PDA

View Full Version : POS drain plug thiefs

BOBALOO
07-04-2005, 09:51 PM
I had the same thing happen to me sat night around the corner from where this one was taken out.
[QUOTE=SHAKEN Not Stirred]So.......
Putting the boat in the channel at about 06:30 today and came across this....
Someone had pulled the plug last night...... :frown:
Then wrote a little note in the sand...... :devil:
Bull Shiat !!!!!
Later,
CJG
;)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_2076.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_2079.jpg
I was in the channel on saturday night after boating ALL day and when we went to leave the bilge was so focking full of water the engine was misfiring.
SOMEONE PULLED MY PLUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIECES OF SH*T
How does a threaded plug unscrew itself ? Either someone took it ouy or it was an act of god.
About 1 hour before we left the channel at about 11:00 pm, I ran the bilge pump for 15 seconds and it was completely empty and NO water was coming in.
The only people that i can think did this were a couple of drunk guys next to us that were in a supposedly salvage titled boat and they said they were from Baker . I think the boat was a newer Cobra ( not talking trash here so dont start with me) but I was giving them the brush off because they were annoying so i dont know for sure. I never saw them do anything to my boat but they were the only ones that I remember being around.
Well anyway , I had 8 people on my boat and after bailing water out with plastic bowls and running the bilge we decided to make a run for Windsor wearing our life jackets. I dropped off all but 2 other people on the beach and we barely planed out but we made it to the ramp.
I never thought to check the plug because I dont take it out and the threaded ones dont fall out just sitting on the beach after 13 hours of boating saturday.

TrojanDan
07-04-2005, 09:58 PM
That sucks! Did you experience any electrical issues or any other water damage from that night? :mad:

Phat Matt
07-04-2005, 10:22 PM
At least it didn't sink! It was fun hanging out with you guys again. Thanks for the bbq! :D
Matt

SummitKarl
07-04-2005, 10:50 PM
was in the channel on saturday night after boating ALL day and when we went to leave the bilge was so focking full of water the engine was misfiring.
How does a threaded plug unscrew itself ? Either someone took it ouy or it was an act of god.
About 1 hour before we left the channel at about 11:00 pm, I ran the bilge pump for 15 seconds and it was completely empty and NO water was coming in.
The only people that i can think did this were a couple of drunk guys next to us that were in a supposedly salvage titled boat and they said they were from Baker . I think the boat was a newer Cobra ( not talking trash here so dont start with me) but I was giving them the brush off because they were annoying so i dont know for sure. I never saw them do anything to my boat but they were the only ones that I remember being around.
Well anyway , I had 8 people on my boat and after bailing water out with plastic bowls and running the bilge we decided to make a run for Windsor wearing our life jackets. I dropped off all but 2 other people on the beach and we barely planed out but we made it to the ramp.
I never thought to check the plug because I dont take it out and the threaded ones dont fall out just sitting on the beach after 13 hours of boating saturday.
so I am asuming this makes 2 that happened Saturday night?
I was affraid this kinda thing was going to start happening, with all the new condos in the channel, kind like buying a home by a airport then complaining about the noise.
but sence it was (2) this weekend we can rule out some sort of personel revenge, please report this to LHC LE so a record can get started.
I hope you might have a pic that would have the Cobra boat that you suspect, so we can ALL!!!! can keep our eyes out, if the same boat is around and the same thing happens again. I am sorry this happened, it really steams me
in the mean time will some one tell me the thread pitch for the screw in drain plugs.
STOP EM COLD PRODUCTS, indivudally keyed drain plugs
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2734DRAIN-med.gif

XtrmWakeborder
07-04-2005, 10:58 PM
WOW whats freakin next...... nice boat, i think i saw it coming home today

BOBALOO
07-05-2005, 04:54 AM
so I am asuming this makes 2 that happened Saturday night?
STOP EM COLD PRODUCTS, indivudally keyed drain plugs
I cant say for sure that the guys next to me did anything but it had to happen in a 1/2 hour or so before we left and they were the closest guys around.
It sucks to have to buy a security plug but if someone makes them there must be a perceived need for them, although I have only heard of a few plugs ever being taken out. We still had an awesome time out there and will just keep a closer eye on things.

JustMVG
07-05-2005, 05:00 AM
If you find those type plugs i'll buy a couple!!!

Boatcop
07-05-2005, 05:01 AM
If this begins to be a trend, buy a second regular plug and install it on the INSIDE.

ahhell
07-05-2005, 05:25 AM
If this begins to be a trend, buy a second regular plug and install it on the INSIDE.
Exactly....put it in from the inside...pain in the ass, but not as much as sinking

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-05-2005, 07:13 AM
Bobaloo, did you notify the LHC authorities? Hope your engine is okay.

Mrs.Racer277
07-05-2005, 07:22 AM
That is terrible. I am very sorry to hear that. :( :mad:

UnionJack
07-05-2005, 07:26 AM
That's crap, if someone has a problem with you, they should take it up with you and not your boat.

life's a river
07-05-2005, 07:57 AM
Great idea!

superdave013
07-05-2005, 08:12 AM
don't you need a wrench to get one of those screw in plugs out?

Havasu Hangin'
07-05-2005, 08:14 AM
don't you need a wrench to get one of those screw in plugs out?
It looks like someone is carrying around a crescent wrench.

LHC30Victory
07-05-2005, 09:11 AM
I would need an arm about 6 foot long to do that :supp:

Angry Inch
07-05-2005, 09:18 AM
If it happened to multiple boats, I doubt it was directed at you; instead, it was most likely some bastard kids being malicous. What a dick move though. :boxingguy
I don't fight; but, if that happened to me, I might change my ways for just a moment.

Mandelon
07-05-2005, 09:21 AM
I forsee a new billet product for Cutting Edge Marine....How about just a big Allen head plug? Not too many folks will have those....for a while anyway....
This is bullshit anyway.....I know we always joke about it, but doing it is soooo f'ed up. :eek:

Havasu Hangin'
07-05-2005, 09:24 AM
This is bullshit anyway.....I know we always joke about it, but doing it is soooo f'ed up. :eek:
Idiots have been doing this for a long time. I remember a few boats had their plugs pulled (by drunk idiots) in Copper Canyon on busy weekends in the 80's and 90's.
Geeze I sound old...
:(

spectras only
07-05-2005, 09:25 AM
I would replace the square head plug with an allen one :rollside: .

Boatcop
07-05-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm pretty sure they are just standard pipe thread. Any hardware store would have them in an allen socket.
But make sure you get brass. Especially if you install them in a jet. Mild steel will rust away on its own, and if installed in the jet drain, they'll corrode and bond to the metal, making them impossible to get out, without drilling.

Water Romper
07-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Out of curiosity, what happens to boats that are damaged, and released to the owner lean holder (after settlements, etc) or held, then released, because of a crime, Is there a public access junk yard (like for autos) but for boats? :idea:

SummitKarl
07-05-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure they are just standard pipe thread. Any hardware store would have them in an allen socket.
But make sure you get brass. Especially if you install them in a jet. Mild steel will rust away on its own, and if installed in the jet drain, they'll corrode and bond to the metal, making them impossible to get out, without drilling.
they are 1/2 NPT thread (very common) brass allen or slot versions are at the ACE in Havasu,
I would buy the slot type, mill the top flat again, drill two holes about 1/4" deep 3/4" apart, the make your self a (2) pin wrench (it's called a spanner wrench) to fit in the 1/4" deep holes, nobody but YOU!!!!! will remove that plug.
if I get enough interest I can make them so that no (2) are alike

Mandelon
07-05-2005, 12:46 PM
they are 1/2 NPT thread (very common) brass allen or slot versions are at the ACE in Havasu,
I would buy the slot type, mill the top flat again, drill two holes about 1/4" deep 3/4" apart, the make your self a (2) pin wrench (it's called a spanner wrench) to fit in the 1/4" deep holes, nobody but YOU!!!!! will remove that plug.
Karl, how do you drill two holes 3/4" apart on a 1/2 round fitting? :confused: :D :D
I like the idea though, every one could be a little different...but make em billet, and code em so you can look up the customer's pattern after the tool gets lost... :hammer2:

SummitKarl
07-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Karl, how do you drill two holes 3/4" apart on a 1/2 round fitting? :confused: :D :D
I like the idea though, every one could be a little different...but make em billet, and code em so you can look up the customer's pattern after the tool gets lost... :hammer2:
easy..... 1/2 npt is not 1/2" dia :rollside:

SummitKarl
07-05-2005, 12:59 PM
look at my post earlier ...oh I will just image it again

Mandelon
07-05-2005, 01:12 PM
easy..... 1/2 npt is not 1/2" dia :rollside:
Yah its 3/4". I get the idea just giving you a hard time. I have a fitting and ruler here.....you could make em 3/8" apart maybe...how about if the fitting had a bigger cap on the end of it, more room to insert tools in different drilled patterns.

SummitKarl
07-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Yah its 3/4". I get the idea just giving you a hard time. I have a fitting and ruler here.....you could make em 3/8" apart maybe...how about if the fitting had a bigger cap on the end of it, more room to insert tools in different drilled patterns.
hey I picked up on the (hard time thing) :wink:
you got it!! I would buy 1" dia stock and turn down the shank and leave the head at 1" dia (tappered of course) so not even ROBO GRIP could grab it, but like boat cop sugested it would need to be brass, mag or different aloy that alu.
check your WHY post I added a few, FYI thats from a old George Carlin routine off The Class CLown album back in the late 70's
one more for fun
why? are the locks on the doors of a 7/11 that is open 24hrs 7 days a week

Mandelon
07-05-2005, 01:29 PM
It seems like a product that no one would want to have to have...but if it were reasonable in price it would be worthwhile insurance. Another bling thing to buy.... :cool:
I picture the tool that Makita uses on their small grinder.
George Carlin is cool.

SummitKarl
07-05-2005, 01:35 PM
It seems like a product that no one would want to have to have...but if it were reasonable in price it would be worthwhile insurance. Another bling thing to buy.... :cool:
I picture the tool that Makita uses on their small grinder.
George Carlin is cool.
BINGO!!!!!!!!! on the grinder tool
George is way funny one of my fond memories of S.D. saw him at Humphreys on night.
not so fond memory "daily waste of 3hrs in "The MERGE" 5-805"

Norseman
07-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Just making them a spanner style will be enough , I think. Your average dirtbag is not going to be swimming around boats with a tool box trying to remove plugs. Even a lice billet Alllen wrench one would be different enough. Just don't use alum.
Bob

dirty old man
07-06-2005, 09:12 AM
there are people out there who need to have their drain plugs pulled, just like there are people out there who need a flat tire, but I wouldn't do it. just wish bad things would happen to bad people some time. you weren't a bad person were you? two sides to every story

Mrs.charitycase
07-06-2005, 09:36 AM
I had the same thing happen to me sat night around the corner from where this one was taken out.
[QUOTE=SHAKEN Not Stirred]So.......
Putting the boat in the channel at about 06:30 today and came across this....
Someone had pulled the plug last night...... :frown:
Then wrote a little note in the sand...... :devil:
Bull Shiat !!!!!
Later,
CJG
;)
I was in the channel on saturday night after boating ALL day and when we went to leave the bilge was so focking full of water the engine was misfiring.
Fuk that...That ain't even right! Errrrrrrrrrr and I don't even know you. That really pisses me off! I don't see how some one coud even think about doing that! Screw them..whoever it was you should be shot! Didn't i just see her454's or topless's gun on here earlier?

Sherpa
07-06-2005, 09:39 AM
[QOUTE=Dirtyoldman]
there are people out there who need to have their drain plugs pulled, just like there are people out there who need a flat tire, but I wouldn't do it. just wish bad things would happen to bad people some time.
while they're are as_holes everywhere, in everyform of life, sports, work, etc
I have no idea why this guy gets off posting this crap........... Most of my
"issues of camping/lakes/camgrounds" are the idiots who think everybody
wants to listen to AC/DC cranked up at 11 at night........ while I still listen
to AC/DC, my wife hates it, and even I don't want to hear it at 11pm..... but I
don't go over and yank their stereo..... What I will do is ask them to turn
it down........... they either do, or don't........ not much else one can do
past that.......... other than fight. and no fight over a radio is smart.
--Sherpa

Her454
07-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Screw them..whoever it was you should be shot! Didn't i just see her454's or topless's gun on here earlier?[/COLOR]
LOL, I cant even imagine people actually doing this ! Messing with someones hard earned toys OR their job is just the LOWEST you can get. :burningm:
there are people out there who need to have their drain plugs pulled, just like there are people out there who need a flat tire, but I wouldn't do it. just wish bad things would happen to bad people some time. you weren't a bad person were you? two sides to every story
True that there are alot of assholes and illiterate boat operators out there, but I dont think anyone deserves to have their boat maliciously sunk, for any reason. There are other ways to handle it, but leave the toyz alone.

meaniam
07-06-2005, 11:04 AM
that really angers me to see what happened. i think i would not have the heart to boat anymore after that, if it happened to me. no hell i know i wouldnt. losing the fire already on its own with all the problems

dirty old man
07-06-2005, 01:01 PM
I did the right thing, ONCE, confronted the obnoxious slob who was dumping trash and bottles all over the place, and got MY ass kicked. Never again

Her454
07-06-2005, 01:20 PM
I did the right thing, ONCE, confronted the obnoxious slob who was dumping trash and bottles all over the place, and got MY ass kicked. Never again
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, after thinking about this I would have to say that if I, as a female confronted him and he kicked my ass too, then I'd have to pull his plug. :rollside: :rollside: :D

Sherpa
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
you also need to know who might* be objective to your inputs.............
kinda like there's 8 of them, and 1 of you.........
then there is also the manner in which you present yourself and your input
to them...........
oh well........
--Sherpa
it really sucks that this guy had his boat submerged.........

RiverDave
07-06-2005, 01:42 PM
After reading the thread and understanding the situation I'd think the spanner wrench is the way to go. Easy to make and unless you have the wrench (also easy to make) then your not going to be able to steal it?
If you guys are interested, I can make a run of 100 of them or so and see how it goes?
I think I'd make them out of stainless though? Either stainless or brass?
RD

phebus
07-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Most of the fittings I have seen are made out of brass. I don't know how stainless would work as far as seizing goes with the dissimilar metals.

Mike.A
07-06-2005, 01:55 PM
That is Bullsh_t !
Either man up and confront or walk away, dont fock with somebody's toys. What satisfaction is there in that. No lesson learned either by the other party.
If there is more than you can handle than use your head and ignor and leave it alone. I cannot stand Chicken Sh_t people messing with somebodys property.

RiverDave
07-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Most of the fittings I have seen are made out of brass. I don't know how stainless would work as far as seizing goes with the dissimilar metals.
I'm pretty sure it would be fine, but if brass is what the peeps want, then brass is what the peeps gets.. ;) I'll have something drawn up before next week, and get it started.
RD

Mandelon
07-06-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty sure it would be fine, but if brass is what the peeps want, then brass is what the peeps gets.. ;) I'll have something drawn up before next week, and get it started.
RD
Can you chrome brass RD?

dirty old man
07-06-2005, 02:00 PM
shockwave, its bad enough to be an OLD man, try and handle an ugly situation like a gentlemen, and still get your ass kicked. it gave me THOUGHT to pull his plug, I didn't say I did it. These slobs NEEDED their plug pulled. See thread here called PIGS. These people also need their plugs pulled (or someone younger to kick their asses). my whole thing here is that there are people out there who are not so nice. Are you some sort of liberal, pinko who thinks Osama or Sadam shouldn't have their plugs pulled? enough of this already

phebus
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Can you chrome brass RD?
Not RD, but yes you can. Very common in the marine industry, as well as the plumbing industry.

Water Romper
07-06-2005, 02:07 PM
I have been boating for years and don’t see this “de-plugging” very often. :confused:
I do NOT live near the river and I NEVER take by boat in the ocean ( 10 minutes away) so maybe you local water boys and girls can shed some light on this “occurrence” :supp:
Have I seen a tire slashed, a car keyed, house vandalized, people attacked…. YES…. but this boat thing...:angry2:
Perhaps our little piece of paradise is no more….I like the idea of installing the plug from the inside…as a matter of fact, I think my hull is so thick I could put in two, one in each end….Wait, that doesn’t sound right either :D

BOBALOO
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I have not posted on this since I got home but I know alot of people on the boards that will agree with me that I dont cause sh*t with people on the river. I dont need to put myself or the people on my boat in harms way. I am pretty sure this was just some drunk fockers messing around and I was the " lucky " one to get " messed " with, and I seriously doubt that I did anything to piss anyone off except maybe play music too loud. I doubt that also b/c we were sitting in the boat talking most of the time so the stereo wasn't turned up for long and wasn't as loud as Kokohoes.
Now what happened to the Warlock with the illegible note in the sand was pretty focked up. I was at least lucky enough to catch mine in time and will probably never leave my boat in the water overnight or I would not be able to sleep.
NUT UP you POS and confront the people you have a problem with.
I would LOVE to catch someone in my boat or doing something to it and teach them why they shouldn't do stuff to others property.

spectras only
07-06-2005, 03:01 PM
I saw them made of s/s . Check victory products . Sorry if I ruined your biz Dave :idea: :D

spectras only
07-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Can you chrome brass RD?
Mandie , you can't be serious right ? What about those chrome plated mag wheels or plastic bumpers on new cars/trucks . Before s/s got cheaper ,most fittings were plated bronze or cheap zamak :hammerhea :D

Boatcop
07-06-2005, 03:06 PM
People think the reason most Marine Patrols use Boston Whaler boats is for their ride, durability and stability.
Not true.
It's because they can't sink, even when the plug is pulled. :D

spectras only
07-06-2005, 03:11 PM
People think the reason most Marine Patrols use Boston Whaler boats is for their ride, durability and stability.
Not true.
It's because they can't sink, even when the plug is pulled. :D
or the boat sawed in half :D

Mandelon
07-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Mandie , you can't be serious right ? What about those chrome plated mag wheels or plastic bumpers on new cars/trucks . Before s/s got cheaper ,most fittings were plated bronze or cheap zamak :hammerhea :D
OK then, I want some cheap, poorly chromed zamak drain plugs made up.... :D

spectras only
07-06-2005, 03:41 PM
OK then, I want some cheap, poorly chromed zamak drain plugs made up.... :D
I'm sure RD can handle one special order :D

SummitKarl
07-06-2005, 04:01 PM
RD
talk about thread jacking.........now we got Idea/product Jacking :hammer2:

termiteguy
07-06-2005, 04:31 PM
After reading the thread and understanding the situation I'd think the spanner wrench is the way to go. Easy to make and unless you have the wrench (also easy to make) then your not going to be able to steal it?
If you guys are interested, I can make a run of 100 of them or so and see how it goes?
I think I'd make them out of stainless though? Either stainless or brass?
RD
when you get them done pm me i will buy on of them my boat stays in the water
all the time at night thanks rob

Mandelon
07-06-2005, 06:09 PM
I think I know who did it. Somewhere on the forums I read that BurtandNancy pulled the plug..... :rolleyes: :cool: :p

phebus
07-06-2005, 07:00 PM
LOL, their final goodbye :D

burtandnancy
07-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Mondalon, you SOB. That was the funniest thing I've seen yet...
Thanx...

shueman
07-06-2005, 07:18 PM
I think I know who did it. Somewhere on the forums I read that BurtandNancy pulled the plug..... :rolleyes: :cool: :p
:D :hammerhea

northern baja
07-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Gross!
Hey the lst time I was in the channel area some partyers had just finished poking the eyes out of one of the store owners pet ducks.
You really have to watch yourself, as there are many around that just don't get it!

SmokinLowriderSS
07-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Stainless would be OK with Aluminum as far as corosion goes but the lead content in Brass is what gives it a self-lubricating factor. The friction between any 2 pieces of metal is always highest between 2 pieces of the same metal. That is why engines run on steel liners, aluminum pistons, cast iron rings, (bearings are lead-based) dissimilar metals for less friction (as well as other issues such as weight, hardness/softness). Brass is an exception as you will almost never see a brass item sieze up inside another threaded brass item, even when both are quite green from corrosion. Steel wil do it on the same steel alloy, Stainless is really bad, seen often in S&W SS autoloading handguns galling troubles in the late 90's., Aluminum is horrid about galling on Al.

Mandelon
07-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Mondalon, you SOB. That was the funniest thing I've seen yet...
Thanx...
Couldn't resist. I say plead innocent, I bet they can't prove it. The only evidence is circumstantial and heresay!!! :D

RiverDave
07-07-2005, 10:27 AM
talk about thread jacking.........now we got Idea/product Jacking :hammer2:
Again, sorry about that, I just skimmed the thread real quick. I didn't read where you said you had an actual interest in making them. Good luck with it! :) I look forward to purchasing one when it becomes available.
RD

Wake Havasu
07-08-2005, 09:40 AM
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=250
http://www.skidim.com/images/250.jpg

superdave013
07-08-2005, 10:33 AM
C'Mon guys, 6061-T6 is not all bad. :)
I've got your plugs right here. http://www.sweetperformance.com/cart/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=22

Aquaholic502
10-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I made some drain plugs for those with this problem and I have pics but I can not post pictures anymore for some reason so can I e-mail someone to post them for me. I think someone started to do this but not sure what happend. This is a turned and then milled custom patern drain plug and will have a custom made tool with it. So can anyone help post pics?
Al

Aquaholic502
10-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Send them to clubwerks at gmail dot com.
Is that your e-mail shockwavebob

Aquaholic502
10-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Sorry, I deleted it. I will send it now.

JetBoatRich
10-13-2005, 06:59 PM
http://www.clubwerks.com/river/drain plug.jpg
That would work :eek:
sucks it has come to that :2purples:

Aquaholic502
10-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks. The plug will be platted and the tool will not look like that, it was just a test. The tool I am going to make will be like a flat handle with pattern milled into it. What do you guys think?
Al

soupersonic
10-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Mine doesnt thread all the way in there still plenty to grab with some channel locks.Would you still be able to with this one?

Aquaholic502
10-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Mine doesnt thread all the way in there still plenty to grab with some channel locks.Would you still be able to with this one?
These are going to stick out a little over an 1/8 of an inch so I dont thik that shoul be to much of a problem. If you try to get too close you could bottom out the plug on the shoulder and it would not seal good. Thats why im letting it stick out a little because not all threads will be machined exactly the same on the matting part so it gives a little room.

Jyruiz
10-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Wow, those are cool, LMK when they go on sale.

Ultrafied
10-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Whewww ..... I'm in for 2 .... I will PM you. Looks great and a good idea!

Daytona100
10-14-2005, 08:36 AM
How much for three? Looks like they would do the trick. :)

Evil-E
10-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Yesssss! I'm in for two also. :)

SummitKarl
10-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Hey SWB it looks like a common 1/2" Torx would fit that. just a observation :)

syke-o
10-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Hey SWB it looks like a common 1/2" Torx would fit that. just a observation :)
if it is.. how many would be thieves would happen to have one handy???? :confused:

carreraelite
10-14-2005, 10:03 AM
I think that if you round the edge, it will make it harder to grip with a pair of plyers......

RiverDave
10-14-2005, 04:03 PM
if it is.. how many would be thieves would happen to have one handy???? :confused:
Probably slightly less then the amount of thieves that had an adjustable spanner wrench handy.. Which would involve drilling all of two holes, and making a wrench with 2 dowel pins in it. About 1 / 8 th the mfg'ing costs.. but what do I know?
RD

rerfert
10-14-2005, 05:41 PM
I just started to read this post and thought a simple brass spicket?? that stays in the boat with a removable twist handle...much like a house water spicket.
OK I read it all now...Very cool product.
The spicket Idea could also be removed with a cresent wrench.

spectratoad
10-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks. The plug will be platted and the tool will not look like that, it was just a test. The tool I am going to make will be like a flat handle with pattern milled into it. What do you guys think?
Al
I will take two. :cool:

Aquaholic502
10-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the info on design guys, I am still making changes to them to make them closer to perfect. They will be more flush to the boat than I had planned and the rounding of the edges sounds good to. I thought about the 1/2 torx and allen wrench ($20 tool) fitting when making these but I dont think a loser that pulls these out will be walking around with a bag of tools to do this. I will try to finish the tool and get a pic of tool and of the plug in boat for this weekend for everyone to see.

Ultrafied
10-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Great! Thanks for the effort, I will be waiting ....

carreraelite
10-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Which would involve drilling all of two holes, and making a wrench with 2 dowel pins in it. About 1 / 8 th the mfg'ing costs.. but what do I know?
RD
I like that idea as well.................

LAVEYSABRE575
10-15-2005, 08:01 AM
Nice torx drain plug i"ll take three, theres some f..up people in the channel last sat. i pulled up and parked next to some people in the channel i say hi to the people next to us and no response. My wife and my 6 yr old dghtr. are getting off the boat to go get some ice cream and i notice the trash staring at us that were parked next to me. When we came back somebody filled a bucket with sand and poured it on my bow about 1 inch thick and spread out. The peeps (river trash) that were parked next to us just stared as we cleaned up. Maybe im to trusting but i leave my boat alone alot in the channel for lunch runs etc. I hate to have to worry about sh-t like this....derek

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-15-2005, 08:05 AM
Nice torx drain plug i"ll take three, theres some f..up people in the channel last sat. i pulled up and parked next to some people in the channel i say hi to the people next to us and no response. My wife and my 6 yr old dghtr. are getting off the boat to go get some ice cream and i notice the trash staring at us that were parked next to me. When we came back somebody filled a bucket with sand and poured it on my bow about 1 inch thick and spread out. The peeps (river trash) that were parked next to us just stared as we cleaned up. Maybe im to trusting but i leave my boat alone alot in the channel for lunch runs etc. I hate to have to worry about sh-t like this....derek
that is BS sorry to hear about it

jbtrailerjim
10-15-2005, 08:12 AM
That's f'd up. F*cken dirtbags. WTF is wrong with some people.:mad:

Jyruiz
10-15-2005, 08:26 AM
I think I will leave my boat alone as well, but keep and eye from a far, I would like to catch the MFrs who pull that sh*t and introduce them to my left and right fist, maybe even the right foot too.

phebus
10-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Maybe I'm too simple, and my plugs never get pulled, as I don't ever take on enough water, but couldn't the plugs just be screwed in from the inside, eliminating easy access from assholes? Being pipe thread, i don't know if the taper is on the plug, or on the female thread.

Tremor Therapy
10-15-2005, 09:24 AM
3 things....
1) I don't park in the channel very often but when I do it is for a very short time, or with 3 or 4 boats worth of friends, and I never leave my boat alone.
2) If you can come up with a nice dome head torx type plug, I'll take 2.
3) It it coming everyone....one of these days someone is going to pull a stunt like this, or some boating trash is going to dump sand in someone's rig, and they are going to get shot! Then you won't ever have to worry about parking in the channel again. Why do these f'ing morons have to mess with other peoples stuff, and why does it always have to turn aggro? Don't we all go boating to relax and have a good time?

Aquaholic502
10-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Maybe I'm too simple, and my plugs never get pulled, as I don't ever take on enough water, but couldn't the plugs just be screwed in from the inside, eliminating easy access from assholes? Being pipe thread, i don't know if the taper is on the plug, or on the female thread.
I would have just done this myself but both components have the tapper so the plug might not even start on the other end. Also the seal would not be that good because of less contact anyway. I did fix the issue that someone said a 1/2 torx or even an allen wrench would fit on the parts im making. I added a nipple to the center so no tools can even get into the part. I will take a pic later of the new part but I will need someone to post the pics for me aqain being I cant do it with my account. And all I have to do after that is get parts platted and they are ready.