PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Silverado head unit?

shaun
07-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I just bought a 2005 Crew Cab Silverado LT. I dont really want to replace the head unit as it's a nice looking peice. I was wondering if any of you who had replaced it or have been digging around back there know if it has any outputs (to hook up a amp).
Also, i'm going to assume that since i didnt get the factory installed TV that there are also audio inputs somewhere?

phebus
07-03-2005, 02:02 PM
I just bought a 2005 Crew Cab Silverado LT. I dont really want to replace the head unit as it's a nice looking peice. I was wondering if any of you who had replaced it or have been digging around back there know if it has any outputs (to hook up a amp).
From what I understand, there are no outputs on the back of the unit. I have been told that PAC makes an adapter that connects to your wiring harness that has RCA outputs, to make the hookup of a sub possible.

shaun
07-03-2005, 09:02 PM
PAC? do they have a website?

Party Cat
07-03-2005, 10:39 PM
PAC? do they have a website?
PAC Audio (http://www.pac-audio.com/)

sigepmock
07-05-2005, 07:12 AM
It's pretty easy to hook up an amp and some subs. The PAC controller is nice and let's you run aftermarket XM/Sirius through your stock head unit. It give's you inputs and outputs.
Chris