Floyd was good, really good.
My favs of the day - Velvet Revolver, they tore it up. Madonna was surprisingly good, the Cure played a great set, Audioslave and linkin Park were good and of course Floyd was incredible.
Dumbass od the day - Roger Daltry - we know you're a grandpa byt damn, nobody sez you gotta dress the part!
**** Don't forget to sign the petition, it's really simple.

Indiansprings
07-02-2005, 06:56 PM
I was at the US FEST in 83. Wild times. Drove over from Phx in an old Ford Mavrick POS. Third gear only. Remember when David Lee Roth said, as he pounded that whiskey, "This aint tea like The Clash drinks" :crossx:

C-2
07-02-2005, 10:21 PM
The Cure just started on the re-broadcast at aolmusic.com, Paris screen

Boy Named Sue
07-03-2005, 01:06 AM
C-2 I went to a Judas Priest show today, (supposedly their first show in 16 years), and while the sound was good it seemed to me it was just a bunch of individuals trying to show us that they could still be cool. Mixed feelings.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-03-2005, 08:53 AM
We listened to it all day on XM. They had every concert covered on a different station. I thought it was awesome!!!! Wonderful message and Daltry and Townsend kicked a$$!!!!! Madonna polluted it with her potty mouth :yuk: You don't go on digital worldwide feed and say the F-word, c'mon! Then wonder why people don't buy your books for their children. :notam:
Overall, I really enjoyed it and found myself choked up on several occassions, but I'm a softie.

Rod-64
07-03-2005, 10:40 AM
C-2 I went to a Judas Priest show today, (supposedly their first show in 16 years), and while the sound was good it seemed to me it was just a bunch of individuals trying to show us that they could still be cool. Mixed feelings.
Did Halford just stand in one spot and read the teleprompter like he did when I saw him? The "Metal God" looked like a metal power pole. :boxed:

C-2
07-03-2005, 11:01 AM
We listened to it all day on XM. They had every concert covered on a different station. I thought it was awesome!!!! Wonderful message and Daltry and Townsend kicked a$$!!!!! Madonna polluted it with her potty mouth :yuk: You don't go on digital worldwide feed and say the F-word, c'mon! Then wonder why people don't buy your books for their children. :notam:
Overall, I really enjoyed it and found myself choked up on several occassions, but I'm a softie.
Snoop Dog got in about 10 mutha f* bombs!

Craig
07-03-2005, 11:31 AM
The Pink Floyd set was great, kind of cool to see ol' Syd get a mention prior to Wish You Were Here :)