PDA

View Full Version : How can you have a bad time at HAVASU????

NOTALENT
07-05-2005, 05:40 AM
First off let me give a huge THANKS to Squeezing Spectra and Wutwzat for helping me finish the boat...we were puting in 15hour days to finish it...without them it would have been impossible to finish... We did get it running great..and the system hooked up...so things were definatley looking up...Now to my weekend...
We didnt get out till around 3 on saturday...not much traffic...but we got there quick...coming up the 95 just passed parker at around 9:30-10:00 is where it started...there was a head on collision...a few people died..im not sure of the details at this point..wake up in the morning to launch the boat...started it up a few times...ran perfect...get to the water...launch it...and for some reason the starter isnt engaging... :frown: pull it out...take it back to the house...and we couldnt figure it out...so no boat for the weekend...I didnt want to go to the water without my boat so I figured I would stay at the pad and chill in the pool..with some beers...the pool was 90degrees... :mad: we had a huge group and it was nothing but bitching the whole time...people arguing, couples breaking up...MADNESS!!!
Going home on sunday just felt so right at this point.....dropped my boat off in parker...and left..about 20 min from home my buddie calls me, he broke down at Chiraco Summit...threw a fan belt..and cant to the boat home....towing the truck would have costed him $600 so being the good friend I am I turned around...picked up a fan belt and drove all the way back...oh yeah...I got a ticket on the way back...I was doing 81mph through 29 palms. I knew better than that...especially on this weekend..So we get there...I throw the fan belt on ....and were good to go...on the 57freeway..there was a car accident..another car had rolled..I could barley see the people inside..as they were directing traffic...and it wasnt pretty...also there was a fire around the banning area we saw....
There were a few other events that happened....and some I probably cant remember...but this is the gist of it...I did have fun saturday night at Kokohoes...for a whole 3 hours!!! :D headed up friday again..hoping that its all good times...Im coming home more stressed out than when I had left...!!! I didnt think it was possible... :frown:
Sorry for the rant... :eek:

a catered life
07-05-2005, 05:43 AM
dam :eek: now thats a focked weekend........you forgot the best part you made it home safe and sound :wink:

NOTALENT
07-05-2005, 05:46 AM
dam :eek: now thats a focked weekend........you forgot the best part you made it home safe and sound :wink:
oh..yeah...thats true...but everything that could have went wrong did... :cry: I was going to go party last night..try and savor something from this weekend...but my cousin was over with her newborn..so I stayed home...lucky kid..not a thought in his mind yet... :rollside:

a catered life
07-05-2005, 05:50 AM
lmao

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Were you with some rookies this weekend? Sorry about your boat, I know you have had a hell of a time with it. Better luck to ya.

Sherpa
07-05-2005, 09:10 AM
nice of you to help your buddy out..............
--Sherpa

NOTALENT
07-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Were you with some rookies this weekend? Sorry about your boat, I know you have had a hell of a time with it. Better luck to ya.
yup...I didnt want to stay there...but..I was hoping for the best....they rented a huge house...when you have about 15-20 peeps though...I only new how it would turn out...and proved my point...never again...will I do that..Rookies indeed...im hoping next weekend makes up for this past one.. :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
07-05-2005, 09:18 AM
I have had bad times there. 75% of the time is the people I brought...the bigger the group, the bigger the chance for drama.
I could tell stories...

doesitfloat?
07-05-2005, 09:52 AM
I know the feeling. Coming back from fireworks show, a drunk in a 26' pontoon boat rammed the dock into our new boat causing damage. Moved the dock 11'! With the sherriff till midnight, kids crying, time to just go home.

SCUBA STEVE
07-05-2005, 11:28 AM
yup...I didnt want to stay there...but..I was hoping for the best....they rented a huge house...when you have about 15-20 peeps though...I only new how it would turn out...and proved my point...never again...will I do that..Rookies indeed...im hoping next weekend makes up for this past one.. :cool:
Newbies on a holiday weekend is tuff sometimes. :jawdrop:
Glad you made it through ok. It could have been much worse. :D

djunkie
07-05-2005, 11:33 AM
I've been down this road way too many times. WATCH OUT for who you bring. I have some drama stricken friends that do not come to the river with me anymore. If they want to go they stay in a hotel and not at my house. I want to get a sign on my front door that states "The Drama Stops Here" :idea: :D

NOTALENT
07-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Newbies on a holiday weekend is tuff sometimes. :jawdrop:
Glad you made it through ok. It could have been much worse. :D
The boat was running great..we ran it saturday..on the trailer for a good amount of time...she was purring like a kitten....system was cranking...now this fockin starter problem!!! I will have the new starter shortly...this weekend...it should go smooth....how was jamaica

NOTALENT
07-05-2005, 11:38 AM
I've been down this road way too many times. WATCH OUT for who you bring. I have some drama stricken friends that do not come to the river with me anymore. If they want to go they stay in a hotel and not at my house. I want to get a sign on my front door that states "The Drama Stops Here" :idea: :D
haha..thats hilarious...make sure to add to the sign...."woman...the clothes come off here" :D when are you headed back up??

djunkie
07-05-2005, 11:40 AM
haha..thats hilarious...make sure to add to the sign...."woman...the clothes come off here" :D when are you headed back up??
If you bring the right woman you don't even need that on the sign. Just the right alcohol will do it. :D I won't be up for a couple weeks. Too much B.S. to take care of around here. :cry:

essexjet
07-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Exactly, Notalent I had a 4th of weekend just like your a few years ago. It sucks man. People bitchin because the boat is broke, you find out who your real friends are.

Totally IncapASSitated
07-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Brandon---
Sorry to hear about the shitty weekend :mad:
Got your message on Sunday morning....we were out on the lake until about 4am on Sat night.
Well let's definitely plan on meeting up this weekend and party enough to make up for all the shit!!!
I'm staying out here all week...so let me know when your rolling out!!
Alan

barbigrl
07-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Sorry you had such a shitty weekend Brandon... :frown: If it is any consulation (consultation as WYRD would say) mine was GREAT and I did not want to come home yesterday!!! hehehe...luv ya!!! :D

Holland
07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
NOTALENT!!!!!
Brandon, I feel for ya last weekend!!!! or I can say that I empathize anyway... We will be there this weekend, LOOK ME UP!!! I have GOT to buy you a beer to laugh at last weekend as we sit happily this weekend!!!!!!! Good luck and change the damn starter!!!!!
-Bob

NOTALENT
07-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Brandon---
Sorry to hear about the shitty weekend :mad:
Got your message on Sunday morning....we were out on the lake until about 4am on Sat night.
Well let's definitely plan on meeting up this weekend and party enough to make up for all the shit!!!
I'm staying out here all week...so let me know when your rolling out!!
Alan
Im headed out Friday afterwork stopping at my pad in parker to pick up the boat.....turns out the fockin Bendix in the starter let loose and broke!!!! :mad: I will definatley hit u up...I need a place to crash... :D
Sorry you had such a shitty weekend Brandon... If it is any consulation (consultation as WYRD would say) mine was GREAT and I did not want to come home yesterday!!! hehehe...luv ya!!!
haha..well im glad some people had a good time...im way over do....when are you going back up???
Brandon, I feel for ya last weekend!!!! or I can say that I empathize anyway... We will be there this weekend, LOOK ME UP!!! I have GOT to buy you a beer to laugh at last weekend as we sit happily this weekend!!!!!!! Good luck and change the damn starter!!!!!
sounds like a plan..I dont think im bringing anymore rookies to the zoo....email me your number...pm's aint workin...I need to get so shiat crackin this weekend!!! :crossx:

chub
07-05-2005, 03:39 PM
The first boat I bought legally sat 10. The last two seat four. HERE'S YOUR SIGN! Your gonna figure this stuff out. Hands and cheers rite to you for getting your mate out of trouble. :D

chub
07-05-2005, 03:41 PM
What's with the newbies and the drama? We have a few newbies in our park, they are all about the drama. Every weekend, it's something else.
School your newbies man!

Ziggy
07-05-2005, 05:16 PM
....they rented a huge house...when you have about 15-20 peeps :
Just the reason we don't rent during the party months....lots of people, too many rookies, drama, fights......and so on, and so on..............

meaniam
07-05-2005, 06:03 PM
oh..yeah...thats true...but everything that could have went wrong did... :cry: I was going to go party last night..try and savor something from this weekend...but my cousin was over with her newborn..so I stayed home...lucky kid..not a thought in his mind yet... :rollside:
my take on my weekend. worked my ass of for 3 months spent aroung 9 g. now in credit card hell. ok so i leave wednesday night no accidents no ticket no car problems.........cool.........friday im driving flattie up to sand bar all of a sudden it shut down..... reach over pull coil wire turn over no spark...wait a second no fuel pump sound.....i already no the problem...ive dealt with 4 bad ignition switchs the past week hot wire everything just pull coil wire when i am ready to shut down....... open it up now everything sounds tits look over my vddrive has oil shooting up about 3 feet from grease hole.... no biggie vise grip water inlet shut were good to go..... shot up to the sand bar have a good time now friday comes... wanted to see if boat trash wanted to get his ass kicked for having diarria at the mouth... we get up to pay and im in back waiting for boat trash to run off at the mouth anymore. boat patrol ask my wife if we have enough muffler. she not having a clue what he is talking about says no i think i need more. all i hear was dont worry ill find you out there and we will find out...nice one... boat not running so good a couple of tweaks its back to tits........sandbar closed....go south to a cove park with 2 other boats all of a sudden this was the place to be really kind of cool head back to luanch to call it a day i see the patrol heading for me as i am full throttle i reach back pull coil wire with a couple pops were dead in water.....the patrol stops about 100 feet away.... i waited for 30 mins for him to leave... he sat there with boat facing me the whole time i threw rope to pops a had him tow me in...not worth the ticket he wanted to give....ended up getting heat stroke really bad so i sat saturday out...everyone tells me i missed the best day sunday luanched from topock engine overheated pulled it out water pump wasted. replaced it drove out still overheating but staying around 205 drive half way down to sand bar i see my oil pressure suddenly drop lifter clicking i kill it right away...this thing is hella hot i turn it over white smoke puffing from breather im sure i damaged the engine even though it fires right up and great oil psi at start up.... im done with this thing i leave for the day..... monday i rent a seadoo so i can go to the bar 300 dollars not to bad... made it there everything went fine....today though on the way home i blow rear tire hitting some debris i couldnt dodge.....that ended i expensive horrible weekend great river fun when i was out there just 2 many problems for me mechanically....but i do feel fortunate that i made it home no accident or tickets

djunkie
07-05-2005, 06:08 PM
my take on my weekend. worked my ass of for 3 months spent aroung 9 g. now in credit card hell. ok so i leave wednesday night no accidents no ticket no car problems.........cool.........friday im driving flattie up to sand bar all of a sudden it shut down..... reach over pull coil wire turn over no spark...wait a second no fuel pump sound.....i already no the problem...ive dealt with 4 bad ignition switchs the past week hot wire everything just pull coil wire when i am ready to shut down....... open it up now everything sounds tits look over my vddrive has oil shooting up about 3 feet from grease hole.... no biggie vise grip water inlet shut were good to go..... shot up to the sand bar have a good time now friday comes... wanted to see if boat trash wanted to get his ass kicked for having diarria at the mouth... we get up to pay and im in back waiting for boat trash to run off at the mouth anymore. boat patrol ask my wife if we have enough muffler. she not having a clue what he is talking about says no i think i need more. all i hear was dont worry ill find you out there and we will find out...nice one... boat not running so good a couple of tweaks its back to tits........sandbar closed....go south to a cove park with 2 other boats all of a sudden this was the place to be really kind of cool head back to luanch to call it a day i see the patrol heading for me as i am full throttle i reach back pull coil wire with a couple pops were dead in water.....the patrol stops about 100 feet away.... i waited for 30 mins for him to leave... he sat there with boat facing me the whole time i threw rope to pops a had him tow me in...not worth the ticket he wanted to give....ended up getting heat stroke really bad so i sat saturday out...everyone tells me i missed the best day sunday luanched from topock engine overheated pulled it out water pump wasted. replaced it drove out still overheating but staying around 205 drive half way down to sand bar i see my oil pressure suddenly drop lifter clicking i kill it right away...this thing is hella hot i turn it over white smoke puffing from breather im sure i damaged the engine even though it fires right up and great oil psi at start up.... im done with this thing i leave for the day..... monday i rent a seadoo so i can go to the bar 300 dollars not to bad... made it there everything went fine....today though on the way home i blow rear tire hitting some debris i couldnt dodge.....that ended i expensive horrible weekend great river fun when i was out there just 2 many problems for me mechanically....but i do feel fortunate that i made it home no accident or tickets
WOW!!! :jawdrop:

NOTALENT
07-05-2005, 07:26 PM
damn bro...I dont think were meant to be boaters this season.... :burningm: hopefully next weekend changes everything...let me know how everything goes with the engine work...I know a genious mechanic :D my starters bendix broke...so I will have one by this weekend... :jawdrop:

WUTWZAT
07-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey Brandon no problem, sorry to hear about the bad luck once you got out there. You know I am still trying to get mine together. Tomorrow "DoF-150sFloat" and myself should have my short block re-assembled and ready for heads. I believe I got everything else lined up and we will see you at the sandbar this weekend. Good luck, and if all else fails row out into the channel and float for a while, at least til LEO makes you leave. Tell them at least your not contributing to the Co2 problem and not speeding thru the channel. ;)
Alright enough of my smart ass comments, see ya when I get there Friday night.
Jason

NOTALENT
07-06-2005, 05:07 AM
Hey Brandon no problem, sorry to hear about the bad luck once you got out there. You know I am still trying to get mine together. Tomorrow "DoF-150sFloat" and myself should have my short block re-assembled and ready for heads. I believe I got everything else lined up and we will see you at the sandbar this weekend. Good luck, and if all else fails row out into the channel and float for a while, at least til LEO makes you leave. Tell them at least your not contributing to the Co2 problem and not speeding thru the channel. ;)
Alright enough of my smart ass comments, see ya when I get there Friday night.
Jason
haha...I was thinking about strapping on bruces 8hp trolling motor... :D the chicks will be digging that fo sho!!! :D bring her some malibu rum...and she will build the perfect motor :jawdrop: :D

Holland
07-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Im headed out Friday afterwork stopping at my pad in parker to pick up the boat.....turns out the fockin Bendix in the starter let loose and broke!!!! :mad: I will definatley hit u up...I need a place to crash... :D
haha..well im glad some people had a good time...im way over do....when are you going back up???
sounds like a plan..I dont think im bringing anymore rookies to the zoo....email me your number...pm's aint workin...I need to get so shiat crackin this weekend!!! :crossx:
I cant hit your email either... BHolland@tmciinc.com will work!
See you this weekend!

Holland
07-06-2005, 06:57 AM
Damn... Beers for you too brotha!!! When you guys get your rides dialed in... You can just run circles around me and I will just keep throwin' ya drinks!!! :D

riverroyal
07-06-2005, 07:26 AM
weekend was so good,we are leaving tommorrow to go back,just got home last nite

NOTALENT
07-06-2005, 07:34 AM
weekend was so good,we are leaving tommorrow to go back,just got home last nite
thanks for rubbing it in!!! im glad you had a good time...we will all be kickin it at the sandbar...you should meet up with us!! where are you staying??

riverroyal
07-06-2005, 08:37 AM
have a trailer there,,,,sandbar on what day?

NOTALENT
07-06-2005, 08:42 AM
have a trailer there,,,,sandbar on what day?
saturday and sunday..I will be there...the channel in the am...

riverroyal
07-06-2005, 08:50 AM
we will try for the channel,look for ushttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2371DSC00391.JPG

SPOCK
07-06-2005, 08:51 AM
sucker

NOTALENT
07-06-2005, 08:53 AM
nice...I will look out for it...heres my bitch...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/916boat_pics_002.jpg

meaniam
07-06-2005, 11:17 AM
nice...I will look out for it...heres my bitch...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/916boat_pics_002.jpg
hey i saw your bitch but some other guy was driving her hard...........
over the 4th of july weekend......must have been a boat looking like yours
shit i wont be out there for a while engine rebuild teardown cassell...... restrip the outside hardware for repaint of boat suppose too do all by this weekend right........man i dont have the energy to keep doing this....the paint peeled like i knew it would....gas vent tube spewed it load on paint just ate it away.........
i took on to much of a project to make sure everything was 100% with the short amount of time to do it...if you remember it was working on boat tell the last 5mins before leaving........
hell there was a few times people were running circles around me if i was able to fit a ice chest i would been playing quarterback with the beers.........what do you guys get for a bench job rebuild on a 69 396 chevy what kind of warrenty

78Southwind
07-12-2005, 04:33 PM
First off let me give a huge THANKS to Squeezing Spectra and Wutwzat for helping me finish the boat...we were puting in 15hour days to finish it...without them it would have been impossible to finish... We did get it running great..and the system hooked up...so things were definatley looking up...Now to my weekend...
We didnt get out till around 3 on saturday...not much traffic...but we got there quick...coming up the 95 just passed parker at around 9:30-10:00 is where it started...there was a head on collision...a few people died..im not sure of the details at this point..wake up in the morning to launch the boat...started it up a few times...ran perfect...get to the water...launch it...and for some reason the starter isnt engaging... :frown: pull it out...take it back to the house...and we couldnt figure it out...so no boat for the weekend...I didnt want to go to the water without my boat so I figured I would stay at the pad and chill in the pool..with some beers...the pool was 90degrees... :mad: we had a huge group and it was nothing but bitching the whole time...people arguing, couples breaking up...MADNESS!!!
Going home on sunday just felt so right at this point.....dropped my boat off in parker...and left..about 20 min from home my buddie calls me, he broke down at Chiraco Summit...threw a fan belt..and cant to the boat home....towing the truck would have costed him $600 so being the good friend I am I turned around...picked up a fan belt and drove all the way back...oh yeah...I got a ticket on the way back...I was doing 81mph through 29 palms. I knew better than that...especially on this weekend..So we get there...I throw the fan belt on ....and were good to go...on the 57freeway..there was a car accident..another car had rolled..I could barley see the people inside..as they were directing traffic...and it wasnt pretty...also there was a fire around the banning area we saw....
There were a few other events that happened....and some I probably cant remember...but this is the gist of it...I did have fun saturday night at Kokohoes...for a whole 3 hours!!! :D headed up friday again..hoping that its all good times...Im coming home more stressed out than when I had left...!!! I didnt think it was possible... :frown:
Sorry for the rant... :eek:
Sorry to hear the bad news. Things went great for my little Southwind we cruised the river from Laughlin to Havasu all week. Bruce (Squeezing Spectra) did a great job. I even got a courtesy call from Jason (Wutwzat) when I was kicking at the sandbar. Now that is service. Hope to see you on the river this summer Brandon.

NOTALENT
07-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news. Things went great for my little Southwind we cruised the river from Laughlin to Havasu all week. Bruce (Squeezing Spectra) did a great job. I even got a courtesy call from Jason (Wutwzat) when I was kicking at the sandbar. Now that is service. Hope to see you on the river this summer Brandon.
Glad to hear it worked out well...just a few minor kinks to work out on mine..but man it kicked ass in havasu this weekend... :D when are u headed back out???

78Southwind
07-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear it worked out well...just a few minor kinks to work out on mine..but man it kicked ass in havasu this weekend... :D when are u headed back out???
Good to hear. I will be in Havasu at the end of July but I will probably be hanging out up towards Topock. You know it's a small boat thing. :(

NOTALENT
07-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Good to hear. I will be in Havasu at the end of July but I will probably be hanging out up towards Topock. You know it's a small boat thing. :(
you know I partied with bruce, jay and there whole crew up there yesterday...and dude..I love that place...nice scenery and lots of cool places to chill...and you dont have to worry about all these damn drunks...we were at park moabi...let me know the dates..maybe i will make it up there.

78Southwind
07-12-2005, 07:00 PM
you know I partied with bruce, jay and there whole crew up there yesterday...and dude..I love that place...nice scenery and lots of cool places to chill...and you dont have to worry about all these damn drunks...we were at park moabi...let me know the dates..maybe i will make it up there.
Park Moabi is bitchen I launched there Wednesday and Friday. I thought Bruce was going to be there Friday but I didn't see him. We are going to stay at the Nautical Inn from 29th to 31th.

NOTALENT
07-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Park Moabi is bitchen I launched there Wednesday and Friday. I thought Bruce was going to be there Friday but I didn't see him. We are going to stay at the Nautical Inn from 29th to 31th.
that might be able to work..I think there headed back out there this weekend with his brothers boat..they didnt finish it intime....I may roll out...with them..we will see...

WUTWZAT
07-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Brandon, did you make it to work today?
I knew I was going to need gas in the morning so I stopped and filled up on the way home. Didn't hit the bed til at least 3am couldn't fall asleep right away, so at 7am I made the call and became a no show.
Thats ok, I made the rounds to peeps I owe $$$ to and paid up sucka.
LOL, Hey I think I may have left a burger in your truck....
Jerry, When is your next trip? I hope to be testing by next weekend, lets see what I can get done.
Jason

Squeezing Spectra
07-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Dude sweet trip is all i can say just got home. LMAO :hammer2:

78Southwind
07-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Where were you on Friday Bruce? We went down to the Devils Elbow and up to Needles looking for you. Burnt over 100 gallons over the week, runs good but like you said I need to drop the jets down in the carb.

78Southwind
07-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I knew I was going to need gas in the morning so I stopped and filled up on the way home. Didn't hit the bed til at least 3am couldn't fall asleep right away, so at 7am I made the call and became a no show.
Jerry, When is your next trip? I hope to be testing by next weekend, lets see what I can get done.
Jason
Get that bitch done. The next trip is to the Zoo on the 29th through the 31st. Let me know if you need any help I am pretty good at drinking beer and BSing. :D

NOTALENT
07-13-2005, 05:27 AM
Jason
dude...I called in sick as well...I was still sobering up when I got home. set my alarm so I wouldnt have to talk to the boss when I called in...just left a message..haha. and yeah focker...you left that burger and fries in there...smelt like mcdonalds in the morning!!!!

NOTALENT
07-13-2005, 05:28 AM
focker!! thanks for leaving to the sandbar without me!!!! :jawdrop: haha..dude..it was well worth calling in sick though...I had a great time...I caught up real quick!! :D definatley have to do that shit again...MOABI ROCKS!!!

Squeezing Spectra
07-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Focker atleast we didnt leave you there LMAO :boxed:

NOTALENT
07-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Focker atleast we didnt leave you there LMAO :boxed:
maybe u dont remember well enough...but as steve and I were gettin back...well there was no one else there but jason...!!!!! :eek: You all had my back pack with my keys and beer!!! haha..
so am I bringing the bitch over today or what??? :rollside:

Squeezing Spectra
07-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Not unless you are going to taco surf tonight with us lol i will look at it tomorrow for ya. :hammerhea

NOTALENT
07-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Not unless you are going to taco surf tonight with us lol i will look at it tomorrow for ya. :hammerhea
tonight?? its not thursday yet???

Squeezing Spectra
07-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Starting early LOL :lightsabe

northern baja
07-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Have you ever plowed into the first day of a vacation with to much drink and sun. Only to spead the next two days in a tub of cold water.
That's the nice things about AZ, It's warm enough out that the power of the sun is obvious and gives you more immediate feedback.