PDA

View Full Version : Why are people still launching at the marina???

Liquid Courage
07-04-2005, 03:52 PM
I check out that web cam and see several performance boats launching and/or cleaning their boats down. What's up with that?! That place SUCKS!!! I see people filling up their boats there too. I call BULL SH!T!!! There's plenty of other gas docks...Like Havasu Springs and the Cal. Side. People just dont get that the place wont learn if you keep giving them money.

cc322
07-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Well if windsor is full where else you gonna go? they kinda got us by the balls on this one. Until they build more launch ramps they can get away with just about anything they want. Also could you imagine if all peeps launched out of windsor, what a ZOO that would be.

mksmlss
07-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Where can i find this webcam?

JetBoatRich
07-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Where can i find this webcam?
Hit the link
Havaso Cam (http://170.215.57.242/local/)

Liquid Courage
07-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Well if windsor is full where else you gonna go? they kinda got us by the balls on this one. Until they build more launch ramps they can get away with just about anything they want. Also could you imagine if all peeps launched out of windsor, what a ZOO that would be.
Theres Site 6 as well as that ramp south of the city...Forget what it's called though. They are just going to keep having everyone by the balls until everyone stops using it. It will then force them to change their ways.

Ion
07-04-2005, 05:16 PM
I check out that web cam and see several performance boats launching and/or cleaning their boats down. What's up with that?!
Plainly & simply, the vast majority of custom boat owners do not hang out in this forum or know it exists, thus are not aware how many posters here feel about the marina.
Frankly, I have heard absolutely no complaints so far this season about the marina. I have lettered lotsa new boats this year and from time to time, to strike up a conversation with the owner, I'll bring up noise law compliance and the marina. To date, noone has had anything negative to say. In fact, some aren't even aware it's an issue at all.

djunkie
07-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Theres Site 6 as well as that ramp south of the city...Forget what it's called though. They are just going to keep having everyone by the balls until everyone stops using it. It will then force them to change their ways.
Theres no launch ramp south of the city. :wink: :hammerhea

SummitKarl
07-04-2005, 05:21 PM
carefull!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't say bad things on this subject. don't down the marina with a pic of your boat. I KNOW!!!!!!!! the owner "lurks" on these threads, and I have HEARD that realy poor treatment can occur to those that SLAM!!
I never have launched there, in 10yrs so I don't really know the WO's of it, just passing on what I do know.... be carefull
I do know the Dock ATT. very well "HARRY" = looks like Santa, very cool man

LHC30Victory
07-04-2005, 05:25 PM
We usually launch at the Nautical cause of time share ownership we get 365 use - well, we did till this weekend. Apparently the Nautical and First Cabin (the timeshare folks) are in a pissing contest...
First Cabin bought us a 3day pass for the Marina otherwise we would not have launced there.. But. they were not testing for noise and things were cool with them..

HocusPocus
07-04-2005, 05:38 PM
i normally just use site 6.. and once in a while i go out to cattail cove.

Ion
07-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Theres no launch ramp south of the city. :wink: :hammerhea
Sandpoint Marina (Cattail Cove), is definitely south of the city. In fact, your annual pass at Windsor gets you in there, as well as other state launches...wherever they are.

TrojanDan
07-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Sandpoint Marina (Cattail Cove), is definitely south of the city. In fact, your annual pass at Windsor gets you in there, as well as other state launches...wherever they are.
OK Ion, since you are a slow learner on this, the only two launch ramps South of the City is Havasu Springs and Take Off Point. Cattail Cove changed their launch rules. No powered vessels over 12' in length allowed to launch Monday thru Sundays. :notam: ....get it now dude? :cool:

SummitKarl
07-04-2005, 06:48 PM
OK Ion, since you are a slow learner on this, the only two launch ramps South of the City is Havasu Springs and Take Off Point. Cattail Cove changed their launch rules. No powered vessels over 12' in length allowed to launch Monday thru Sundays. :notam: ....get it now dude? :cool:
when did the rule change occur, I launched there last weekend

Racer277
07-04-2005, 06:49 PM
when did the rule change occur, I launched there last weekend
:D :D

TrojanDan
07-04-2005, 06:52 PM
:D :D
What up Sean? We have another slow learner... :D

Racer277
07-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Thought I saw you at Topock Marina this weekend Dan! Couldn't stop though.
If not, someone splashed your gel-hope not, it's great!
S

shueman
07-04-2005, 06:58 PM
:D

Rod-64
07-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Cattail closed down..............ever since the dog ate it.

Ion
07-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Yo, Mr. SMUG...
I last launched my 21 ft. boat there winter of '03. Didn't realize they had changed. When did this happen...dude? :rolleyes:

Ion
07-04-2005, 07:14 PM
...We have another slow learner... :D
Looks like jury's still out on this one, <i/>dude[/i]...

Racer277
07-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Ion, picture Dan saying this with a smile while he's handing you a beer.
He's only jokingly trying to keep a quiet little ramp that way...No harm meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanDan
OK Ion, since you are a slow learner on this, the only two launch ramps South of the City is Havasu Springs and Take Off Point. Cattail Cove changed their launch rules. No powered vessels over 12' in length allowed to launch Monday thru Sundays. ....get it now dude?
Yo, Mr. SMUG...
I last launched my 21 ft. boat there winter of '03. Didn't realize they had changed. When did this happen...dude?

Ion
07-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Maybe he could have pm'd me that inside info, so I could have gone along with it...I'm not a mind reader. Like my highschool football coach used to say, "never assume..." you know the rest.

Wake Havasu
07-04-2005, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=SummitKarl]carefull!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't say bad things on this subject. don't down the marina with a pic of your boat. I KNOW!!!!!!!! the owner "lurks" on these threads, and I have HEARD that realy poor treatment can occur to those that SLAM!!
Thanks!
Thats more than enough for me to stay away from the place.

SummitKarl
07-04-2005, 09:05 PM
What up Sean? We have another slow learner... :D
not a slow learner, I moved here so I don't have to launch with weekend crowds, I would say that is a FAST learner. :rollside:

djunkie
07-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I knew that. I said it cause I like to launch at cattail and it is always mellow there. Not shhhh don't tell anyone about it. :D

TrojanDan
07-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Bingo Sean! Glad SummitKarl got it! I'm still worried about that Ion guy though. :D
Sean, I was at Topoc on Saturday with a few other peeps from the boards. :cool:

KACHINA KEN
07-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah, whos this BTW???
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kachinaken/MISC/bluflamev3.jpghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kachinaken/MISC/bluflamev2.jpghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kachinaken/MISC/bluflamev1.jpg

voodoomedman
07-05-2005, 07:00 AM
They changed Cattail so you can only launch while camping there. You may be able to launch at Sandpoint but Cattail is camping only and they are kinda jerks anyway. Stay away from there. Go to the Marina. They are really nice folks. :D

KACHINA KEN
07-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Yeah, whos this BTW???
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kachinaken/MISC/bluflamev3.jpghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kachinaken/MISC/bluflamev2.jpghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kachinaken/MISC/bluflamev1.jpg
Nobody knows who this is?